[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having watched the Owl last night I came to the conclusion that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: brady.png (99KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
brady.png
99KB, 350x254px
Having watched the Owl last night I came to the conclusion that the only relevant player on either side is the quarterback - is this a fair analysis? Seems like everyone else does basically the same role and nobody particularly stands out at doing it i.e. trying to find open space then running really fast

Seems like the focus by the commentators was always on the QBs as well
>>
The coin was also relevant
>>
>>74108281
This was not the case before the 2004 emphasis on illegal contact. Defense had a big impact on the past. The offensive rule changes ruined the game.
>>
commercials are the only relevant thing in this """"""""""""sport"""""""""""""
>>
File: 1479871129961.jpg (43KB, 852x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479871129961.jpg
43KB, 852x960px
>>74108281
>Having watched the Owl last night I came to the conclusion that the only relevant player on either side is the quarterback
>>
>>74108293
BEING UP 28-3 AND STILL BLAMING A G O D D A M N C O I N TOSS, NIGGA
>>
>>74108281
No.

To illustrate: Imagine what Brady's career might have been if he had been drafted by the Browns.
>>
>>74108281
Quarterback is definitely one of the most important positions because they touch the football on every snap, but QBs can't win games without an O-line giving them time to throw (see the first half) receivers getting open, and defenses making stops to give them the ball back, etc.

Your viewpoint is skewed because you just watched the greatest QB performance in football history, but really it's team oriented game
>>
>>74108293
Receiving teams has won JUST BARELY more than 50% of all NFL overtime games since 2012 when rule started - 50.7%.

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/112875/numbers-dont-back-up-patriots-ot-strategy

On the other hand the team that shoots first in a Penalty Shootout wins 60% of time.

http://www.soccermetrics.net/paper-discussions/penalty-kick-shootout-paper-apesteguia-palacios-huerta

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.
>>
qb matters a lot but its very wrong to say its the only relevant position
>>
>>74108336
>>74108349

To give a european comparison, is it like an amazing playmaker in football needing players to make runs for their passes to be worthwhile?
>>
>>74108336
Brady would've been shit, sure, but that's because coaches, staff, and organizational leadership were and are trash.
>>
>>74108439
>>74108336
he would have been traded during one of the Browns' annual rebuilds and then played better on another team. like Brees or Warner
>>
>>74108354
divegrass eternally btfo. how will it ever recover?

>>74108281
the QB is arguably the highest skill position on the field so it's only natural they receive a majority of the praise. Everything depends on him.
>>
WRONG. You only think that because the retarded TV angles don't let you see what's happening down field. For example, having an elite receiver will inflate a quarterback's success because they get open more, and are better at catching the ball when it comes their way.
>>
>>74108281

Jalen collins: 10 solo tackles,
Keanu Neal and Robert Alford 9 each,
Deion Jones 7;

That Edelman reality glitch, Taylor archangel Gabriel flying catch, other great catches by Julio jones and amendola, 2 interceptions in the game that made the earth shift a bit... you just have to know HOW to look my caucasian
>>
>>74108404
Yes
A at least adequate quarterback is absolutely necessary for a good team. You can get by with a mediocre one if you have an absolutely fantastic and dominating defense (think the Broncos last year, Peyton Manning was old and sucked donkey dick at that point but the Broncos defense was so good they were literally scoring touchdowns in the super bowl).

That brings up another thing, you also need a great defense to win. This super bowl is a great example because the falcons have absolutely terrible defense but amazing #1 offense and the Patriots have the 2nd best offense and the best defense although it was spilling spaghetti in the first half. The Patriots defense was able to completely shut out the Falcon's offense in the 4th quarter which was imperative to the win.
>>
>>74108281
>find open space
>run really fast

Do you not realize how difficult that is when you're being covered and pursued WITH a helmet?

Also, the greatest moment of the night is still Gabriel styling on Butler so hard he literally got shook and fell over
>>
>>74108281
goodell is the only relevant player. whatever outcome he decides goes
>>
>>74108281
Linemen are people too
So's the runningback
So's the kicker (well, except for the Patriots' kicker, he's a homosexual)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.