[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /soc/'s thought on men in green? do they have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

what's /soc/'s thought on men in green? do they have a shot at a decent relationship?
>>
personally, i would never be in a relationship someone in the military
>>
>>24993177
because of the potential danger they put themselves in or the fact that they'll be away from home quite often?
>>
>>24993171
bump
>>
>>24993183
Because to join the military in this day and age you have to be a braindead moron. Military literally brainwashes you and turns you into an obedient robot. Why would I want to be in a relationship with a robot?
>>
>>24993236
Do you actually know anything about the military? NEET?
>>
>>24993236
Kek. Thats a weak meme, faggot.

>>24993171
I dated a guy after he was out of the army. Dunno if I could handle being with someone who was deployed.
>>
They're good for a fuck and some of them look hot in uniform but nothing more.
>>
Army bro here, army isn't bad. Enjoying myself and I'm not brainwashed. Deployments aren't bad if you signed up for the right job like me: networking, probably won't see combat.
>>
>>24993486
Oh, additionally I've only had two relationships and they lasted 13 months and 18 months respectively.
>>
>>24993257
>>24993276
Nice retorts, cannon fodders.

Now please explain how the military nurtures individualism and encourages free will. I'm sure at boot camp and later on during service the sargeant passes around a suggestion form and you all decide together what to do. Oh yeah, and I'm sure following orders is optional.

Go jump on an IED faggots.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488635192537.jpg (51KB, 870x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488635192537.jpg
51KB, 870x1000px
>>24993502
It's your choice to join, no one will force you to sign the papers. The army lets you pick your job, and in the national guard and reserves, you can pick your duty station. When you re-enlist you can pick any base you want in active. You can decide to sign up for deployments too. After you become a Sergeant, you can decide whether to continue going enlisted or go warrant officer. If you have college you can become an officer. The limits are endless in the military and you can do whatever you set your mind to.

Orders are orders and that's why our military is the strongest force in the world, because it's a set of people you volunteered to be there and are willing to do what it takes to be the 1%. You learn to embrace the suck.

Not everything is about you, guy.
>>
>>24993502
Of course it doesnt. In order for a military to be effective, it has to break down its members and build them up to their standards and orders. It doesnt mean everyone who goes through the military is "brainwashed" as you said. Certainly many many stupid people join the military. But intelligent people do as well, and they are able fo maintain a sense of individualism while also belonging to a collective. You seem pretty feeble minded if you werent able to make these kinds of assertions on your own.
>>
>>24993236
Obviously salty over being a military reject.
>>
>>24993731
No military is only dumb dumbs. They go do the shoot shoot and the pew pew. Nothing more.
>>
>>24993171
I know 3 guys who were military.
>Medic guy got married before deploying, divorced shortly after coming back, possibly cheated on
>Cavalry guy got married before deploying, got divorced shortly after coming back, he's kinda fucked up from it unfortunately
>Paratrooper medic(???) had a relationship with grrl, grrl got arresto'ed for fraud

I dunno what any of it means, but I thought I would share my experience with the thread. All three girls seemed cool enough, although I hear 1 turned into a super shitter and 3 was apparently good at lying so.
>>
If you're going to join, go officer if you can. It's an entirely different life, it doesn't really feel like being in the military at all, unless you're an infantry officer or something.

I suggest aviation.
>>
>>24993502
So that's a yes. Why are you so mad?

Anyway, the military is just a job. Don't do what you're told and you get fired.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.