[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where are my /soc/ plant eaters at? >age >gender >location

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

File: veganns.png (9KB, 393x246px) Image search: [Google]
veganns.png
9KB, 393x246px
where are my /soc/ plant eaters at?

>age
>gender
>location
>sexuality
>vegan or vegetarian?
>how long have you been veg?
> what's your main reason for being veg?
>what city are you near and what's the best vegan restaurant there?
>contact info?
>>
i must be a fucking dumbass because chicken is too good to be vegan
>>
>age
>gender
guy
>location
DMV
>sexuality
pansexual
>vegan or vegetarian?
vegan
9 months
watching the documentary Cowspiracy, couldn't bring myself to purchase something that needlessly contributes so much to global warming. but also research about practices of factory farms and intelligence levels of animals solidified my veganism.
>what city are you near and what's the best
vegan restaurant there?
DC, I've never had anything I didn't like from Fare Well
>contact info?
Kik: adamlastname1 (trolls welcome)

>>24801918
ty for sharing
>>
>age
>gender
Male
>location
US
>sexuality
Hetero
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegan
Vegan 11 years, vegetarian 12 years
Murder is wrong
I don't eat at restaurants, I cook my own food
>>
>>24802455
>Murder is wrong
so why do so many animals murder for food?
>>
>>24802471
If you are referring to humans, they murder for food because they are immoral and apathetic. If you are referring to non-human animals, they kill for food because they need to eat meat to survive. I don't see why you're asking considering it's very obvious.
>>
>>24802455
>Murder is wrong
That's cute.

>>24801938
>pansexual
>vegan
UmmHmm... So you're a hipster realistically.
>>
File: 1468804802131.png (608KB, 735x748px) Image search: [Google]
1468804802131.png
608KB, 735x748px
>>24802478
>they kill for food because they need to eat meat to survive

Domestic animals kill all the time smaller animals purely for fun, kys retard your brain has grown to be a vegetable.
>>
>>24802478
but it's just animal instinct! aren't these intelligent, sentient animals who are worthy of our compassion just as accountable for eating and killing other animals? Why hold them to a lower standard?
>>
>>24802561
>>24802585
>>24802589
Why are you in this thread?
>>
>>24802661
to piss off vegans, since you guys always have a "holier than thou" attitude.
>>
>>24802661
> D: They're pointing out how full of shit I am

...cause you're full of shit, nothing personal.
>>
I'm a vegan but otherwise not too much of a faggot. I don't mind the domestication and murder of animals for our own ends, I just disagree with how it is carried out and specifically the suffering and pain animals are subjected to. I don't agree with breeding a creature into existence, torturing it to maximize efficient gains, and then it dies after a shortened and painful life. I know there are free-range and organic products but those animals aren't treated as nicely as you'd think either. The kicker is that you don't even need animal products strictly speaking, so the decision is merely to condone the mass torture of sentient beings so that you can keep some luxurious flavours in your life.

Having said that I live with meat eaters and I keep the vegan propaganda to myself in real life.
>>
>>24802561
>UmmHmm... So you're a hipster realistically.
i have no idea what you mean by that

>>24804952
yeah living with carnists can be interesting
>>
>age
>gender
m
>location
UK
>sexuality
hetero(flexible?)
>vegan or vegetarian?
vegetarian
15 months
realised my love of animals outweighed how much i liked the taste.
i don't really eat out much.
>>
>age
>gender
Man
>location
North Florida
>sexuality
Straight
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegetarian. Stay away from my honey.
2 years
I have the means to sustain myself without killing animals. Make no mistake, if I was starving, I would eat everything.
Gainesville Fl is closest, but I live in the country. I cook for myself.
>contact info?
Snapchat: SJI1031
>>
>>24805167
You can just call us omnivores... there's no need to be so petty.
>>
>>24806765
nevermind, I looked up what carnism...

