[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FWBer development discussion thread FWBer is an open source

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1504860083999.png (94KB, 482x371px) Image search: [Google]
1504860083999.png
94KB, 482x371px
FWBer development discussion thread

FWBer is an open source hookup/sex matching site developed by the community

Source code: https://github.com/fwber/fwber

Previous discussion: >>25654037
>>
>>25668527
Hm. Interesting.

Hope it catches on because I like the idea. Just feels kinda isolated right now. It would be nice to at least know if there are any people around me, or in the same country even.
>>
Won't let me see the old discussion but I also like the idea
>>
>>25668611
>>25668648

Thank you :-)

There are about 900 users right now so probably not too many matches yet. Hopefully it will keep growing to the point of being useful.

I'm going to put in a map function and some other ways to see other people.
>>
bramp
>>
Quick question. How do I see others or is there just no one else near me atm
>>
Huh, someone finally made this shit. Probably only good for faggots though. There's more than likely 1 woman for every 100 guys
>>
>>25669208
More than likely, but it's always worth a shot.
I'll be honestly surprised if there's anyone in this area of the UK that's signed up.
>>
>>25669160
Looks like it's not a browser type site. You don't get to see any matches outright. Gotta wait til the site gives you matches.
>>
>>25669225
You will see matches if there is anyone nearby that matches you. There just aren't enough users yet, only about 900 right now.
>>
>>25669292
Oh, well. I live in a fucking online deadzone of a state.
>>
>>25669296
If we can get the site popular over time it will become popular on mobile and then it'll work out.
>>
>>25669309
Good luck getting a hookup app on app stores.
>>
Ok, fellow developer here.
The idea is nice, but you need to step up your game, like, a lot.

>About the page itself
First, get some designer to help you. Really, you need it. If you want people to use it, it can't look like a geocities page from the 90s. Same for the emails. Please!
Second, you need to get a bit better at webpage development. Nowadays it's all SPAs, with server-side rendering too, and semantic URLs. Showing ".php" on the links smells like an old page. Loved the "verifyHash" too.

>About the service
The idea sounds good, but you need a better way of matching with people. No, those questions aren't enough even to start. "BDSM (I'm a sub)" is as far as you can pick. Really? I'm looking for a girl who wants to take erotic photos while riding me on fours: where are the tags to find her? Tags, man. Interests. Groups. Whatever you want to call them. Take a look at fetlife. Their web sucks, but they got this right. We need to be able to add interests, tons of uncommon interests. Those are the interesting things to find in a partner. Guys who love oral are plentiful, but guys who want to fuck in the middle of a city park under the rain? Give people the tools to find their interests.
Btw, postal code isn't such a nice way of placing people on a lot of countries. You really ought to use a map, at least for confirmation. And linear distance doesn't cut it either: I live next to a country border. I don't want to meet with people on the other side, because of language barriers. I can't specify that (or my language, for that matter).
Finally, when I'm done registering, I get nothing. "Wait for an email" is not enough. Give me something to watch. I want to see profiles and pester them, or at least look at nice pics. If the interaction stops, people will forget about the page, and when you send them a mail in a couple days, they won't remember shit and will flag it as spam. Keep them coming for more! Give them some bait, instead of sending them home.
>>
>>25669352
These are some pretty good comments. Personal addition is please change the font of all the icons.
>>
>>25668527
the cartoon naked people is kind of off-putting desu like i'm playing some disgusting MUD
>>
>>25669674
MUD?
>>
>>25669321
There are a shit tons of scam app there. I don't think a legit one will be bad.

Have you tried to post on Reddit too OP?

>in b4 Reddit

Oh fuck off this site is what the world needs and it has to get as much attention as possible.
>>
>>25670304
>I don't think a legit one will be bad.
The worst outcome is the 50 million chinese copycats that'll show up. Aside from the issue with the possibility of prostitution. Also, underestimating bots. I only hope that this whole thing works out fine despite all the ups and downs. It'd be cool if I could go out of town and find a girl that night.
>>
>>25669352
Thanks for the ideas! This is all really good. I'm not a very good web developer so this was pretty hard for me to put together but I will try to add some of this stuff. But it's a start I think, thank you!
>>
>>25669674
Yeah, I agree. I am not an artist at all so this is kind of the best I could do as a proof of concept. Do you think it would be better to have some kind of 3D render, or something else entirely? I was trying to avoid having varying quality of photos vs a generic "no picture" avatar thing and sort of level the playing field but I don't know what the best thing to do is.
>>
>>25669321
Grindr is on the app stores, I think? So i think it must be possible. But I was thinking of just having a persistent mobile site with notifications like what Facebook does or something, think that would work?
>>
>>25670536
Grindr is gay tinder with a built-in gaydar. The only reason why it's used for hookups is because it's used by a bunch of dudes with little to no standards. People use Tinder for hookups too, but it's harder because women are harder to coerce into random hookups. If this can really break out and people actually go for it, then awesome.
>>
>>25670536
Also yeah, just having the whole thing set up to ping you if you have it logged in on a mobile browser works too. Like, just have a link to a special mobile page that has features you'd want on a phone. Cuts out downloading an extra app.
>>
>>25668527
A site where you upload a picture of your face and your sexual desires, huh?

I'm onto you, SKYNET!
>>
>>25671681
O shit!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. We need this to happen in this damn modern age.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.