[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't browse /soc/ a great deal, but does anyone ever

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: 30_02.jpg (19KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
30_02.jpg
19KB, 600x336px
I don't browse /soc/ a great deal, but does anyone ever see women over 30 post/reply?
>>
>>25029208
We do, but are tired of then getting bombarded by guys that want a sugar momma or milf nudes.
>>
>>25029226
I figured that might have been the case. Desperation is an ugly look
>>
I work most weekdays and when I get home I don't want to spend time dealing with online shenanigans. We're not unicorns, just busy adults.
>>
>>25029237
Fair enough. Was just curious. Like I said, I don't browse often. And any time that I do actually browse, I feel like it's the same few posts.
>>
>>25029236
>>25029256
I get where you're coming from. /soc/ can be a fun noncommittal way to fill random downtime. It's why I still pop back here, although the occasional gems are getting sparser.
>>
>>25029369
Ha, feels like most things to be quite honest. Browsing lame ass websites/social media, watching terrible TV, etc. That quirky style of entertainment is getting harder and harder to find. Or maybe it's just me.
>>
>>25029413
i think its just you, i rather read a book
>>
>>25029413
I don't think it's just you. Sometimes I need silly or perverted shit to unwind from life's responsibilities. This place filled that need for a while, but maybe I've just seen the common stuff and same jokes and memes too many times now. But it's that way on other sites too.
>>
>>25029424
Never really got into books. I don't mind odd short stories. I feel like they're the ones that really get me thinking afterwards.

>>25029456
Yeah I can understand that. I remember first coming to this site years ago and being so blown away with the content. Probably because it was so... Raw I guess you could say. Now, I feel like there's always something more ridiculous than yesterday. It's almost like saying how everyone is "special". Takes the meaning away from the word.
>>
>>25029208
my wife is 31, and posts if it's worth her while.
>>
>>25029926
Fair enough. To be honest, this is probably the most I have ever typed on 4Chan.
>>
>>25029954
Lurk moar
>>
>>25029226
This
>>25029237
And this.

We do exist, but tend to avoid the especially juvenile threads.
>>
>>25030336
So most posts, ha
>>
>>25029922
>odd short stories
I'm on the hunt for more reading material. Do you have recs?
>>
>anybody ever meet someone on 4chan?
>I don't use /soc/ / 4chan a lot, but is ___ here?
>stock-photo images that aren't common on imageboards

Am I paranoid or are these threads blatantly data-mining , and possibly started by a marketing firm or group other than a sincere individual trying to collect information on users?
>>
>>25032196
Well probably one of my favourites is "All you zombies"

>>25032270
Nope. Just curious. I know it's a young male dominated website. I do see women posting on here. But I always feel like they're 18-25. It just got me thinking
>>
>>25032600
Also, not sure why my id keeps changing. Probably because I'm browsing on mobile
>>
>>25032270
4chan is wonderful in its disruption. Data mining is constant, but also too hard to verify (unless you start posting actual facts)
I'm just an older male that struggles with anxiety and interaction with stranger. Small circle of friends, usually wife related. Someday, ill find that mature anonymous place to be. QQ. Until then, back to the pic sharing threads
>>
>>25032600
>"All you zombies"
Hey, thanks for the tip. Read Stranger In a Strange Land ages ago, but I'd be up for some short story action now.

>>25032600
>I know it's a young male dominated website. I do see women posting on here. But I always feel like they're 18-25
Sometimes it's just so we can norm to the rest of the demographic here. Plus, I get the feeling that 18-25 year olds think that 30-40 year olds are supposed to look 50-60 years.

>>25032752
>Someday, ill find that mature anonymous place to be
Please take me there when you find it so we can hang out.
>>
>>25033424
If I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure they turned it into a movie as well. Under a different title. I'm a sucker for time travel. Yeah some would think that. I'm 25 this year and still get mistaken for 17 haha (even though I have a lot of visible tattoos. Which you would think is a dead give away. But I think my baby face is the problem)
>>
Oldies kik group?
>>
>>25033424
Testing out the waters on /his and /lit. And the sheer inanity of /pol.
It's /soc, we can socialize here. So, why 4chan? The place where you can be yourself but not be?
>>
>>25029208
Sec/mom was well over 30 - and legendary for her posts here.
>>
where were you during 9/11?
>>
>>25033453
Maybe gray hairs will help?

>>25033544
What do people do in Kik groups? I'm not opposed to joining one, but I'm not sure how it's different from threads here.

>>25034102
I was on /lit/ and /mu/ for a while. The troll factions made it tiresome. The shitposting was a/mu/sing, though.

