[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Common Interests Thread. --- >Post somethings that interest

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

Common Interests Thread.
---
>Post somethings that interest you.
These could include:
Hobbies, things in the news or just topics that excite you, what you're studying, games you've played.
(Things like this)
>>
>>25024594
Oh, I actually like this thread.

I am trying to learn calligraphy. I enjoy reading, skincare, self improvement, watching sports on tv (soccer, mostly), hiking, travelling and food. I love reading and talking about politics but I detest talking about politicians.
I like art, design, history and philosophy. Biology and astrophysics are pretty cool, math is sexy as hell.
>>
File: zYwFu1W.jpg (18KB, 362x329px) Image search: [Google]
zYwFu1W.jpg
18KB, 362x329px
Pretending to be a small child online for older men to prey on.

... and puzzle games.
>>
>>25024594
Anybody salsa?
>>
I'm shooting to be a planetary geologist so math and physics are up there for me. I also enjoy fiction novels, mostly scifi.
I'm an avid backpacker and I camp a lot.
I also play a couple instruments and paint miniatures.

if anyone wants to just chat about whatever my kik is dinosaursdied
>>
anyone /mbti/ here?
im unhealthily obsessed w it, its my main interest right now.
if ur into it, or have taken the test, post ur type pls

other interests/hobbies include:
-politics
-philosophy
-debate
-hallucinogens
-pseudoscience/spiritual/paranormal
-things that are in those categories, but could plausibly be proven scientifically someday
-having constant existential crises
-psychology/social psych
-history
-some vidya, but im a filthy casual
-finding music that fits my obscure particular taste (quite challenging)
-self improvement, improving social skills etc
-style, dressing cool, looking good

if i think of anything else, ill post or elaborate on something ive already posted

but pls guys be into mbti i need people to discuss it with, no one i know iseither uninterested or doesnt even know about it
>>
>>25027875

>if ur into it, or have taken the test, post ur type pls

also ur age and gender would be interesting

me:
entp
fem
>>
>>25027875

goddammit

>no one i know iseither uninterested or doesnt even know about it

meant everyone i know
>>
>>25027875
>>25027882

INTJ Here.

Male, 25.

It describes me incredibly well, but I kind of wish it didn't.
>>
>>25027875
Oh, I like MBTI as well.
INTJ, female, 24.

>>25028004
>It describes me incredibly well, but I kind of wish it didn't.
Why?
>>
>>25028103

It's a personality type that leads well to being a cynic and over analysing everything, too much planning etc, even for just small things.

I have trouble being anything but rational, so anything feelings-wise is a weak point for me, I don't bother telling those close to me things that most people would tell their friends, because I just decide that there's never a good time and that it wouldn't accomplish anything anyway.

I probably come off as emotionless, but in reality it's more like I don't feel there's an opportunity to put forward the emotions.

It also leads to a lot of "This wont be successful so I wont bother doing it" but when I look back, I generally think I miscalculate the odds a lot.
>>
>>25028125
I kind of developed a more organised approach to feelings.
I still don't share half as much as I feel, and I can definitely come off as emotionless (so I'm with you on this) but I am learning to share more. I live it as a rational choice to be more true to what I feel.
With my closest friends, at least, I often share what I am feeling other than what I am thinking. It's a pretty separate stream of consciousness for me. I am not spontaneous when I express my feelings and I still tend to bottle up my feelings, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
I try to force myself to be emotional.

>It also leads to a lot of "This wont be successful so I wont bother doing it" but when I look back, I generally think I miscalculate the odds a lot.
This is very true. I've seen a nice video about vulnerability and risk-taking on TED talk that nailed it pretty well, if you want I can share it with you if I find it.

Anyway it's not so bad, at least for me - I enjoy being an INTJ, most of the time.
>>
>>25028004
h0t, our types r the most compatible ;;;; )
>>25028103
nice theres not many intj fems
>>25028145
>I try to force myself to be emotional.
yeah, society def pushes this onto female thinking types. i have (kinda,but still very faulty) well developed Fe due to this cultural phenomenon
hopefully u guys know about the cognitive functions, if not, please learn. its the core of the whole theory, and knowing just the 4 letters and descriptions of your type is just an extreme simplification of an incredibly complex subject
>>
>>25028205
Been dating an INFP who was super into the whole MBTI stuff, I know everything about cognitive functions.

