[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay thread. How many /soc/ girls cosplay? If so, what do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Cosplay thread.

How many /soc/ girls cosplay?

If so, what do you cosplay as?

Are the memes about cosplayers being slutty true?
>>
some
random shit
no, it's crossover from twitch coswhores and articles on buzzfeed selecting pictures of 'hot' girls.
>>
I do
Star Wars and western stuff, sometimes anime/games but not often as of late
Cosplayers as just as slutty as everyone else
>>
>>25412971
I do. Haven't done anything new lately because I've been broke.

Ive done: Ciri from Witcher, Nana from Elfen Lied, Misaki Mei from Another, marill, Daenerys from got

>Are memes about cosplayers being slutty true?

Not generally... I'm sure some are though
>>
>>25413037
Can i see the Ciri?
>>
File: IMG_20170412_170518_442.jpg (620KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_170518_442.jpg
620KB, 2048x2048px
>>25413059
I don't have too many good pics of it but sure. I have since retired this cosplay sadly
>>
Not a cosplay girl, but it's mainly famous cosplay girls that do the slutty shit. Only famous cuz they post pics in sexy underwear talking about how nerdy they are. And that's a small part of it, but it's the most well known for the obvious reasons.
>>
>>25412971
isn't cosplaying too expensive?
>>
>>25413219
>Those tits

tfw no cosplay gf.
>>
>>25413219
Damn thats really good.
>>
File: IMG_20170129_130623_686.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170129_130623_686.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>25413279
Thats how most female cosplayers get famous tb h sadly.
>>25413287
Hah >_>
>>25413292
My wig ended up sucking unfortunately but thanks:)
>>
>>25413448
What con was this and how many do you go to?

Rare to meet girls who don't exclusively cosplay weebshit these days. Maybe that accounts for the fact you're (seemingly) not as crazy as they are.
>>
My ID is changing because I am mobile

>>25413453
That particular one was Pax. I do some weeb stuff but I'm more into gaming i think
>>
>>25413469
>That particular one was Pax. I do some weeb stuff but I'm more into gaming i think

On the non-cosplay boards our experience with cosplayers is basically lurid stories of them hooking up with randoms at cons, basically behaving like whores. How true is this? One anon said there are a lot of crazy girls involved in the hobby.

And same, I don't watch much (any) anime anymore to be honest. Will still play the odd game though.
>>
>>25413477
From my experience most cosplayers are normal people who just enjoy making costumes and props and go to cons. I'm sure they are just as slutty as any other group.

I will say at Anime Matsuri there apparently was a Naruto orgy which I definitely avoided kek
>>
>>25413574
Fair enough.

>Naruto orgy

I always thought those were just urban legends.

How old are you now and how long do you intend to keep cosplaying for?
>>
>>25413589
24. Probably as long as I can tb h. Probably not as much when I decide to start having a family, though it might be fun to have my kids cosplay too haha. But also I'm starting to get into photography as well so we will see what happens in a few years
>>
>>25413606
Are you married then?

On an unrelated note, what did you think of the Witcher 3? I haven't enjoyed a game as much since I played it.
>>
>>25413620
Nope but i am in a serious relationship. And I'd say Witcher 3 is definitely my favorite game of all time at this point. Though i do like skyrim/elder scrolls series.
>>
>>25413627
Yeah, same on TES, I actually don't find the Fallout series particularly interesting by contrast. Too depressing.

And congrats anon. You're the first well-adjusted cosplayer I've spoken to.
>>
>>25413635
You must know some weird people then haha. But thanks
>>
>If so, what do you cosplay as?
I cosplay a bunch of things, all from Bebop, TTGL, Lupin, Michiko&Hatchin, KoF, Street Fighter, GitS, and Jessica Jones.

I have a huge list of future goals which is about 50/50 anime and games from the late 90s-mid 2000s era but I doubt I'll even get 1/3 of them done before I'm 40.

Are the memes about cosplayers being slutty true?
Not really. It's a rumour brought on by how outsiders of the hobby often have more social media exposure to the girls who sell themselves on erotically-slanted modeling, than the con-side aspect of meet-ups and competitions.

>>25413281
Depends what you're cosplaying. You can keep each costume under 200 if you're going for something not very elaborate, and half of that is just in a quality wig and footwear. It's those big armoured or heavily tailored cosplays that can be in the 200-500 range. Once you stop wearing it you can make a bit of that money back, though, if you want to sell it in a resale group. If you git gud with tailoring, wig styling, armourcrafting, or whatever you can also try and start up a commissioning business.

Some people also make their cosplay money through selling prints of your photos, but that's pretty much only successful if you're one of those amateur boudoir models, lol.

