[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Where my aspie at? >Anyone else around here Asperger?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

>Where my aspie at?
>Anyone else around here Asperger?
>Have you ever tried having a normal social life?

http://aspennj.org/what-is-asperger-syndrome
>>
>tfw you suddenly learn you're an aspie
Welp.
>>
File: 1482627583153.jpg (38KB, 680x357px) Image search: [Google]
1482627583153.jpg
38KB, 680x357px
>>24728863
>>
File: IMG_20161105_010857.jpg (8KB, 198x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161105_010857.jpg
8KB, 198x220px
My brother's mildly aspie and it took me until this year (age 26) to realize I am too. It's to an even milder degree (I got socialized out of a lot of weird behavior since I'm a girl and people encourage girls socializing properly) and I do have a normal/active social life for the first time this year! Things have just fallen into place. Such a good feel. :)

Also my aspie traits tend to come out as positive things, like an insistence on being honest and weird/quirky habits that people think are sweet and cute. Feels good man

Except for my inability to handle noise and stress but whatever lol
>>
File: 3 - gvWhLEN.jpg (514KB, 956x626px) Image search: [Google]
3 - gvWhLEN.jpg
514KB, 956x626px
>>24728490
I've tried all my life to live a normal social life, it just doesn't work out, I end up making an idiot of myself and thinking everyone hates me or thinks I'm stupid
>>
File: The-Simpsons-Season-3-episode-1.jpg (15KB, 416x304px) Image search: [Google]
The-Simpsons-Season-3-episode-1.jpg
15KB, 416x304px
>>24729193
im 29 (and mildly aspie) and was dating a girl that was aspie and i didnt even know :(

was self destructive and broke up with her
feelsbadman
>>
>>24729558
Everybody makes mistakes. I guess chances are that if you were self-destructive, you weren't ready for a relationship right then anyway. Maybe you'll reconnect later or find something better.

I am curious about what it's like to date another aspie person though... Seems like it'd annoy me since I'm so easily stressed.
>>
>>24729577
I can see more pros of dating another aspie than what I can see cons. The way I see it is they'd be a whole lot more understanding of what I live with (which is something that seems to be immensely lacking amongst even my close friends) and that would go both ways, I'd have an idea of what they have to deal with on a daily basis as well
>>
>>24729581
I feel like my aspie traits are overall a positive rather than a negative. I'm also not very neurodivergent at all, I seem completely typical to people. So with that all in mind, I don't feel like I need that understanding, though support is always nice.

In the same vein, I used to think I'd want to date someone with anxiety like me, but it just made mine worse in the end. I see how it could be different for someone else though. But I think when something is a struggle for me I prefer to be with someone who is supportive of that but very different, so they can bring out a different side of me.
>>
File: 3fa38a9c04b745ffb62828d6e9ff507e.jpg (100KB, 460x1349px) Image search: [Google]
3fa38a9c04b745ffb62828d6e9ff507e.jpg
100KB, 460x1349px
>>24729591
I can see the logic in that, personally I see my aspie traits as all negative, all they've ever done is hold me back. I've had chances at relationships before that I've constantly ruined for one aspie reason or another, to the point where I've just given up. At this point I'm pretty confident I'm better off on my own, even if I don't like it, at least I'm saving someone else the hassle of having to put up with me
>>
>>24729595
Aw, there's no need to think that way :( you're obviously literate and like who's line, so you can't be too bad. In all seriousness, I think the self-esteem issues may be doing worse for you than the asperger's. It's okay to be different. Once I accepted that, and the good parts of myself (ie being a good friend and open person etc) and wanted to live up to them my social life really turned around.

Is therapy an option for you? There's worth in every person, imo. You've got something to offer. The chances at relationships are proof of that. And social skills can be learned too.

But I get why an aspie partner would help you too, sounds like it'd be a nice comfy relationship :)
>>
>>24729607
Therapy would be an option if I could afford it. The self esteem issues stem from being the weird fat kid my entire childhood and from being the weird fat shutin throughout my teenage years, all of the weirdness I attribute directly to my being an aspie. All I've ever wanted was to fit in, not be made fun of or ridiculed because I'm always the odd one out. I like going out and riding public buses with my headphones in because it makes me feel like just another person which is a huge comfort, it's nice to not stick out from the crowd once in a while
>>
>>24729618
I know how some of that can feel. I always felt like the odd one out too. How old are you? I think things get a bit better once you're around more mature people, but ofc it's still hard and a slow process to learn to trust and appreciate yourself. I really hope you get the money sometime, I know it helped me and I want to go back.

I gotta go to bed, but I'll check back in tomorrow if you wanna talk some more.
>>
>>24729635
I'm 21, turning 22 in April. The large majority of my friends are online, my best friend being 25, and most of the people I hang out with (on the rare occasion that I actually socialize) are often older than that, upwards of 28 years old.
>>
File: PRVCC6j.jpg (75KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PRVCC6j.jpg
75KB, 1080x1080px
Shameless bump

(secretly shameful)
>>
25-year-old Finnish aspie here.

I've tried having a normal social life, but it just doesn't work. I see my friends maybe twice a month and that's perfectly fine. I enjoy talking to people from the comfort of my apartment, though not really on the phone. Skype's a godsend. Well, sometimes.
>>
File: iGrSeR0.png (71KB, 314x351px) Image search: [Google]
iGrSeR0.png
71KB, 314x351px
Guess there's not many aspies on /soc/ huh, or maybe they're all too shy

>>24731651
I'm almost exactly the same, except swap the apartment for a house that I share with my dad, and that I absolutely hate skype
>>
>>24728490
Aspie here
Living a full social normie life
Had a bad time at first, in elementary, but with work I learned how to be a normie
Now I'm a secret faggot
>>
28yo NEET still living with my parents and also feeling unrequited love

Feels bad man
>>
27 year old Aspie in IL here. Got a sweet job where I deal with few people, and get to put those repetitive skills to work in law. I got lucky. Downside is finding a partner. Meeting people is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>24731651 here.
If anyone uses Skype and would like to talk about the autisms or whatever, mine is deathpowder.
>>
>>24735135
21yo NEET living with dad, also feeling a whole lot of unrequited love, from everyone I know including friends
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.