>yeah, society def pushes this onto female thinking types
Yes, definitely.
I think it was a shame I didn't explore such a big part of myself.
I never felt too bad about not being super emotional, I kinda liked it even. But talking about my feelings often gives them some order, instead of have them lying under the surface. Which, ironically, makes me more vulnerable in the long run.
>>
>>25028223
hows it goin with infp? idk if i could ever successfully be happy with one, lol, but you both have fi and te in your stack so that must be interesting
sometimes with fi and fe, especially when tertiary, it can be really confusing to me

i barely understand fi, fi and ni are probably the functions i understand the least.

my understanding of fe is something like:
-adherence to certain social norms/trends to fit in
-caring about appearance/status in society/social groups
-desire to be liked and accepted by others
-wanting to make people feel a certain way, whether it be good or bad, and being adept at that
-consideration of others feelings, or how things will make them feel, or being able to read how theyre feeling
-knowing how to sway peoples emotions to get the response or outcome you want
-wanting to impact society at large in some way in general, could be good or bad
-trying to create good vibes with people and avoid all awkward situations, never want to be made the fool or be embarassed/humiliated
-like to give advice to others, and go to others for advice; particularly when it involves emotions or social issues somehow

some of this relates more to terti fe but it could fit dom or aux too

i know theres more i could add to this, but is there anything youd like to add, if you know much about fe? i understand ne-ti perfectly but my knowledge of fe is kinda feeble

fi im just...lost. can you give me a rundown? i really would like to understand it better, i have no idea what its like/how it works/etc
>>
>>25028309
im very considerate of how i make people feel. i can use this positively or negatively. if i want to make someone feel like shit, i have a keen radar for their weakspots/insecurities. i also know how to make people feel great, and tell them exactly what they want to hear. can easily lie straight to someones face, good at making people believe im someone im not, and have various different personas that i project when im around certain groups/types of people. this doesnt necessarily mean im a manipulative asshole, i try to be kind, and make people feel good. i give good advice, and am careful not to hurt peoples feelings unless i determine they deserve it. im good at appearing/presenting myself in the most effective way that will get my desired reaction from others.
>>
>>25028223
>>25028309
>>25028329
so basically im really curious about how intjs in particular use fi, and i really want to understand fi better in general. ive read so much about it, but my efforts are typically fruitless as far as gaining a legit understanding. so it would be greatly appreciated if you could like... name some key points about how fi works, what its like to use fi, as well as fi vs fe?
>>
>>25028145
I wouldnt mind watching it if it's not too hard for your to find.

>>25028205
I dont actually know too much about the cognitive functions, from what you said in >>25028309 it sounds pretty interesting though.

I understand what you mean with >>25028329 though, I've got a good eye for weaknesses etc, although I usually get thrust into a leader type roll in groups, and I use the knowledge more to manage people, avoid certain things, push people to things that would be good for them etc. Generally I want the group to be more coherent and functioning, to avoid stuff not going well, and I'll use whatever I can to do that. If people are happy, they're generally more complaint and it makes assuming the leader role easier.
>>
>>25028309
It's transcendental. It's like a whole new level of relationship I never even thought could happen.
We're very connected emotionally (which I never managed to, with anyone) and very competitive intellectually, which keeps things fun.

Fi is a weird business, and I don't think I master it well enough to give you an appropriate description of how it is.
I've mostly lived it as a drive towards self reflection and finding harmony. I honestly don't think I'll master any of this till later in my life, but I'm slowly going out of the "tormented genius" phase I had when I was a teen and I'm becoming a more wise, empathetic, reflective person.

