[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baggage thread You list your good qualities as they relate to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 14

File: Where I keep my feels.jpg (130KB, 1068x601px) Image search: [Google]
Where I keep my feels.jpg
130KB, 1068x601px
Baggage thread

You list your good qualities as they relate to a relationship
then your perceived or acknowledged negative qualities as small, medium and large. People can comment on what's a deal killer or not.

>age/gender/sexuality
40/M/bi-ish

>good stuff
Confident without being overbearing/controlling. Not insecure. (Anymore)
Happy and chill, at peace, so to speak. Live and let live. Reasonable, even-tempered.
I feel like I have my shit together emotionally, domestically, professionally, and financially.
Not a cheater, ever. Not the jealous type at all, but that doesn't mean I tolerate dishonesty.
Not fugly. Drug and disease free. Non-smoker, etc

>small
Not great at dealing with the emotional problems of others. Not a lack of empathy, but it puts me in a bad place if exposed for long periods of time.
I need to work to be social, so I am, but not by nature.
Need personal space at least some time everyday, especially first thing in the morning. Gotta get my coffee before I can handle words, coming or going.
Have 2 cats

>medium
Being 40.
I respond poorly to authority and restraint. No *desire* to get married. Marriage would be doable if practical.
Definitely do not want kids. Probably getting a vasectomy this year. I've dated women with grown kids though.
I don't sleep well with other people in the bed.. Love to cuddle but not while trying to sleep. I cannot shut my brain off if someone is touching me/moving around a lot. I snore sometimes.
I dislike dogs intensely. I don't hate them, I don't want to harm them or see them harmed. I just do not want any dog of any kind in my personal space.

>large
Short (5'5")
Small cock, functional, but small.
Overweight but not super obese, just over the line. But I swing 20-25 lbs back and forth. Thinner and healthier when in a relationship with a motivator (and cook desu)
Submissive in bed. No actual BDSM, dress-up, humil or role-playing. Strap-ons and aggressiveness, basically, but not exclusively.
>>
>>24892494
bumpan
>>
File: Libellulaauripennis.jpg (830KB, 4257x1577px) Image search: [Google]
Libellulaauripennis.jpg
830KB, 4257x1577px
>age/gender/sexuality
25/M/Kinsey 0

>good stuff
Confident. Intelligent. Very fit and healthy. Thoughtful and considerate. Don't take inappropriate shit from anyone. Good looking. Emotionally stable. Good hygiene. Genetically high-quality. Big penis (>8" x >5"). Love most aspects of sex. Independent. Good leader. Good at letting others lead when it's more appropriate. Honest. Loyal. Genuine. Good problem solver. Cuddle master. Amazing cook. Interesting hobbies/interests. Adaptable. Outdoorsy. Unique taste in music.

>small
5'10". Career focused. Emotionally stable to fault. Honest to fault. Bored with people easily. Odd and firm views of the value of human life and its relativity to other life. Introspective, often taken as introversion. Do not handle alcohol well. Allergic to soy. Actual demisexual. Sexually pretty vanilla, mostly because I am always totally satisfied by sex with someone I love. Outdoorsy. Unique taste in music. Eat more than seems possible. Don't wear deodorant.

>medium
Want to adopt 1 kid and have 1 kid. Don't take inappropriate shit from *anyone* (as in, confrontational). Literalist. Won't let go of a problem until it is resolved. Have a dominating personality (as in people I associate with tend to start acting like me).

>large
Demand interactive equality and financial equity in relationship. Demand partner be able to take care of them self (health and otherwise). Trust issues, because only 2 gfs ever cheated on, lied to, and manipulated me to my severe detriment.

>woe is me
>not really life is pretty good
>>
>>24892900
>Don't wear deodorant.
Why not?
>>
>age/gender/sexuality
25/m/straight

>good stuff
uber micro and rich guy
wicked sense of humor
physically attractive

>small
anger issues, I use cheap mice these days because I break 3-5 every year from slamming

>medium
I smoke a pack a week
I like liquor
I get violent sometimes

>large
I've given up on anyone caring about me which is alright because I'll find happiness in the other things in life. To elaborate no family caring, my parents did nothing but push me to succeed. Constant negative reinforcement, no matter how well I did, they always told me I was shit and X family's kid was better. Forced me to be a shutin, this isn't some sort of excuse, I mean they literally locked me in my room, told me I better do well in school or else. Wasn't allowed to have friends, goes without saying wasn't allowed to date, I couldn't even cope with media, TV and computer use was limited to 1 hour a week.

No romantic caring. Once I was able to date, every single girl I've dated has been selfish, vapid, and self absorbed. There's probably going to be two cookie cutter responses which I'll address. The first goes, everyone is selfish, you are too, stop complaining. It's true that people are selfish and that's fine with random people but if you're in a relationship, there should be mutual caring, I always pulled my weight and really cared about them, they never reciprocated. They always said they cared and put on an act but the truth is easy to see after a while. The second goes, where are you finding these girls, it must be you, etc. The picture sums it up, every single girl I've met has said she couldn't believe how bad the past girls were, how could anyone be like that, where am I finding these girls, etc. Then after I got closer to them, they turned out to be the exact same.
>>
>>24893023
I don't wear deodorant but that's not a bad thing. I don't know if it's a clean diet or genetics, as long I shower once a day, I don't have any odor. I'll have some of that salty skin smell by the end of the day but that's not noticeable even close up let alone through clothes.
>>
>>24893023
I dislike the way it feels in my armpit hair and the way it smells, I actually like the way I smell without it, and only very infrequently (<10 people in my life since I stopped wearing it like 8 years ago) does anyone actually communicate to me that I smell bad, or even at all.

I see no net benefit to wearing it.
>>
>>24893051
You can shave your armpit hair. If you're truly have a dominating personality, you won't care if anyone thinks it's gay and will do whatever is best for yourself. Baking soda is a good deodorant alternative. Even though I don't need deodorant, something is needed to reduce odor if you want to get multiple wears out of the same shirt. Multiple wears isn't to be gross, it's that ironing dress shirts is a pain, so it's best to get as many wears out of one before a wash as possible.
>>
>>24893068
I don't like wearing it and I'm not concerned with whether or not other people think it's gross - which is why I don't wear it. I also like my armpit hair and have no intentions of shaving it. So despite that practically what I do diverges from what you suggest (shaving my armpits) it still exists in line with your assessment of what a dominating personality would do (which is, do "what's 'best' for me, and whatever to the dissenters".

Even if I did shave my pits, though, I wouldn't be concerned if people started thinking I'm gay. It wouldn't change the fact that I am heterosexual, nor would it change the interpretations of the people who have interacted or will interact with me in that regard.
>>
>stuff
26/f/gay

>good stuff
Outgoing.
Caring/motherly.
Confident.
Reasonably intelligent.
Make decent money for my age and have a decent place.
Adventurous and like to have unconventional fun and explore.
I like to think Im pretty cute and reasonably intelligent.
I'm petite and fit.
Can cook like a pro!
I'm told i'm a sweetheart a lot!
I have my own hobbies and interests.

>small
I'm pretty messy
I have one crooked tooth when i smile because i didn't fricken wear my fricken retainer. fricken frick.
I'm super picky about a lot of small stuff.

>medium
I have some pretty extreme sexual desires and fetishes.
And I don't shave. My crotch or my armpits.

>large
I alternate between clingy and independent. I want to be with you all the time for a month, and then i need a week to just be alone and not say a word to anyone. Literally i don't talk to or see anyone. It's really difficult for people not to take that personally and i totally get it.. but i still need it.

>huge
When i was 22 i got engaged to my dream woman, but i'm not any longer. A big part of my heart stays with her, and ive found out it's really hard to juggle those feelings and feelings for someone new.
I go to therapy for the above.
I drink a lot on a handful of days out of the year because of the above.
>>
>>24893030
We could get along, xox.
>>
>age/gender/sexuality
21/m/straight

>good stuff
Appreciate the little things in life. Easy to talk to, very understanding. Kind, compassionate, lot of love to give. Can be pretty sweet and romantic. Love company. Love trying new things. Intelligent, love all levels of discussion from casual to deep. Have plenty of things I like doing even if I don't always have the time, money, or energy. Kinda creative. Have a nice voice. Good sense of humor, I like making people laugh. I keep my facial and body hair well maintained. Great at eating pussy. Decent sized dick with good girth, can go for hours. High sex drive. Ideal date night would be snuggling on a picnic blanket under the stars on a warm summer night, with music and weed. Don't really like alcohol, just a personal preference.

>small
5'9", 130lbs, slender nerd body type. (Tight stomach though.) Metabolism keeps me small. I smoke weed but I don't smell like it all the time or anything. Disorganized. Teeth aren't great, but clean. Looks wise I'd say I'm kinda niche. I've had a few people think I'm real hot but I think the vast majority wouldn't think much of me.

>medium
Anxiety, don't like big groups. Like the idea of marriage and kids but not focused on it. Not very good at social anything. Anger issues, can get loud and intimidating, but I don't get violent. Bad sleep habits but I still get to work on time. Weak sense of self worth and self esteem. Can get kinda clingy at times, other times I need more space. Sometimes the most random little things will piss me off. Care too much about some things, too little about others.Tend to give up on things too easily when frustrated.

>large
Poor, depend on bus service to get to work. Eccentric. Somewhat unstable. Had a shitty empty childhood, dad didn't love me, etc, often haunted by the past. Just got out of a one year relationship, she kept the apartment, staying with family while I build my savings back up. Tend to swing between depressive and manic.
>>
>>24894730
>lesbian
>weirdly mental about closeness in relationships
>lowkey depraved

are you me?
>>
then your perceived or acknowledged negative qualities as small, medium and large. People can comment on what's a deal killer or not.

>age/gender/sexuality
32 m virgin los angeles

kik: zsasza

>good stuff
awesome human being
very wise
funny
dependable
mature and established
relatively well endowed (no one knows teehee)
too many good qualities to list imo

>small
not tall, im 5'7
not ripped but not overweight. skinny-fat. dad bod os. i work out
not that young. im 32

>medium
looks would be rated anywhere from 4-7 depending on how much youre into it. i think im a 6 and always have and will
pretty distinguishing features, i dont have a subtle face
bald but i keep it close anyway so w/e
im ultra confident in social situations to the point that im perfectly happy flaunting norms left and right
can give off the wrong vibe to those who dont know me but im pretty normal really!
can be quiet/introverted

>large
32 yr old virgin, think i would be good in bed tho especially with practice
not into monogamy
dont want to live with a woman
dont want to financially support anyone besides small stuff
>>
>>24892494
I like this thread OP.

>age/gender/sexuality
24, female, straight

>good stuff
Very caring and kind, motherly. I put a lot of effort into making people I love happy.
Mildly intelligent and knowledgeable. I am curious, I find pretty much everything interesting.
I know what I want.
I'm domestic - I cook well, I keep my house tidy and clean, I even make the bed most days.
Fairly cute face.
Straight-forward.
Relatively wise.
Tend to form long term relationships/friendships.
Relatively healthy lifestyle.
Problem solver.

>small
Curvy. I'm not fat, but I'm muscular. I don't look small and petite.
Not too feminine.
A bit mean. When I get comfortable around someone, I am often pretty rude and mean to them.
Dark sense of humour in general.
I worry too much.
Love debating, will totally trigger people to make them argue with me.
Serious when it comes to sex/relationships.

