[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard that it is a lot different being a woman on this site

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: OkCupid_Logo_1.jpg (28KB, 310x206px) Image search: [Google]
OkCupid_Logo_1.jpg
28KB, 310x206px
I heard that it is a lot different being a woman on this site compared to a man so I decided to do a little social experiment. . .

I set up an account posing as a 26 year old girl from New Zealand and these are the stats so far after less than a day:

>94 visitors
>53 likes
>27 messages

Will be interesting to see how this goes . . .
>>
That sounds about right, though I don't think I ever ended up with so many messages after any brief period.

How long have you had the account for?
>>
>>24853011
>How long have you had the account for?
Disregard; I'm retarded.
>>
>I heard that it is a lot different being a woman on this site compared to a man so I decided to do a little social experiment

There are plenty of studies on this shit. Basically, woman + photo gets more responses than man + photo. Woman without photo still gets more responses than men + photo on certain sites.
>>
>>24853023
Yeah but woman have to put up with really creepy messages from random indian guys. I'll post some good ones soon.
>>
>>24853149
Lol, ill be lurking anon
>>
>>24853290
Well so far I've had offers of marriage, numerous "Hi, how are you"s, and a few bad jokes.

Oh and one guy said that he murders people . .. that's all.
>>
Have any of them started off with "hey, cupcake" ?
>>
>>24853471
Oh and the updated stats after less than a day are:

>102 visitors
>56 likes
>30 messages

I'm expecting a lot more interest tonight when people get back from work.
>>
>>24853482
Nope. Although "gorgeous" and "beautiful" are quite common
>>
How many guys write more than a paragraph?
>>
>>24853491
Out of the 30 messages so far about 3 are longer than a sentence.
>>
>>24852558
OP Update:

The profile has been up for a day now and only one guy has actually written a well thought out message that doesn't just say "hi, how are you?"

The reoccuring trend seems to be that people love to leave likes but many cannot seem to bring themselves to actually message.
>>
>>24854283
that's sounds about right
>>
>>24854412
I dunno why some guys are so dumb on these sites. They aren't gonna get anywhere by just saying hi.
>>
>>24854283

I've tried this before.

It turns out that men seriously need to step up their pic up game, in my case literally 20 guys used the same "thoughtful intro"; saying "Hey there, how are you? I thought your profile was very interesting so I wanted to talk to you :)"

It felt bad because...I've said the same thing, but knowing how common it is I was able to step up my game.
>>
>>24854283

Oh btw op if you got a real OKC account do not access it until you have deleted the catfish one.

OKC has TERRIBLE privacy, and they will ip ban you if they suspect you're a catfish.

The mods of the site are actually randomly selected standard users, yeah some guy can win a lottery to read your private conversations on OKC
>>
>>24854522
>>24854535

what would be a good starter besides "hello/hi"?
>>
>>24854535
Same. Nowadays I make sure to actually through someones profile and find common interests or talking points. "Hi, how are you?" leads to absolutely nowhere and is mostly ignored.
>>
>>24854537
Oh shit. I'll remember that thanks. I'll probably delete the fake one soon now cos I use my normal one a fair bit.
>>
>>24854522

> They aren't gonna get anywhere just by saying hi

Well not when you've rigged the game against them with fucking catfish landmines all over the place! I'll have you know that a strategically placed or well written "hi" can really get a girl ready for an emotional connection.

I'll show you how, any ladies better not read this because I'm not ready for a relationship and you'll only hurt yourself by developing feelings for me.

Hi!~
>>
>>24854550
It's usually easy to find out if a profile is fake. There are tell-tale signs:

>poor english and grammar
>hardly any bio
>a link to an external website on their profile
>fake picture that can be found in google images
>>
>>24854559

If yours doesn't include all of those you're literally cancer and should kill yourself, fake profiles hurt us all, Anonymous!
>>
>>24854540
I would start with something like "Hi there! I couldnt help but notice on your profile that . . . (add something from their profile and create a few talking points and maybe ask some questions).

The main thing is not to just say "hi" because you will not get a reply.
>>
>>24854540

It's really fucking hard if they don't got shit on their profile. In that case I'd say it's justified to just say hi. If they write a bio then make a comment on one of their interests.

>>24854546

Yeah not only do they ban the ip you're using but they check every single email that logged from that ip and THEN they ban every ip those emails logged from. I had 2 lurking accounts and 2 catfishes and logged through different places and they all got ip banned, I actually got an entire apartment complex banned kek
>>
>>24854561
I made sure to never engage anyone in conversation as to not break any fragile hearts. Most of the messages didn't deserve a reply anyway.
>>
>>24854574
I usually point out the fact that they haven't written anything and ask if it's a work in progress and that usually gets a response
>>
>>24854559

Not always man.

There are some dead giveaways to find a catfish, trust me because I've done it.

The biggest one is no snapchat, no snapchat is a red alert. You can't catfish a snapchat for obvious reason, and the truth is in this day and age which thot does not have a snapchat? So if you see one girl who says "I dont got a sc" you can be damn sure she's a fake profile.

Also in the case of OKC or tinder if they "advertise" their KIK/SKYPE (these 2 especially) that's another red alert (more like orange). Kik and skype are preferred messaging apps for catfishes because they don't require a phone number to sign up
>>
>>24854583
Very true.
Also a quick reverse google image search of their profile pic often shows that the pic is fake.
>>
>>24854594

Again, no, a lot of catfishes take their pics from FB, which won't show up in a RIF.

Only amateur shit tier catfishes take pics from sites like "HOT GIRLS . COM"

Also, see if they tend to abuse filters on all of their photos, if they don't got at least 1 or 2 natural photos then it's usually a yellow alert. Filters on a picture will kill the RIF results, you can actually make your image provide you no RIF results by simply altering the hue by 1 point.

Catfishing is shit man, I really feel bad about my days of catfishing, you forget that you're dealing with real people with real emotions. So now I try to warn others how to spot catfishes before they get emotionally invested on them
>>
>>24854283
Messaging probably costs money, cuz.

Did you include a pic of """yourself"""?

How many likes/messages do guys' profiles get, fucking none I'm guessing..?
>>
>>24854609
That's why I didn't respond to any of the messages. I didn't want to give anyone false hope cos there are actually some decent guys out there who are just unlucky with relationships.
>>
>>24854615
>ID is.v.adult

Seems legit
>>
>>24854612
Messaging doesn't cost anything on Okcupid so there's no excuse not to do it.

The pic I used was of an obscure British actress who no one recognised.

And yeah, guys usually get a few likes a week maybe
>>
>>24854283
>one guy has actually written
Pasta, bro?
>>
>>24854615

Yeah man, I'm a piece of shit for doing what I did, lots of those girls were just having a lot of issues and looking to cope through new relationships.

>>24854620

I remember a site that was ranked like in the top 3 best dating sites along with OKC and POF, they made me answer a 30 minutes (literally) questionnaire about the things I liked, it was a mandatory questionnaire, once I got done with it...it turned out that if you wanted to be able to see people's profile pics, you had to pay premium.

Fuck those retarded paywalls. OKC is honestly the best dating site. Good profile structure, questions are fun, enough users and no big features hidden behind paywalls except for seeing likes. POF has very minimalistic profiles and you gotta pay to check out when was the last time someone logged in
>>
>>24854640
the only bad thing about it is that no matter what site girls go on there are always creepy guys who put them off
>>
>>24854648
it makes it harder on us guys who actually want to build something with someone. not that anyone would want to build anything with me
>>
>>24854726
don't be discouraged anon. Just keep on messaging girls and your bound to get a response. And you'll get better at being interesting online the more you message people.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.