I thought you were just being petty, but I was wrong - it's a belief system, I now know. Even so, just because someone eats meat doesn't mean they fall in line with that system.
>>
File: me.jpg (1MB, 4551x3918px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
1MB, 4551x3918px
>>24801899

>age
>gender
male
>location
Upstate NY
>sexuality
Hetero
>vegan or vegetarian?
vegetarian trying to go vegan but it's hard to give up cheese
2 1/2 years
After vaporizing NN-DMT and having a breakthrough I lost all desire to eat meat. Before DMT, I loved eating animals; now the thought of eating an animal sickens me because DMT taught me not to eat living creatures.
Sadly no vegan restaurants near where I live. I just get a side of fries and a salad if I go out.
>contact info?
n/a

Pic of me.
>>
File: drugsunderglass.png (343KB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
drugsunderglass.png
343KB, 498x373px
>>24806817
Does psychedelic drug use make me a hippy or a hipster? What is the difference between a hippy and a hipster, or is there no difference between the two.
>>
>age
>gender
M
>location
East Coast
>sexuality
Straight
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegetarian
Entire life.
Raised this way. I'm extremely happy, love food, and have never had motivation to change it. Not looking to increase a negative impact when I'm content as is.
Baltimore. So many good places (if you're looking for vegetarian dishes rather than full on vegan restaurants). Several stellar indian joints, one very good spanish place.
>contact info?
If anyone cared, ask
>>
File: IMG_4642.jpg (154KB, 654x1199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4642.jpg
154KB, 654x1199px
I would extremely enjoy shoving a bloody steak down all of your vegan throats. Makes me sick watching all those innocent plants getting brutally murdered.
>>
>>24806784
But every special snowflake now has to have a unique definition for every single type of person to be classified under
>>
>>24806784
that's true, carnism is a dominant system of thought though and not many people that eat meat hold the belief that the consumption animal products is unethical. I understand if someone can't be vegan for health reasons or have no access to alternatives for economic or geographical reasons, but other than that you do have to subscribe to carnism to be an omnivore.

>>24807027
im sure it does
>>
>>24801899
its k ill just eat 100 times as many animals compared the average male to counteract you failfag squirrel squeezing commie liberals
>>
>>24806959
i think psychedelic drug use is associated more closely with hippies, which is basically a stereotype grouping for someone who cares about the environment and/or rejects conventional norms regarding appearance/life style.

hipster i'm not really sure about, google says it's someone who "follows the latest trends and fashions." the joke is always that if someone says they knew a band before they became famous, they are a hipster
>>
>>24807753
why do you feel so threatened by this thread?
>>
>>24807737
is it actually dominant? the idealism seems to identify specifically that the follower actively believes it is righteous to treat and consume animals that way. I don't think that it's dominant so much as it is just apparently dominant as a result of passive disregard (which is not the same thing as active agreement).
>>
>>24807859
>follower actively believes it is righteous to treat and consume animals that way.

carnism is just the belief that it isn't unethical to eat animal products, and the subsequent rationalizations that must occur in order for someone to chose animal food rather than vegan food. Someone might not flat out say that they are a carnist, but in order to bring oneself to eat meat (unless you meet certain specifications that I mentioned in >>24807737), then you must agree with certain mental justifications that fall under carnism (can't survive without animal protein, farm animals are objects, it's a normal thing to do, etc.)
>>
>>24807905
Ahh, I think I understand now. I fall probably at an odd place on that spectrum.

Let me ask you this: in a hypothetical world where humans could just abandon animal products, what would you think should happen with all of the animals that we've domesticated and bred into abundance specifically for their products?
>>
>>24807905
It IS a normal thing to do.
>>
>asl
19/f/norway
>sexuality
straight
>vegan or vegetarian?
somewhere inbetween
4 years
It was a bet and I refuse to lose
I am too poor to eat at restaurants, but I love myself some burgers from Max in Oslo
>contact info?
snapchat: b2die
I was like ?? 14 when I made that, so don't judge my emo ass name thanks
>>
>>24807925
farmers have direct control over the supply of farm animals, and adjust according to demand. the tens of billions of animals farmed each year were bred to meet the demand for animal products. If demand for animal products starts to decrease on a massive scale, there would just be less animals being bred next season. farmers wouldn't waste their money producing the same amount of animals every year, because of how markets work. Existing animals are slaughtered as per usual, because their manipulated lifespans are not long enough for them to be impacted much by the changes in meat demand before slaughter. Realistically, the biggest problem arises when governments subsidize spoiled animal products and prevent animal industries from adjusting their supply in accordance with decreasing demand. See for example: http://www.grubstreet.com/2016/08/government-bails-out-cheese-industry.html

