[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's wrong with me? This may be more of an /adv/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 20170318_061844.jpg (625KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_061844.jpg
625KB, 1920x1080px
So what's wrong with me? This may be more of an /adv/ thread but I figure I'd start here since my appearance factors into it. I'm looking for honest critique of my personality. People you actually know tend to sugar coat so, anonymous strangers on the internet I think are the best for open critique.

So pic related is me.
Now far as my appearance goes I know I'm not a good looking person. I'm a 5/10 on a good day. Got a lot of acne scars and still get a few zits on occassion. I'm told I look much older than I actually am. I'm 28 but people usually guess my age to be about 40 to 50. I'm about 6'0" 240lbs and out of shape. Even 6 years and 100 pounds ago I was still a bellow average looker, I think. So clearly I can't rely on my looks to attract women. I need to rely on my great personality. Well, that's part of the problem...
>>
>>25237882
1) Trim that beard or get rid of it entirely.

2) shorten the hair, the combo with the beard makes you look semi-homeless

3) get beefy, hit the gym, do the lowest squatz, eat nothing but oatz
>>
>>25237882
Sorry for the side ways pic. Thought I fixed it.

Here I am around 2011. Not much better like I said.

Anyway, I can't seem to catch women's interest. I've always been low key, very laid back in my day to day life. When I'm a little drunk, in a group having a good time, or I'm just in a really good mood I get a little bombastic and loud. I usually feel like a fool afterwards though.

I don't get out much and I work a 16 hour a day job with a 15 day work week. I don't have a social life anymore because of that and I didn't have much of one before. So obviously my main interactions with people are through the Internet and it's where I try to meet women. I had a PoF account but after getting snubbed too many times there I setup a match account. I did get 1 hit from a girl in the next stage over and we chatted and got on well enough for a couple months. Even gave me her Facebook after she deleted her Match account. Then the other day we were talking on messenger and I mentioned I liked infants and toddlers a lot. She responds I'm not a big fan of kids and blocked me. Then took me off her friends list yesterday. Like I asked to fuck a baby in her.

Anyway, that one instance aside women generally don't respond to me on dating sites and if they do its curt answers. Trying to get conversation out of them is like pulling teeth.
So next I'll post my dating profile, and try to give an example of my conversation opening.
>>
>>25237890
1. I trimmed it a bit the other day but getting rid of it makes me look like a pedo due to my lack of chin.

2. I'm not against that, I've just been keeping it long because I'm going to go bald in my 30s and wanted to enjoy it.

3. No. Tried it for 3 months, hated every minute of it. No results. After I had three straight days of max weight I could dead lift dropping by 5 pounds a day I said fuck it. I don't want to be fit. I'm happier fat.
>>
>>25237971

>Working out is too hard I don't get results fast enough

This is why you can't get girls Anon, you're a quiter on top of looking homeless.

Trim the beard
Go to fashion boards/subreddits
Work out

Those are kind of your only options
>>
>>25237943

Me with short hair.

So here's my match bio:

"I'm a bit of a dork and spend my spare time playing video games, reading comics and novels but, I do like the outdoors socially, like fishing with my parents or nephews with weather and time permitting. (And yes, though I don't look it I am only 27. I didn't age well.)

I currently work full(over) time as an Electronics Technician in the gas industry.

My biggest dream is to fully own a nice house, and be financially stable for my family. It seems pretty vanilla and boring but I and my parents and grandparents grew up, and have lived most of our lives, poor. So, it seemed like a pipe dream for a long time.

I have really varied taste in music, movies, games and just about everything. I try not to stick to genres. I hold the same amount of love for Pink Floyd as I do Weird AL Yancovic. For John Carpenter's The Thing as I do Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. For Final Fantasy as I do Halo. Variety is the spice of life and all that."

I forgot I deleted all my dead end convos. Usually, since I know "Hey, how's it going" doesn't catch people's interest online I follow the rule of asking about something specific about their interests.

In example there were a couple girls who professed their love for Harry Potter in the PoF profiles so I asked what house would they think they would be sorted into? To me this is a good nerd based question because it presents them an open ended opportunity to talk about themselves and in relation to a fictional world that we have some mutual like for. One deleted the message, another never answered and another answered but never responded to any other message.

Once, there was a girl who had apic of her in a cosplay dress of Belle from Beauty and The Beast she made herself. I messaged her "That Belle dress is really well made. Looks good. What conventions have you gone too in it?" Message unread, deleted.
>>
>>25237882
You look like a homeless chris chan
>>
>>25237988
>I don't get results fast enough

If a man gets no results for 90 days, even after changing his diet and regimen, he's entitled to some frustration.

My position stands, I tried and failed. Continuing to fail to make myself slightly more presentable to strangers won't make me happy. If I see a doctor about my issue and find a way to fix my lack of results and get /fit/ I'll still be ugly. and I'll have wasted all my free time, a very limited resource, doing something I hate for people who don't care.

I have a similar reason for losing my religion.
>>
>>25238025
Yes, I noticed I looked a bit like Chris-chan when I first discovered him back 2009. That was a sad day.
>>
>>25238006
So that's the general trend. As a couple anons here already pointed out, I'm fat and ugly. Worse looking guys than me (poorer too) have been with decent women and it's because they have a personality that makes up for it.

Am I just too boring to be noticed?
>>
Is your name Brian?
>>
>>25238106
No. Not even close.
>>
Workout and eat better

Get therapy

Look into self help guides and change your life
>>
>>25238131
Oh, you look like this guy who used to be at my job.

Anyway, trim your beard and get a haircut that works well with it and shapes your face. Working out can come later, you want your facial aesthetics to be on point.
>>
cut your hair like george clooney. google george clooney. bring in picture number 13 of him to your barber. trim your beard to a 2. run a mile a day. it'll at least get your spirits up. learn a new language by using duolingo. set it up so you do an hour a day for a month. eat broccoli and chicken. drink water. schedule out your days ahead of time. make lists. and then stop caring about what other people think. the smartest people often are hideous. decide who you want to be unashamedly
>>
>>25238072
>Am I just too boring to be noticed?
Aka.
>Personality sucks

I've been taking a supplement called St. John's Wort. It makes me bubbly and happy, plus it gives me a bit of energy. If suggest you try it for a while and true note of how you feel.

On top of that, start going to places (bars, burger places, etc) regularly so they your slowly get to know the people (chicks) there and be a good customer (don't complain about shit) and eventually ask a chick out from there. Alternatively, go live in another country where your accent will get bitches, maybe Bali.

Watch the movie Teddy Bear.
>>
>>25239065
I already take anti-depressants and they work just fine for me. St. Johns Wort reacts badly with then anyway.

Regular patronage is hard when you're ony home 6 days a month, along with the hours I mentioned before.

Whats Teddy Bear about?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.