[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there ever any people here who aren't the "typical

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: 1478031840367.jpg (384KB, 856x602px) Image search: [Google]
1478031840367.jpg
384KB, 856x602px
Are there ever any people here who aren't the "typical white kid in their 20s" thing?

I'm Pakistani, mid 30s, UK, just wondering if anyone else is out there who isn't typical /soc/ material
>>
File: internet (56).png (199KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
internet (56).png
199KB, 283x283px
are you muslim
There's been a few muslim threads it was really weird
>>
>>24755569
Not really practising. I'm more of a science person.
>>
Me.. 23/M/Indian very few of us here
>>
>>24755592
>>24755532
velly velly good
>>
>>24755532
>>24755532
What do you do
>>
File: bhatMOS1111_468x421.jpg (65KB, 468x421px) Image search: [Google]
bhatMOS1111_468x421.jpg
65KB, 468x421px
>>24755532
How does a Muslim close the door?
Islams it.
>>
>>24756308
Software engineering for a fuck-huge multinational, and you?
>>24756320
Slight kek
>>
>>24755532
can you please explain what a "typical white kid in their 20s" does?
>>
>>24755532
Im black/
30/mtf/
Does that count?
>>
Im a white 19 year old from usa
>>
>>24755532
that woman in the photo you posted was created by the media, she really didnt do much, she didnt deserve the nobel peace prizes. its all a cop out.
>>
>>24757587
They go to black lives matter protests
>>24758087
K
>>
>>24758160
Do people go to those things?
>>
>>24755532
I'm a nontypical whitish teen
>>
I'm 35 Brazilian living in Japan
>>
32/m Greek & Ecuadorian reporting in.

I hope things come to fruitition with grace and serendipity for everyone. Except Mr. 'Whitish' he can go run through a harp.

>>24757870

Yes, quite. How was your New Years?

>>24758447

There was a Japanese marial artist who went to Brazil many years ago. His nickname was 'Count Combat'. That's pretty amazing.

>>24758198

>whitish
That is almost as repulsive as latinos or latinas identifying as 'latin' or 'latinx'.
>>
>>24755532
im 22/F/punjabi/indian

Not that many southasians here on /soc/ but quite afew on /int/ and stuff. I post around here quite alot.
>>
>>24758914

Happy new year! Just curious:

- Are punjabi people taller that the general indian population due to the warriors migrating to the north many, many, many years ago? Or is there anothet explination for it?

- How far are you from Rajasthan?
>>
I'm Polish in the UK so I'm white but not a typical white person for the country I guess.
>>
>>24758931
I honestly have no idea about any of that, all the men i know in my family are very tall, and in general when i went to india a few years ago, every other guy there was atleast 6ft if not taller, and the shortest i would say was around 5'10. Not sure where this stereotype of indians being really short comes from, in general gujrati people tend to be very short on average from my observations, especially the females.
>>
>>24758931
happy new year to u tooo
>>24758984
kurwa
>>
>>24758984

It's funny how if you were in East New York, you'd be called 'whitey' or 'white boy'. Yet, if you were in The Hamptons or Norway, you'd be looked at like some awful alien outsider.

I suppose its safe to say you're a sort of 'white' rather than caucasian or a wasp.

>>24759023

Thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it.
>>
>>24758931
OP here, I'm Punjabi and one of the shortest in my family in the current generation and I'm 5'10". Most Punjabis I know are tall mfs.
>>
>>24759306

Not to generalize but punjabis tend to have fairer skin than other populations in India, no?
>>
>>24755532
Guess I qualify too. 28 year old male who's not big on religion in a 99% muslim middle eastern country
>>
>>24759687
in general yes, southernerns tend to be darker
>>
>>24759687
Erm yes we do 2bh. I'm quite ruddy but a little wheatish. Put it this way if I came back, I would pick this colour again, no hesitation.
>>
>>24758914
You dont by any chance post boob ever?

Btw white male but 45yo.
>>
I'm black. AMA
>>
>>24757870
Pic?
>>
>>24759832
Love the word "wheatish". Technically an English word but only ever used by Indians.
>>
>>24759907

I've heard the term used by some Dominicans to describe their skin color and bring up x, y and z for context. X, y and z is never 'cause there are black people in the family tree' or 'The Dominican Republic shares the island its on with Haiti'.

>>24759858

What do you see as a greater privledge: skin color or wealth?
>>
>>24755532
I'm black, 23 from America, but other than being black. I guess I'm an average internet person, I wouldn't call myself an average /soc/ person, a bit more like /r9k/ if I had to pick one board.
>>
>>24758914
Are you qt? Post pic if yes. What's it like living as a punjaban in India? I hardly ever see Punjabi people represented as anything other than buffoons in the media, Punjabi only seems to be spoken to portray someone as an idiot. Kinda rude tbqh.
>>24760087
I think 99% of the time, people will say colo(u)r.
>>
>>24760087
I'm not the other person but I'm black and I think wealth as a greater privilege and actually think economic injustice is a way bigger issue than racial injustice.

