[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asking a girl who loves celestial bodies on a first date to go

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (76KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 800x534px
Asking a girl who loves celestial bodies on a first date to go see the perseid meteorshower with me tonight. 30 minute drive out to hilltop to get away from light pollution and have absolute quiet.

Good idea? Or setting myself up for failure with the cheesiest date in a lifetime? Or worse still something that sounds great on paper but is going to end up with us both being cold and miserable while we squint eyes trying to spot a streak of light.
>>
You're doing great, but you need to be prepared. Don't just go out there with her without anything, bring a backpack full of just-in-case stuff
>umbrella
>blanket or two
>snacks
>bug spray

The point is to be prepared especially if you're the one who asked her out. It's a great idea though. Good luck lad
>>
>>25558297
This a great idea! Good luck! :)
>>
File: b92.png (198KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
b92.png
198KB, 557x605px
>>25558297
>a girl who loves celestial bodies
her honesty is key here. if she has genuine interest in astronomy your idea sounds like a surefire hit. if she's the "I liek duh starz" type she'll be bored fast.
>30 minute drive out
have your conversation tongue, finger snacks and chill music on deck when/if needed
>Or worse still something that sounds great on paper but is going to end up with us both being cold and miserable while we squint eyes trying to spot a streak of light.
blankets and binoculars aren't things, huh? get out of your head, get out of your own way, call in a favor to the sky gods for no clouds and enjoy your date anon. good luck.
>>
>>25558314
Ya, I thought of all the necessities. Blankets galore (no tent as that would sort of defeat the purpose of seeing a meteorshower), wine, food, thermos filled with scalding hot tea, umbrella and a flashlight in case the nightsky won't cut it.

It is just that my mind is my worst enemy and things that sounded good at first start sounding like terrible ideas after they have been parsed through my brain 200 times and I have come up with the gazillion different ways things could go wrong so I need an outsiders opinion at times.
>>
>>25558297
bruh that sounds legit, if she's into the star gazing too then she'll be super excited and you'd probably be able to slip it in
>>
When I was in college, I had a friend do something similar and it worked out splendidly for him.

Tips: in addition to bringing all the stuff you mentioned, bring an extra jacket to give her if she gets cold; have a backup plan if the weather is against you (i.e. a restaurant or some activity), and be prepared to talk about whatever
>>
>>25558322
No idea how honest she is about her interest in astronomy. I figured that if she is going to be bored by both the stars and my company then it wasn't meant to be anyway.
>>
>>25558358
The "backup" is what has me stumped most.
If it is extremely overcast or even raining by the time we arrive it will be a case of trying to laught it off as I turn around and drive her back home, since there is absolutely fucking nothing to do past 22:00 where we love, let alone past midnight which is when we'll be going.
>>
Welp for those interested I just got btfo rejected into the friendzone. Would have perfected a regular "no" to what I got desu.
>>
>>25558297
Bring blanket, chairs and laptop with movie just in case.
>>
>>25558549
I would, if it weren't for the sudden and mysterious materialization of a girlfriend she is seeing tonight of all nights.
>>
>>25558438
Hmm ask her to go as a friend then, and invite her gf along too.
>>
>>25558884
Ya, I highly doubt there is an actual girlfriend she met up with. It was just her being nice coming up with an excuse rather than saying "I don't fancy spending the night outdoors with you". It is either that or her dad (who has more control over her than he should considering her age) decided to get in the way and she didn't want to admit to that.
Eitherway doesn't matter, the night didn't happen, better luck next time.
>>
>>25559405
Well could be she was afraid of getting raped. Inviting her gf along would show you didn't have evil intentions.
>>
>>25559781
I don't think she would have bothered flirting with me for two weeks if I was giving of a "rapey vibe".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.