[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was originally going to post this in /r9k/, but I figured this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: menchi.jpg (223KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
menchi.jpg
223KB, 2560x1600px
I was originally going to post this in /r9k/, but I figured this board would be better for a thread like this considering the original purpose of this board (being social). Basically, I have social anxiety and am considering going to a therapist to fix it, and I wanna see if people on this board have any stories about getting help from therapists or what to look for when picking one out. I figured that at least a few people on this board are bound to have had therapy for social anxiety or for social ineptness at some point, considering this is a Vietnamese basket weaving consortium after all.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1488437420183.jpg (68KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488437420183.jpg
68KB, 889x500px
>>25122974
i had two sessions with a cognitive behavioural therapist, and did the little excercise/training things they give you, and it helped alot
unforch it was too expensive so now i stay at home self medicating for my minutely panic attacks lel

tl;dr
do it, it will help
>>
>>25123020
>it was too expensive
This is a problem I've had that caused me to put this type of thing off for many years, but recently I got really lucky thanks to /biz/, so money is not a problem for me right now. What kind of exercises did they make you do?
>>
>>25122974
> I figured that at least a few people on this board are bound to have had therapy for social anxiety or for social ineptness at some point,
most of the people in /soc/ are hermits
they literally refuse to meet in person
and are the worst people to get advice on "coming out of the bedroom"
>>25123020
have either of you tried un-professional therapy
it's a lot cheaper
>>
I don't have anxiety but I do feel like I would want some professional help with depression or to get it actually diagnosed or see if that's something thats really been bugging me. The idea of paying someone to help me though seems weak so I don't do that.
>>
i started going outside and talking to people. problem sloved. havent had a panic attack in about a year and a half. when you have to deal with something you're gonna stop being a pussy. Therapists dont do shit. they're just the first step to getting a psychiatrist who'll actually give you pills which suck because you'll have to take em yer whole life unless you fix yourslef. they're highly addictive as well. yer gonna be fine buddy. just start going for walks in the neighborhood for a start.try doing normal shit first. like buying groceries ordering food ect.
>>
College counselor was free for me.
My therapist could also refer me to lower-priced therapists as well.
So even though there came I time where I could no longer afford to see him for $100 a pop, he referred me to someone who fit my budget a little better.

Also don't be afraid to tell your counselor that you're not getting anything from your time with him/her; they can always refer you to someone.

My anxiety was so bad that I was getting multiple panic attacks a day, so the doctor really highly recommended low-dose Lexapro for me, and I started out at 10mg. I was really scared to start, but honestly it was worth it for me. YMMV, and a lot of people will be all HURRDURR DUNT TRUS BIG FARMER but I've never felt more at peace on a regular basis, so I fully realize that this medicine has affected my life in a positive way.

Hope you get the help you need, anon. First step is hard, but do it for yourself. You don't have to feel shitty 24/7.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.