[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we talk about accents. What kind of accent do you have?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0008.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
ITT we talk about accents.

What kind of accent do you have? Do people point it out to you? How has your accent helped you with the opposite sex?

I just moved to one of the largest cities in the US from the South. I have a pretty thick accent apparently. I've been told I sound like Bradley Cooper in American Sniper. I never noticed my accent until I moved and everyone started pointing it out for me. It's mainly women who do this. They always compliment it.
>>
I have an Irish accent
>>
>>24624723
Specifics? My business partner is Irish but he sounds nothing what Americans think an Irish accent is.
>>
>>24624736
Dublin accent
>>
I have the "Miami" accent which is really just my slight Cuban accent but with a unique cadence to the speech pattern
>>
File: 1468666907575.png (70KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468666907575.png
70KB, 512x512px
I have an Australian accent, not the crocodile dundee type though
>>
File: 1478726122479.jpg (6KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
1478726122479.jpg
6KB, 250x164px
australian accent, and not the sexy kind.
people either ignore it or make fun of it
>>
Yorkshire accent. Had a thing with an Australian guy when I was travelling who seemed to be actively turned on by it, which was interesting.
>>
>>24624809
>>24624813
My friend refers to his accent as Bogan. What's that?
>>
>>24624827
Any UK accent is attractive imho
>>
Slight southern accent. Born in North Carolina, so when i go to the beach and all the northeners come here it gets pointed out alot
>>
Stereotypical British accent here. Posh as fuck m8.
>>
>>24624975
Bogans are roughly the Aussie equivalent of trailer trash
>>
i have a bit of a minnesota accent.
>>
>>24624633
English is my second language, but I don't really have an accent. A couple of words have a bit of a Texan drawl and when I'm drunk it can come out thick, but I don't really know why. My accent hasn't really helped me romantically but some people think it's a plus that I speak English and Spanish fluently.
>>
Australian.

I like Russian/German accents.
>>
Midwestern part of the US accent, I guess. I've been mistaken for Canadian a few times.
>>
>>24624978
Would not have expected that!
>>
>>24624633
I have a Southern Appalachian accent. Most people from other parts of the US would probably just assume it's a Southern accent.
>>
Englishman here
I have a very broad Derbyshire, I sound really common but look upper class, fun times

Also pmsl at everyone saying british accent, there's no such thing as a British accent other than what is stereotyped in media
In fact if you call yourself british and aren't equally 25% english Scottish northern Irish and Welsh your a unpatriotic Muslim loving lefty
>>
I wish I knew a girl with a Ukrainian accent, I'd do anything just to have her speak for me.
>>
I'm half swedish and south american. I do think that my accent is a mix of them. Idon't know why , but people have told me that i sound eastern european.
>>
BBC English accent, so basically I'm posh as fuck.

I like it though, it adds legitimacy to any bullshit I come out with.
>>
>>24624723
M or f, will you talk for us pls?
>>
Northern English accent (Northumbrian/Cumbrian rather than the area southerners consider the north

It's alright, used to be a lot stronger but I get comments on it sometimes
>>
I'm Irish

>>24624736

Darby O'gill (and your media in general) really fucked up Americans perception of Irish accents.
>>
>>24625779
Hahaha right?
You could go to America or Canada, tell people you work for the British government and see them all assume you're 007.
>>
New Zealander here.
Everyone thinks im Australian online. Had a couple of canadian backpackers all over me on a bus down country because of my accent once tho.
>>
>>24624633

>What kind of accent do you have?
West London, slight influence from my Australian dad

>Do people point it out to you?
I live in San Francisco, so constantly - about half my intereactions. Outside of cities like SF, LA & NYC it occurs in nine out of ten interactions.

>How has your accent helped you with the opposite sex?
Significantly.
>>
Scottish accent, Glaswegian to be precise.

Only when they're not used to hearing a Scottish accent, or when it's online it's always the usual "I love Scottish accents" stuff.

I haven't actively used it in that regard so yeah, no idea in that one.

Generally hate my accent though, just not a fan of it at all. Others seem to really like hearing it, don't know what it is. Ah well.
>>
>>24627063
Weegie here too. Typical Glasgow uni wanker accent unfortunately. In the same boat as you though, most foreigners (particularly americans & canadians) seem to have a thing for it.
>>
I have a thick mexican accent that I'm deeply ashamed of.
>>
>>24626492
Ooo what about you? I loooove guys with Irish accents :3
>>
>ctrl+f
>redneck
>0 results
shit thread
>>
>>24624633
LONDONnnn, Cuz I'm a posh Boris twat
>>
I have a southern accent when I'm trying to be polite, a Californian accent when I'm arguing, and my neutral accent is a mix of the two
>>
>>24625076
Wooooo
>>24625670
Cocky motherfucker
>>
Well I'm french and haven't practiced oral english since my studies are over 5 years ago so I have a very thick accent but my american friend once told me it was "an accent to die for".
>>
South African, not the Afrikaans one you see in every fucking international movie, more leaning on the British well spoken side.