>>25413574
Con orgy stories have become something of a meme rumour. I just disregard them. Not my business anyway lmao.
>>
File: New Sigma5.jpg (583KB, 1781x2048px) Image search: [Google]
New Sigma5.jpg
583KB, 1781x2048px
>>25413281
Not if you keep it simple, all of mine are basic as fuck. A shirt and fabric paint go a long way
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1242x1550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1242x1550px
I do some light cosplaying! I'm not talented enough to put together something really complex. I'm the Nelliel on top.
>>
I'm trying to get into cosplay!
Would like to do several versions of Harley Quinn(basic I know :P) then maybe do a Zelda, zero suit Samus, then whatever else I can think of/fund
Not all cosplayers are slutty but I'm sure there are some
>>
>>25415627
I am so tired of seeing people cosplay Harley. Honestly I'd probably start with Samus or Zelda, give Harley a few years to die off from the huge upswing of Harleys we saw because of Suicide Squad. By contrast, there aren't very many Zero Suit Samus cosplayers anymore, it'd probably be very popular if you did it at a con these days.
>>
>>25412971
I'd really like to try cosplay but I have no idea who I'd try. All my faves are pretty curvy/busty and I have the physique of a prepubescent boy.
>>
>>25416427
>I have the physique of a prepubescent boy.
Is that because you are a prepubescent boy?
>>
>>25416429
nah, bio female. just naturally pretty skinny with small boobs.
>>
>>25416432
>bio female
Very hard to come by in soc nowadays
>>
>>25416513
So is your mom.

>>25416427
How about cosplaying a prepubescent girl?
>>
>>25416427
look at hux from shg. She has literally negative size cheslets but her tacobell booty does kinda make up for it.

Even so, fat titty characters portrayed with smol titties could be hot.
>>
>>25415547
Pls be my waifu
>>
>>25416933
Too late, she's already claimed.
>>
>>25416981
Yeah, I already got her
>>
>>25416984
Nice try weeb, but I already claimed her. Do you even lift?
>>
>>25416999
I usually uber
>>
>>25415547
You're cutie patootie
That friend of yours is letting it all hang out in that picture. I can almost make out her cervix for christs sake
>>
>>25417010
Damn it.

Well at least I don't vape.
>>
>>25416421
>Start with Samus or Zelda
Eh, not a good idea. Someone who has no experience with craftsmanship is just going to waste a lot of time and money trying to put together either of those as their first cosplay, lol. Cosplay is an art of trial and error and even if someone is able to follow a lot of tutorials, it takes some hands-on experience to get to even a moderate degree of skill with it.

Personally while I dislike FotM cosplays too, Anon should cosplay whatever she wants, and work her way up to full armour suits and ornate dresses.

>>25416427
Unless their bustyness is a part of their character (like Sonico or characters whose chest is constantly referred to in the source material) you should go for it. There were plenty of Yoko's that weren't DDD cups with a w/h ratio of like .5. There's no shortage of tricks to "fake" your chest size, too.

>>25417070
Lol what puritan land do you come from where that's "letting it all hang out"?
>>
REMINDER: if you are fat please do everyone a favor and do not cosplay skimpy outfits, cosplay for your body type since there are plenty of fat characters.
>>
File: _MG_0111.jpg (1MB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_0111.jpg
1MB, 1067x1600px
>>25412971
Yo wassup y'all
Character is Cybil Bennett from Silent Hill the movie btw
>>
>>25413281
Depends, most of my cosplays are around $300-500, but my next one will be about $1k or so once finished easily
>>
>>25418182
Imma from a small town in Pennsylvania
We don got na electrizity
I come on here wen I go to ma frends house
Immas pure as a babes asswhol
>>
>>25416421
>>25418182
Balls I forgot I did a female Ezio back in high school!
I have plenty experience with painting, sewing, and prop and armor construction, but I've only gone to one smaller con. I feel like Harley not only has a fun personality to portray with a lot of props, but her costume doesn't look delicate so I won't be worried about it breaking! The Ezio was a lot of fun but the shoulder cape gave me way too much shit and broke at the con lol X_X the Samus costume I'd worry about ripping if I did any extra heroic poses in, and I would think movement would be pretty restricted in a Zelda costume as well :/ Also Harley is without a doubt the cheapest cosplay out of the three and I do not have much disposable income at all. Trust me though I know how over done Harley is and I feel like I'm hoping on a train but I'm a huge fan of her character so I don't mind.
>>25416427
Cosplay as whoever you want! Its cosPLAY because it's supposed to be fun! Don't worry about whether you look like them or not, just make what looks appealing to you! <3
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.