[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tea/ It's tea time. Whats going on in your lives? What

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160722_182554.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160722_182554.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
/tea/

It's tea time. Whats going on in your lives? What do you need to talk or vent about? Anything good? Anything bad? Lay it out here.
>>
I only lay turds
>>
>>25572043
Are you struggling with this fact?
>>
I'm looking a job but most of my skillset is in sales & customer service so there's a lot of competition for work.
>>
Well, I'm tired. I've been caring for a terminally ill loved one for the last month or so. We are getting closer to the end and although he's thinner, he's becoming like a dead weight due to tiredness and sedation. Unexplainable pains suggest potentially a mini stroke (TIA) or bone cancer, cries when I move him but I have to move him to bed wash him and prevent pressure ulcers.

I don't know how much longer we can go on like this. I don't know how much longer he has or what condition he will be in. The idea of this happening six months ago would have been horrifying to me but now it's normal. I spend every waking minute here and sleep in intervals within earshot to tend to needs.

I wouldn't have it any other way, it's a terrible yet incredibly rewarding experience. But I'm so tired.
>>
Doesn't sound too rewarding. Surely a hospice would be much better rather than you taking the brunt of it all.
>>
>>25572238
You're an amazing person with a good heart. Sadly way too rare in this world
>>
>>25572231
What kind of job exactly are you looking for? Those are pretty vague, whats your work experience?

>>25572238
This sounds rough, have you thought about what you'll do when its over? What are your long term plans? Do you feel this is having a negative effect on your emotionally?
>>
>>25572252
I can see why you'd think that but first of all there are no hospice beds available. Secondly having to travel to a hospice out of town would be distressing for some family members. So it's not an option that's as easy to arrange as you'd think.

The most significant reason I do this is that staying at home is what he wants. Of course he'd be willing to go elsewhere if I couldn't give him the care he needs at home but I want to avoid that. There are nurses who come here every morning and four times a week someone visits from the hospice to watch him through th night. Doctors come and review him once a week, we have a district nurse case manager and a hospice nurse. I've been trained to do what I need to do, so he's not receiving care much different from what he would in a hospice.

End of life care isn't what people think, every day and hour varies. There are awful times when you wonder if you can go on, you feel weak and overwhelmed. Then there are little moments that are a delight, they're almost like they once were.

I've developed a bond with him that's stronger than what I could have imagined before. I'm honoured and proud that he trusts me with his care. Which is why this is not only rewarding but a life achievement. I know after this is over I'll be glad for the sacrifices I've made.

>>25572257
Thank you. I know it's uncommon these days but I think it's a nice quite traditional thing to do if you're able to.

>>25572291
When I first received the news six months ago I was working in a job I hated and it made me more seriously depressed than I've known before. I left work to do this and it has been great for me. I'm no longer focusing on the loss but what I can do in the time we have.

When he was in better shape a month or so ago I applied for Uni to enrol in September and I've gotten in. I'd wanted to do it for a while but didn't feel confident enough. My grandad has been really encouraging about it as well, which is nice.
>>
Also

Earl grey>anything else

Ceylon is also very acceptable
>>
>>25572338
I know this might sound stupid but have you considered trying THC? It's not a cure by any means I don't think but studies have shown that it can actually kill off cancer cells.. also it gives back appetite and people show happiness again. It's just a suggestion really, either way I appreciate what you're doing.
In the good like in the bad days.
>>
>>25572291
Call center, door to door sales, hotel reservations that sort of thing.
>>
>>25572238
You're experiencing caregivers burnout and you need a break. Depending on where in the world you are there may be a homecare service available and if you can, take advantage of it and take a bit of time to relax
>>
My parents are in a tough spot right now because of the constant arguing between my father and my sister, I live abroad so I just learned this recently when they came to visit. Apparently my mom tried to shelter me from all the shit that's been going on. The worst thing is they argue about every little petty thing just for the sake of arguing and they don't realize my mom can't handle the stress anymore. She ran away last evening while I was out and when I found her I stayed with her for a couple of hours just listening and telling her it's gonna be okay.

I don't know how to handle this, never before have I had such a problem on my hands.

Just had to rant a bit, no idea who else I can talk to.

On the flip side I lost my virginity to a girl i love last month so it's not all that bad.
>>
>>25572370
See>>25572322
Me and my mum have a little help at night times 3-4 times a week. But it can and has been cancelled one night this week.

So basically we take it in turns to have four hour naps when we can throughout the day and night. This week is the hardest because schedule looks like this;
Monday: us during day carer at night
Tuesday - Friday evening : just us

Then during the weekend and Friday night other people will help so we will rest. My aunt who used to be a hospice carer will be back from London which will ease the pressure.

We definitely need to rest up a lot after this marathon is over.

>>25572353
I have considered it but I'm broke af and barely get the time to do the shopping and cleaning let alone ordering stuff.

To be honest he's on an ever increasing dosage of morphine and could realistically go at any time, so there probably wouldn't be much point. Plus, he has antisickness intravenously because the primary cancer is in his stomach so the benefit of the THC really is already covered.
>>
>>25572388
Sorry your family is going through a hard time. I think you are going everything you can by supporting your Mum. You can't control your sister and dads behaviour but I'm guessing it will change if it it's not a regular pattern with them because eventually something will have to give.

Congrats on the v card.
>>
I'm semi-deressed because I was drugged as a child in the over diagnosis epidemic of the 1990s. I studied Theater Arts in College. But, I still get lots of pussy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.