I can tell you how it feels on my boyfriend, since it is its main function.
- self awareness. This in particular was always very impressive to me. He had a surgical precision in understanding the shades of his feelings. I always found it amazing.
- "sea after the storm" kind of inner life; he's very tormented but has his own order in his mess
- empathy, loads of it. I cannot even stress enough. He is the kind of person who can just empathise with everyone. He is so in touch with you it makes you uncomfortable, he brings the emotional side out of everybody, he can make you doubt yourself in three seconds
- shame, self consciousness
- tendency to do what feels right over than what is right
- worries a lot about other people's opinion, not because he's ashamed of how it'd look in front of others but because he tends to take them as the truth
- desire to stand out, to be admired but not to blend in or to lead. He's basically a radical hispter in life.
- very true to himself

It's very hard to explain. Heh.

>>25028349
I think it's this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o
>>
>>25028349
>I dont actually know too much about the cognitive functions
>it sounds pretty interesting though.

it absolutely is. youll probably get hooked on it. not only is it interesting but i think its mandatory if you want to fully understand mbti in general, as well as your own type, and the types of the people you know. it is the most accurate and helpful tool i have found as far as discovering myself/my ways, and other people. it is greatly helpful in most areas of life. but my point is, to gain the full extent of insight you need from it, you have to understand the functions.
>>25028349
>although I usually get thrust into a leader type roll in groups
>I use the knowledge more to manage people, avoid certain things, push people to things that would be good for them etc. Generally I want the group to be more coherent and functioning, to avoid stuff not going well, and I'll use whatever I can to do that.

this is te, or extroverted thinking, which is your secondary function. te and fe are similar in certain ways. i probably dont have the best ability to explain this to you, but fem intj might be able to, if shes not overwhelmed by all the questions i had for her as well, lol. i also have a link to a great functional analysis, which most people i attempt to share with say is tldr, but as an intj you might not think so.

this one is really long, you might want to bookmark it for later when youre up for a long read.
http://www.typeinmind.com/nite/

this one isnt as long, i havent read the intj analysis, but i thought the entp one was great.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/myers-briggs-type-profiles/68572-intj-jungian-cognitive-function-analysis-simulatedworld.html
>>
>>25028441
This looks incredibly interesting. I'm going to take a read now, but from the initial look at the shorter one, the idea of a skeletal framework of a map of ideas describes my mind better than I'd ever be able to myself.

Send me a message on Kik if you'd like, I'd love to discuss this more. Corvus1212
>>
>>25028414
>It's transcendental. It's like a whole new level of relationship I never even thought could happen.
We're very connected emotionally (which I never managed to, with anyone) and very competitive intellectually, which keeps things fun.

that sounds amazing. i hope someday i can have something like this but im complete shit when it comes to building a deep bond with someone. im shit at sharing/expressing true/deep feelings with anyone, or even recognizing/understanding my feelings.

>self reflection
>self awareness
>surgical precision in understanding the shades of his feelings.
wow,some of my greatest weaknesses. i just come to a complete dead end when i even attempt.

>empathy, loads of it
>kind of person who can just empathise with everyone
>He is so in touch with you it makes you uncomfortable
>he can make you doubt yourself in three seconds

see, this is one of the biggest things that confuses me. these things sound like they could fit with both fe and/or fi, and thats where i get really mixed up.
i can understand other peoples emotions and intentions very well, and i can usually find SOME way to empathise, hear where theyre coming from, or relate somehow, even if i disagree with most everything else, or disagree with them and their thinking entirely. i can still see the reason behind it, why/how they ended up thinking that way, where theyre coming from, etc.
im pretty adept at reading people, seeing right through them, and any kind of bullshit they may put up.
also really good at swaying peoples opinions/emotions, or getting them on my side, which is kind of an fe thing from my understanding but i can see how it might be fi too, im still confused about that though. since they have similarities like these its really hard to differentiate them, for me anyway. (tbc, lol, comment too long)
>>
ISTJ here, I want to become a writter and possibly work on cartoons. I've always loved cartoons, grew up with ed edd n eddy and stuff like that, like Beavis and Butthead a lot. I like Nintendo games and I grew up with Playstation as well.
>>
>>25028470
im one of those faggots that doesnt have kik. is it for pc or exclusively smartphone? i might get it if its for pc, but i dont have a good phone right now.
i have skype though, but it seems like no one uses that anymore.
>>
File: PE8qChT.jpg (172KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PE8qChT.jpg
172KB, 900x1200px
Whoops, posted too soon.

