[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /soc/, I need your help with a potential break-up. I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0415.jpg (22KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0415.jpg
22KB, 500x267px
Hey /soc/, I need your help with a potential break-up.

I'm in my first /serious/ relationship. We have been together for 2 years, and we live together. Everything is going pretty well, and every day I tell him that I love him.

Recently my heart started beating for someone else, and I realized that I was never in love with my boyfriend. I'm not going to be with this someone else, as that person is across the pacific ocean.

Due to the fact that I realized that pretty much only with my boyfriend because it's convenient, I think it might be time to end things. Though nothing bad happened in the relationship, I simply just realized that I fooled myself to think I had romantic feelings for my boyfriend.

Has anyone been in similar situations? What am I supposed to tell my boyfriend? And if I break up with him, what are we supposed to do, we live together.
>>
Tell him, you owe him that much at least. Explain it how you explained it here, he deserves honesty after 2 years of his life going in the shitter.

If he pays the rent, he gets the house.
>>
Be honest with him. It's going to suck anyway.

Make sure you're sure. If you're just doing this because some fellow said the magic word to get you moist. It'll pass and you'll be stuck having broke a guys heart for a fling.

Which would make you a piece of shit.

Don't diminish that someone makes you comfy either.

But if you're truly unhappy, then there's nothing for it. Just try not to be a dick about it.
>>
>>25585640
Relationships are not constant roses and love. Long term relationships require a shitton of work and after 2 years everyone passes the "in love" phase. It also seems to me that neither of you are lifting a single finger to actually make it work past this phase. The fact that you're now in this situation is your own fault and now you can either try to fix it which will be really hard but will definitely make you a stronger person even if you fail. Or you can run away and then you'll find yourself in exactly the same situation in 3 years.
>>
>>25585664
>you'll find yourself in exactly the same place

Yeah, this is the normal cycle.
>>
>>25585650
We both pay the same amount of rent. He wouldn't be able to pay full rent without me. So I feel like we would have to keep living together, but that's rather awkward maybe.

>>25585658
I'm also afraid that I would regret it. Basically what happened is that every time I talk to guy 2 I feel my heart physically beating faster. Last time that happened was 6 years ago, and I thought it was just due to teenage hormons and it would never happen again.

>>25585664
I will try to fix it, if there's something to fix. But I'm questioning if I ever really had romantic feelings for him, which I know is a bit late now. The thing is that we decided to become a couple while we were on Molly (my first and so far only time on Molly). And it all seemed very romantic, because we were high, and then I just went with it afterwards. And not untill now have I felt something for anyone else.
>>
>>25585679
That's all it takes. You try, and if you fail you'll be a bit stronger for next time. If you make it you'll find your relationship revitalized. Literally a win-win.
>>
>>25585679
The heart beating faster thing is teenage hormones. It will always be teenage hormones. And while it is something to consider, don't base important decisions on that alone. Especially considering it won't last.

Think about where you want to be in the future. Is where you are going to help that? Keep that in mind too.
>>
>>25585640
>Everything is going pretty well, and every day I tell him that I love him.

>Recently my heart started beating for someone else, and I realized that I was never in love with my boyfriend.

This is why we need to put all the cunts in burkas and beat them with sticks. Muslims had it right all along.
>>
>>25585688
The future might also be an issue. I think that I want to live in my homecountry when i settle, but he doesn't (we're both from diffirent countries and we live in a country that neither of us are from).

And maybe I don't see myself with him in the long run. You know how people describe their partner with the most romantic and sweetest words. If I were to describe mine, I honestly think: doesn't clean, doesn't eat any vegetables, drinks too much, smokes too much weed, talks too much, too clingy, misunderstands a lot, very sensitive, can't manage money. And we really don't have anything in common other than the passion for travelling and netflix. And I don't really think that it what you should be thinking about your life long partner. Then again, I knew all of that when we started dating, so it's not really a reason to break up.
>>
>>25585713
just let the man down easy. judging by this description of him, you'll regret ignoring these feelings later.
>>
>>25585713
Your future is what is important. If this guy isn't making you happy and you can't see a happy future with him then yeah.

Just try not to be a dick about it I guess.
>>
>>25585863
I'm never really a dick about stuff. Which might also be a reason why I'm asking strangers online for advice
>>
>>25585866
True, but you did come to 4chan for it. We're not generally the most balanced of folks.

I'm even tempted to ask you for kik.

Which as the bird people would call it. A dick move.
>>
>>25585891
I know that 4chan might not be the best place for advice. I actually haven't been here for almost 2 years. Despite that I didn't have any sexual intentions coming here, my boyfriend banned me from doing so, as he got upset and jealous. He also said that I couldn't talk to my internet friends or about our relationship with any of my friends. Though I really need to talk about this, and I think this is the "safest" place, being anonymous.
>>
Do you intend to have children at some point? If so it would be better to do so with somebody you want to have kids with before it's too late. If you're still in your early 20s it's not so urgent, mind you.
>>
>>25585964
I don't really know if I want children or not. I'm 21, so no stress for me, though my boyfriend is 26. He said that he doesn't know if he want choldren either, but if he does he wants to be at least 30, but I guess if it's not going to be the two of us, I should let him find someone else before it's too late.
>>
>>25585664
This.

It's literally all chemical and then commitment. If you dodge once you're done getting high on the chemical aspect, you're just an asshole who wastes everyones time for your own gain.
>>
>>25586688
To be completely honest, I've pulled him up and he has dragged me down
>>
>>25585703
absolutely agree! sharia law NOW
>>
>>25585914
Makes sense.

Sounds like you both need some emotional maturity you aren't getting while together though.

Which isn't to say you can't... Just that you both have to work on yourselves and not drag each other down
>>
>>25585679
Wow you are a bitch!!!

>>25586000
Move back home with your parents if they will have you, and finish growing up.
>>
>>25589596
I also hate me.
>>
>>25585640
Just be like my ex and stay with the money, whichever man that happens to be, then sleep around behind his back. It adds spice to your life!
>>
>>25586000
Most men aren't sorted til 30, hence they tend to go for younger women. I'd worry more about yourself finding someone before its too late. No half-decent bloke is going to settle for a 25+yo roastie unless he's 40+.
>>
>>25585640
You sound like a complete cunt desu.

Your parents cheated on each other didn't they...?
>>
>>25585703
Outside of the /pol/ shit, yeah you have a point. "I was never in love with him in the first place and I just realized this" how the fuck does that even work
>>
>>25585640
Whore, chasing another man while in a relationship.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.