[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who will have the greater legacy? Will winning or losing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Who will have the greater legacy? Will winning or losing affect the answer?
>>
They're playing/coaching a sport that will be dead in 50 years and Wikipedia stub article esoterica in 100.

Who gives a shit?
>>
>>74017712
Me =(
>>
>>74017712
t. Roberto Santana Miguel-Hernandez
>>
tom brady because he's sexy
no, they've won enough
>>
>>74017754
However you need to rationalize it, Clint.
>>
>>74017684
all depends on what happens after brady retires. If the pats go back to shit, then Brady will be considered greater. If hoodie continues his ways, it diminishes from Brady's legacy, but certainly doesn't dethrone him from the position of GOAT
>>
>>74017862
What if they retire at the same time? Which I can see happening
>>
>>74017684
Brady's legacy is more dependent on this superb owl because if he wins this one then he will be almost universally recognized as the all-time GOAT, as he will have surpassed Joe Montana's owl ring count.

This game doesn't matter much for Bill, he is already known as the GOAT coach.
>>
>>74017890
This. No one compares to Bill.
>>
>>74017867
pats go back to 1-15 irrelevancy
>>
They're both the respective GOATs at what they do, I don't think Sunday changes that win or lose. A win would just add to the legacy and make it that much harder for future Coaches and QBs to catch them.

>>74017867
Yeah I think Bill is the 2nd oldest coach in the NFL behind Carroll IIRC. I can totally see both Brady and Belichick retiring at the same time.
>>
>>74017867
If they retire at the same time I give the edge to Brady. Bill Belichick has had his great defenses, but the fact is that Brady has gone almost his entire career throwing to literally who wideouts. To throw out some names

>Troy Brown
>Reche Caldwell
>David Givens
>Christian Fauria
>Daniel Grahm
>Deion Branch(Bretty Gud)
>Kenbrall Thompkins
>David Patten
>Ben Watson
>Julian Edelman(Also bretty gud)
>Brandon Lloyd

Point being, belichick has been able to do what he does because he can refrain from stacking the offense as much because he has Brady, and can put that money towards paying guys like Devin Mcourty, and Dont'a Hightower, or a Prime Wilfork, or a prime Gronkowski. But it all comes back to Brady, if Brady wanted market value pay, the pats would not be what they are today.

The only 2 truly great receivers he has ever had are
>Rob Gronkowski
and
>Randy Moss
>>
>>74018239
you forgot Wes Welker, who was literally a special teams player for Miami before he went to New England.
Welker holds the four highest single-season reception totals in Patriots' history, as well as four of the top 10 receiving yardage totals, including the franchise record. He also holds the franchise records for most receptions in a single game, most receiving yards in a single game, longest reception, and career receptions.
I think everyone will agree none of that was possible without Brady.
>>
Of cheating? Hard to say. Technically Bill was the main culprit of spygate and took the brunt of the punishment. But then Brady literally destroyed his phone over deflategate and got suspended. Then you have little shit like headsetgate that gets swept under the rug. Should be interesting who gets caught next. It might be the tie-breaker.
>>
>>74018298
How can I forget welker, I love that guy, still better than edelman in my opinion, although it's getting close now.
>>
>>74018239
idk if its because of brady but fauria, graham, watson, and lloyd were pretty good. Troy brown was also #1 starting wr before brady came too
>>
File: 1462344718484.jpg (143KB, 1070x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1462344718484.jpg
143KB, 1070x1074px
>>74018239
>tripfag
>retarded
gee what else is new? So any great Pats Defense is the result of Belichecks excellent drafting, development, and retention of said players, but the Offense being good is just some happy accident and Bill has nothing to do with any player at any position being successful? Do you have any idea how retarded you sound? Do you understand what a head coach does? Do you know how football is played?
>>
>>74018298
IIRC Edelman played DB more times than WR before he took over the starting WR position
>>
>>74018458
Look at the history of New England drafts. They've spent 10 first round picks on defense, 5 picks on offense since 2000. The defense has always been Bill's focus, he's a defensive coach. And the offense isn't so much a happy accident as much as it is Bill knowing he has the greatest QB of all-time, and he can make plays to anyone. That's not a discredit to Bill either, using a 4th round pick on Gronk, or a 7th on edelman, or acquiring Hogan, Welker, who were pretty much cast offs is nothing short of genius on Belichick's behalf. But offense has never had priority over defense in New England, and much of that is because of Tom.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.