Cute and girly aesthetics
Decorating
Minimalist lifestyles
Fashion, but not really /fa/ fashion because it's too manly and angular.
J-fash
Red pill theory, but this also depresses me as a woman yet I can't stop reading it, help???
>>
>>25028495
lol, it is very istj to hold onto things from your past like that. i have inferior si, but i get nostalgic about stuff like that too.
>>
18 but look young/m/new jersey
looking for someone who wants to meet up and have fun :3
blonde, white, cute, bi
kik: matt13030
>>
>>25028503
I'm pretty young but still get nostalgic about a lot of things. And btw you can get kik on pc if you download "bluestacks", it is an android emulator, it is free
>>
>>25028494
Like I said earlier, Im capable of understanding peoples emotions well, and my own too, I think the Fi side of it just has difficulty not filtering it through a logical filter, so while its likely that you understand how they feel, you'll never actually feel it too. I think the fi side of it is closer to sympathy, while the fe side is actual empathy.

I could be off though, Im just reading most of this now.

I do have a skype but I have no idea what my username is on there, so you'd have to give me yours.
>>
>>25028494
It's not the same kind of empathy.
A Fe person is the kind of person who you feel chill and comfortable with, a Fi is the kind of person you feel like sharing your deepest and darkest memories because they just make you feel naked in front of them.
Fe to me is more like a person who makes you feel at ease, can make you feel like you make sense to them, makes you feel accepted, has a chill/happy vibe around them, can make everyone feel good. While Fi makes you feel like you should share your true self, makes it feel like they kinda resonate, impersonate your emotions, even when they're uncomfortable and ugly.
He has this very... lifechanging, inspiring vibe around them. Getting to know him on a very personal level was a really ground-shaking experience for me. He's very spiritual.

I also forgot so many things. Like a very strong sense of morality and justice (which I share), while Fe tend to be less absolute in terms of what is right and what is wrong.
They're also very "alone" mentally. You always feel kind of excluded from their inner life, you always feel like you get just a bit, a refined version of what they've felt - while with Fe it's loads of feelings, raw, in your face and they tend to be a bit more "superficial" feelings (bestie is a Fe).

Does this even make any sense to you?
>>
>>25028502
I like decoration and minimalism a lot. Trying to embrace it in my daily life as well.

WHY THE REDPILL THO?!
>>
>>25024594
I am interested in anthropology, biology, botany. I love learning about all animals, and observing them in the wild. I love meeting new people are learning about their cultures and history and their outlook and view on spirituality and life in general. I love being outdoors and interacting with nature. I am a very free and creative person, very open minded and love hearing different perspectives and challenging my self.

>>25025287
You sound cool. I'd love to get to know you irl. Even online but I don't use kik
>>
>>25027875
I am INFP. Have been all my life. Since high school anyways
>>
>>25028414
>>25028494

>shame, self consciousness
>worries a lot about other people's opinion, not because he's ashamed of how it'd look in front of others but because he tends to take them as the truth
>desire to stand out, to be admired but not to blend in or to lead

ahhh ok im still fucking confused. this too seems to match fe to a large extent, or at least what ive read/understand of it. i think i might be retarded, or something, for just not being able to comprehend the differences here. unless they really do just share these strong similarities in common. im self conscious because i greatly value peoples opinions of me, and base a lot of my self worth on what people think of me and how they see me. if im not considered cool in society i might as well be a piece of trash on the sidewalk. i want everyone to like me, admire me, and want to be associated with me. i want to stand out too, but its in more of a "i want to be superior" way, like blend in with normies but be a few steps above them all, and i do try to lead the herd and start trends (i am usually successful not to brag or anything HEH). B-)

>tendency to do what feels right over than what is right
i know an isfp who is exactly like this. always. with everything. his gf cheated on him multiple times, kicked him out onto the street (hes still homeless), has a new boyfriend, and he attempted suicide over this yet he still wants to go back and live in the town shes in, and "wait for her" and thats just the tip of the iceberg. i can hardly even be friends with him anymore because i consider this so moronic.

