[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God, /soc/, I am so fucking lonely. I lost all of my friends

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: e.jpg (11KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
11KB, 600x434px
God, /soc/, I am so fucking lonely. I lost all of my friends because I ended up in this awful, shitty, manipulative and emotionally abusive relationship with this girl. I can go into greater detail about that if necessary, but honestly, I just don't know what to fucking do. I just left her, and now, I'm completely on my own. I almost want to go back, but I know that that's exactly what she wanted. She wanted to get me alone so that I could never leave, so that I'd have no one left to go back to but her.

What do I do, /soc/? How do I escape this vicious cycle and meet new people? I'm 20, so bars are out of the question. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find new people to talk to when I go to college in the fall, but I am just... Hitting rock bottom right now. My heart just hurts so fucking badly, and I just feel... So alone.
>>
>>25135096
it's pretty much impossible not to feel depressed, but yr really going to have to just buck up and count this as a win. you admit freely that you were put through a toxic, manipulative relationship, there's no reason to be convinced otherwise. the best thing you can do now is work on finding interesting things that you like to do, and even if it's really fucking hard, because it will be, just get out there and engage. you might fail at first, but like anything else, it takes practice to connect well with good people. the fall isn't that far off, and college is the perfect environment to meet a lot of new, interesting people. you just want to show up with the best version of yrself that you can offer.
>>
>>25135096
Got any wins of her? If so, post them to encourage more people to read your thread.
>>
>>25135096

Lots of nightclubs let people under 21 in, you just get a different color wrist band to wear, to show you can't buy alcohol.
>>
>>25135144
god, you're right, man. that's exactly what i needed to hear, right now.

>>25135159
i live in the midwestern Corn Hell and i don't think i could even name a nightclub from within like 100 miles of where i live.
>>
File: images-2.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>25135096
Anon,I know exactly what youre going through.havent spoken to my psycho ex in 2 whole weeks, but still rebuilding the network I abandoned when we started a company.
You gotta keep up the fight. You cant convince yourself to go back, thats the easy route and it solves nothing. There is a level of comfort that comes from companionship. But if that bond is toxic even abusive, it still seems attractive to settle and make it work. But thats a lie. A lie we trick ourselves to think is the best option. Truth is its just the easiest.
Dont think of starting over from scratch.
Love is tough, I know. I cant say it will be easy to forget here, you may even find yourself suffering more than anything before. But it gets easier, you'll grow stronger from it,
Buddha said enlightenment can be gained from suffering. He also said life is suffering. JUst tough it out. If you need to talk about it with someone that will listen then find that person and vent. It really helps.
You will bounce back, just dont set yourself up for failure.
"Self destructive behavior, while cathartic and empowering,tends to yeild one result...Self destruction". Youre not alone, hang in there Anon.
>>
>>25135096
Can you get in contact with your friends? Tell them you're sorry, they were right, you should have listened, etc?
>>
>>25135172
Gotta be some kinda place around that local bands play gigs at.
>>
>>25135376
Come to think of it, there is. It seems like it's mostly sitdown gigs, though, and I find it pretty hard to socialize with people in a situation like that. I worry that I'll end up bothering someone. Any advice?
>>
>>25135440
You shouldn't put too much expectation on people (including yourself) to keep you stable. People have their own lives, goals, and agendas. A good friend will be there for you when they can. But if you act like a whiny bitch all the time they will get annoyed and begin to see you as a dependent, or dead weight.
>>
>>25135477
That's... Not really what I meant.
>>
>>25135440
You need a real hobby. Whatever is available in your area; i.e gun club, soccer team/coach,, local things that will plug you into the community. Plus it will uplift your social status, and women love men who can show group leadtership.

>>25135440
Your concern of bothering people with small talk stems from a insecurity and lack of self worth.
>>
>>25135514
You know what, you're definitely right on all counts, there. I'll look into it.
>>
>>25135096
I'm almost 30 now. Best friend since third grade fucked off on me for his latest gf. Got the whole "she is more important than any of my friends" speech. I bailed him out many times and we were decent. But only ever on his terms. And nobody else would have a say. So if I ever asked to chill when he hadn't it was basically lies evasion and to go fuck myself so opposite things happen out there, OP. And who gives a fuck, honestly. The guy was a Gemini. Lol they are all, so, two faced. It's ingrained in them. It's their "thing". Anyways all the best sorry for the blog post I hope it helps
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.