[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for those born in 1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z).

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1496009909549.jpg (196KB, 1431x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496009909549.jpg
196KB, 1431x1080px
Question for those born in 1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z).

Do you associate your childhood more closely with Millennial things like Blockbuster, Jimmy neutron, Yu gi oh, PS1, PS2, N64, Drake and Josh, Pokemon Gens 1-3, Gorillaz, Discman, Malcolm in the middle, Cyberchase, Tamagotchi, Osmosis Jones, original Ben 10(came out in 2005 so it barely slips in), Kim Possible, and having crushes on Avril lavigne, Britney spears, Jenny wakeman, and the Dark magician girl?

Or Gen Z things like streaming movies on Netflix, CN Real, Hannah Montana, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Bakugan, The Dark knight, Pokemon Gens 4-6, Justin Bieber, Twilight, Chowder, Marvelous misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, Silly bandz, and having crushes on Justin bieber, Harry styles, and "qt thick traps" - NOT girls, because Vice told you it was "hip" and "cool" to be homosexual?
>>
>>25296177
born in 97' im familiar with the gen Z stuff but never got into any of it stuck to the oldschool mostly. only thing is the PS3 but i still had a huge PS2 and PS1 cillection played the shit outta both of them
>>
1996. But deffinately millennial by a long shot, although I would not include Ben 10.
>>
File: 1490395821138.png (892KB, 993x638px) Image search: [Google]
1490395821138.png
892KB, 993x638px
>>25296616
Ben 10 came out in 2005 and was most popular in summer 2006. Summer 2006, aka mid 2006, was RIGHT before late 2006 where everything changed like social media getting big, Malcolm in the Middle ended, Pluto stopped being a planet, WB changed into CW, movies started looking more HD and advanced, etc. So I think it can be included, though barely.
>>
>>25296177
I associate with killing myself if that's what you're asking.
>>
Millenial things. Honestly. Born august 97'. Everything except for cyberchase in that i associated with my childhood. The only things that i feel are more of my childhood are original CN shows like scooby doo and ed edd n eddy
>>
1995 here, maybe a bit too early? But I associate much more with the first list of stuff. Interesting question though
>>
>>25296177
Defiantly more millennial things. It's what I grew up on
>>
I was born in the beginning of 98 but I still associate childhood with Blockbuster. I remember always going to my local blockbuster and renting movies. Also my first video games were on the Gameboy advanced sp with Pokemon Emerald. I loved Cyberchase! I remember growing up on spongebob. Overall I feel there is a bit of a mish between the two but more of a Millennial. I played Backyard soccer, baseball, and football, and puttputt on my computer running on windows 98s and then windows 2000.
>>
>>25299653
Similar experience for me
>>
Thinly veiled marketer pls go
>>
Millennial things
>>
>>25296177
Being a Millennial is "cool", so everyone will say the former. Jesus christ, it's like we never moved from 2010.
>>
>>25296177
>Are you Millennial
Like girls
>Are you Gen Z
A massive homo

Bit of a loaded question there dude. Can't tell if troll or genuine ageist dick.
>>
I was born in 98, and millenial things...
YU GI OH IS MY NIBBA
>>
A mixture of both.
>>
>>25296177
Born in 97 I associate with most of the stuff in the first group and only a couple things in the second group
>>
'98 but I associate with millennial more so- although some of the other things are considered my childhood I guess
>>
>>25302374
This
>>
Born in '97, I associated with a lot of 90's shows as well as a lot of what you just mentioned.
>>
>>25296177
97. Mostly falling on the Millenial things half. I road my bike to blockbuster, and watched all those shows (except Malcom in the Middle). Saphire was my first pokemon game, but I went back and played Red/Blue later.

I would even lump netflix in as a part of my childhood, but as the mail order dvd service, not the instant streaming service
>>
>>25302359
Can't tell if troll or genuine ageist dick.

Why not both? Trolls are always dicks.
>>
Why do people assume 97-98 as the millennial cutoff anyway? I'd say 2000 would make the most sense considering it's the mark of the new millennium (duh) and there's still a noticeable difference between us late 90s fags and early 00s fags when it comes to what sorts of media we viewed and what tech we used to view/immerse ourselves in said media. I have friends born in 00-01 who never really messed with VHS tapes while I replayed mine so many time I got frustrated whenever they weren't rewound the next time I played them.

>t. born Oct. 97'
>>
>>25296177
Born February 1998, definitely millennial
>>
1994, here. I feel like people born in '97 would probably associate more with the millennial half given that as a kid you aren't really sentient fully the first 3-4 years of your life. Also, 1997 is literally towards the end of the 90's anyway.
>>
'96 here. It's really weird being in that transition. We played outside a lot as kids, but also had video games and such.

We also get lumped in with millennials and it's really annoying. "You've only sat inside your whole life!" I may do that now, but my parents would have to find me and my friends in the dark at night as kids because we loved playing outside.
>>
>>25304932
I see most people going with a ~1995-1997 cutoff nowadays, because of 9/11 and conscious human memories beginning to develop around age ~4-6. People who don't remember 9/11 fit more cleanly with Gen z than millennials.
>>
Bump
u
m
p
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.