>very true to himself
this is where i definitely differ, im never true to any one particular "self," i just construct many various personas to present to different audiences. i do this based on how i want to be seen by them, how i can best get along/cohere with them, and get what i want from them.
>>
>>25024594
Death Metal, Grindcore, Power Violence, Thrash Metal
Retro Gaming
Road trips
Latex fashion
>>
I don't have any real hobbies. I like being in bed and doing nothing but read shitposts and things other spiteful and bitter anon write on different boards. Im a pretty positive person I think, I just find humor in cynicism. Even though I'm shit at anything artistic, I truly appreciate and admire anyone who puts so much work and passion in what they do. Animation, claymation, comedy, boot/shoe making, and especially music. even though I like low fi, dreampop and shoe gaze the most I can enjoy and listen to the works of other genres
>>
>>25028573
Of um I have big negative traits about myself too.. I get extremely obsessive to new things. Like I can watch a film and try to find out meaning in meaningless things and look up people more eloquent than me that talk about the subject and motivations in the film. The set pieces or scores, ect. Then drop it to new things like vidya lore or how or what clothes should I be wearing that can take influence from the current GQ fashion line since I can't afford that shit.
>>
File: 1486249066793.jpg (29KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
1486249066793.jpg
29KB, 480x384px
>>25028551
I find it interesting and someone I know basically used RP game on me, so reading about it has answered a lot of questions. I don't personally subscribe to it (I mean, how could I, I'm a chick - it seems to be dudes trying to plate as many women as possible), but I don't really disagree that men and women are different and have biological needs that, on its face, are at odds. Anyway, like I said, it depresses me.
>>
>>25028521
oh, i think ive heard of that, might try it out.

>>25028539
oh this makes sense. i would say that i do actually to some extent feel what others are feeling, or what i perceive they are feeling.

>have no idea what my username is on there, so you'd have to give me yours
if you dont know your username, how would you log into it to add me?

>>25028546
>A Fe person is the kind of person who you feel chill and comfortable with
>Fi is the kind of person you feel like sharing your deepest and darkest memories because they just make you feel naked in front of them.

i think this is true. my mom is an enfp, and i go to her to spill out my bullshit feelings that i dont understand, and she has a deep understanding of it and makes sense of it for me. i think fe has kind of a hard time dealing with internal deep dark feelings, they more want to keep things surface and positive. i could be wrong, i still dont fully get it.

>Fe to me is more like a person who makes you feel at ease, can make you feel like you make sense to them, makes you feel accepted, has a chill/happy vibe around them, can make everyone feel good.
>Fi makes you feel like you should share your true self, makes it feel like they kinda resonate, impersonate your emotions, even when they're uncomfortable and ugly.

yeah, when people try sharing their strong emotions with me... i kind of like dont know how to respond, other than to give them advice, and try to cheer them up. i do get uncomfortable with things like that, i just do my best to fake caring, because i do want them to feel better/good instead of wallowing in all of this feeling and meaning theyve assigned to things.
but when i have issues, boy do i love dumping them on others, a lot of venting.
(tbc)
>>
>>25028611
Well I'm a guy and I don't really know how to take RP stuff seriously (maybe since I grew up in dysfunctional home lol). I was always around women growing up and can see the difference of how emotionally and logical actions or decision are made. I don't think this makes one gender more inferior or superior.
>>
Okay, so I've just finished reading up on the Cognitive functions of INTJ, and the NiFi loop makes a lot of sense, definitely something i've seen in myself in the past, my Te is a bit more developed now though, although could still use more work.

Se is also an interesting one, and something that I've been working a lot on lately, I used to have it a lot stronger when I was younger, but the whole "being able to enjoy things" went away as I got older, partly because I felt it wasnt worth the time, partly due to depression. It's coming back in droves now though, I'm finally in a pretty good place and I find myself enjoying stuff for what it is instead of analysing it.