I'm not saying we should ignore racial and social issues, but some of the social issues would be less of an issue if the economic issue was properly addressed.
>>
>>24760106
I can only speak from my personal experience but I've seen a lot more doors (in terms of opportunities) being opened to me and I have wondered if these same doors would have opened had I not been fair skinned.
>>
19 brown guy in Georgia USA reporting in. I've had my fair share of being called a sand nigger
>>
>>24760128
Oh yeah, race and skin tone does play into our subconscious. I'm pretty pale myself, probably partial rufous albinism and wonder if certain situations would be different if I was darker or spoke or dress in a different manner.
>>
>>24760096

>I think
Nah

>>24760106

I appteciate your reply, and you have a great point about how more than a few isses wouldn't be so colossal if any number of economic issues were hammered out here in burgerland.
>>
>>24759849
I dont post boobage, no. Sorry about that lol
>>
>>24760087
Skin colour has little to do with someone attractiveness, its more to do with their features and body desu.
Also, wealth is ofcourse the greatest privilege, undoubtedly.
>>
>>24760195

You're not wrong, pretty and ugly come in all shades.

Are there guys in the UK that only go after desi women? Here in the US, we have terms like 'jungle fever' or 'yellow fever' for people who only go after black or asian women respectively. Its mostly 'I like the women, maybe the food, I dunno about everything else'. You know, fetishism.

There is no way of expressing that you're really cute without ruining this post so I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>24760263
As a brown guy in the US, I'm way more attracted to white women but that doesn't mean I wouldn't fuck any other race as long as they look good. Its just that my main preference is white women
>>
>>24760186
It's the films I watch, every time I see a Hindi film the Punjabis are always shown as complete retards. I always used to think it was just the inferiority complex of typical Indians coming through.
Whereabouts in England are you from? I'm from Bristol. Also sort of 2nd generation too (possibly 3rd). My parents went to British schools so they were assimilated early on, family has been here ages.
Wealth is a boost, but I don't know if I'd consider it a privilege in that I couldn't have made it without already having it. I started out with the bare minimum and have become pretty successful through talent and hard work and yes maybe some colour privilege.
You look so typically Punjabi btw, you could probably pass as my cousin. It's almost weird how Punjabis look so homogenous compared to how much of a mix there is in other desi ethnicities.
>>
>>24760263
Thank you ^_^
I think most south asian guys in the UK usually date within their own ethnicity cause its easy to deal with the family/culture side of things in a serious relationship when your family become a part of it. We dont really have that many eastasians in the UK so we dont really have the term 'yellow fever' here, people just date who they want.
From my experience and from what ive seen, pakistani men tend to date outside of their ethnic group alot more, mainly with white women, and also some indian but i think its less common with them.
>>
>>24755532
22 M 'Murican.
Not white.
Annoyed with my man child friends.
>>
>>24760282
If you're going by bollywood movies alone, all the men in the films are portrayed as creepy retards that break into a dance every 10 minutes. Thats hardly a representation of the community at large, can you give me an example of a film so i can perhaps understand abit better? I usually dont watch indian films or dramas at all so perhaps im quite out of touch with this whole thing.
Im from london, did you grow up in Bristol? Ive heard its a beautiful city.
Ive posted myself here before and people generally cant tell that im indian even though to me its obvious. I guess it shows how in general there's a misconception about how diverse the country is and how different we all look depending on the part of the country we come from.
What do you work as?
>>
>>24760186
You are a hottie. You sound like you are intelligent too.
>>
29 M and Military. I don't often run into people as old as me or in the military here.

>>24757587
A typical white kid in their 20's: College, a starter job, opinionated, unaware of their lack of experience, talk about music and movies instead of more unique interests, weed, still finding themselves, usually afraid of commitment, still learning what accountability and responsibility mean, cynical unless they are the rare ones that are the 10% that are super hopeful, optimistic, and positive.

That's my experience with them.
>>
>>24760339
A recent example is PK (the Aamir Khan film). I don't watch dramas so much but the trope exists even there, people speak Punjabi only when they want to sound cute or endearing or some crap like that.
No, I grew up in London too, moved here because yes, it's beautiful.
Already mentioned what I do here, pretty okay job 2bh
>>24756325
I'm OP but my ID keeps changing because I'm on mobile.
>>
>>24755532
>25/Mexican, graphic/industrial designer.
I stopped coming to /soc/ precisely because it became filled with lewd snapchat/kik threads with kids 18 and below.

