[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moved in Portugal, in a small city, completely unable to socialize

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: adf.jpg (60KB, 720x609px) Image search: [Google]
adf.jpg
60KB, 720x609px
Moved in Portugal, in a small city, completely unable to socialize with anyone because language barrier, cultural barrier, old people and normies.

Is there no good website to find people in this country who are not normies, creeps or want to get in your pants?

OKC is the only sort of decent thing I found and there's no one even though I live next to one of the biggest cities here.

I've been in that country for over 3 years now and I still can't speak the language properly because the only people I talk to (in Portugal) are my parents and they don't talk in Portuguese.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>25523909
Is there no good website to find people in this country who are not normies, creeps or want to get in your pants?
OKC is the only sort of decent thing I found and there's no one even though I live next to one of the biggest cities here.

If you're in Europe. No. This does not exist.
Welcome to Europe. You made a terrible mistake. Take the first flight back to the US or wherever you're from.
>>
>>25523988
I was born in Europe.
OKC in EU doesn't feel that bad in some countries, it's just that Portugal isn't one of these.
>>
agreed that okc is probably the only decent thing to meet normal people, tinder and others blow

and I don't live in portugal but I do in spain and the best places to meet non-local speaking people are pubs or bars, the more indie the better. think of irish pubs or things like that
>>
Well depends where you are. Lisbon and Porto are really fine and if you ask me the rest is shit. I moved away from Portugal all together. But I recommend playing sports and taking a surfing class if near the coast, there you can meet more open international people. But really, learn the fucking language and it will be easier. OK to say where exactly you are? And try the app badoo
>>
But really, a little effort and openness from you will be required!
>>
>>25523909
dude you've been there for three years and you still can't have meaningful conversations in the language? christ
>>
>>25524020
I'm close to Porto. As I said, I'm not looking for normies so I kind of doubt joining a sports club would work. It's not about openness or effort really, it's just that any conversation with people I don't have anything in common with end up really bland, awkward and goes nowhere, especially with the language barrier.

>learn the fucking language and it will be easier
Can't master a language if you never speak it. It's harder to get friends because of it but it's harder to learn it without friends.

>>25524036
I can, it's just slow, I end up looking for words a lot and there's misunderstandings.
The fact absolutely no one around me speaks Portuguese is the reason.
Also I left for over a year and lost a lot of what I learnt because I thought I wouldn't come back.
>>
>>25524056
Hm how about a drawing class. Try meet up.com too. And sorry, but you sound kinda immature. How old are you? International school or sth? You should work on your attitude
>>
>>25524130
Not into drawing but there might be stuff I'm into in there so I'll take a look, thanks for the link.
Getting told to work on my attitude on /soc/ of all places is kind of ironic.
I do need to be more confident though, or I'll probably fuck things up if I actually meet someone I could befriend. Not sure what you mean when you say "your attitude".
>>
>>25523909
leave then you illegal immigrant you
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.