>>25028615
I sign in with just an email address, and those dont work with the search, either way, I've done some looking and if you just search "corvus 1212" in skype I should come up.

I know it sounds weird saying it this way, but I think Fi are a lot happier in the dark side of the emotional spectrum than Fe are, I definitely revel in my misery a little bit, it helps me get stronger, on the flipside when things are going well I don't know what to do with myself. I can plan my way out when I'm down, when I'm up i'm just not sure what to do. I have to be moving forward, cant stay still and enjoy it. I assume Fe are the opposite.
>>
>>25028562
>>25028559
And I am female btw, age 24

I love reading, watching films, and listening to music. In college my friends had a great film club but since I graduated and moved away I haven't found people irl who share a passion for it. I lurk /tv/ from time to time but I miss having people to watch and discuss films with. My favorite decades for film are the 50s and the 80s.
>>
>>25028641
I don't think one gender is inferior or superior, either. I just think they are different. How was your home life dysfunctional? No father figure or something? Just assuming since you said always around women.
>>
>>25028546
>>25028615
>very strong sense of morality and justice
>Fe tend to be less absolute in terms of what is right and what is wrong.

yeah i definitely see morality/right/wrong in shades of grey, i see nothing as absolute, and can usually see both sides of something. sometimes i just stick to the philosophy that good/evil is a human construct to aid in survival and build coherent societies.

>You always feel kind of excluded from their inner life
>always feel like you get just a bit, a refined version of what they've felt
>with Fe it's loads of feelings, raw, in your face
>tend to be a bit more "superficial" feelings

when i happen to share my feelings on something, its pretty honest and blunt i think. i hardly even analyze my feelings on most things, i just give my opinion, like "oh yeah hes an asshole, did this ____, total dick" i dont really hide much from others, im pretty much open about myself and almost everything in my life. as for superficiality, i agree. i can spew any kinda bullshit at anyone to convince them that i feel any certain way. fake nice to most people, even those i dislike.

>Does this even make any sense to you?

well, not ENTIRELY, but kinda. im still retarded and confused about some differences, but i think this is helping. and i really appreciate you giving your time to try and help me out with this.

id probably give better responses but its getting hard to keep up with the thread lol
>>
>>25028611
I can understand that. I thought you subscribed to the whole misogynistic thing and it made me depressed for a bit.
I do agree that men and women are different, I just don't agree with the interpretation they have of the thing.

>>25028666
Haha do you want to exchange contacts and be autistic about MBTI together? <3

>>25028650
>>25028559
You sound like a genuinely nice person.
>>
>>25028562
whats it like to be an infp?
i am >>25028338
trying to understand fi.i could use all the input i can get so id really appreciate some insight from a dom fi user.
>>25028643
> if you just search "corvus 1212" in skype I should come up
will do
>I think Fi are a lot happier in the dark side of the emotional spectrum than Fe are
i absolutely would agree. fi likes to really feel, experience, understand and analyze their feelings. fe is less about wanting to experience your inside feelings, and more about focusing/understanding/analyzing the feelings of other people, and affecting their feelings,making them feel a certain way.
>>
>>25028692
sure, you have skype?
>>
>>25028643
>corvus 1212
are you the uk dood?
>>
>>25028665
No father figure since he was always working and to tired. Parent always got in fights. Then he got deported. Plus I was not his biological son. Moved around a lot so no strong social presence any where. We were poor so I ate what we could but lucky mother could cook. Wore clothes from the dumpster of a salvation army for a while lol
>>
>>25028714
Yes, I am.
>>
>>25028705
I had one but totally forgot the password and the email, so I'll have to make a new one.
I'll make one as soon as I wake up and leave it here for you, if the thread isn't dead already.
>>
>>25028717
added
>>
>>25028727
aight cool B-)
>>
>>25028727
>>25028734
i have another idea if youre still here.
i could just post my skype, and you could post what you plan on making your new username or whatever. that way i would know it was you adding me, and not some other lurker.
but >as soon as I wake up
implies youre going to sleep now, or have already gone
>>
>>25028695
>to be infp
I know a couple other infp who are a little different than me. I am pretty heavily introverted. I mentioned I like meeting people, but I can get drained really easily being around others. I can go months without speaking to anyone, besides coworkers. Typically I see people twice a month.
I am very in my head, usually thinking about something specific or analyzing an event. I love learning and I work as an educator, so it is fun being on both ends of that. I am pretty creative, my mind is kind of abstract. I am not as talented as some of my infp friends but I have a lot of artistic insights and interests.
I am pretty emotional, I am very empathetic. I cry easily, but to all things, like from sadness or stress or sympathy or joy.
I enjoy getting to know people and finding out what their experiences are like. I dunno what else about me might be specific to being INFP.
I know on r9k infp are often suicidal. I struggled with that a lot when I was younger and my mental health isnt 100% but I have a strong love of life and perserving my own as well as others
>>
File: Card.jpg (67KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
Card.jpg
67KB, 500x688px
Female, 26, INFP here.

