[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to reinvent my image as the start of changing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 3 piece suit.jpg (42KB, 285x596px) Image search: [Google]
3 piece suit.jpg
42KB, 285x596px
I'm trying to reinvent my image as the start of changing my life a bit, and I want some opinions.

Is wearing a suit as just every day wear too hipster/fedora? I've always worn second hand clothes, $3 jeans, $5 T-shirts with some kind of picture on the front, and $20 shoes.

I just want something that actually looks nice, instead of trashy.
>>
Girl here.

It probably is a bit much, especially if they arent really, really nice suits/if you just work at target or something.

There's a middle ground. Consider GOOD jeans/slacks that FIT WELL (this is crucial), sweaters/button-ups, that sort of thing.
>>
Wear slacks and a collared shirt. Tuck that bitch in too for bonus points.
>>
>>25620374
>>25620412
You think so? It's really hard to find slacks and shirts that actually fit my measurements, they're all too big on me or too tight around the hips/junk area. I just happened to find some suits on Amazon that match my measurements pretty well that had free return policies so it sounded like a good idea.

I could always just wear the slacks and shirt from it alone, and only wear the vest/jacket for special occasions? It would be the same thing as what you two are suggesting.
>>
>>25620419
Get em taylored. Also ive heard that there are ironing patches that can do the same thing as a taylor but for cheap. They sell em at cvs type stores i heard. Forgot what hey called but yeah a taylor will make any pair of pants long enough to fit you properly.
>>
>>25620474
I live in a shithole town, I tailor most of my own clothes. I've been sewing the same shirts and pants when they get torn for years.
>>
>>25620474
It's spelled tailor, my friend!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Do it, you will look amazing like this guy
>>
Honestly hard to give recs without seeing you but any cino style pants (that fit well) with an appropriate and well-fitting plain coloured t shirt is all the fashion anyone needs unless it's a special occasion
>>
If you wear a suit everyday, and you don't work in business where that's actually required or acceptable, you'll look ridiculous.

Do what >>25620374 said. Will look good and be far more comfortable and realistic as far as fashion choices go. Go for something more casual looking.
>>
>>25621432
Yeah but his suit's way too big on him and he looks like a baby so of course it looks bad on him.

>>25621449
I googled this shit, $60 for a single pair of pants? What the fuck?
>>
>>25620357
Where do you live and what do you do? If you're not working in some professional capacity, a suit is overkill. Jeans or slacks, a collared shirt, and a well-fitting sportcoat is generally going to be a good bet for 80% of all situations you might find yourself in though.
>>
>>25622434
That's not unusual my dude. You're saying you wanna wear suits all the time but freak out about $60 pants, good luck with life lmao
>>
>>25622862
How he hell's a pair of pants $60? A brand new pair of jeans that'll last through hard labor for at least a year is like $15-$20.
>>
>>25622882
Good quality wool is more expensive than denim. And you will pay more for style as well.
>>
File: b2522a03f61c209fb1febd61c7d056d1.jpg (106KB, 646x1377px) Image search: [Google]
b2522a03f61c209fb1febd61c7d056d1.jpg
106KB, 646x1377px
>>25620357
Personally consider dressing a suit without a purpose is really pretentious, I mean those business black and white suit, pic related is a bit fancier, more versatile, you can totally wear them to meet your friends

mix and match a bit, wear linen for spring and summer, got some color on, stripes/dots/floral printing wtever u like, or choose sth more casual items like polo, jeans, cardigan, loafers, expand and invest your closet a bit
>>
>>25623043
I was gonna go for gray or navy honestly, black suits are a bit much.

I just don't want to hit hipster or fedora tier, while looking like I give a shit.

I figure something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/CMDC-Business-Three-piece-D163-Grey-Regular/dp/B00M6NUKFY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504065662&sr=8-2&keywords=Three%2Bpiece%2Bsuit&th=1&psc=1

Except I'd only wear the vest/jacket on special occasions, but it would be nice to have. I took my measurements and apparently they have one in my exact size so it should look nice.

Fuck man, I don't know. It just seems like a good deal compared to $60 for one pair of pants and $30 for a plain t-shirt just because of brand names.
>>
>>25623072
Your best bet for a suit from amazon is going to be their private label Franklin Tailored. Get a suit that is 100% wool, or some wool/silk/linen blend (stay away from anything else). Those are all made in Italy or Canada and are great quality. If you find one you like you can keep an eye on the price and buy one for $50-$100 or so, and the quality is commensurate with a $700-$1200 suit at normal retail.

Make sure you take it to a tailor and get it tailored to fit you. If you have to drive a bit out of the way, it's worth it.

Your total expenses (suit + tailoring) should end up being less than $200 if you do it this way, and you'll end up with a great suit that looks great on you.

That said, a suit's versatility is still somewhat limited. You are still best off taking the approach described here: >>25622618
>>
>>25623072

You don't need expensive brand names. You just need stuff that looks nice and fits well.

Also, cheap suits look like shit. They'll fit you like shit too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.