>medium
Introverted as hell.
Picky.
I like the idea of doing things more than ACTUALLY doing them. I often just lose interest halfway through stuff.
Not so empathetic.
I cannot listen to people's problem without trying to solve them.
Purposely annoying.

>large
Genetic disease.
History of depression (which is mostly under control)
>>
the win
> mature and wise
> job title is 'professor'
> support myself, live alone
> IMO a big one here is that I've lived.. I've had struggles and challenges in life and have overcome most of them.. some I'm still working on. I just find that when life glides and doesn't challenge one they tend to look at life much differently.
> biggest hobby is vidya
> love watching sports
> like camping, hiking, fishing
> make a huge effort to communicate well with others
> selfless
> caring, huge heart
> don't have children
> attractive, above average but not mind blowing
> very down to earth
> fucks are only given to things that really matter
> female
> single (lol)

the bad bad badd
> drink too much
> drugs (and no I dont just smoke weed)
> dealing with grief that is ruining me
> spending too much money
> had a long relationship end badly
> won't ever want to get 'married' but want someone forever

the bad bad
>diagnosed and medicated depression/anxiety
>needy in the clingy sense. want clingy and want to be clingy
>won't move far away so I can be close to help family

bad..
>dont work out
>eat whatever
>can be hurt pretty easily

this was way harder than I exepected.. it's really hard to rank the bad.
>>
>>24895756
I dunno. that depends. are you...me? If you're me then i'm definitely probably you also!

but yah, i don't know why, i just run out of social energy and need to recharge for a while. ive always been like that, even as a kid.

what about you? why are you mental?

also
>lowkey depraved
there's nothing lowkey about it! this thread just didn't require details!
>>
>>24896348
I have to ask.. genetic disease? Details?

Otherwise, are you fun? Like if you're doing something with someone, do you generally enjoy activities more and retain interest?

What kind of stuff are you picky about?

Do you work out and stuff?
>>
>>24896423
I have an autoimmune disease. I was diagnosed with it when I was a child, it sucked growing up but now it is mostly under control. I can do pretty much everything I want, but I get tired easily and I get sick a lot.

I don't think I'm too bad to be around. I do get bored halfway through stuff even if I do those with someone else, but I try to not act like a bitchy kid and stay interested out of respect for people who do it with me.

I'm picky about everything but food. Clothes and make up, objects, media.
I am absolutely picky about people, too - especially when it comes to choosing a partner. I don't like anybody.
I can't go halfway, I either get obsessed over something or don't like it at all.

And yes, I work out, moderately - I run when the weather is decent, I go swimming, I like hiking, I go kayaking with my mom (but that's mostly for her, I kind of dislike it).

What do you do? What's your favourite thing to cook?
>>
>>24896480

Humm, you sound like youre quiet or stoic in general. Active and outdoorsy. You seem like good people! And you arent' picky, you just know what you like! That's what i always say. i think thats mostly a good quality in others.

I'm a dog walker for a living. For now its treating me well enough. its fun and pretty easy and i get to travel around the area and meet neat peeps, all without actually having to walk dogs of leashes around the city which im sure would be a nightmare job.

my favorite things to make are probably cinnamon raisin oatmeal bread, peanut butter cookies, and anything chicken. I love the smell of chicken roasting.
>>
>>24896348
Op, here. I thought this thread died. Since you're the only straight female:

All of the >small ones are no problem whatsoever

>medium
>Introverted as hell
I'd prefer someone who is a bit more outgoing than me because two introverts seem to feed off of each other but it's not huge
>Not so empathetic
That's very vauge. Could be a problem could not be. Depends on how it manifests itself.
>I cannot listen to people's problem without trying to solve them
Said every guy, ever. Welcome to the club

>large
>Genetic disease.
That is interesting. Not necessarily a deal killer but it seems like a LOT of women I meet have serious health issues. Odd. Maybe I've just dated a lot of broken women.
>History of depression (which is mostly under control)
This could likely be a deal killer eventually. I have some experience with this and it's one of the most trying things I've ever had to deal with.
>>
>>24896536
I'm pretty quiet, you're right. I wish I was a bit more stoic :P
Thank you anyway, you seem like a good person too.

>And you arent' picky, you just know what you like!
It's terrible tho! Because I reject people a lot, I hate 90% of the gifts people make me (and I am not even good at lying about it), and I'm just a huge fucking bitch.

Cinnamon raisin oatmeal bread sounds so fucking tasty, huge fan of cinnamon. And moderately healthy. Give me the recipe!

>>24896615
>I'd prefer someone who is a bit more outgoing than me because two introverts seem to feed off of each other but it's not huge
I actually cannot date extroverts, it's annoying as fuck. Introverts are cool, as long as they're not the socially awkward kind.

>That's very vauge. Could be a problem could not be. Depends on how it manifests itself.
I have to make a conscious effort to be empathetic. It's not natural to me. So if I'm pissed, tired, annoyed or just uninterested I don't manage to understand people's feeling, and I can be really insensitive.

Both my mental and physical health are under control, I rarely (if ever) have to deal with symptoms anymore. But yeah, dealing with depressed people isn't easy at all.
>>
>>24896649
>I have to make a conscious effort to be empathetic

I literally don't have empathy. That's what I meant when I said "emotionally stable to fault". People get pissed if I don't apologize and feel bad when bad stuff (that has literally nothing to do with me) happens to them. Why the hell would I apologize that your tortoise died? I'm fucking 400mi away, clearly I didn't do it! I also keep all of my other emotions pretty well under check, so people think of me as a robot, sort of.

I don't see a problem with it, though - it prevents me from making decisions based on my feelings when to do so would be inappropriate.
>>
>>24896780
Have you looked into what it means to be a sociopath? Might give you some clarity. That whole "I'm better than most people because I am this way"thing can lead you down a dark path.
>>
>>24896780
I definitely do feel bad about not being empathetic. I don't want to hurt people's feelings inadvertently.
Empathy for me isn't something intuitive, natural but it is a conscious choice.
I have to break down people's emotions in my head and just try to understand what's going on with them. But I make a huge effort to be empathetic, understanding, and supportive, and shit like that.

It has some pros, for sure - I am great in stressing situations, I don't feel huge stress, I don't panic. But it's not the best, socially, especially in romantic relationships.
>>
>>24896784
Yah, I show some sociopathic tendencies. But if you think that I think I'm better than anyone because I lack empathy and keep my emotions in check, you're making a lot of unfounded assumptions that you have no justification to make.

Lacking empathy is only dangerous if you're violent or think problems can be solved with violence. Having strict emotional control tempers that danger even more because even were I violent I can stand back from a situation and recognize that the risk, and cost of consequence after investing with violence is greater than the payoff in essentially all circumstances.

>>24896792
I make a huge effort to be understanding (actually, imo, lack of empathy helps with this, because if you let someone else's emotions affect the way you perceive a situation you will be more likely to perceive it the same way they do... and thus only understand part of the problem, as opposed to the whole problem), and supportive, but I do not make an effort to be empathetic.

This goes both ways too. If I actually do get upset about something, I dislike it when people are empathetic towards me... if you want to help, help me solve the problem that has made me emotional... if I can't solve the problem, your seeing the problem from my perspective isn't going to help solve the problem.
>>
>>24896829
probability of failure*cost > probability of success*payoff
if true, then don't do the thing.

if you make every important decision in your life based on this you will be a successful person.

(probably not true in every case, but overwhelmingly mostly)
>>
>>24896829
>But if you think that I think I'm better than anyone because I lack empathy and keep my emotions in check, you're making a lot of unfounded assumptions that you have no justification to make.

I suggested that it can lead to that

Based on some of what you said here:

>>24896780
>I don't see a problem with it, though - it prevents me from making decisions based on my feelings when to do so would be inappropriate.

It was a warning with a suggestion, really.
>>
>>24896829
Sometimes I just wish I had some comforting thing to say, or some kind, uplifting words.
I come off as really insensitive most of the time, and it makes me sad. I wish I was a bit better at "coddling" people, sometimes. I have this really annoying "fixer" approach to other people's life and I hate that about myself.

I do appreciate empathy, on the other hand. I don't think it helps me, but it makes me feel less lonely.
>>
>>24896840
Fair enough. Warning acknowledged, but unnecessary.

I have known that I am not dangerous to people or society for some time.

Just curious, though: how do you equate my not seeing a problem with lacking empathy to me thinking I'm better than other people?

Those sentiments are separated from one another by at least two degrees as far as I can tell.
>>
>>24896851
You can be encouraging without being empathetic. Hell you can even recognize that someone else's situation sucks without empathy. I wouldn't see your "fixer" approach as annoying. If I go to someone for help that's exactly what I want. Help me fix the problem, don't just agree with that it's a problem and feel my feelings... that's useless :P
>>
>>24896852
It's the thought process. Believing that a lack of empathy for other people is OK and that it gives you an advantage is decision making is what I was getting at.

Considering the things you do and the effect it can have on others is important. Even if you don't actually care because like it or not you are part of society.

I don't mean that it makes you dangerous. Being a sociopath and being a Psychopath are completely different. I get that.

It just fosters that, "there is me and the way I am, and then everyone else" mentality that can pull you away from other people and while you might not get lonely it will isolate you and push you further down the rabbit hole of "me vs. them". That can lead all kinds of places.
>>
>>24896863
Also meant to say that even "true" sociopaths can learn empathy even if they don't "feel" it.
>>
>>24896863
Ahhh, I see. You have misunderstood my world view then.

I think lacking empathy is a good thing because it allows me to solve problems (including problems that other people may have) more objectively. Emotional responses exacerbate problems more often than not; non-emotional responses are a better approach if your goal is actually to help.

It's not that I don't care about other people, it's that I care in a different way than most people do. It's also not that I think it gives me an advantage (because that implies a comparative to the situations of others) - again I'm not trying to be, and I don't think that I am "better" than other people, I think that my lacking empathy is a good thing because it allows me to be better (compared to *myself* in the otherwise) at doing actually functionally good and useful things, both for other people and purposes. Sometimes people's feelings get hurt, but that is a minuscule consequence compared to the relative good that the approach does.

Oversimplified, I see it as like being a professional "decision maker" and lacking a condition that would represent a functional conflict of interest, as opposed to possessing the condition, which is the norm.

An exacerbation of the "me v.s. them" mentality can indeed be a bad thing, but first the person has to fee it's "me v.s. them" - I don't feel that way. It's more like "me & them" and "their" approach isn't wrong (especially under the context of human needs) but it is more likely to lead to decisions based on more than just facts and reasoning.
>>
>>24894793
I was on my phone yesterday so my id is going to be different. Anyway, I have no idea why you responded. you must not have seen the part where I said I give up. I give up means I give up, no more, no less. It's not a excuse to cry for attention. Did you also not see the part where I said every single girl I've met has acted like she was different then turned out to be the same? You're falling right into that pattern by thinking we would get along.
>>
>>24896912
As an example, take national policy towards refugee succor: (again, oversimplified) emotionally-fueled responses to the issue include, among others, "refugees can include terrorists, and terrorists are awful so we should not allow refugees, even though most are not terrorists" and "refugees are trying to escape tyranny, and tyranny is awful, so we should allow refugees, even though genuine terrorists might posture and get through". These represent probably the two most normal emotional approaches (based on political ideology) to the problem. My approach would be "considering the situation for Syrian refugees' lives, and considering the proportion of refugees that enact terror attacks, with a slight increase given the fact that terrorists may be seeking to take advantage of this opportunity, the average frequency of terror attacks, and the average number of people hurt or killed in terror attacks, it is better, at least in terms of the number of lives that will be lost/saved to offer succor to refugees".
>>
>>24896914
no one said that person was a girl
not even that person
it's probably another guy who identifies with your sentiment and said you would get along based on that
>>
>>24896919
Did you not see the xox. There's a tiny chance that they're a gay male and not a girl but what they're definitely not is a straight male who identifies with what I said.