>>24807931
>It was a bet and I refuse to lose
lmao, one of the most compelling reasons that i've seen
>>
File: IMG_2810.jpg (109KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2810.jpg
109KB, 640x640px
all the carnists trying to deal with their cognitive dissonance in this thread is sad. If they really are so bothered by vegans, you'd think they would just not even bother wasting their time. Oh well

I haven't been on /soc/ in a while, so here we go

>age

>gender
female

>location
Oregon

>sexuality
Straight

>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegetarian going vegan currently

Since I was 9

I've always thought of myself as an animal lover, and I don't want to be hypocritical in acting as if some animals matter and others don't just so I can have a short taste on my tongue. Nothing ticks me off like the hipsters that cry over homeless kittens and the Korean dog meat market, then they turn around and eat a steak. it makes no sense at all. I work at an animal shelter and am happy that I know that in addition to not doing harm, I'm actually helping. Plus the environmental reasons are pretty convincing

Eugene/Portland area. The Cornbread Cafe has won awards here and is fantastic

>contact info?
kik at quil_ava - say you're from this thread

for reference, left is makeup/filter, right is no makeup/filter
>>
> 32
> M - virgin
> los angeles
> straight
> veggie
> 2 yrs
> aesthetix
> van nuys - vinh loi. garden wok.follow your heart
> kik: zsasza
>>
>>24801899

Good thread idea OP! Next time it would be nice to have some general interest sections on the form.

>age
>gender
male
>location
South Africa
>sexuality
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>vegan or vegetarian?
vegan
Vegan for 9 years and vegetarian for 16 years.
Ethical and ecological.
Johannesburg and Conscious 108
>contact info?
email: anonlikescavestory [at] gmail.com
discord: anonlikescavestory#3821
steam: anonlikescavestory
>>
>>24809385
>Next time it would be nice to have some general interest sections on the form

Like hobbies and movies and shit? I've never made a thread on here before but I probably won't make one again for a long time, I'm just on here because I'm on winter break for a while and have nothing to do. Once this thread dies feel free to make a similar one
>>
>35
>male
>London
>long time vegetarian, new vegan
>veg 17 years, vegan 2 months
>when I was 18 I moved out of home into a flatshare with a bunch of veggies. It was instantly obvious that they ate better than me and spent less (as a student, this was important). I kinda learned to cook that way as a result. I like doing things fully so went totally vegetarian, which can get difficult as I travel a lot for work (fuck you, Tokyo!!). I guess if you asked my reasons NOW, it would be that nobody in the first world really needs to eat meat, so if you do you're just consuming stuff that's bad for you in the long term and killing things for no reason other than fun. Plus, the massive environmental thing. I always am amazed at the hypocrisy of people who carefully recycle or drive electric cars but then eat a steak.
>London isn't that great actually - hipsters all started being into street food and world meaty stuff so there's not too many veg places for a city this size. Having said that, vegetarianism is now so normal that it's rare you'd eat out anywhere and not find veggie options. Best places I've been recently are probably Matilda's in Soho and Fed by Water in Dalston. In the U.K., the best place I've been is Glasgow, which has some amazing vegan bars and cafes.
>>
>>24808021
thanks
>>
>>24801899
how wonderful to see you're racist against plants
what did those fruits and vegetables ever do to you?

The Forest gives you oxygen to breath
yet you cut down trees to build a house

the corpses of millions of trees from long dead forests
are sucked out of the ground as petrol and used to make
plastic water bottles, computer devices, and food containers.
you desecrate their graves, and use their vulcanized corpses as keyboards
and keep their food stuff cousins packed like sardines in plastic lunchboxes

Plants you and your comrades ripped from their homes in the ground
skinned alive, dissected alive, marinated alive, cooked alive, even eaten alive
you and all those like you are fascist monsters
the Nazis as least made death quick.
but you, sometimes you keep your victims alive for days
half dissected, marinating in their own blood and fluids
you even put them in giant cold rooms,
keeping them in hypothermia for days before you decide
if you want to end their suffering quickly or slowly.