Interests include:
Cooking, baking, sharing food, and also the science behind cooking.
Trying to learn too many arts and crafts, doesn't matter if it's traditional or digital.
Video games, but I've become casual now. I do still have a burning passion for certain games like the Baldurs Gate series though.
Nature, learning about plants and animals. Would go out and interact with it more, but I'm not a fan of the area I live in.
The world, cultural differences, and some history sprinkled in.

>>25024655
You sound cool. I'd love to learn calligraphy, that's on my long list of things to learn.

>>25028559
>>25028650
>>25028914
Ack. I'd watch movies with you if I could.
And I resonate with almost everything you mentioned about being infp.
>>
File: 4chin thing.jpg (2MB, 2281x2474px) Image search: [Google]
4chin thing.jpg
2MB, 2281x2474px
I spent a lot of time making this last night and the thread died but this seems like an appropriate place to post it.
>>
>>25028914
>usually thinking about something specific or analyzing an event
what kinds of things do u think about regularly?
how would u say u analyze things, what is your process?
i will understand if u would have a hard time explaining these things because i would too
>>25028941
i didnt know u infps like learning so much, thats cool :- )
i guess i just want to know what its like inside the mind of an fi user
im curious about both the differences between fi vs ti, and fi vs fe
>>
>>25029076
mbti test is not meaningless u fool
>>
>>25024594

My time to shine:

I am a huge researcher... anything that interests me from geography, politics, music, science, etc.. I look into in-depth.

I like working out (cardio and lifting iron), playing guitar, working on my own vehicle, and chilling with people when I crawl out of my shell.

ISTP reporting in.
>>
>>25029410
I've taken it tons of times and gotten different results each time. It feels like psuedoscience to me but people seem to like it and find it helps them learn things about themselves. But it's not for me

You do you, boo.
>>
>>25029438
istps r hot but i just dated one and it was bad
entp + istp = hellfire

>>25029455
ive experienced it being accurate in every interaction ive had with everyone and also myself so i think ur doing it wrong but believe what u will
>>
>>25029407
>what kinds of things do u think about regularly
Hoping youre still here today... I usually think about work, because it is the biggest thing in my life at the moment. I think about things I said to the kids, how it might have affected them, how I should have worded something differently. I think of lessons and activities that they will enjoy. I analyze social interactions a lot, I have pretty bad social anxiety so it can be hard for me to communicate. Then later I think a lot about what the other person did or said and try to see if there was anything I missed in the moment, like body language or certain phrases they used.
I have existential/nihilistic crises way too often, just feeling like everything I am doing is wrong and that I am wasting my life. So I think a lot about my long term goals, what I hope to achieve, what steps I need to take to get there.