I'd rather not talk to you any further based on your post history. This isn't an insult or a snub because it's not from any dislike or hostility. You're posting in a formulaic robotic way which doesn't make for an enjoyable chat.

I also don't mean to be condescending. It probably doesn't matter to you that I find your posting manner boring which is ok but it might matter to you if girls find it boring because meeting a girl is likely your motivation for posting in the thread. I apologize if I'm wrong but it seems to me that you're posting the way you are as a way of showing girls how smart you are. The problem is, instead of making you look smart, it only comes off as mental masturbation and lacking social awareness. Like I said, I'm not trying to insult you, I have no reason to believe that you're not smart. It's that if you are smart and want to use that to get girls, the way to go about it is to either apply it to the social end and be able to deal with girls on a level where you vibe or to apply it to your career and humble brag about how well you do.

That said, girls aren't worth it in the first place and the biggest efficiency isn't about how to best get girls, it's to stop caring altogether. That said, wanting girls is a strong natural urge that can't be explained away with logic. The only way to stop caring is to get burned a few times or a lot of times depending on how stubborn you are.
>>
>>24896996
Not the guy you're actually replying to, but xox poster. You're wrong about everything.
>>
>>24897003
I'll be gone for 7-8 hours but feel free to tell me why I'm wrong and I'll respond when I get back.
>>
>>24896996
I did not see the xox; it is possible that that poster is a homosexual male, or still possible that it is a heterosexual male trying to be humorous, or even something else that I can't identify.

I'm not offended and don't think you're being condescending, I don't know why I would for either. My writing is objectively very formulaic, literal, and precise - it's habitual and comes from a background in writing for scientific publication, and has nothing to do with appealing or affronting to others. It's just not useful to adopt another writing style because I only every write for either grants of publication, and being not formulaic, literal, and precise is seen as poor-quality writing in science, and will earn you no funding and you will not get your science published.

Interacting with me in person is somewhat different in that the varying degrees of my engagement in the interaction, and usually how much I enjoy the interaction are perceptible.

I see why you would interpret that I was trying to get attention from women, though, based on the content of my first post. I saw this thread as more of a discussion about the things we like and dislike about ourselves than a means of attracting someone of the opposite sex (imo, if you're a male legitimately trying to attract someone of the opposite sex on 4chan you're kind of hopeless).
>>
>>24897031
*I only ever write for either grants or publication*

wew

I fugged that up something fierce.
>>
Holy shit, this thread's stil alive? Damn
>>
>>24897131
Bumpan

Need more women in here. Lawd knows they got baggage.
>>
>>24898072
Of course they have baggage. They're fucking retarded. Artificial wombs can't get here soon enough, then we can be done with them.
>>
>age/gender/sexuality
19/F/Straight(?)

>good stuff
I work with shelter animals, smart (or at least so I'm told), fantastic cook, very self sufficient, not extremely materialistic, usually rated about an 8.5/10, I can talk with anyone pretty easily, good at making others laugh

>small
I work with shelter animals, so I've seen some nightmare fuel shit. Good and bad quality, bit of a double edged sword ya know? it's made me a bit jaded to how the word views/treats them. Not exactly your stereotypical raging animal rights activist, but I definitely pick fights with people over it sometimes, when I drink with friends I give random homeless people with pets the number to the local free spay neuter clinic, call animal control when I see dogs left in warm cars, etc

>medium
I was raped when I was 17 by my first boyfriend, still have anxiety around that and weird issues around sex

>large
I have BPD, so you kinda know all that goes along with that. Fun fun
>>
>>24898906
You seem like someone I might enjoy talking to. Baggage you've got isn't anything I haven't dealt with before. Interested in chatting?
>>
>>24898906
You seem really great :S Are you fat?
>>
>age/gender/sexuality
22/F/Bi (most relationships are with men)

>good stuff
I care about making my partner happy. I will do things they like, interact with their interests and show interest myself.
I'm fairly attractive.
I'm educated and take a logical approach to problems.
I tend to by quite motherly, with advice and help. More mature than most people I know.

>small
I'm self-conscious about my size. I'm not massive, but I'd prefer my tummy to be smaller.
I tend to shy away from social interactions at times, and love to be around anyone I don't know at other times. Not much of a middle road.

>medium
I'm very passive, and passive-aggressive at times. I let others make my decisions, usually delaying a solution.
I had sexual trauma early in life that's affected me, making me wary of refusing sexual advances.
I'm a little addicted to sexting, and have a past of showing myself off. (Please don't ask to see.)

>large
I've got a fear of commitment regarding marriage.
I've a long history of anxiety disorder and depression.

Let's see how this goes...
>>
>>24899425
What're your hobbies and interests?
>>
>>24899477
That'd be another one of my flaws: I don't seem to have any. I love pop culture, but that's about it.
>>
>>24892494
Almost none of your negatives are negatives to me. I don't want kids, don't like dogs, and prefer short chubby dudes.

>>24892900
There isn't much that screams "red flag" at me from these, other than you not wearing deodorant. No matter how much you don't think you smell, you do. And if you're cool with it, that's fine, but hygiene is important to me.

>>24893030
I wouldn't go near you. Even your "small" baggage is large to me.

>>24894730
The hot and cold clingy/independent thing would bother me if there was no communication, but as long as you told me you needed space for you and not because of something I did or is wrong with us, I'd understand.

>>24895628
You seem like a chill dude. Hope things pick up for you soon.

>>24899425
None of yours are deal breakers for me, other than the passive-aggression. But as long as you put in the effort to communicate, I'd try to be understanding.
>>
26/f/into everyone

>The Good:
- great at baking cookies
- super funny
- cute
- financially stable and good at managing money
- generous
- good listener

>Small Baggage:
- watch too much TV
- have a lot of hobbies that take up space (comics, board games, figures, etc)
- vegetarian

>Medium Baggage:
- don't like driving, so I walk or take public transit almost everywhere
- don't want kids
- have a shitty ex so we have to avoid one coffee shop in town

>Large Baggage:
- have no real relationship with my family, and I have no desire to have one with my partner's
- messy (not dirty. I just have a bad habit of not putting things away when I'm done with them)
- not sure if I ever want to live with a partner, and if I did, I'd still want to have my own room
>>
>>24899328
yeah sure. Do you have kik?

>>24899343
No, I'd say more average. I used to be fairly in shape and was running regularly, but since I took a break I've got a little tummy pudge so I'm getting back into it
>>
>>24899519
>not sure if I ever want to live with a partner, and if I did, I'd still want to have my own room
Woah, that suddenly got deep.
Is there a reason why that's an issue? All other stuff is not that big desu.
>>
>>24899542
What issues do you have around sex? And how extreme is your BPD?
>>
20/f/Bi

>Good Baggage:
-Good listener
-Independent
-Has goals
-Has a cat
-Likes Adventure
-Honest Af

>Small Baggage
-Works 60hr weeks lel
-Naps often
-Bad at responding to messages

>Medium Baggage
-I don't like children nor want them
-Impulsive and Blunt
-Cigarette Smoker

Large Baggage:
-Picky
-Lack of empathy
>>
>>24899567
I don't like sharing a bed or even really sleeping in the same room as someone else. Along with that, I like having a space that is specifically mine. It lets me have a place to put all of my hobby stuff, leave it a bit messy if I want (and not have to feel bad about making someone else exist around it), and is an easy way to let someone know that I want some "me" time. That kind of also extends to my entire living situation. I'm sure it also comes from being an only child.

I honestly don't view it as a negative thing, but I know a lot of people do.
>>
>>24896348
No deal breakers for me.
>>
24/M/Straight

>Good Stuff
Career Firefighter/EMT
Homeowner
Have a timeshare in Mexico
Good cook
Fairly funny, but it depends on the day

> small
I try to be romantic, but it never quite pans out the way I want it to
I live in the middle of nowhere
I play too many video games
I'm in decent shape, but not as fit as I'd like to be

> Medium
My house is small and kinda crappy
I can't afford to go to Mexico anymore, so I just give away my time there for a Christmas present
Used to have a drinking problem, so I try to avoid booze (PTSD better after I saw a therapist, so not an issue anymore)

> BIG
Single father
Can be at work for 72+ hours a week
My parents watch my daughter when I'm at work, so I'm a little too close to them
>>
>>24899639
How old is your daughter?
>>
>>24899643
She's 4
>>
>>24899645
It's really admirable that you take care of her, it must be a lot of work.
And being close to your parents isn't a bad thing, at all.

How's working as a firefighter? Do you like it?
>>
>>24899667
I enjoy it, but I wish I had more time with my daughter. Tried looking for a job that wouldn't have me at work so much, but I'd take a huge drop in pay and not be able to keep my house
>>
24/F/I don't like saying pan but it's the closest thing I guess.

Good
>Kind, witty, creative, independent, open minded, approachable
>Mentally stable and not the crying type
>Steady income and realistic goals
>Big boobies

Small
>Chubby. Not fat but I have a lil donut tummy and thighs that could crush a skull.
>Frizzy thick blonde hair. I mean it doesn't usually turn anyone off or anything but I really hate it lol
>Immature tendencies. I'm independent but I have this thing where I sometimes talk like a baby and try to use puppy eyes to get away with everything. I call it the youngest child syndrome
>Corn intolerance lol

Medium
>Quick to get bored. Find it hard to stay happy in a relationship without constant movement.
>Attention issues. Can't read a book all the way through or watch a movie without getting very restless. This is something my ex lovers have all hated because it also means I'm forever changing my mind and I take a long time to reply to messages.
>Major extrovert

Large
>I used to be a massive slut. Just kidding, I still am :/
>Probably gonna ghost you.
>Been abused before in a relationship. Nobody wants to deal with that.
>>
>>24899519
The not wanting to live with a partner would be a dealbreaker for me. Being in separate rooms is preferable though imo.

>>24899590
Lack of empathy would be a dealbreaker for me.

>>24899639
Sadly, I'm a cold hearted bastard who can't stand children.

>>24899701
S-sorry, can't handle the attention issues.

And now after responding to people, I'm gonna put my baggage next.
>>
>>24900101
>Age/gender/sexuality
20/F/bi

>good stuff
I'm reasonably cute.
I have a nice figure.
People think I'm funny.
I have a passable amount of intelligence.
I'm an okay singer.

>Small
I'm doing an English degree.
I can be slightly clingy/possessive.
I don't exercise much and I have a poor diet.
I have a really stupid sounding laugh.
I'm almost completely silent around people I don't know well.
I'm a short fuck (5'2").

>Medium
I have a worryingly close relationship with my books.
I'm a femdom.
I can't stand kids.
I have a cat.
My favourite video game is Skyrim.
I listen to electro swing unironically.
I have a whole host of medical issues in my family line, a few of which I already have e.g. depression, blood disorders, bad eyesight etc.
Can't cook very well.

