[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there such a double standard and stigma for being short

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: shorthead_3461028b.jpg (29KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
shorthead_3461028b.jpg
29KB, 620x387px
Why is there such a double standard and stigma for being short which is out of your control but there is an acceptance to being fat which is something you can control
>>
Because life isn't fair

Also, the reason girls don't like short guys is because they don't feel safe around them. Most short guys get out of the way of tall guys and won't stand their ground.
Even if, as a short guy, you acknowledge this and assert yourself, you're still going to look inferior to a lot of people. So either you just stop giving a fuck or it'll eat your self esteem alive.
>>
Because sjws are retarded. Also, quick question. Would you rather be short and built or tall and skinny?
>>
why is there a stigma for being a virgin which is out of your control, but not for being a slut, which you can control?
these are the questions
>>
>>25078514
Tall and skinny by a long shot
>>
>>25078514
Depends on how short/tall, but I'd rather be short and well proportioned than lanky.
>>
Sounds like a post a manlet would make desu.
>>
File: 1479875482573.jpg (101KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
1479875482573.jpg
101KB, 600x694px
>>25078062
>
>>
>>25078062
Because chubby chick's are cute and manlets are manlets.
>>
>>25078062
I don't mind short guys at all tbqh
>>
>>25078514
My boyfriend is short and built. I'll take Short and built over tall and skinny any day. We get looks sometimes because I'm almost 6 inches taller than him but it doesn't bother us.
>>
File: 1374264175662.png (87KB, 200x234px) Image search: [Google]
1374264175662.png
87KB, 200x234px
there is certainly a stigma for being fat, and not even like 300 lbs fat either, people will treat a girl vastly different if shes 170 lbs than if shes 120
>>
I make fun of my short friends...

They make fun of me for balding...

All the anti-bully, anti-shaming, anti-EVERYTHING is making people weak and empowered for no reason.

Oh how I miss the days of people being people to each other
>>
>>25078062

Because girls are hypocrites and the world revolves around them
>>
>>25080879

As a tall chubby chick, I've never had an issue with dating shorter dudes. I don't know why it's an issue, especially when the chicks looking for dudes over 6' are like 5'.
>>
File: redstate.jpg (37KB, 226x226px) Image search: [Google]
redstate.jpg
37KB, 226x226px
>>25078062
There's a stigma for being short?
>>
Why the stigma for short dicks when that's something out of our control
>>
I'm 5' nothing and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Even if I could choose to be taller, I'd turn it down. I like being 5' tall.

But I'm a girl, so yeah.

I once dated an officer in Marines who was 5'5 and he didn't let that stand in his way one little bit. He was confident, assertive, hot as all fuck and GREAT in bed.

I've dated anywhere from 5'2 (mistake, major Napolean complex, wouldn't let me wear high heels or anything) to a 7'2 pro sportsman.

Height is what you make of it.
>>
>>25083035

Being short and small dicked shows genetic inferiority.
>>
>>25082740
As a tall manlet (5'10") a womans weight has never been an issue for me but, I have had to get over a complex that made women my height and taller seem unappealing. While I still prefer a slightly shorter partner(can't fault a woman for wanting a taller one either) I am glad I dated a 6'0" tall woman as she really helped me get over my manlet issues and was one of the better relationships I've had.
tl;dr- tall thicc girls are great
>>
>>25078062
I will date a short person
I will not date a fat person
>>
I'm 6'3"
Short people don't know how lucky they are, my back and ankles are fucked
Don't ever be tall

Shit, I was about to say I love tall girls but I can't imagine how much worse they'd have it with two weights hanging off their chest
>>
As a manlet (5 5-168 cm), i can sat that today is not a big issues anymore. I've been told to a lot of girl who were into me that "they didn't feel conformable to continue" or shit like that in the past\teenage years. Now is not that big of a deal for women with same height or even slightly taller. To be honest i don't understand why girls are okay with couple that differ more than 3 inches. Are just aesthetically wrong.
>>
>>25084945

>I'm a millionaire, you poor people have no idea how lucky you are, do you know how much tax I pay? Don't ever be rich
>>
>>25085028
I fucking wish I was a millionaire
I wouldn't break my back working in a kitchen that's designed for someone 5 inches shorter than me
>>
>>25078062
There is a stigma against short men because people like to find something beyond their control to blame all their problems on instead of striving to better themselves. People blame their problems on all sorts of things: race, gender, religion, height, physical disabilities, not being smart enough, anything they can claim is beyond their control, and that they can't change. Change would take work.
>>
>>25078500

thats kind of dumb, im short and ive always stood my ground tall people really hate knee injuries
>>
>>25078500
really? it's the opposite for me (female posting here) i find taller/larger men less "safe", in fact i find them intimidating... much more comfy w/ men my height or shorter (i am a bit tall for a girl, 5'10'', I've had dudes who were 6'0'' and down to 5'3'' as my bfs, surprisingly the only one who ever physically stood up to people for me was the 5'3'' bf), and the guy was much bigger than him
>>
>>25078062
Is there much of a stigma? I think that people can like almost anything if you find the right person. Also the "fat acceptance" movement isn't taken too seriously, at least not here in the UK. i think because we're on the internet we see a lot of the worst sides of people as everyone draws attention to it, but in real life people actually have much more of a diverse range of opinions. you aren't going to find nuance here as most people are looking for a quick wank over cams or a hot person to get attention from...
>>
>>25084735
implying we chose our parents. I'm sure everyone has something they'd change about themselves be it physical or mental
>>
Did I accidentally stumble into r9k or something
>>
>>25085355
See, you feel less "safe" with taller dudes because they're physically more intimidating.

>surprisingly the only one who ever physically stood up to people for me was the 5'3'' bf

See, you were SURPRISED by this. You had a preconceived notion of him being cowardly.

I'm 5'7" and pretty comfortable with my height, but I'm aware of the stereotypes of me, regardless if they're true or not.
>>
>>25078062
Western cultures like America have more fat acceptance. Asian countries are a lot less politically correct when it comes to fat shaming.

I think it's optimal for guys to be the same height or a little bit taller than the girl. If I see a couple where the guy towers over the girl (>6 in), it just looks off place...
>>
>>25086134

Tell that to the women and their primitive brains.
>>
>>25086156
semantics, I said surprisingly due to the theme of the thread
>>
>>25079340
Yes anon!
YES
>>
>>25078500
I would love to hear the source on this one.
>>
>>25088082

Real life.
>>
>>25088062
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1YzsioV7mPF
>>
>>25078514
what a silly question

i'd choose skinny either way
>>
>>25088082
my ass

:^)
>>
I'm shortish (5'2") and prefer to date people around my own height. I wouldn't count someone out for being really tall, but things are just much easier when they're near my height.
>>
>>25078514
I'm tall and skinny and i'd kill myself if I were short.
>>
>>25085048
You could be like me, breaking your back doing deadlifts because your tiny hands fuck your grip and form.
>>
>>25078062
Everyone who complains about height are always in the okay range, like 5'8 or 5'9. Most women are even shorter than that so i don't see the problem here. I'm 5'7 and i never thought about my height ever.

However, small penis is another thing. Nothing makes me feel more inferior than that. It's like, what's the point of me being born if i was predetermined to always lose ? If me being born was seen as a genetic mistake, well then i'll make the rest of my life a mistake too. Like i don't see the point in being kind to people anymore, i mean the world is preying on me.
>>
File: Fuck off mate.gif (2MB, 500x582px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off mate.gif
2MB, 500x582px
>>25088106
>>
>>25078062
mumble mumble evo-psch mumble mumble
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.