>>25028941
Aw man. I wish I had a movie buddy but just knowing there is another like-minded individual out there is comforting enough.
I laughed so hard at your science of cooking comment. I was talking about that the other day with someone because I am a pretty bad cook; I am always undercooking things or burning them. He was trying to explain to me the sciences that go into cooking. I am hoping to be able to be a better cook at some point in my life
>>
>>25031108
mhm im still here i never leave threads im involved in heh heh
it seems like infps and entps have some qualities in common, although i will admit im usually having a bad time in life when i overanalyze my socialization, i get social anxiety too.
>I have existential/nihilistic crises way too often
same. pretty much every day. it never goes away, and its kind of become my perspective of reality/philosophy
>just feeling like everything I am doing is wrong and that I am wasting my life
for me theyre not just about this, but this is a big part of it. i just feel like im a complete fuck up/cant do anything living up to my expectations. wasting my life, definitely. definitely definitely. i should be out doing such great things, socializing, developing skills, even researching more... uh.... well, useful topics i guess, and getting smarter. i usually get hooked on one topic for a period of time (right now its mbti) and thats kind of all i invest my time, energy and thoughts in. its 8 am n i just woke up so i apologize if i sound dumb and incoherent or something
>>
>>25027882
>>25027875

M 21 ENTP got anything I can add you on would be interesting to talk to a fellow ENTP.
>>
>>25031108
>>25031220
this difference between my crises, i guess, is that mine are a lot about "does any of this matter? probably not"
"why do i stay alive rather than kill myself, if i want to so badly? for the sake of survival? thats the only reason any of us got here, the will to survive for the sake of surviving."
"does any of this exist, or is it a simulation, are we in a lab, are we in a virtual reality (different from a simulation), is this just a testing/learning ground that some higher power has put us here for a reason?"
i could go on, but id rather not, because when i think too much about this stuff i turn into a nut and find it hard to relate to any "normal" person in society
>>
>>25031229
yes pls
do u have skype?
pls have skype
i need an entp too, i can never find any irl
>>
>>25031235
> i can never find any irl
i barely even go into the world though, i dropped out of highschool and still havent got my ged. i wanna go to community college to meet people so im not so miserable, every day is a mundane miserable experience for me right now
>>
>>25031235
if u do not have skype
but that discord thing every 4channer talks about
i could probably make an acc on that, i think i should anyway, it seems everyone has replaced skype with it
>>
>>25031235
I do have Skype but it's got my name in it what's your account name?
>>
>>25031237
>i can never find any irl
its also a relatively uncommon type and i definitely never meet any female entps. all of my friends have been like
estp, esfp, enfp, infp, (a few isfps, but they ended up hating me) and my best friend is an isfj oddly enough
>>
>>25031243
i usually refrain from posting my skype on 4chan but this is soc so whatever

its "neverevertrustme"
lmao
but...... uh.. u can trust me ; )
its pretty much a joke
for the most part
>>
>>25031230
Hahaha ohh man. I can relate. I definitely see the difference between us though, that's pretty cool.
When I start in my "what am i doing with my life" things, it always comes back to money. My family all worked hard and made lots of investments and are pretty well off. Meanwhile I am barely scraping by. All of my interests and passions give me the drive to live but none of them make money. I am content being poor as long as I am happy, but I get a lot of pressure from my family to advance myself and my career. I want to move away and live alone in the mountains. I don't want kids. But then I freak the fuck out because my family has helped me with a lot, and it is terrifying to think that my family line will just end with me. And I will have no one. Once my parents die, there will just be me.

>does any of this exist, or is it a simulation
I hate this one. It always gets me
>>
>>25031257
ahhh man. dont let your senpai get ya down. but thats coming from someone with a hippie enfp mom whos let me do whatever i want my whole life, and can easily be convinced that what im doing is the right thing, LOL.
> I am content being poor as long as I am happy
haha this is such an infp statement

honestly, i can understand being afraid to leave people behind too. i have family in chicago, colorado springs, but mostly kansas city. i live in florida now, and i really long for contact with them, but i dont think i could go back to kc. i wanna live near the mountains too, so maaaybe colorado, ive lived in the mountains in new mexico and arizona and loved it there too. but i really wanna live in seattle, im more about that big city life.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.