>Large
Sad backstory.
Shitty relationship with my parents.
Stubborn.
Probably never going to earn a large salary and have no desire to.
Can't drive and will never learn.
Would prefer to work part time.
Am sick at least once a fortnight.
>>
>>24900101
Most girls think it's cute that I'm raising a kid on my own, but when they realize that means I can't be paying attention to them 24/7 they leave. I don't blame you either. Other people's kids are awful.
>>
>>24899519
Only problem is with being messy. If I have to go around the house to get your dishes and trash you left around I'll go nuts. However if it's just like you take a DVD case off the shelf and don't put it back, I can't complain. I do the same.
>>
>>24900140
Sounds good really. Femdom's the only mild drawback imho. Not the dealbreaking kind of thing
>>
>>24899542
I do, my kik is matrick310.
>>
>>24899599
Was not an only child, but I can understand this. I had this the one time I lived with a significant other.
>>
>>24900466
>>24900140
Femdom sure isn't a drawback for me. Overall sounds like somebody I could relate to and get along well with.
>>
>>24899639
Kid is the dealbreaker, though there are a few other things that make me think we wouldn't match well.

>>24899701
If I knew ahead of time you had a reputation for ghosting people, I don't think I'd be able to date you.

>>24900140
None of your stuff is a dealbreaker, and over half of it, we have in common, haha.

>>24900452
No, I'm not dirty. That's gross. The most I have for dishes is a cup of tea from the night before in my room, and I take that out in the morning when I make a new one. But yeah, I'll take out comics and not put them back in the drawer, do half of a craft and leave the stuff out for a couple of days before I finish it, etc.

>>24900566
Gives me hope that there are people who understand.
>>
>>24899499
One can be hygienic and smell like a human at the same time - actually, if we're speaking technically, not wearing deodorant is more hygienic because there is some weak evidence that wearing it causes or exacerbates some health conditions, but I get what you were saying. I definitely do have a smell - wouldn't argue against that, like I said I think I smell good - but I would bet that it's a lot less offensive than you apparently think. I shower daily (use Mrs. Meyers Clean day lavender dish soap as body and hair soap because it smells amazing, cleans amazing, doesn't dry my skin, and is like 95% biodegradable or something), and I have to practically stick my nose right in my armpit to smell my scent.

Again, very few people have ever told me I smell bad, and a few (maybe, like 4 or 5) people have even told me I smell nice. Both my exes loved putting their face right in my armpit and just sniffing (to this date I get a little turned on by the idea of someone doing this) - although, to be fair, this probably has something to do with MHC.

It seems somewhat like the distinction you make yourself between being "messy" and "dirty".

But, what would you consider that a "red flag" for?
>>
>>24900889
>I have to practically stick my nose right in my armpit to smell my scent.

Because you're used to it. You smell it 24/7, so you can't really smell yourself. It's the same way that when you first walk onto a farm, it smells like cow shit, but 30 minutes later, you don't smell the shit anymore. Your brain filters out smells that you smell constantly.

Again, it's your body, and as long as you're happy, I'm glad. I'm not telling you to wear deodorant if you don't like it. I just wouldn't be able to date you. I put "red flag" in quotes because I was trying to use the term quite loosely. I don't think you're a bad person for not wearing deodorant, but I would be ashamed to go places with you or be in groups of people or with family knowing that you are sharing your odour with everyone.
>>
>>24901016
Fair enough, olfactory fatigue is a demonstrated phenomenon.

Although that seems to me like a silly thing to feel shame over. I'm not even ashamed, and I'm the person who you imply smells offensively (without having ever actually smelled me) :P
>>
>>24901046
I've met plenty of people over the years who don't wear deodorant and think they smell fine. None of them ever do.
>>
>>24901164
Do you like, sniff them suspiciously or something?

In my personal experience some people are just oversensitive to the smell of people.
>>
27/f/bi

>good stuff
i'm submissive and filthy as fuck.
i can cook alright, and i bake pretty well.
i'm extremely patient, i don't get overly frustrated when i lose at video games and have fun even when i'm losing sometimes.
financially independent.

>small stuff
i smoke weed literally every day, may be a good thing for you stoners out there but it's definitely a vice for me.
i have 2 cats.
i'm a bit messy.

>medium stuff
i have pretty bad anxiety and depression. taking meds & seeking therapy for it.
i don't have the best hygiene habits if i'm not planning on seeing anyone, will clean up good though when i know i'm going to see people.
i'm fat.
introverted/shy

>large stuff
i'm a bit of a slut. polyamorist at best, serial monogamist at worst.
i have seizures so i can't drive.
i can get super clingy and need constant validation.
i pick at my skin so there are scars and wounds all over.
i don't want kids.
i have no drive or ambition, probably a result of my mental illness.
>>
Do you have a kik??
>>
>>24901324

who are you asking
>>
>>24901199
I don't sniff them, no, but I can smell them when they're standing or sitting next to me.

I don't think I'm oversensitive to smells at all.

Obviously we aren't going to see eye-to-eye on this, which is why I consider it a dealbreaker in the first place. But I'm sure you'll find someone who doesn't care about your lack of deodorant.

>>24901309
Smoking weed every day is a dealbreaker for me, so is the lack of personal hygiene.
>>
>>24899570
>What issues do you have around sex?
Lots of fucked up kinks, either crazy high sex drive or even being touched pisses me off, things like that.

>how extreme is your BPD
enough for me to be hospitalized several times and on strong medication long term. I drink a lot and split like crazy
>>
>>24901331

You, 27.f.bi 2 cats, bit messy. We have more than a bit in common
>>
>>24901395

if you post your kik i will add you
>>
>>24901405

kik - maxjenius81
>>
>>24901487

i asked him about this in our kik chat, he said he copied and pasted to reference mine, not to say he was that.
>>
>>24901487

why do you have a post from over a year ago screenshot?
>>
>>24901506

whoa what the hell
do you have a stalker
>>
>>24901499
Ah, fair enough.

>>24901506
I just recognised your username, so I googled it. Sorry. Not trying to start anything!
>>
>>24901520

youre fine, i thought you kept like detailed records and was really impressively confused.
>>
>age/gender/sexuality
20/M/Straight

>good stuff
I'm extremely honest and never lie.
People say I'm attractive but I definitely feel like its more of a "type" thing than a general "I look good" thing.
I'm extremely intelligent.
I try my best to keep an open mind because I've met a lot of people with a lot of different interests and viewpoints.
I think almost any problem can be solved with co-operation so as a partner, I never reject communication.

>small
I'm impatient and get distracted quickly.
I'm kinda underweight so I'm not exactly physically fit but I am athletic (I run track and figure skate).

>medium
I don't like social events like parties or group dates, etc. I like one on one time.
I'm incredibly shy around people I don't know so I don't talk to people I haven't met before.
I'm honest to a fault and can be offensive sometimes because I'm bad at gauging other peoples' sensitivities.

>large
I'm really clingy and really like spending large amounts of time (like a couple hours or more everyday) with people.
I have trouble understanding people because I wasn't really able to talk to others (I'm in immigrant) until the time I was in Grade 3 so I was really delayed socially. Now I always try to think about others logically but have trouble understanding what people expect unless they tell me.
>>
>>24901549
Oh I forgot, under medium, I'm also a picky eater and really like fast food so I eat it like 5 times per week.
>>
>age/gender/sexuality
20 male straight

>good stuff
tall, blonde, relitivley decent looking, above average benis, relitivley strong
generally very handy, carpentry, plumbing , electrical, basic automotive, masonry, landscaping, some heavy machenery operation etc
no debt, 10-12k in the bank , vehicles paid off, good credit
urge to learn , even if its little stuff that il never use in my life,
lots of work experience
good worker , dont do things half assed,
have a job i love
work experience in the field i want to be in
generally caring if im close to you
try to not let bad shit ruin my tomorrow
close with family
willing to help others
can cook/enjoy cooking
have my own hobbies

>bad stuff
no college degree
job isnt a long term deal, probably wont move up in the exact job im working,
not very social,/ dont go out much other than work
dont drink, smoke , drugs ( this leads to being less social )
still living with family ( though im still young)
quiet , not a great conversationalist unless i genuinely enjoy who im talking to
can be clingy when i get close with people
still a virgin because im a pussy

have a temper, though not very often also will very occationally have days where i feel like shit and just mope
struggled with anxiety for years, though had it under control for the past 5, still stress stupid shit and let it ruin my day occationally, also wont ever be able to speak publically
>>
>>24901164
But you wouldn't know about the ones who don't wear deodorant and don't smell, because you wouldn't be able to tell... without asking you'd just assume they wear deodorant. They could be equally as abundant, or even more so, and you'd have no idea. This would fall under confirmation bias.
>>
>>24895628
seems like a good guy/10
would hang out with as long as you dont smoke around me
hope things get better for you man

>>24896348
>rude to people when comfortable with them
i do this sometimes, usually only people im really close with
>debate master
i would enjoy talking to you for a while , then after like a dozen debates id get tired of it and stop talking with you

>>24898906
>passiveagressive rightiousness w/ animals
i like you

>>24899639
>timeshare
>good
>>
>>24901647
When I say "this would fall under[...]" I'm talking about the experience you're describing.
>>
>>24901647
I find that people who don't wear deodorant are often very vocal about their decision to do so. And again, everyone who doesn't wear deodorant smells unless they've gotten out of the shower five minutes ago. They think they don't, but they do. Hell, people who wear deodorant start to smell after a whole day or if you're doing strenuous activity or are out in the sun.
>>
>>24901678
I'm not suggesting that they don't have a smell - as you say everyone has a smell - but, again, you wouldn't know about the people who don't wear it who aren't vocal about it, and they are possibly as abundant or more so. I don't tell anyone except when prompted, so here's irrefutable evidence that we exist.

I'm not trying to say that you're downright wrong and that people who don't wear deodorant smell great - I'm just calling you out for making a claim based on a dataset that is clearly at least somewhat incomplete. Hell you might even be sitting next to some complete strangers who smell terrible and wear deodorant, and just assuming they don't "all people who don't wear deodorant smell bad".

(p.s. this isn't even really about non-deodorant-wearing smelly people anymore, I'm trying to get you to evaluate your conclusion-drawing process, because it is accepting/unaware of bias and thus dangerous)
>>
>>24901704
I'm well aware of what you're doing. The way you spoke with the other person in the thread was an indicator of that.

The problem is we are arguing two different points. I'm saying "I can see when people have red paint on their face," and you're saying "sometimes it's invisible paint." I'm telling you that I can straight up tell when someone has deodorant on or not (provided they haven't just exited the shower). You're telling me I can't. There isn't a discussion to be had.
>>
File: 1439575572434.jpg (58KB, 400x458px) Image search: [Google]
1439575572434.jpg
58KB, 400x458px
>>24901893
That's awfully close-minded of you, but if you refuse to acknowledge the truth of the fact that you can not know what you do not know then there isn't much I can do. You'll just continue to assume your omnipresence.