Yeh, I like the fleeting nature of 4chan interactions. Relationships, even noncommittal online friendships take mutual effort.
>>
>>25034137
At home, skip morning work day.
I was one of the few who flew for work a month after it happened. Airports were empty, National Guard everywhere.
>>
>>25034199
I see what you did there.
It's just thoughts and ideas in a virtual space. Trolling is part of what forges them into genuine insight. Better than what facebook tells me i should like.
>>
>>25029237
I'm 32. Primarily this, and also >>25029226

I want a light chat to unwind. I am not looking for a lifelong friend, a fuck buddy, over-invested kids who can't buy alcohol, or actual jailbait. I have shit to do, I am not on 4chan or kik during business hours.
>>
>>25034199
Was actually considering on trying to put a little grey through my hair somehow.
>>25034120
Oh? What made her legendary?
>>
>>25034235
Seems to be the common thing. Usually the only time I browse 4Chan is when it's a little dead at work/lunch breaks. My days are really long. Use to have a private instagram. Used it to have small conversation. Sort of... Catfished on it. Used my own pictures. But any information I gave out was false. Not sure why I went through all the trouble to do so. But have had some interesting conversations
>>
>>25034199
You can just waffle on on a group if you like or moan if thats your thing?
Or just chat to hopefully half normal people haha
>>
File: IMG_0499.png (343KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0499.png
343KB, 1242x2208px
I started a group, if you wanna join then join, if not..... thats up to you!
>>
There used to be a regular 35+ thread that I miss, mostly now it's just kids looking for their graduate scene.
>>
So theres 1 person inthat group so far lol
>>
>>25035148
Lol what did you expect to happen? You're talking about actual adults on a weekday morning. They're likely either getting ready for work or on their way to it. Plus it's a kik chat, not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. Give it some time, maybe later in the day people will join.
>>
I've posted several times. I'm a femanon, 43.
>>
>>25035229
Well that's awesome, here I was thinking I'm the only 40+ person around.
>>
>>25035276
seen a few of us around here
>>
>>25035298
That's cool, I usually stay away from soc I feel like Herbert the pervert when I see how young these kids are.
>>
>>25035307
True. But as >>25029226 said, you just get pestered a lot. Even when I tell them I'm a lesbian it seems to just get them going even more.
>>
>>25035309
Haha!! Yeah that doesn't matter to them then they just want to see you and your s/o together. I haven't been here in like a year, last night I got bored and popped in to see if things are the same as before.
>>
>>25034838
I should learn what kik is. And learn to use a phone for other than google maps.
>>
>>25035607
Lol Kik is a chat program that's all, much like line or discord or the tons of others out there. Kik is just more basic than most.
>>
>>25035645
Yeah, but it feels like /pol, where they try to draw people out to discord just to stalk/dox people into using their phones.
>>
>>25035696
Well I know for the most part people create secondary Kik accounts that you will get zero info from unless the people give it. I use it more for gaming chat than anything.
>>
>>25034838
I realize it's a joke, but something about seeing the face of a octogenarian or nonagenarian makes me less inclined to join. I'm loud and proud of being old relative to 20 somethings, but I don't consider my tribe to be folks that are twice my age.
>>
>>25034838
How do you join? Help an old man out
>>
Women are busy in the kitchen of course, thats yhe reason we dont get to meet many of them around, too bad.

Woman, make me a sandwich, kitchen, now
>>
>>25034240
>What made her legendary?

She would spend time talking to us mostly. It's been a while but I seem to remember some tits too sometimes.

>>25032270
>data mining
I get that feeling sometimes on here. I guess everything will be if its open.
>>
>>25034137
I was 23 at the time in bed woke up and saw 1 plane had all ready slammed into one of the WTC I was thinking wtf is going on here
>>
>>25034137
In an office building in CT. I remember going numb when seeing the TV in the common area after the first building got hit. I made my "are you okay?" calls and emails and tried to hold my co-worker when she broke down sobbing later that morning. I was still numb and couldn't process anything- felt helpless and worried. Still feel kind of sick recalling the memories, actually.
>>
>>25034240
>Oh? What made her legendary?
She was smart, funny, beautiful, kinky as hell and fucked like a banshee.
>>
File: MKL.jpg (94KB, 612x748px) Image search: [Google]
MKL.jpg
94KB, 612x748px
>>25038007
>>
>>25035128
Maybe they're all dead now?
>>
>>25034838
What's the banter going on in this group? I find it takes so much more than life experience-- which age does not necessarily belie-- to relate to others. Although fuck if I don't miss flirting with others my age.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.