[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have cluster B disorders? I have some questions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: nomeolvides.jpg (63KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
nomeolvides.jpg
63KB, 400x400px
Does anyone here have cluster B disorders? I have some questions about what the experience is like for other people, and would also welcome any coping mechanisms others have discovered.

25/F and BPD/HPD here.
>>
>>25082627
22yo APD here.

Are you currently in therapy?
>>
>>25082637

I am. We've been exploring my issues for about a year now and trying to nail down exactly what's going on, but my psych's definitely convinced that I have one or the other, or some combination.

Would you be willing to chat with me at all?
>>
>>25082650
Yeah. I don't have a problem chatting.

I have been in therapy since I was a freshman in high school but didn't get diagnosed until age 21.

Do you still live with your parents, or have you coped well enough to be a "responsible" adult
>>
BPD and HPD are just how girls are by default, idk why they're classified as disorders.
>>
>>25082659
In my experience almost all humans show symptoms of the issues, but they don't get in the way of their ability to sustain needed connections and live a normal life.
>>
>>25082656

I meant out of thread, but if not this is fine too.

I live on my own. I can be pretty responsible about finances etc, if not with my behavior
>>
>>25082672
Yes. What is your kik
>>
>>25082672
>>25082676
are u both on reliable birth control?
>>
>>25082682

I am, at least.
>>
File: Healing from the inside out.jpg (517KB, 2689x1560px) Image search: [Google]
Healing from the inside out.jpg
517KB, 2689x1560px
>>25082627
>welcome any coping mechanisms
Adopt a heart-centered meditation practice.

IMO the cluster B disorders are all differing manifestations of an underlying split in the psyche. This is not at all unusual, the past thousands of years have been the story of humankind learning to integrate two halves of existence (male and female, mind and body, above and below, liberal and conservative, self and other, all are just differing ways of dividing a whole and labeling the two now-separate parts).

A heart-centered meditation practice will develop the part of the energetic body that is capable of staying connected to two opposing forces (in the historic development of religions this is why the Christian religion uses the imagery of Christ being splayed open on the cross - heart, compassion, infinite love, the love that can overcome and be with any kind of separation, in that case the separation of man from God).

Heart-centered meditation is very simple (not easy, mind you, you're learning how to control those immense forces that tear your life apart now - just simple). It's like any other exercise, the hardest part is making the time and actually doing it. And do it enough and it *will* strengthen you to help you not be so easily overwhelmed.

If you're interested in learning more leave a throwaway contact and I'll direct you to some resources (e.g., a guide for how to meditate this way, some good pieces of music, things like that).

Good luck, don't give up, you can make things better.
>>
bumping for moar cluster b disorders
>>
>>25082659
This. Only reason this shit didn't exist 50 years ago is because this type of behaviour was looked down on in society. Now its expected as normal.
>>
>>25082659
sounds like you're just either really salty or have no idea what bpd is genuinely like outside of a surface level
>>
I have BPD or bipolar :/
Therapy is shit, doesn't help, especially when they don't know how to diagnose what you really have.
>>
bpd is raeally awful

i'm sick of withdrawing from meds & trying more

idk lol already almost 30 and i don't wanna do this shit til i'm old as fuck
>>
>>25084278
Bipolar is nothing like BPD, I know tons of people with bipolar, diagnosed bipolar II myself an they're great people. People with BPD are actual shit people, that's the difference.
>>
>>25084283
dude, you're a major fucking ass

i'm sorry someone with BPD fucked you up, but it's a mental illness just like any other

one isn't a great person and one is bad

that's completely awful
>>
>>25084283
Nope
It's very similar AND your disorder doesn't define what kind of person you are. It's bad only when it hits you.
>>
>>25084283
please just don't talk to anyone with BPD anymore, you're too cruel
>>
>>25084284
I call it like it is. There's a huge difference between mood swings and being one step from a sociopath

>>25084289
t. pseudoscientist
>>
>>25084294
you're not calling it like it is at all, I've been medicated for almost six years now because being completely numb is better than being in a non-medicated BPD person's brain

seriously I can tell someone with BPD fucked you up bad but you are being extremely irrational and cruel, I can't talk with you about it any more
>>
>>25084294
Dafuq are you talking about

Please google BPD before you share your 'wisdom' kek
>>
>>25084298
Then make a rational argument instead of changing the topic. My experience with people with BPD is only from a clinical setting, I don't know where you're getting this BS from.
>>
>>25084299
Nothing I said goes against actual studies about the two. Bi polar is intrinsically a series of emotional states that come and go, where as BPD is constant, as in there is no break from being completely batshit insane.
>>
Hmmm not sure what happened to my thread but anyway any other cluster bs wanna talk
>>
>>25083969
Disorders are disorders because they are NOT normal and cause damage to the individual's life and to the rest of society you absolute retard
>>
File: 10:10.jpg (24KB, 512x372px) Image search: [Google]
10:10.jpg
24KB, 512x372px
>>25084608
You made a thread for people with personality disorders - what did you think was going to happen?
>>
>>25084744

Except the people derailing are the people who don't have and know nothing about cluster b PDs.
>>
>>25084902
The point was this was this was to be a personality disorders thread - and crucially, for people who don't yet manage them well - and lo and behold the thread itself is socially dysfunctional.

It's not a criticism - it's an observation about the nature of the psyche and consciousness.
>>
>>25082627
Male with BPD here. I didn't found any legit coping mechanisms until now, but of course stress reducing methods like sport, a daily rhythm, healthy food and sun or fresh air are really good against the sideeffects such as depression or moodswings. Since I have heavy moodswings I have to take medication - I get antiepileptica - in order to get through the days without doing dumb, impulsive things. I got used to it by now. I think a good method also is to be in an accepting environment and to avoid stress in general.
>>
dysfunctional bump
>>
Looks like this cluster b disorders thread ends as it began: with reactivity and difficulty in coping and forming functional, lasting relationships.

So cool how that works.
>>
I wonder if I'm BPD. My therapist never wanted to give me a clear diagnosis, and it seems that I have more generalized anxiety and depression. Still, I wonder if all this shit in head isn't just BPD.
>>
>>25082627
24 BPD ive mannaged to stay in school so far, stop taking meds because the side effects were worst than the dissorder, 3 suicide attempts, currently i have suicidal thoughts almost on daily basis but i just ignore them, exercise and juggling are helping me get trough the days, i drink almost every night but i feel better than a couple years ago currently my biggest problem is not being capable of establishing a stabe relationtship
>>
>>25083394
Fucking hippie
>>
>>25083394
>
want to be friends?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.