When they named it Cams and Meetups, /soc/ truly died for me :(
>>
>>24760293

In what you described in Pakistani guys dating outside their race, do Pakistani women do the same? I don't want to assume 'no', but I digress (and I suppose depending if their 1st generation UK or otherwise matters in any cultural setting).

Also, do you speak either Hindi or Punjabi? Both?

>>24760378

The lack of 30+ threads makes me feel ancient, and reminds me when the board was created when post-chanogy /b/ had rate threads.

Your apt description reminded me of pic related.

>>24760402

Are you in Mexico City by any chance? Even if you're not, I'm blaming Nordy's lyme disease on you.
>>
>>24760678
I don't really worry about age. I look like I'm much younger than I am, and realistically I'll end up happily retired in a beach house overseas. My only concern is finding a girl that is feminine and mature enough for a real relationship instead of all the fuck, fuck games that people call relationships.

I've been on 4chan long enough to remember the rules. lol
>>
>>24760383
For some reason the way certain ethnic groups in the country are stereotyped in films doesn't bother me that much, but colorism really does. I don't think the industry really reflects the diversity of the people that live in south asia or india even, especially when it comes to the range of skintones, its sad really - people of darker skintones are usually portrayed as the bad guys or in general perceived as unattractive. The darkest actress is Bipasha Basu or deepkia padukone and theyre a major qts. Just wish it was more diverse.
>>24760678
Well its mainly all from my observations because i grew in a very tightknit south asian community when i was young. In general I think the women tend to mix alot less out of their culture and the men tend to be alot more open about it. Although conversion to islam is like a prerequisite to being accepted into the family, its almost like a formality regardless of what culture the person you marry is from.

I understand hindi and urdu very well (theyre very similar when spoken) but can only speak it alittle bit with fluency.
However I can speak and understand punjabi with confidence, and can also write it to a certain extent.
>>
>>24760765

Oh ya, there was even a guro board back and forced anonymous posting came and went a number of times on /b/.

I wish you the best of intelligence in your search, cause luck runs out when we need it the most.

>>24760805

I appreciate the response, it sheds light on things I couldn't have known about. Here in the US, its weird when people are super proud of their heritage/ancestry despite not speaking the language or knowing the historical context (and sometimes, cultural baggage) of their lineage. Yet, if there is a parade, suddenly they take pride in cultural milesones and achievements that they had nothing to do with. But some of us Americans do this every day, my favorite being 'if it wasn't for us, the French would be speaking German'.

Did you ever deal with with racism growing up in the UK? If so, was any of it from other Indians?

Also, how tall are you?

>mfw can speak and understand Spanish & Greek with confidence but always asked 'where are you from?'
>>
>>24760916
I don't need luck. haha I'm put together, stable, do interesting things with my life, not crazy, and found the magical countries where girls love white guys with blonde hair and blue eyes. haha
>>
>>24760916
yeah people behave very similarly over here too. I mean, some 2nd gen or 3rd gen southasians that were born here sometimes cant speak the language fluently and are somehow even more nationalistic or prideful of the country their parents came from. I mean if you look at pakistani and indian independence day, the community here celebrate it very openly with pride, even if they had nothing to do with the country.

From my experience, I haven't dealt with any outward racism towards my ethnic background, although there was this case of this international student from Hong Kong that stated that she didnt like indians for some reason, apart from that nothing directed to me.
What I will say though, is that southasian immigrant parents ( who were born and mainly brought up in southasia) can be alittle racist towards people of other cultures like blacks for example because they have the tendency to believe the negative stereotype that exist among them. Generally those that have grown up here tend not to have those beliefs. Ontop of that, there's alot of colorism within the community too, when i was young, southasian girls/boys of a darker skintone would be ridiculed slightly, especially with the Tamil community, who were openly laughed at because of their skintone as they tend to be very dark in general. This is quite an issue within the community, especially when it comes to marriage, older aunties and stuff tend to mention the colour of the girls skin before anything. Its sad and really shallow but its an issue that affects many other cultures all around the world such as east asia too.
Also younger southasians that grow up here tend to look down on the younger community of immigrants that may come from southasia to study here for whatever reason and label them 'freshies' and stuff - idk if thats racist lol
>>
>>24761069
About nationalist mentality in 2nd or 3rd gen, yeah that is somewhat common depending on the sort of people you speak to, it has a lot to do with class and affluence.
Wow a HK student. Ironically she would probably be the first to complain if someone directed the slightest bit of racism at her.
About the whole issue of skin colour, it's best to not let it concern you at all and just get on with being successful in life and doing whatever makes you happy, life is very short.
Not sure what you're actually looking for on /soc/ but if you want to chat my kik is 9uts. I'm OP btw. Otherwise it was nice to chatting to you, I haven't really come on /soc/ before, I'm usually on /g/ or /sci/ or /biz/ these days.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.