>this is the same exact logic racists and sexists use to defend their points of view, but more extreme
>"I haven't met them all, and I can't even identify them all, but I know they're all the same"

This is not meat as an insult, but someday I hope you have some experience that opens your eyes to your own ignorance. Your ideology and stubbornness are frightening and dangerous.
>>
>>24901678
I just wanted to point out you're objectively wrong. A lot of people don't need to wear deodorant, but feel they should because its common in western society. Body odor is genetic and if you're not white or black, its less likely you need to use deodorant.
>>
>>24902127
For someone calling me omnipresent, you sure do act like you know everything. It isn't even close to the same rhetoric that bigots use. I don't give a shit what someone does to their body. It doesn't affect me. The way I make sure this doesn't affect me is by not dating them. It's as simple as that. I'm not ignorant by pointing out that people sweat and it smells bad.

>>24902238
It's pretty much just parts of east Asia that get away without having to wear deodorant. It isn't just white and black folks who need deodorant. It's basically everyone who isn't Korean or Japanese.
>>
>>24893030
For a moment I thought you meant live mice, and I was kind of terrified.
>>
>>24902429
I have in no way implied, insinuated, or suggested that I know everything. I have even on at least two occasions in this very thread alone admitted, myself, when I was not considering a possible influential factor (referring to that one person's sexuality and sex, and my admission to you about not considering olfactory fatigue). You've dove nothing but insist you know for sure that your view is correct... even though you can not know what you do not know. I have only stated facts and admitted when I was inappropriately assumptive. If you feel that I have acted like a know-it-all that is your objectively unjustified interpretation.

And your logic is the same. I paraphrase myself in imitation of you (and please correct me my imitation is incorrect); "I haven't met all of the people who don't wear deodorant, and I can't even identify them all because many of them are not detectably smelly, additionally it is possible that I have misidentified some people who are smelly deodorant wearers as non-wearers, but I know all non-wearers smell bad". Please also tell me how this is separated from the logic of someone who feels that even though they have not met all black people, and that because some of the black people they have met are violent, it is legitimate to suggest that all black people are violent (change "black people" to "women" and "violent" to "[any stereotype about women]" for a sexist version).
>>
>>24902514
I have also stated my opinion several times.
>>
>>24902514
I know that my nose works. I know that I can smell when people don't wear deodorant.

>If you feel that I have acted like a know-it-all that is your objectively unjustified interpretation.
This sentence alone is in an incredibly holier-than-thou tone.

It isn't an equivalency because I'm not attempting to generalise or make a statement about people who don't wear deodorant other than that they smell which is a result of them not wearing deodorant, not a judgement about them.

You're acting as if I have to smell every person on earth to know if people who don't wear deodorant smell or not, and that isn't the case. If I said I thought mac and cheese tasted bad, it would be ridiculous to imply that I should try every brand of mac and cheese that exists before I make that statement. When you have multiple of the same experience over and over again, it's very much acceptable to predict that the rest of those experiences will go the same way.
>>
>>24902564
>I know that my nose works. I know that I can smell when people don't wear deodorant.
But you don't know that you can't smell the non-smelly ones, because you can't smell them. How would you know? Unless you ask every single person you meet if they wear deodorant, and then smell them, it is possible that every single person who you cannot factually confirm wears it does not wear it. You would have no idea, but you're insisting that you would, because your nose is just that good...

You are generalising... you're literally saying that all samples who have (X) condition exhibit (Y) characteristic, without allowing room for (possibly abundant) exception. That's the most literal example of generalization that exists because it is generalization by definition... and if you put "women" or "black people" into (X) instead of "people who don't wear deodorant" (even keeping the same (Y)) then it's racist or sexist. Judgement is irrelevant - qualification of sample with (X) as always possessing (Y) is the thing that makes generalization generalization.

If you want to make a statement like "people who don't wear deodorant smell bad", instead of "this person, who circumstantially doesn't wear deodorant, smells bad" then you have to smell at least 30 people, randomly selected, who don't wear deodorant (and your previous selection has seemingly not been randomly selected, because, again, you've seemingly been mostly been smelling strangers... and if they smell bad you're assuming they do not wear deodorant, never mind that you're missing all of the non-smelly non-wearers, and possibly qualifying some smelly wearers as non-wearers) and use Chi Square analysis (with whatever alpha is acceptable for this - I have no idea what that would be, but standard scientific proc is alpha eq 0.05), to be able to say one way or another.
>>
>>24902666
Let me put this whole argument in simpler terms with numbers:

You may be interacting with some smelly non-wearers. That's all fine and good to suggest that they smell bad. But let's also say that those smelly non-wearers only represent 5% of non-wearers. The rest of the non-wearers (the non-smelly ones) would get by you without you even noticing... because they do not smell bad, so you would not assume them non-wearers. In 100 people/day, this is you smelling 5 smelly non-wearers and assuming that they represent all non-wearers... while 95 non-smelly non-wearers got past you without you even noticing.

THIS IS POSSIBLE, and you have no evidence to suggest that it is not the case... so to suggest that non-wearers smell bad is extremely pre-mature, and by definition generalizing.

Does this make sense to you? If I am not being clear about something I can try to rephrase it.
>>
>>24902678
Te be fair, the null hypothesis in this ChiSq would be a 50/50 division (which still does not qualify a sweeping statement as appropriate). I used a 5/95 split to make a point.

>>24902564
>This sentence alone is in an incredibly holier-than-thou tone.
Again, your interpretation... although this time justified (if still incorrect - I presented it as a simple statement and not as a derision)
>>
>>24902666
Again, I am not generalising. I am making a causality statement. Not wearing deodorant means that when you sweat, you'll smell bad. That isn't a generalisation. A generalisation is "people who don't wear deodorant are evil."

I'm telling you that I've met dozens of people who don't wear deodorant, who have told me they don't wear deodorant, and EVERY SINGLE one of them has had bad body odour. Every. Single. One. Not some, not most, every one. Now you keep saying that I'm interacting with people who don't wear deodorant, and I'm assuming they do because they don't smell. Then care to explain to me how zero of the people who have told me they don't wear deodorant have managed to not have body odour? How have none of the people I've spoken with managed to be these non-smelling people? I have definitely met people who think they don't have body odour, but let me tell you, they do.

>Does this make sense to you? If I am not being clear about something I can try to rephrase it.
This is you, yet again, being incredibly arrogant.
>>
>>24902732
>>24902977
After all this arguing, I feel confident in saying that no one is even remotely interested in either of you anymore.
>>
>>24902732
>>24896996
Formulaic way of talking and lacking social awareness is too nice of a way of putting it. This way this guy talks is from full blown autism.
>>
>>24902977
By your logic this isn't a generalization, it's a causality statement, because it makes no personal qualification or judgement: "The Muslim holy book, Quran, spells out literally that Shariah Law should be expanded, and all dissenters and followers of other religions should be killed. This means that Muslims have an agenda to expand Shariah Law and to kill dissenters and non-believers."

But that is still a generalization, one that people inappropriately use to justify a Muslim ban in immigration to the U.S., even though it is also a(n incorrect) causality statement.

A dataset with dozens of samples is a better dataset than I thought you had, so I'll admit your case is stronger than I thought, but without a truly random n your conclusion is still subject to confirmation bias, because you either refuse, fail, or do not have the opportunity to incorporate samples that do not fit in line your view of the world into your conclusion-drawing process - which is one of the things I am trying to demonstrate the danger of.

And that is again your interpretation. If you read the question and statement literally, without derisive inflection, which is how I presented it but not how you interpreted it, then it is just me asking you if I am not being clear and offering to try a different approach. It's even somewhat suggestive of the opposite of arrogance in that I am making the assumption that I have possibly done something inadequately, and am offering to try again - as opposed to insisting that I have explained it well enough and that you are inadequate for not understanding (which I'm neither saying nor implying).

>>24903738
>>24903871
I did say that I am this way, and that I perceive it as something people dislike to a medium degree about me, right from the start. See:
>>24892900
>medium: [...] Don't take inappropriate shit from *anyone* (as in, confrontational). Literalist. Won't let go of a problem until it is resolved. Have a dominating personality [...].
>>
>age/gender/sexuality
21/M/Straight
>the good
Emotionally stable
Intelligent
Currently trying to get a degree
Kindhearted
Have many interests
Good at reading social situations
Good at dealing with rejections

>small
Too stoic (don't even show emotions when I should)
Got a runners body, not a bodybuilders
Like to be edgy to shock people
Am interested in things most people find weird

>Medium
I'm not empathetic even though I try to be.
Can't dance.
Spend too much time on the internet

>Huge
Kissless virgin
Very socially awkward
Huge procrastination issues
(It's why I'm on /soc/ right now)
>>
>>24899519
So the thread is still alive but got derailed and descended into madness. Can we resurrect?

>>24899499
>Almost none of your negatives are negatives to me.
Ah Cool! In the Atlanta area perhaps?

>>24899519
To reciprocate

>>24899519
>- vegetarian
That can be a problem depending on the person but it's not a deal breaker.

>- have no real relationship with my family, and I have no desire to have one with my partner's
That's odd. Bad experience. Meeting is ok but no relationships with family is what you are saying?

>- not sure if I ever want to live with a partner, and if I did, I'd still want to have my own room
That's interesting. As I said I like my space too. Not a deal break for sure but I've never met a woman who said that.

>>24899590
Ok

>-Good listener
and
>-Lack of empathy

seems like opposites almost. Also it depends on what lack of empathy means IRL.

>-Cigarette Smoker
In 2017 that is probably a Large one. Def a deal killer for me.

Otherwise cool

>>24899701
>Quick to get bored. Find it hard to stay happy in a relationship without constant movement.
That's a relationship killer so probably a deal killer for most folks who want one. Really depends on what you mean but if
>Probably gonna ghost you.
...is any indication yeah it's a problem. Do you know why you are like that?

>Been abused before in a relationship. Nobody wants to deal with that.
Not sure about that one. Depends on how that manifests itself.
>>
>>24900140
Jesus, if you were older I would think we'd already dated. I been down some of those roads. Some I couldn't do again.

Some of the things you listed aren't issues for anyone reasonable though.

>My favourite video game is Skyrim.

For example. Who really cares about that

or

>I'm doing an English degree.

Come on.

>>24901309

>i have pretty bad anxiety and depression. taking meds & seeking therapy for it.
Move to large, but good on ya

>i'm a bit of a slut. polyamorist at best, serial monogamist at worst.
Move to Good Stuff

>i have seizures so i can't drive.
Move to small

>i don't want kids.
Move to medium

>introverted/shy
Move to small
>>
>>24904455

yeah there was lots of grey area stuff, i wasn't sure where to put everything. a lot of this stuff is pretty subjective i think
>>
25/Male/straight

>Good stuff
Devoted in relationships
Easy going
I can talk about random shit for hours
Open to trying new things at least once
Love to cook, pretty good at it
I have nice eyes and I'm not fat
Good in bed, big dick

>The bad
I'm poor
Social anxiety disability
Live with family
Into some really kinky fetishes that most people aren't into (But not like they're necessary or would be asked of somebody not into it)
I don't do well in groups, so I don't do parties

Dunno, can't think of much else specific to write, I'm such a catch, I know.
>>
File: CjJuQdQVEAADt2Q.jpg (77KB, 1024x1487px) Image search: [Google]
CjJuQdQVEAADt2Q.jpg
77KB, 1024x1487px
2X / M / straight

>good

stubbornly loyal
not insecure
open book
very relaxed
no smoking, anti-drugs, rarely drinks
very patient
decent-looking
tall
never been in a fight or gone to jail
virgin but not khv
never get sick
affectionate

>small bad

quiet and reserved
memelord and shitposter
always sleepy
sometimes forgetful

>medium bad

not great at initiating conversations
mild asperger's
have a lot of social anxiety and anxiety issues in general

>large bad

hikikomori outside of work
main hobbies are anime, manga and videogames mostly
do not have a career yet, but soon (tm), am a late bloomer
unwilling to date anyone with a history of more than 3 sexual partners
>>
>>24904013
Except it does make a personal qualification. It assumes that everyone who partakes in a religion partakes in every single aspect of that, which is very much not the case for people who practice religion. This same law exists in Christianity. Causality statements still need to have context.