you Vegans are Monsters
Plants communicate with other plants
they have a language spoken with chemical scents
even though they're blind, they know when nearby plants are in pain
or if their cousins and relatives are being eaten alive,
or having their feet cut off.
The Smell of Fresh Cut Grass
that's the Grass screaming in pain
the smell of your tea every morning
is your tea screaming to your houseplants
" They're boiling me, they're killing me ! You're Next."
>>
>>24811686
Lmao what the fuck did I just read
>>
Why would you limit your culinary pallet so much.
>>
>>24812028
Read the 7th bullet point of everyone who filled out a response to the form
>>
>>24812040
>because I don't

That's really not a valid reason to my question. If you want to eat meat humanely and compassionately you can raise your own animals, give them a full long life and in return they give you something you want. Same with the so called 'environment'.

In many cultures it's respect of the animal and let nothing go to waste. Why would you not only increase the waste of each animal (by not buying the product letting it go to waste) effectively making each animals suffering without a cause.

Also buying all those chemical and gene spliced altered fruits and vegetables are so much better right?
>>
>age
>gender
Female
>location
California
>sexuality
Hetero
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegan
5 years vegitarian..1 year vegan
Health, environment, animal abuse.
San Jose/ San Francisco too many great places!
>>
>>24812082
Dude what, the average natural lifespan of any given animal that is commonly consumed is at least 5 years. Even if I was gunna purchase animals and raise them in good conditions, I'm not going to have enough supply for consistent meals if I'm actually going to treat them humanely and let them die of natural causes. Also the natural lifespan of a cow is like 25 years so I guess I'll have to keep a few thousand cows in my back yard at any given point in time if I want have a consistent supply of "humane" beef.

Also, the majority of the population live in cities so odds are that anyone you say this to doesn't even have a back yard to raise animals in. And if they did, the amount of deforestation and environmental destruction that would need to occur to make room for all of these "raise-your-own" animals would be even more devastating in terms of global warming than animal agriculture already is.

As for your point about animals that don't get consumed, read up on the principles of supply and demand. Less meat sales mean producers will lower the supply of meat produced (i.e. Less animals will be bred into lives of suffering)
>>
>age
>gender
cis male
>location
Minnesota
>sexuality
bi/pan
>vegan or vegetarian?
vegan
since before the U.S. release of Pokémon Blue
came for the ethics, stayed for other benefits
Minneapolis, I'm told Reverie is pretty good. Haven't been yet.
>contact info?
[email protected]
>>
>asl
24/afab/canada
>sexuality
Idk. Bi.
>vegan or vegetarian?
99% vegan
Not long. 4 months?
I dont need to use animals suffering to survive so why would i
There are soooo many in my city. I love doomies.
>contact info?
Nah b
>>
>>24811150

Matilda's is great -- I went there about three times in holiday. That Sri Lankan curry thing is marvelous. I like 222 Veggie Vegan too!

>>24810650

Right! I will probably make one when the thread dies.
>>
Page 10 bump
>>
>>24811150
I like you
>>
>>24813050
>I dont need to use animals suffering to survive so why would i
So why only "99%"?
>>
File: 1483436183719.jpg (11KB, 425x306px) Image search: [Google]
1483436183719.jpg
11KB, 425x306px
>age

>gender
Male

>location
New York

>sexuality
Heterosexual

>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegetarian, on and off vegan

Vegetarian since I could make decisions for myself, on and off vegan since 17

Environment, ethics, health

Live in Syracuse. There are a few options though Strong Hearts on University Ave is my favorite. Best milkshakes you'll ever have

>contact info?
Kik is unsafeword, say hi I guess? Idk
>>
>>24813179
sounds good - if you can, remember to engage the people that come in with legit feelings against veganism that they want to explore. the people i've made arguments for in this thread didn't keep pestering so something tells me they mostly aren't just trolls
>>
Page 10 bump
>>
File: 20161214_173033.jpg (514KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_173033.jpg
514KB, 1920x1080px
>age
>gender
m
>location
australia
>sexuality
straight
>vegan or vegetarian?
vegan
11 months
Meat tastes bad to me and I believe it's unhealthy to eat it.
Also for ecological reasons.
adelaide and I don't go out
>contact info?
jeff35533 skype, i have all the other apps as well

what do i get for answering this survey?
>>
>>24808387
Wow what an incredibly naive and condescending individual you are, if anybody wants a great example of a special snowflake...well here it is.

