[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That feel when braces moved my upper teeth back and now it looks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: aa.jpg (365KB, 2068x1082px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
365KB, 2068x1082px
That feel when braces moved my upper teeth back and now it looks retarded when I smile as the upper lip moves backwards
I haven't even had any extractions, only regular braces
>>
well you've got straight teeth and a nice chin, it could be worse
>>
I actually like this aesthetic.
>>
dont worry its going back to normal when you take the brackets off

i used brackets for 2 years
>>
>>24659977
Wait for the finished product...
>>
>>24660536
You think so? Perhaps it's because of the bulging braces? Or maybe because my front teeth aren't fully aligned yet.
Either way it doesn't look normal
>>
>>24659977
I really hated my appearance, but after years I got over it. The reason I hated it was because of what braces did. Braces change peoples face for the worst. They influence the bone structure. It's not worth it just to have straight teeth. Of course it depends hold old you are when you get them and you're genetics. Sure plenty of people look fine.

No one really listens when I say this. They don't believe me. But I can't really do anything about that. It's a billion, if not trillion dollar industry world wide. So I choose to get on with my life Nd know if I ever have kids they won't be having braces.
>>
>>24660971
I got them at 22 though and I've heard that the biggest factor influencing bad face changes was extractions, which I didn't have. Do you think they changed my bone structure for the worse?
>>
>>24661113
>Do you think they changed my bone structure for the worse?
No, if they didn't pull any teeth then your bone shaped won't change, also you're 22 so your jaw is either almost or is done growing/changing.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3740712/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9088600
>>
>>24660971
Do you have any sort of proof pointing to this being more than something you've convinced yourself of because you dislike the structure of your face and feel the need to blame external factors?
Plus, and this may just be personal bias, but gross misaligned snaggleteeth completely ruin facial aesthetics for me. A mouthful of janky crooked teeth is one of my biggest turn-offs.
>>
>>24661169
then why the hell does my upper lip slope back like that? ;-;
>>
>>24661113
Bone structure and tooth arch are two different things. Obviously braces will always change the arch and alignment of the teeth, that's the point. . The arch could be pulled in further and that's what it seems the op is worried about. Braces will pull all of the teeth tightly together which MUST make the arch smaller. But when it comes to bone structure 22 is far too old for that to have happened. Bone structure would only be influenced on someone who is still growing.

>>24661174
I don't care enough to debate it. I already said my piece. And my teeth weren't gross so it was pointless for me to have them.
>>
>>24661353
But don't over estimate the effect of braces. A lot of this just your genetics and it's possible braces exacerbated the problem to a minor degree.
>>
File: d.jpg (364KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
364KB, 576x1024px
>>24661420
>Braces will pull all of the teeth tightly together which MUST make the arch smaller.
Well I had a crowded bite/smile and it's already widening, but I don't like that the teeth seem to have been pulled back, which might be causing this odd curling or backward sloping of the upper lip when smiling (seen on the OP on the right). I hope it's something that will subsede after the treatment. I had an appointment with my orthodontist today, I should have asked her but I thought it was too autistic and now I'm regretting it. :--D
Thankfully it's not that noticeable from the front
>>24661427
fugg
well from what I can see on old pics it didn't slope back like that before
>>
>>24661353
Soft tissue changes mainly
>>24661622
You're tucking your lips in, that makes it look 100% worse. Your braces are in the middle of your teeth so you're pulling you lip up farther then you used to, and that's what seems to look so bad.
Srs tho your before pic is 5/10 and your after is 7/10 easy, your hair and beard make you look way better and even if you think your lip is a problem, you're more handsome regardless.
>>
>>
>>24662071
REEEE
>>
B
>>
>>24661982
Thanks
I think my face has generally matured a bit during this 1.5 year.
I hope I won't look terrible with short hair as I'm balding quite aggressively.
>>
>>24659977
Brace's glue fucked up my enemal....
>>
>>24661622
>>24659977

Stop tucking your lips in and smile normally you drooling, fucking retard. Jesus.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.