[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>join dating sites like okcupid >try various methods t

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1367453367199.jpg (93KB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
1367453367199.jpg
93KB, 330x248px
>join dating sites like okcupid
>try various methods to improve my profile and at the very least get some more likes and views
>nothing works
>mfw

At this point I just want to know how to get more views to feed my fragile insecure ego since I am far too beta to bother starting conversations

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/notasandvich

Also other people post your profiles and have people critique them/laugh at them
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/gentlemad

Not the biggest looker, but i'm fairly confident and know how to treat a woman. Gotten laid by 5 different girls since my LTR broke up in november. Still seeing 2 of those, have to choose between the 2 soon.
>>
>>24942815
I liked you, OP.

:)

As for suggestions, I don't know what to tell you. As a female we get the luxury of sitting back and sifting through what we get so I know I don't personally seek out profiles unless I'm really bored.
>>
>>24942815
So i'm going to tell you a few things you may not like. But if you're honestly interested in improving yourself, listen. None of this is meant to be mean, but i won't sugarcoat things.

Took a look at your profile. Your profile just screams insecurities. Stop calling yourself beta. Stop being self-depricating. Women LOVE confidence.

Get over the "im too beta to start a conversation". Seriously. The worst thing that can happen is that you won't get a response. JUST DO IT. Start hunting. Read profiles that sounds interesting. Home in on something you have in common, then say something along the lines of "hey! I saw you liked author X, i read 2 of his books, i especially loved book Y. How about yourself"

If you get more confident, you can make jokes, try getting an initial reaction, etc. Make them laugh. Woman get 100's of messages a day, be the one that stands out. Don't be a creep, never tell them that they are "hot".

Question-wise, your first answer on: "Did you join OkCupid just so you could find people to have sex with?", is so cringeworthy.. It just screams insecurity. Answer the questions for YOU, not what you think/hope women want to hear.
>>
>>24942867
>Took a look at your profile. Your profile just screams insecurities. Stop calling yourself beta. Stop being self-depricating. Women LOVE confidence.

Damn. I worked really hard to try hide that as much as possible. What parts stood out as insecure?

>Question-wise, your first answer on: "Did you join OkCupid just so you could find people to have sex with?", is so cringeworthy.. It just screams insecurity. Answer the questions for YOU, not what you think/hope women want to hear.

I don't even remember answering that. Guess I'll have to leave it blank

Thanks for the advice
>>
>>24942892
The answer itself was fine, it was the comment.

It's not really a specific part, it's the overall tone. I recognize it because i used to be super insecure myself. I worked on my confidence by finding hobbies, finding a tribe of people i fit in with and that helped me a ton.

Work on confidence first, before trying the online dating market. You're going to have to go out of your comfort zone, either way.
>>
>>24942815

You're Peruvian? That's pretty cool. I am too and would definitely mention it in your profile. I know your food touched on it but on my tinder i specifically mention it.
>>
>>24942815
>I am far too beta to bother starting conversations
There's your problem. Chicks don't go blindly looking through profiles, you've got to approach them and then hope you happen to be one of the more interesting profiles/messages they've seen that day. Something along the lines of "hey" probably will not work. The cat in your default pic probably doesn't help either
>>
i don't know about the rest of you, but i'm proof that online dating doesn't work. it's just another way for der ewige juden to get your hard-earned shekels
>>
>>24943246
>The cat in your default pic probably doesn't help either
Really? I thought that would at least get me some views
>>24943320
There are plenty of online dating sites where paying is unnecessary; it all depends on if your good looking enough
>>
>>24943342
i'm using both Match and PoF and i get absolutely nothing. i'm not even going for women out of my league. today i was supposed to meet someone from Match and while she read all of my messages, not once did she respond to me. women are flakes

i was willing to drive out 50+ miles to meet this chick and all i have to show for it is a wasted day. i could have been working instead
>>
Write original messages
>>
>>24943342
I could be wrong about the cat, it's just an opinion from a guys perspective. I don't think having a picture of you and your cat would hurt at all, but Ive found a pic of you in a social situation usually makes a better first impression. A lot of people aren't going to see more than the first pic unless it grabs their interest, so that pic is kind of like saying "I'm really into cats" as your opening line to meet women
>>
>>24942815
pretty nice profile but, "this is all you're going to get" sounds entitled & kind of off-putting. maybe change it to "i'm still working on filling out my profile" or something more neutral?
>>
>>24943367
>today i was supposed to meet someone from Match and while she read all of my messages, not once did she respond to me. women are flakes

Wait. How did you agree to meet with someone if she never responded to any of your messages? Did you just set a time and a place to meet and hoped she'd show up?
>>
>>24943377
Such as? Mind always draws a blank when I try
>>
One last bump. Just looking to find a way to get more views and profile likes; not necessarily for girls to date me
>>
>>24946217
>more views and profile likes
If that's just your goal, change your match search to only online now. Make sure visitors are turn on. View each person, like, and send them a message. Never waste a profile visit/like on someone who isn't online. Generally they'll see the visit, their like counter will increase, then you get a message. If your thumbnail picture is good enough, they'll visit your page to see if you are worth talking to you.
>>
>>24943377
I try to write original messages but they do not sound normal.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.