Vegans are about on par with the flat earth society, you make it seem like a cult. Nature dictates that humans, like bears eat both meat and plant matter. Gonna be eating red meat and chicken all week to tribute you, maybe fish, sushi sounds good, maybe some pork chops, full rack of ribs in the deep freeze too, auuughh I have so many choices for dinner!
>>
But really I think we can all agree vegans should get the chair for how many plants they kill and consume every day, as a plant lover, my conscience won't allow me to eat salad.
>>
>>24816816
>reeee i'm going to wreck my health to spite some vegan on the internet
lol
>>
>>24816816
>what an incredibly naive and condescending individual you are

lmao she wasn't even responding to anyone, you alright?

also the notion that "nature dictates" how we should act/what we should consume is deeply flawed. regardless of the fact that we have the ability to digest animal products, animals are still put through lives of suffering because of a choice that we make whenever we buy something to eat. humans have the ability to be healthy and thrive on an entirely plant-based diet, so taking sentient life to feed ourselves is not necessary or ethical in most cases.
>>
>>24812129
Vegetarian male in the bay here.
Email me if you want to chat about some of our favorite places to eat.
[email protected]
>>
>a/s/l
29/M/734
>sexuality
Hetero, or close enough that it makes no practical difference
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegetarian
Off and on for six or seven years.
I work as a caregiver for the mentally disabled. I've seen people so crippled that they're on the level of a chimp. Animals have internal experiences just like us. There's nothing intrinsically different between a human being and an animal. I could either not be ok with eating meat or be ok with eating people. To be honest, I kinda went for both.
Ann Arbor. I don't get out that often, so I'm not super familiar. The Earthen Jar is good, though, and BTB is fantastic no matter the ingredients.
>contact info?
Kik: socratic_oaf
>>
File: 20161222_123141.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_123141.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>age
>gender
Male
>location
Columbus, Ohio
>sexuality
Straight
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegan
Vegetarian for 6 years, vegan 4
It's not an inconvenience for me to be vegan. I eat well, and I don't have to harm our planet while doing that.
Again, I'm in Columbus. There is a Loving Hut in Reynoldsburg, about 20 minutes driving from where I am. An Indian restaurant by the name of Gokul is another of my favorites. For brunch, I go to Whole World on Sunday mornings with my lady friend.

Pic related is Gokul, it's a buffet.
>>
RIP my ID probably changed. I'm >>24808387.

question for vegans ITT, how do you feel about local honey? I know some who still eat it because supposedly they help the local bee populations and some don't. Personally I don't because I don't like honey anyway, was just curious on opinions though

side note, it's funny how carnists will rant about how shitty "vegan food" is how they could NEVER eat it and i just sit there thinking m8.. ever eaten an apple before? a noodle? a carrot? It's the weirdest thing how carnists forget that not all foods have meat or dairy in them to begin with

>>24816816
>naive and condescending
You okay bud? Your jimmies seem to be a bit rustled

but I guess you're right, I was naive to think 4chan carnists would have enough sense to stay out of a thread that isn't even about them and that just evidently upsets them. Silly me.

>nature dictates that humans eat meat like bears
oh shit you're right that explains your large claws and teeth and--

oh wait. sorry. have fun eating your factory farmed antibiotic filled meat that lives only a fraction of it's normal lifespan and has to be pumped with supplements to stay healthy. Ya know, like nature intended.
>>
>age
>gender
M
>location
PA
>sexuality
Straight
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegetarian but I eat fish and grass fed beef.
4 years.
Optimal nutrition. Also, it's morally justifiable. Cows are big animals, one cow provides hundreds of pounds of beef, I would eat under 5 cows in a lifetime. Fish have simple nervous systems.
I cook.
>contact info?
[email protected], this is Skype.
>>
File: 20161022_163926.jpg (344KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161022_163926.jpg
344KB, 1280x720px
>>24801899
>age
>gender
Male
>location
TN
>sexuality
Straight
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegetarian for 7 years and Vegan for a little over 1 year now
Ethical reasons.
In Knoxville and Taste of Thai and Tomato Head
>contact info?
Kik:Ledesordrecestmoi
>>
>>24818230
>how do you feel about local honey?
Not sure desu, I've heard that some bees are crushed in the process of getting the honey and the queen's wings are clipped to make sure the hive doesn't move somewhere else. Also apparently some bee farmers incinerate their bees for the winter because it's more economical to buy new bees than keep them alive during the months that their not producing honey, that might just be an industrial farm practice I'm not sure. As for the environmental aspects, I think the most important thing to do is advocate for governments to ban certain pesticides that have been found to cause colony collapse disorder. I'd have to read more up on how beneficial local bee farms are.