My conclusion isn't subject to confirmation bias because it's not like I meet bad-smelling people and go, "hey, do you wear deodorant?" I am told independently by these people that they don't wear deodorant because they, much like you, think that it doesn't affect how they smell. And they are incredibly wrong. How many people would I have had to have met for you to admit that people who don't wear deodorant smell bad? Because I'm guessing the answer is that I couldn't have given you any number to be content because you simply don't agree with me.

Obviously it's my interpretation. But it's one that other people in this thread alone have agreed with, and yet you keep saying is on me rather than being on you. And this is yet another reflection of being holier-than-thou.
>>
>>24904017
Being edgy to shock people is a dealbreaker. You're in your 20s; grow up.

>>24904453
I'm in Canada, unfortunately. I am sorry for your loss on Sunday.

I don't expect my partner to become a vegetarian, for what it's worth. I just can't handle raw meat, so if I'm cooking, it won't have meat in it.

I'm not someone who puts an intrinsic value on being related to someone by blood. If I happen to meet your folks and we get along, great, but I doubt that will happen. I don't like the whole "if you date someone, you date their family" mentality. I'm not rude to my partner's family by any means, but I just don't want to automatically have to be involved in someone's life because they share a bloodline with my partner.

>>24904787
None of yours are dealbreakers to me.

>>24904860
Depending on your memes and shitposting, it could be a dealbreaker. But the whole "unwilling to date anyone with a history of more than 3 sexual partners" is probably one of the biggest red flags in this entire thread.
>>
>>24905047
You're pretty bad at picking out red flags, you thought one guy had none and then got drawn into a autistic argument with him that derailed the thread.
>>
>>24905094
kek
>>
>>24905047
Eh, everybody has their own deal breakers, I'd still consider my bad-points to be bad points, even if they're not deal breakers. Most people like somebody they can take to places or hang around with their friends with, so they'd be deal breakers for a lot of people!

Most of yours, for example, wouldn't be deal breakers to me either. Hell, the worst thing on your list is that you're a vegetarian but that's just because I love food/cooking so I eat everything, but SOME people would consider that a deal breaker.
>>
>>24894730
Being gay is a dealbreaker for any females I want to get in relationships with.

>>24898906
It's good that you care about animals but idk if arguing about it will change most peoples' views, especially since there's a lot of grey areas.

>>24899425
I'm not really sure what you mean by fairly attractive and self-conscious about your size.

>>24899519
Nothing here is bad at all, except where you don't want to live with a partner.

>>24899590
>Works 60hr weeks lel
Have to do what you have to do
>Cigarette Smoker
Deal breaker for me because I can't stand smoking, but for most people it'd be pretty acceptable depending on how much.

>>24899701
Pretty big deal breakers here, at least you're mentally stable though so you should be fine.

>>24900140
It sucks that pretty much all of your baggage is out of your control. If it makes you feel better, at least none of those issues are that bad, even when combined.

>>24901309
You might need to see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>24905047
>I am sorry for your loss on Sunday.
I appreciate the sentiment. I'm not a sport guy though. As my grandfather used to say "It's like watching two mules fight over a turnip"

> I just can't handle raw meat, so if I'm cooking, it won't have meat in it.
Gotcha.

>I'm in Canada, unfortunately
It's shame we both have personal space issues. I'd love to come crash on your couch till this Trump thing blows over. (Also, my job, house, cats and family are all here.)

RE: Family.
Ah, that's more clear. Yeah fuck that "love me love my family" shit. I dated this girl who had a strict catholic mother that did nothing but run her down about everything. She was a bitter abusive bitch.
>>
>>24905192
Why do you dislike Trump? If you have no valid reason that should be a red flag/baggage right there.
>>
>>24905210
nice
>>
>>24905192
>Idiot who thinks who's president makes a difference to most people.
>>
>>24905229
I only implied it mattered to me.
>>
>>24905094
Which is why people don't choose a partner based on a list of self-described attributes.

>>24905117
I don't really think they're bad points, though. I mean, obviously the anxiety and depression aren't good things to be dealing with, but I don't think they're a negative trait you have, personally, if that makes sense.

>>24905192
That's a good analogy, except I totally stopped and watched two horses fight over a pylon the other day, so I can't say I wouldn't find two mules and a turnip funny.

I have a spare room if things ever get too harsh! As long as you don't mind it being full of craft supplies, haha.

Yeah, I definitely have had similar dating experiences. And my parents aren't the greatest of folks, so I don't want to make anyone else deal with them.
>>
>>24905313
Well that's sweet of you, those points about me have lost me a few relationships already, haha. Good to hear not everybody hates those things.
>>
>>24905047
I just want somebody with a similar amount of experience. I would feel more comfortable entering a relationship with a person that way.
I don't see how that could be a red flag desu,
but it is picky of me I know
>>
>>24899519

do you have a skype?
>>
>>24892494
19/f/bi

good:
>pretty smart
>decent prospects, no debt or loans
>i completely support myself, i don't want to be a sugar baby or anything
>loyal, never cheated, don't have a mountain of previous sexual partners
>i'm very open to new experiences or interests so if you have a cool hobby or weird sex thing i'm probably down
>i really like to read and have fun conversations
>i love to teach and learn so there will be a good give and take of ideas and cool facts
>i have a really nice job that i work remotely so i can work anywhere with a laptop and i make good money

small:
>my career path is all about reptiles and bugs so if you don't like them or have a phobia it won't work with us.
>i play d&d and read comics and watch anime (this is a negative if you think that shit is lame and for kids)
>trust is really important to me, i don't get mad but i'm not cool with being lied to and i'd much rather just hear the truth even if it's shitty than have to dump you for keeping dumb secrets

medium:
>don't want kids (somewhat open to adoption down the line but i will not crack my shit open)
>don't really like to travel (love road trips, hate planes, boats are okay)
>i'm kinda antisocial, as in i won't go out of my way to chat with people or make friends but when people initiate i'm usually happy so a lot of my friends are kinda extroverted it's a good balance

large:
>anxiety disorder
>can't be around any sick people in any capacity (that includes kids or my current partner; if someone throws up i won't see them for a week or more)
>5'5, 160 pounds
>i'm super chill casually dating, but when things get really serious i kinda panic and either get clingy or retreat until i can get my bearings, then i'm alright again
>every so often i go into a sort of depressive hibernation mode where i just stay in bed for days at a time and dont sleep or eat
>i cry a lot idk why man i'm just like that
>>
>>24905445
whats your dream job?
sounds vaguely similar but totally different than my job path
>>
>>24905460
Well my current goal is museum technician in herpetology/entomology/invertebrate zoology for a natural history museum.
My dream job would be to be a curator in one of those divisions, or an even higher level.
I also want to do some environmental research and projects on my way/on the side; ecology is my concentration.
What about you?
>>
>>24905505
neat,
for a long time i wanted to go int herpetology etc ( and i still love going out and trying to find all species possible in my state) but i ended up getting a job at a fish hatchery and am hoping to persue that path instead since i now have job experience and enjoy it greatly
working at a museum or zoo or something along those lines would be really neat though
i actually have a few tabs open on amphibian egg mass identification and amphibian larvae identification ( mostly salamanders)
>>
>>24905535
Oh shit that's rad. I love fish.
Museums are one of my favorite things. A nice zoo would be cool but i'm a bit too granola to feel comfortable in most zoos, I'd be into a wildlife reserve maybe but they tend to have mostly mammals.
Salamanders are great, that sounds really interesting.
Are you a student or are you pretty far in the field?
>>
>>24905445

do you have kik, im down with reptiles at the very least. Oh and anime.
>>
>>24905564
money was tight when i was in highschool so i threw myself into work, at about 15 years old, doing construction and shit like that , when i graduated money was still tight so i opted to continue working and not go to college, and continue saving money, got a job for my state at one of the fish hatcherys , been doing that 2 years going on 3
so no degree but job experience and lots and lots of reading in my off time
the type of work im doing isnt super technical but i like it because i get to pick the brains of some of the guys who have worked there 30, even 40 years and learn
i volunteer with bios whenever i can to just learn as much as i can about the subject
only 20 now but hoping to continue with my current job for a few years and eventually move to a different hatchery if i cant move up at the one i in currently
also >>24901592
is me for a bit more about me

this upcoming year im going to try raseing some salamanders from eggs if i can find the or efts if i cant get eggs ,
over winter i raised a bunch of brook trout all the way from spawning the parent fish myself
>>
>>24905586
Oh yeah that makes sense, good for you. Working up in a field is a good thing anyways, I was lucky to be able to work and go to community college at the same time through grants, I only just transferred to a university this semester.
>raising salamanders from eggs
holy shit if you do you're required by law to make a thread or something and post pics I need to see that
>>
>>24905592
i may or may not be able to find eggs , going through some droughts and not sure how the whole vernal pool situation is going to be this spring
but i should be able to find them in the larval stage and have done a bunch of resterch on rasing them from that point on,
hopefully il be able to find something interesting and not just raise something boring like a two lined salamander
though going through the process would be worthwhile no matter what
>>
File: IMG_20170207_191323027~2.jpg (901KB, 2357x1930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170207_191323027~2.jpg
901KB, 2357x1930px
>>24905592
>>24905617
I might get lucky and be able to get something Interesting like my buddy George here

That or I have a spot where I can find red spotted newts
Those would be cool to raise up too
>>
>>24905617
>>24905619
That's great! I've never tried raising from eggs before, any special tips?
George is super cute. How many animals do you have?
>>
>>24905641
george wasnt from an egg, hes actually only temporary i had a friend find him in a swimming pool ( that he couldnt get out of ) in early winter
ground frozen solid snow on the ground and pool freezing over so they gave hi to me to take care of over winter, and hopefully get him back to nature in early spring ( in an ideal world il be able to find a vernal pool where spotted salamanders are spawning and il release him there

i have a cat, and george ( for now)
then i have a few aquariums im just messing around with trying to decide if i want to put more time and effort into it
though i usually have a bunch of animals , i tend to be the go to when people find a injured or baby animal that needs to be helped ( even though im not a licensed rehabilitator)

dont have too much experience with salamanders as i havent done it before , though fro rasing fish from egg im expecting the trick to be getting them to eat when really little, bread worked well for baby fish but im thinking blood worms or black worms will be good for baby salamanders
im still doing a bunch of reading and research though
>>
26 male straight
>good
Humor
Nice
Don't get angry
patient (with people at least)
Pro bird rearing skills
>Small
little insecure
lazy
out of shape
>bigger
clingy but struggle making words
sad
>help
Autism
faceblind
struggle to form new memories
sensory issues
no sex drive, none, naked people are gross

Kik is mrdespair1990
>>
>>24905665
Oh that's nice. Rehabilitation is really nice, where I am there are so many good vets and licensed people around or else I would've gotten into it more. Have you considered getting licensed, or is it pretty unofficial?
What's the most fun/unique animal you've ever taken care of?
I've only ever taken care of birds.
>>
>>24905729
to get licensed id have to go through classes ( and would be glad to i always love learning more )
but the kicker with becoming licensed is they want you to have a facility that has cages etc already set up , wouldnt necessarily be worth it to clear a bunch of room at my house build a bunch of cages and possibly a whole nother building just to occationally get one or two animals
i may end up doing it some day ( id love to ) but not right now for me

baby birds are alright ,
i really enjoyed rasing baby squirrels as walking around with 3 squirrels climbing over you was entertaining , they would chatter at strangers and usually startle people
but they were messy and sometimes would be moody and try to bite
baby racoon was pretty nice but i didnt have it for long really friendly and would follow me like a dog, but it really didnt like anyone else and chased my neighbor once

i didnt rehab it myself but captured and temporary held an enormous osprey that had gotten caught in a net and broken something
had that around for about a day before a trained raptor expert came and took it

everything has its ups and downs, everything has its own personality

its something id definatley suggest if youre capable enough and have the time and energy , its really rewarding
>>
>>24905752
Oh yeah that's kind of a big hassle. I'm sure they have some cool classes though.
Squirrels are fun, I have an aunt who rehabilitates squirrels lol
Raccoons are one of my favorite animals, it must've been nice to get a friendly one as opposed to most.

