[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't help but feel empty. That old talk "Nothing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

I can't help but feel empty. That old talk "Nothing matters and life is pointless blablabla".
I simply cannot accept having to go on with my life as it is, just day after day. Problem is, I do not know what I want.

I have an idea, tho.

For example, when I see a movie, a great movie, something beautiful, that I love. I start to think to myself about the actors there, the people making that and I think about all the feelings they are feeling making that thing. How amazing can it be to do something incredible like that? Or a great pianist who plays something not many people can play in front of an enormous public. I think about those feelings, those things only few people feel, the feeling to be making something completely amazing, something wonderful, and I think that is what I want for my life.
Not necessarily doing something for art, but just wanting to do something to feel amazing, to feel those strong feelings.

BUt the thing is that I just don't know what I want to do, I don't know what is the thing that "calls for me" and that I need to do in order to feel amazing.

Anyone else feels lost here? I just wanted to find out what is my "purpose", my way.

Please help me.
>>
It sounds to me like you want to so something that will bring pleasure to many others. Does this sound about right?
>>
Are you a qt grill.
>>
File: beach.jpg (105KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
beach.jpg
105KB, 720x960px
>>24887936

If you can, I would suggest traveling. I'm not talking about spending 2 weeks in a resort or driving from tourist trap to tourist trap, but actually traveling. Get out there, see the world. It's a big amazing, wonderful place. You may find your calling while you 'out there' living rather than merely existing.

Of course it is hard to do if you are up to your eyeballs in debt, ill, or tied down with kids but even if any of that applies if you truly want to make it happen, make it a priority, and you can do it.

World travel doesnt have to cost a fortune. Traveling through the developing world costs a pitince compared to life in the west. Of course you'll need a little bit of money so start saving now. Cut out all the unnecessary things in your life (its a lot!) and put every extra dollar towards your trip. It will give you a goal and something to look forward to while you continue on with your pointless existence in the rat race and once you break free of your chains and hit the open road all the sacarfice will be worth it.

Source: I said FTW back in 2009 and have been traveling nearly steadily ever since in 30 countries some of them twice. Ive seen a lot and experienced a lot and regardless of what happens to me further on in life (no retirement plan, egads!) I"ll never regret this period in my life.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>24888428
this, but also what is your first language
>>
File: Discuss at me bro.jpg (157KB, 960x703px)
Discuss at me bro.jpg
157KB, 960x703px
>>24888485
That's about it. You got what I mean. The thing is I am a bit scared that even traveling i may not find my true meaning out there, or that I may travel in a wrong way, going to tourist traps and stuff. I once travelled through europe and it was amazing, tho I was young and didn't enjoy as much as I could, it was still amazing an thrilling.

I am planning a trip to Peru this year. To see if travelling can bring me back my will to live. I guess that's reallly what's gonna save me and give me purpose, then.

Any other tips?
>>
File: yugiyamiv4smuglookv2flip.jpg (8KB, 125x75px) Image search: [Google]
yugiyamiv4smuglookv2flip.jpg
8KB, 125x75px
>>24887936

No matter what you end up choosing to do, your ultimate purpose shouldn't be "to feel amazing." In the end, if your choice only affects you and isn't doing good for others, it will feel empty. Contrariwise, if you are doing nothing but serving others without repairing or treating yourself, it can be soul-draining and do more harm than good.
>>
>>24888888
wise words
>>
>>24888888
Wise numbers
>>
>>24888888
Wise one
>>
>>24888782
read philosophy

i suggest plato. he is dope
however if you've already mired yourself in something dreary then fuck it you gotta change somethin in your real life up lil nigga
life's good. my life isn't even good now and i think that it's possible to have something amazing. if it was still a soulless neet grind for me then i'd still be waiting to die
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.