Then there's the radical vegan perspective that any animal product is necessarily taken through exploitation of an animal and under a system of human superiority and oppression, which I don't necessarily disagree with so it would be hard to bring myself to buy any honey unless I was sure the environmental benefits were great and there were no other realistic ways to stop colony collapse disorder. Good question, it's definitely one of the better "gotcha" questions that people use to talk about veganism
>>
>>24818490
Lmao ok /soc/ filters t b h into desu, good to know. I thought everyone was actually using anime terms
>>
>>24812255
>the amount of deforestation and environmental destruction that would need to occur to make room for all of these "raise-your-own" animals would be even more devastating in terms of global warming than animal agriculture already is

Are you serious? I've seen people raising Goats, Chickens, and having a garden with fresh vegetables and fruits on less than a 1/4 of an acre of property. Also there are more animals than just cows for meat. Not only can you use the animal for meat, but get this, you can also use the animal for milk, or you could use pigs and hogs to lower trash wastes. Or surprisingly enough, you can use the animals to fertilize your plants. Wow multiple uses of things. Isn't that crazy?

You don't have to mass produce animals to get use out of them.
>>
>>24818527
The person I was responding to'a point was that we should raise animals and let them live out a full natural life, then eat them. Not sustainable for the reasons I mentioned. Maybe you can have "humane" beef every 25 years per cow, but I doubt that's what the people you've seen raising animals do.
>>
>>24818551
It's the same person just different ID.

I was stating that if you are not okay with inhumane treatment of animals than take it into your own hands to give animals the life you want. You can use animals and plants as sustainable use. Why not also get fish too? You're thinking so narrow minded it hurts. There are plenty of animals you can use that can sustain you as well as vegetables and both plants and animals work well with each other. I'm letting you know there's alternatives. If you're actually worried about the enviroment and animals take it upon yourself to take care of them.
>>
>>24818566
Honestly because this is the 21st century and we no longer need to rely on the exploitation or non-human animals in order to survive. You ignored my point about cities which ties into this as well. There are 7.5 billion people on earth and 7.6 acres of arable land. One cow uses about 2 acres of land. When you think about it it, it's just not sustainable.
>>
>>24818614
*sorry, 7.6 billion acres of arable land a little more than 1 acre per person, enough to raise half a cow
>>
>>24818614
>and we no longer need to rely on the exploitation or non-human animals in order to survive

You're right. We moved on to exploiting the gullible idiots that are humans.

You're still talking about cows and basically it just sounds like you're whole argument is "its too hard".

I'm not talking about feeding the entire population of the world based in your apartment.

I honestly don't even know what you're arguing anymore because it seems you don't even have a point.
>>
>>24818646
>You're right. We moved on to exploiting the gullible idiots that are humans.

No we haven't moved on from non-human animal exploitation (obviously, I mean you're advocating for it right now), I'm saying that we have the knowledge and there is exigency to move on from it.

What exactly am I saying is "too hard"? You might be confusing environmental sustainability and a modern recognition of the inability for a reversion to pre-industrial pastoral society with taking the easy way out of... what exactly?
>>
>>24818691
You do realize non-human animal exploitation pretty much includes everything. By everything I mean a whole lot of shit.