Wow the osprey must've been an experience, I live right nearby a raptor conservancy and they're no joke.

I'd love to have the time someday, maybe i'll take some time before going to grad school to do some internships and volunteering and and set something like that up for a little while.
>>
>>24905784
well i feel bad for hijacking the thread with totally off topic stuff , if you ever feel like chatting feel free to email me at [email protected] ( yes im still lame and email)
can give updates on salamander egg hunt etc if you want,
if not it was nice talking and hope you the best
>>
File: Aishi.Ayano.full.1920220.jpg (146KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
Aishi.Ayano.full.1920220.jpg
146KB, 800x750px
I'll try to be honest but short.

>age/gender/sexuality
22/F/Bi

>Good stuff
I love cooking, cleaning, house wife stuff
Fine with going out, or sitting at home watching anime/tv
Very hygienic, care about my appearance
Short? 5'2"
Love showing affection, excited to greet my partner after a long day
Good at finding deals on food or clothes

>Small stuff
Very shy, not good at confronting/making friends
Sometimes messy, forget of things that need to be done
Very self conscious, my own worst bully

>Medium Stuff
Really oblivious to sexual intimacy.
Let things get to me easily

>Large Stuff
Lazy in the aspect of getting a job, dream job house wife (in honesty I have medical issues and anxiety issues)
Very jealous, clingy
Don't like others hitting on my SO
Once SO does something slighty unfaithful/or full on I won't trust.
Constantly question SO, go through their social media/phone

>insert crazy gf meme
>>
>>24905829
>tfw no meme crazy gf
>>
>>24905829
Hey, where do you live?
>>
>>24905829
That large stuff, minus the first line, is literally me.
I have a long distance GF at the moment and it kills me. I'm constantly worried and I feel like I'm crazy for it.
>>
>>24905838
It's not that fun to date a crazy girl
>>24905877
I prefer not to say.
>>24905888
I couldn't do long distance, just too much distrust and hurt being unable to see them. People who make it work I applaud them, but I'd be worried too. Have they been faithful the whole time?
>>
>>24905829
>affectionate
>oblivious to sexual stuff
>0 tolerance for betrayal

sounds great to me, do you live in the US?
you seem to want the comfy life also
>>
>>24905928
Long distance is horrible.
To make a long story short. We were together about 3 years ago, I was over there with her. Came home and she cheated, multiple guys. Fast forward, I'm still in love with her. We get back together after I come visit. Now I'm back home again.

Safe to say I have no trust in her and it's killing me. I want to make it work but I feel like she isn't putting in the same effort I am. Feels bad.
>>
>>24905928
I know it's not fun but I would honestly rather not date a, well, normie. Don't know what else to call it.
>>
>>24905944
Wow that's.. wow.
Okay well speaking from a similar-ish situation I can say personally I can't look past my boyfriend being unfaithful. I can't say everyone is like this, but I feel like you can't ever love her fully without being reminded of what she did. You can try and make it work, but if you are saying she doesn't put in the same work then it might be best for your sanity to move on. You can't be happy or at peace if you are constantly worrying of what she's doing right? Do you want that for years to come? That's no way to live.
>>24905948
I mean as long as your faithful, not staring at other girls in front of your partner or being a general pig I'm sure it can work.
>>
>>24905967
Yeah, I was blinded by my love for her when I got back into this. I still have extremely strong feelings for her but the thought of it happening again drives me crazy. Walking away is probably for the best.

Thanks, needed to get this off my chest. <3
>>
>>24905970
I wish you the best of luck of making yourself happy for your own sake!
>>
>>24905829
I actually really like all your flaws desu
>>
>>24906096
I'm surprised for someone to think so to be quite honest.
>>
>>24906148
Well, going through the list
>shy and oblivious
I think those are actually really cute and endearing trait.
>messy
I don't really mind and it just means you probably won't mind me being lazy too
>self conscious and lets things get to you
We all get comfortable with ourselves eventually, it just takes time
>Lazy
This is the only one I wouldn't say I really like but it does sound like it isn't really your fault and its nice to see that you're still trying to put your effort elsewhere.
>Jealous, clingy, etc.
I'm a bit concerned about the trust issues but it's still good to have someone interested in me and cares that much and sounds really nice
>>
Digging the concept for the thread. Aight here goes

>asl
21/M/Straight

>good
Easy to get along with. Have a variety of interests. Love music. Adventurous, enjoy doing fun shit. Reasonably attractive. Self aware and able to handle criticism. Comfortable in my own skin.

>small
Naturally somewhat introverted. Fairly messy. Highly career focused. Don't drink often but tend to go hard when I do. Will procrastinate when given the chance.

>medium
Very romantically inexperienced for someone my age. Won't try anything physical without super obvious cues.

>large
Have a hard time emotionally opening up to others. Afraid of actually committing myself to someone. Occasionally go through depressive episodes.
>>
>>24905369
I understand the strain they can put on relationships, but mental illness itself isn't a reason I'd avoid dating someone.

>>24905389
How is someone having more experience in something than you a dealbreaker? Replace sex with any other activity, and it sounds asinine. "I wouldn't want to date someone who has cooked more than 50 different meals in their life." It's ridiculous. Not to mention that the number itself just seems so arbitrary. Like, 3 people, but that doesn't equate to how much sex someone has had. If someone has had 3 one-night stands and that's it, how are they more experienced than someone who has had 1 boyfriend for 4 years who they had sex with a few times a week? It's just such a childish way of looking at things. Everyone has different amounts of experience in different areas of their lives.

>>24905415
Yep. aisformorethananime

>>24905445
>i will not crack my shit open
I laughed a lot at this line.

None of your stuff is really a dealbreaker other than maybe how you'd react to things getting serious. If you communicated well, things would be fine, though.

>>24905680
I don't know if I'd be able to date someone who had trouble forming new memories. I think it would be very frustrating to constantly have to remind someone of things about our relationship.

>>24905829
Very jealous is a dealbreaker for me, and going through my shit would end the relationship immediately.

>>24906266
Commitment issues can be iffy, but not entirely a dealbreaker.
>>
22/f/bi

good
>I like helping people and making people feel better
>Im a really happy and chill person and I like everybody
>I'm good at fixing things
>can talk about anything
>really good at giving gifts

small
>a little messy
>homebody

medium
>smoke cigarettes and weed
>not very feminine
>play a lot of video games

large
>mentally ill
>>
fun thread. was interesting reading how different and similar everyone here is

i think i have a few bigger problems that kinda ruin my life right now, but i'm working to get it figured out

25/F/Lez

>good stuff
i'm overall a very positive person
good self esteem
smart(strength of street knowledge)
really tall
cute(have been told)
open minded and very tolerant
caring and loving. Everyone I've been with tells me I'm very protective. I seem to make people feel comfy.
romantic
bright future(possibly)

>small
crooked smile
rarely wear makeup
kinda messy. i don't notice how messy things are sometimes
a little poor right now(this could be a bigger problem i guess)

>medium
gets bored easily
easily distracted
i feel like i'm always looking for better things in life, including partners(though i'm getting better about the love part)
complains too much(i feel like i do that sometimes)
i'm a loner. i don't talk to too many people outside of whomever i'm romantically interested in, and i'm kinda okay with that.

>large
depressed(the apathetic kind. it makes it hard to be interested even in partners sometimes. not suicidal at least)
i have adhd, and yes it's bad. i forget important dates, names, that problem you asked if i could help with. I switch interests, hobbies, and topics too quickly and frequently. I get anxious if I'm not being actively stimulated somehow.
I don't want kids. Only doggos
>>
>>24906467
>small
>>a little messy
>>homebody
>
>medium
>>smoke cigarettes and weed
>>not very feminine
>>play a lot of video games
>
>large
>>mentally ill

just drop the cigarettes and you're pretty awesome. What kind of mental ill are you? I'm >>24906494 btw
>>
>>24899639
aw you seem like a good guy.

>>24905445
your job sounds really cool
what comics are you into?

>>24906522
>just drop the cigarettes and you're pretty awesome
thanks! I've been thinking about quitting yeah, but now's not the time
You sound hella cute btw. do you have a dog or are you just a fan?

>What kind of mental ill are you?
I have a dissociative disorder
>>
File: tumblr_mmretsSSAl1s7h91uo1_500.png (31KB, 434x301px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmretsSSAl1s7h91uo1_500.png
31KB, 434x301px
>age/gender/sexuality
23/M/straight

Good stuff
>Confident with myself and can handle social situations with ease especially with my brand of sarcasm and humor
>Super easy going but when it comes to work I work hard till the job is done
>I'm in a comfortable spot in my life. I've got a early start into my career, I have a car everything is where it should be for me.
>100% faithful. if I love my S.O. You can bring my your finest 10/10 bitches and I'll turn her down. I believe in monogamous relationships till the end.
>Handy when it comes to car/tractor repairs. Basic car maintenance is babby work for me. Being a 310T apprentice I'll be making madd dosh by the end of it.
>decent cook if I couldn't be a mechanic I'd love to be a chef
>big brother fatherly demeanor
I'm the type to be by your side as much as possible till you get better

small
>night owl Afternoon shifts turned me into a night owl so I wake up late every morning
>Small group of close childhood friends.
>stubborn when I get angry which is rare
>passive aggressive most of the time but will stand my ground if I have to.

medium
>Lazy fuck sometimes and usually a homebody on weekends if the checks no good.
>bad ad managing my money sometimes.
>I play alot of Videogames and listen to too much music that's deemed healthy tbch

large
>when I have my social battery is drained I need to go into hermit mode to step back and reflect. Even with my closest friends I still need time away from everything
>Great in most social situations but sometimes my social anxiety will get the better of me and I go into full introvert mode.
>If I got married I'd like to have 2-3 kids always wanted them and I wanna bless my parents with grandkids
>Im rocking a dad bod or hibernating bear look to me but strong as fuck despite being a big guy. Handsome enough to be a 5 or a 6

