[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a social advice thread. How do I find people into star

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1492572774749.jpg (41KB, 648x972px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492572774749.jpg
41KB, 648x972px
This is a social advice thread. How do I find people into star wars or other fandom that aren't your average convention autistic wackos?
>>
Well you just found one.

Go on forums or wear merchandise in public.
>>
>>25178184
Damnit cause that is me :/
>>
>>25178173
Back when stores still existed, the comic store was a great place to meet the full range of weirdos and connect with the folks at your level. Now idk
>>
You can go to lightsaber gathering. It's called Ludosport or something. I have a friend that practices it and the training is actually pretty rigorous.
>>
>>25178173
That looks really good. Awesome
>>
>>25178173
If this is you you are super hot, coming from a fellow SW fan (who also used to do SW cosplay)
>>
>>25181020
Thanks! :o
>>
File: IMG_7886.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7886.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Facebook - The Jedi Assembly, and while they get their shit together following the founder going full Tom Cruise: Rogue Alliance.

Weed through a bit, but there are mostly good, relatively normal people who enjoy meeting for events, grabbing drinks over nerdy convo, and every so often spending insane amounts of money on stage combat classes or custom designed battle sabers.

Cheers, dude.
>>
>>25178173
Every fandom has crazies and wackos in it
it's literally in the name
Fan is derived from the word Fanatic
Fanatic - a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal
-dom is derived from domain
domain - A specified sphere of activity or knowledge.
A fandom is literally a Domain of Fanatics

and with any group of fanatics
you have different levels of conversion
Devotee, Adherent, Partisan, Sectarian, Diehard,
Dogmatist, Zealot, Radical, Militant, Extremist.

you yourself are of the Devotee, Adherent, or Partisan
variety of Fanatic, as are the average Convention attendees
the crazies and wackos are actually the minority in a fandom
but because they are Sectarians, Diehards, Dogmatists, or Zealots,
they gather more attention, so you falsely assume them to be the majority.
and rarely do you see a Radical, Militant, or Extremist in public
because they're usually so deep into the fandom
they start to think the fiction is reality, and go insane.

of course there is a clear line between the Partisan cosplayers,
and Sectarian role players, when compared to those that think fiction is reality.
Partisans and sectarians are acting and will drop character
when interacting with devotees, adherents, tourists and the public.
such as when they pose for photos, or when taking lunch.
or when they leave the Quidditch pitch, or re-enactment.

but honestly the majority of fandoms focused on fiction have very few
Dogmatists, Zealots, Radicals, Militants, or Extremists
mainly because, One fandoms don't have any dogmas or doctrines.
And Two, most fans can separate Reality from Fiction
but there are a few small circles that have tried to
recreate religions based on those within the fiction the Jedi, are one example
and those that have gathered around fictional languages
such as elven, vulcan and klingon are three examples
to the point that a few extremists refuse to speak outside their chosen language
and that one linguist that tried to raise his son to speak klingon.
>>
>>25178173
>>25184955
as an added note
Most Furries would be classified as Dogmatists or Zealots.
anything more extreme than a costume tail and ears or a fur suit
would upgrade them to Radical, Militant, or Extremist.
>>
File: amianautisttho.jpg (40KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
amianautisttho.jpg
40KB, 540x540px
>>25178173
I like to think I'm not an autist
Pic related me and my bud as generic consular and Kylo
Let's be best buds for life I got yo back
>>
>>25184977
as I already explained most cosplayers
are of the Partisan, or Sectarian variety
>>
>>25183129
>That girl with her superheroes
>>
>>25184969
What are people that work a job and live a normal life but were picked on in school; and after high school, read Harry Potter and feel an esoteric connection with it bc of social justice, all the while preaching they are "such a huge Harry Potter fan" and generally get accepted in the work environment for it? I sorta think they build their reality through Harry Potter.

I'm personally none of the above but I work at an at risk youth center and there are a lot of people like that.
>>
>>25185966
if someone can't accept reality
if they can't separate fact from fiction
they need a psychiatrist
and if that doesn't work they need to be committed to an asylum
that includes Furries and transgenders
>>
>>25178173
That's me I guess. I'm a sci-fi buff but not obsessive. 30, mortgage, wife, kid. Work a 9-5 office job dealing with medical tech, drink with buddies a couple of times a month and I like to vacation in Prague.

Just bring it up man. Rogue 1 wasn't a million years ago, ask people if they watched it. There's a new Star Trek on the cards for this year, so again, not a random thing to bring up.

My grandma introduced me to Star Trek...as far as I know she's never dressed as an Orion slave girl and stalked Shatner....most sci fi/fantasy fans are just regular dudes and gals.
>>
>how do I find people that are casually into a massively popular cultural phenomenon
>>
>>25178173
Check out the church of jedism
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.