Using mice to find cures for diseases and ailments. Using animals as sustenance. Using trees to build houses. Genetically altering and splicing fruits to yield more nutrition and lengthening it's shelf life to reduce waste. Hell even having police dogs is animal exploitation. Even breeding animals is animal exploitation. So we should let endangered species die because it'd be exploiting them to breed them as well.
>>
>>24818792
Gene slicing of produce is animal exploitation? lmao okay, but anyways you have changed your argument about 5 times and clearly aren't looking to actually discuss this, but rather circlejerk with your carnist rationalizations while you try to process that not everyone views themselves as a superior being who ethics don't apply to and is immune to the impacts of climate change. I'm not going to respond to you again but thanks for stopping by the thread
>>
>>24818291

>cows are big animals
>I would only eat 5
> therefore morally justifiable

So not a vegetarian then, anon?
>>
>>24818971
>exploiting plants differs from exploiting animals
>plants contribute more to keeping the ecosystem clean

I only brought up plants because you keep bringing up the environment dingus.

Yeah okay. You had made no point, no argument, not even a statement that has anything remotely related to animal exploitation besides it's bad and climate change.

The splicing of plants and produce lead to the splicing of animals. If you don't recognize them both as living entities on their own than why pretend to care about animals.

Also please tell me the impact of climate change that has affected you? Tell me how climate change plagues you because I'm sure you feel the effects every single day.

> while you try to process that not everyone views themselves as a superior being who ethics don't apply

Yes, because its ethical to limit our production and set back our scientific discoveries because "It's wrong".
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 718x1025px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 718x1025px
>age
>gender
F
>location
NSW, Australia
>sexuality
pan
>vegan or vegetarian?
vegan
since 2013
"If we could live healthy and happy lives without harming others, why wouldn't we?"
my favs are Manoosh (lebanese pizza and yummy stuff) in Enmore and Mother Chu's (Taiwanese) in Sydney CBD
>contact info?
Skype lusciouspieceoftrash
>>
File: pig_sketch.jpg (49KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
pig_sketch.jpg
49KB, 900x750px
bump
>>
>>24801899
Most animals eat other animals. Who are you trying to protect?
>>
>>24823348
What are you trying to project?
>>
>>24823348
>Most animals eat other animals.
That is objectively false. Please leave.
>>
>>24825837
How much of the (ordinal) 1st trophic level is exclusively herbivorous?
>>
>>24819443
Damn I never got the chance to eat at Chu.
>>
id eat animals even if I didnt like them just to make liberals butthurt
>>
>>24825837
Actually it's objectively true. Most animals on the planet are either nematodes, ants, or termites. Ants and nematodes are all either predatory, opportunistic omnivores, microbivores, or fungivores. Termites are lignivores but they derive most of their nutrition from the microbes growing on the wood they eat.

There are also no truely exclusively herbivorous chordates. I am a biologist so I have a pretty good idea of what is true and what is BS here.

I'm not making a statement about veganism or anything here, just saying your statement is wrong.
>>
>>24827517
that's a pretty shitty way to be
>>
>>24819204
>plants contribute more to keeping an ecosystem clean

meh, it depends on how one would define animals

climate change has directly affected me because an estimated few hundred species go extinct every year as a direct or indirect (but only removed by like 1 or 2 degrees of separation) result of climate change - this affects me powerfully on an emotional level

but if you want actual large-scale, human-relevant effects:
>sea level is going to rise
>east coast dunes and barrier islands collapsing because plants that create and sustain them are no longer able to tolerate climate
>east coast is major center for US economic, political, social growth and stability

sea level rises a few feet (because of GCC) and the processes creating those dunes and islands collapse (because of GCC) you could bet your ass that the east coast is going to experience major upset on all fronts and you'd get to keep it
>>
>>24827511
I love their bbq buns and seaweed salad
>>
checking if my ip changed
>>
>>24827634
>this affects me powerfully on an emotional level
also like it has displaced millions of people in Africa and will cause a massive worldwide refugee crisis as its effects spread, implicating everyone on the globe. not that people in western countries haven't seen the effects though, California just saw the longest drought that it's ever seen, for example.

ps I'm OP my ID changed
>>
>age
>gender
male
>location
UK (Wiltshire)
>sexuality
Straight (ish)
>vegan or vegetarian?
Vegan
Around 18 months
Due to my involvement in animal rights activism and hunt sabotage i began to feel like quite a hypcrite when going home and then eating animals. That plus the environmental aspect I guess
Bristol is probably the nearest place with decent vegan food, theres a wee place called Vx that is pretty good.
>contact info?
Kik - modernmachiavelli
Sc - elzombiediablo
>>
>>24828650
Sexxxy
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.