>implying I'm good enough for any women to be worth a damn when Chads and Tyrones are all the craze since the beginning of time
>>
>>24906732
you sounded pretty cool until you started complaining about other guys desu.
>>
File: 1459468290245.jpg (49KB, 662x625px) Image search: [Google]
1459468290245.jpg
49KB, 662x625px
>age/gender/sexuality
24/MtF/Bi

Good:
>care about well-being and try my best to help with things
>deal well with people who think they're boring since I'm fine with chilling
>knowledgeable enough to help with most tasks or schoolwork
>like all kinds of music/TV/movies/art/books
>affectionate
>kind of forgiving
>willing to try anything
>open to any discussion
>clean (for the most part)
>cute personality (don't ask me, just what I'm told)
>don't give up on people as much as I can

Small issues:
>shy around certain
>can be pretty paranoid
>sometimes unorganized
>tired all the time
>old history of self-harm
>was in an open relationship for a long time

Medium issues:
>overweight for now
>very unattractive (non-passing)
>spend money on "friends" too easily
>pretty bad alcoholism despite being virtually dry for months
>have Chilblains so I'm pretty overly-cuddly when it's cold
>overprotective of friends to the point of being annoying
>too many video games
>can be kind of a slut apparently

Big issues:
>fear of the dark
>too scared of going anywhere online so I don't bump into my ex
>lazy
>clingy / fear of abandonment
>awful anxiety issues that lead to suicidal thoughts
>jealous most of the time towards people I'm in a relationship with
>type too much shit on an anonymous image board
>insane, or so I'm told
>just got out of two relationships so mad most of the time

Mental illness life is annoying life.
>>
18/M/Straight

>good stuff
Loyal to a fault
Honest
Mellow personality, the type to let things roll off their back
Intelligent with love of sciences
Physically fit and healthy
Open minded and willing to learn
EMR
Long fuse
Self confident

>small
small guys (5'9" 135 lbs)
Heavy into board sports
Night owl with heavy sleep habits on weekends
Love DnD and Video games

>medium
Loves martial arts, lives for a good fight
Heavy scarring
Often can be rather uncaring and cold
Get attached easily
Very unsocial, and ignorant/uncaring of social norms

>large
Not sociopath but pretty close
Nhilistic with zero life preservation
When I actually get mean I'm brutal, physically and mentally
>>
>>24906828
Foolish EMR. Bow before your EMT master! Kek
>>
>>24906828
>Not sociopath but pretty close
>Nhilistic with zero life preservation
>When I actually get mean I'm brutal, physically and mentally

Dude, consider some therapy. You are going to have a hard time connecting with other human beings in a meaningful way like this.

>>24906732
>implying I'm good enough for any women to be worth a damn when Chads and Tyrones are all the craze since the beginning of time

You were probably ok till you said that. That attitude is a MAJOR turn off for most women. It's terribly unattractive.
>>
18/male/gay
>good
super submissive
not a fat fuck
enjoy company
>small
steam is life on weekends
> medium
rather antisocial
literally live on the fact that i can get dick often
>large
not good at being friends with people
>>
File: 1485991058803.png (163KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
1485991058803.png
163KB, 400x311px
>>24906768
>>24907387
Eh that comment was more tongue and cheek tbch of course I don't actually think that. But there is some truth in that I mean confidence can only get you so far before other things come into play
>>
>>24908686
>Eh that comment was more tongue and cheek tbch of course I don't actually think that. But there is some truth in that I mean confidence can only get you so far before other things come into play

well piece of advice. don't talk like that in front of women or men, ever. It's a major turnoff.
>>
File: panty hoard.png (926KB, 801x890px) Image search: [Google]
panty hoard.png
926KB, 801x890px
25/F/Bi

>Good things
I'm a great listener
Reserved but friendly
I can cook well enough
I have a wide variety of interests, so I can find common ground with most people
Pleasant, polite, and easy to please
Great sense of humor
I can keep a secret
I like washing dishes
I try to go the extra mile for people
I try to live a mostly frugal lifestyle

>Small
I'm a bit absentminded
I can come off as distant and standoffish
I don't always catch onto things very quickly
I'm black

>Medium
I'm kind of poor--I'm not starving and I have a roof over my head, but I don't have a lot of disposable income most of the time
Still live with family
I don't drive and am frankly scared of driving--I have a permit, but no license
I can't see myself as ever being higher than lower middle class--give me $35-40k a year and I'll be satisfied
I've never really felt physically attractive and I have a face that doesn't look particularly feminine or masculine.

>Large
I've never been in a relationship
I have depression--I've had it for several years, but only received my official diagnosis recently (Persistent depressive disorder/dysthymia)
I have low self esteem and more self loathing than I know what to do with
Not really a family person--I have a lot of issues with my mother and want to get away from her
I have a bad comfort eating problem--I used to exercise regularly but stopped because of the depression, so naturally I ended up putting on weight. I'm not obese or technically overweight, but I can stand to lose 20 pounds.
I don't think I'm capable of loving people romantically, although I desire romantic relationships
I can't picture myself in a long-term relationship with a man who is not a trap/femboy/twink/crossdresser
I have a lot of unresolved anger and I'm afraid of lashing out at anyone who might get close to me
I have no interest in being pregnant, but I'm okay with raising someone else's children

Yeah, the bad stuff outweighs the good and I'm probably forgetting some things.
>>
>>24909477
>I'm black

I fucking lost it.
>>
>>24909477

I feel you on the dysthymia. i got diagnosed recently as well. I wouldnt mind having someone to talk to about it, as it seems less common then just depression.

kik - maxjenius81
>>
>>24898906
I don't know if my ID changed but just in case hello it me

I just realized I forgot that I forgot other "medium" red flag which is that I've been vegetarian for 10 years and going vegan. Red flag for some, green flag for another, ya know. I don't think about it much any more

>>24901652
>i like you
come drink with me while we get angry at all the shitty pet owners in the world senpai

>>24906822
>calls that dog a "pitbull"
>is not an APBT
>is clearly a Staffordshire Bull Terrier
T R I G G E R E D

>>24905166
>Idk if arguing about it will change most peoples' views, especially since there's a lot of grey areas

all memeing aside, that's definitely true about a lot of animal rights activists. but I definitely distance myself from them and a lot of their practices and am much more aligned with animal welfare advocacy. It's a bit different in that animal rights people are usually way more extreme (like PETA) and seem to have sort of weird unclear goals that just lead to them screaming about their feefees all day long. Animal welfare advocates and groups are like the ASPCA and Humane Society of the United States. Usually way more realistic and actually have facts to back up stances on much more specific issues that are realistic to take on as opposed to just yelling about random idealized shit because "I love animals"

I was definitely a rabid animal rights activist when I was younger, but now I hang with the animal welfare crowd and people are much more receptive to it. A bit part of it is that a lot of the issues around animal welfare are born out of people simply not knowing better and needing to be informed (ex: why breeding of brachycephalic dogs is unhumane, environmental impacts of modern animal agriculture practices, the consequences of declawing cats, why BSL is ineffective, etc)
>>
>>24909634
>T R I G G E R E D

Y-yeah but it's still funny
>>
>>24909634
After reading more from you, I'd enjoy talking. Let me know your kik.
>>
>>24910055
Post yours and I'll message you
>>
>>24910065
Might post it when you're around, I don't have a throwaway.

As for the thread though, I think almost every post included things that should be dealbreakers for people and should be worked on before seeking a relationship. One can cover up a lot of flaws with the rose tinted glasses of fresh affection but long-term stability seems impossible with this kind of baggage. It's at least good though when people put it out there openly.
>>
>>24906828
Kik ?
>>
>>24899499
You think you would, but I bet it would get to you after a while. It always does.
>>
File: cool rv.jpg (233KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cool rv.jpg
233KB, 1600x1200px
>goods
Not fat
Not ugly
Tall
Can cook
Can clean
Love cuddles
Love tech
Financially stable
Ambitious
Outgoing/Talkative

>small
smell bad when nervous

>med
Love tech too much, if you're not into it I can't be associated

>L
a virgin in 20s yet see others with no lives getting ass daily, which has lead me to create a spiteful side of myself for future references.
can't stand stupid people, don't have to be school smart just have common sense
>>
>>24892494
27/M/Straight

>The Good
I'm an intelligent person who's accepting of other people's likes and lifestyle choices. I'm slow to anger, often doing my best to not let things bother me. I have a fierce sense of loyalty, my friends know they can trust and rely on me. I love them like brothers.

I'm tall (6'0"), broad shouldered and of average weight. I also have a kick ass beard and a seven inch dick.

>Small baggage
Hairline started riding up in high school, that sort of shit destroys a man's self esteem and confidence. I shaved my head and learned to love myself again, which is great, but I still get self concious if I haven't shaven in a few days. Also my dick curves to the left and I'm worried that's something that might be a deal breaker.

I'm also strapped for cash. The industry I work in hasn't been doing well so I got hit with a pay cut and some shit went down to drain my savings.

>Medium baggage
I have no love for my family (despite acting like I do) and will likely sever all contact with them at some point in the future. They aren't bad people for the most part, they're just people who I have to deal with on occasion. This doesn't seem like medium baggage to me, but I'm certain some people will see it as a red flag.

I also have very little experience with woman, having had no experience prior to shaving my head and a small number of short relationships in the five years since.

>Big baggage
I have MASSIVE trust issues. Any time a woman shows interest in me I assume I'm seeing something that isn't there or that she just wants something. This sometimes extends to anyone being friendly with me. This has cost me good things in the past.

Of the few girlfriends I've had, I never loved any of them. I'm certain I'm capable of romantically loving someone, but I don't think I ever have.
>>
File: butt2.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
butt2.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
Bum Pan

need more ladies in here.
>>
>>24913409
I kinda like you anon, you sound sweet.
>>
>>24892494
>age/gender/sexuality
19/M/straight

>good stuff
have a stable career
in decent shape
know how to fix basic stuff
shower every day and brush my teeth twice a day
fast learner
slightly above average dick

>small stuff
a little bit retarded when it comes to common sense stuff
embarrassed easily

>medium
a little bit of acne (cant see it in pictures though unless its a picture really close to my face)
pretty busy due to my job
KHV
run out of things to say in long conversations

>large
sometimes i cry myself to sleep because of all the responsibility i have
feel nothing when a close relative becomes ill (literally did not care that my grandma died) and havent talked to my parents in months
>>
>>24915339
also if anyone wants to help me with the conversations thing my kik is cosmiccow6
>>
>>24892494
holy FUCK this thread is still alive? it's been days, I'm impressed. OP, this thread was a good idea.
>>
>>24915372
Thanks. Yeah I think it was, I just wish more folks participated. I actually tried this once before and it didn't take off so I am very surprised it has this time.
>>
>>24914752
I'm curious where the idea of sweetness is coming from.
>>
>>24915788
It'd be nice if more people talked about others besides dumping their info and running, but what can you expect from a board that is meant to be narcissistic in nature.
>>
File: photo_excess_baggage.jpg (29KB, 457x210px) Image search: [Google]
photo_excess_baggage.jpg
29KB, 457x210px
>>24916019
Indeed. I tend to mostly just comment on the straight/bi females because who cares about deal breakers from someone who's not part of your gender/sexuality target.

I'll keep checking in though.

also, bump
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.