/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are soccer tactics? When I watch a match it just seems like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1485685111418.jpg (458KB, 1420x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1485685111418.jpg
458KB, 1420x1332px
What are soccer tactics? When I watch a match it just seems like players run all over the place.

only watch the premier league btw
>>
>>74037098
>tactics

Choosing the correct time to dive
>>
>>74037098
>tactics
>premier league

There's your problem.
>>
>>74037160
Enlighten me Luigi
>>
>>74037098
Tactics on football is very different from American Football were every play they return to the initial position. Each player has a position, but they are able to move everywhere at their discretion, even Goalkeepers. Players have responsibilities on defense and offense.

Is really kind of hard to explain if you have never played football before
>>
>>74037436
I understand that they don't stick to one specific area the whole time, and they have a general formation they follow but how does playing a specific formation give a team an advantage?
>>
>>74037160
OP should just watch the Chelsea vs. Arsenal match this week. Study the formations, how the players organize positionally and also move together in defence and how the formation changes going forward. Watch who covers for whom during transitions of play. Watch for trends going forward. Are they playing narrow or wide and how does this relate to the oppositions defense? Are there a lot of overlapping runs, one-twos, through balls, etc. Does someone make runs to pull the defense away from the striker? Does the striker make runs behind the defense or across the field to create space for the midfielders to operate above the opposition's back line? Etc. Etc. It's a free-flowing game so it's not as rigidly tactical as American football for instance. But the best tacticians have separate themselves from the mediocre managers and have their day. Mourinho was a good example, lately it's been Conte. Hint: there is an illustrative contrast in this match, which is why it's a good and timely example.
>>
>>74037531
Is not as much as this formation defeats this other but how the players skills and coordination enables a team to use that formation to win.

I'm not really an expert, you should check the wikipedia or something, that could clear things
>>
>>74037531
fluid and rigid formations are part of the tactics. Lower league teams especially have a strict 4 defender back line, 4 midfielders, and 2 front men. The period of time we are going through is one of very fluid positions so its harder to see where the formations are.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football_tactics_and_skills

here's a good starting point
>>
>>74037160
>>
There's very little. Managing a soccer team depends 99% on the quality of players you have since you don't actually setup plays or anything. You just yell at them to move to a side of the field if they aren't paying attention.
>>
>>74037098
Football is 51% skills and 49% tactics

With the right tactics an objectively worse team can win vs a better team on any given day

Some teams even train their players specifically for a certain system, like the Italians with catenaccio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catenaccio or Spain/Barcelona with tiki-taka https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki-taka

I'm too lazy to give you more details, but just look here for some famous football systems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Association_football_tactics_and_skills
>>
>>74037098
why don't you just whatch a couple of videos on youtube which are really easy to find instead of creating these faggot threads?
>>
>>74039194
Because this is a shitpost.
>>
>>74037098
>only watch the premier league btw
there's your problem...
Watch Man City and Chelsea for tactics, the others for lulz.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.