Wouldn't say it's helped, 'most people overseas mistake it for a Australian or NZ accent, sometimes even British, god knows how.
>>
File: 1459668578123.png (32KB, 953x574px) Image search: [Google]
1459668578123.png
32KB, 953x574px
New Zealand Accent.
>>
I have a northern Irish accent

It sounds like a mix of Scottish and American I've been told by those abroad
>>
>>24627427
I have a friend from the northernmost part of Ireland and I can definitely hear a hint of scottish in her accent.
>>
>>24627433
Yeah the north coast sounds very Scottish tbf even I would get confused between the two

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_odqGRR1fc0

I sound like the guy being interviewed in this
>>
Canadian here, I've been in every province in Canada and never actually heard a real person talk with the stereotypical Canadian accent you hear on TV. I have no idea where that stereotype comes from and its always confused me. We sure do say buddy/bud alot though.
>>
>tfw no bf with nordic, russian, or german accent
life is s u f f e r i n g
>>
>>24627132
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>24627355
French accents are the sexiest!

This thread lacks vocaroos.
>>
>>24627497
only newfies, and even then rarely
>>
Shitty French accent when I don't want to sound pretentious, otherwise I have a bit of a southern US accent. Because of the amount of English-speaking media I ingurgitate I can do a solid posh and Canadian too.
>>
>>24625679
I slip between Queensland(Australian) and London.

When I'm drunk I tend to sound Irish.

In school my Australian peers gave me no end of flak for my non standard accent, and when I attended school in England it was the same.

My accent has had a marginally positive impact on my love life, mostly as it makes me appear 10 times smarter than the average bogan when I'm in Australia, and 10 times less chav when in England.
>>
Sometimes I slip into my Newfoundland accent. It's like Irish but worse.
>>
>>24626964
That's because anyone outside of our countries are retarded.
>>
>>24627085
Why?
>>
>>24627418
Who confuses them?

Where are they from?
>>
>>24627422
Fucking Kiwis.

Why are your accents better?
>>
>>24627522
YESSSS.

Except I go for both sexes.
>>
>>24629057
Can you do a pommie accent?
>>
>>24629201
Wait, so you're a bogan?
>>
File: 1459968500290.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459968500290.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>24624633
As a person from Iceland, I sound like the Skyrim NPCs
>>
That Australian bitch again.

I just forgot to fill this out.

Only foreigners.

I'm attracted to both, but it does shit all because it doesn't matter.
>>
>>24629328
That sounds cool.

Record your voice.
>>
>>24629309
Way better than an Aussie one
>>
>>24629342
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1o2bas5hawO
>>
>>24629379
That's a fantastic voice.
>>
File: 1452494705965.jpg (32KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1452494705965.jpg
32KB, 380x380px
>>24629544
so is ur face, lol owned
>>
Scouse laa
>>
>>24629654
Why the hostility?

No everyne hates voices like that.
>>
>>24629681
I was saying your face was fantastic.
>>
>>24629710
You said "lol, owned" at the end.

Supposed to be insulting or?
>>
>>24629725
it was a joke. I didn't know people actually ever said "lol owned" in full seriousness...
>>
File: 1416278350829.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1416278350829.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
I have a crush on cute boys with French accents
If there is a cute boy with a french accent or a cute boy who can speak french here, please say hello !
>>
>>24629732
Some retards have.

But they did it on purpose.
>>
>>24629752
Record your voice nooooow
>>
I'm very Mexican, but I grew up in West Texas si I have the drawl. White girls I've hung out with hate country guys, but something about an American accent on a beaners drives them nuts. I also find that old Texans trust me more and are willing to give me better opportunity and several jobs in the past. It's gotten me far
>>
>>24624633

Filipino here. I actually have a somewhat thick British accident due to living in southern England for a number of years as a child.

The accent has helped with women and some friends. They always wonder how an Asian man can sound so Euro.
>>
Dutch accent.
AKA the shittiest accent ever concieved.
>>
F
British accent ?
>>
>>24624978
Clearly you have not heard the Birmingham or Black country accent. Which is where I'm lovingly from.
>>
>>24630461
On females pretty much any uk accent does it for me.
>>
>>24624633
I talking like a eastern ruler in Rome II. Kek
>>
>>24629739
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0qbSCI5GDEw
>>
>>24629739
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1BMIeeezbNA

Here in french.
But to stay on topic, it's a huge handicap, I don't know why, but the "R" sometimes doesn't come out that great when I speak english.
>>
>>24624633
Can someone explain an "Ohio" accent to me? I've had numerous people not from Northeastern Ohio tell me I have an accent.
>>
I have a southern accent, I grew up in Arkansas in the US. Moved up to Illinois, and yes people point it out a decent bit. People compliment it. I kinda hate it though to be honest.
>How has it helped with the opposite sex?
I'm not sure that it ever has, no one has ever really went on much about it so as far as I know I haven't run into any guys with an affinity for southern accents.
>>
>>24630885
Sounds like corn?
>>
>>24630932
Southern belle accent?
>>
I think the most expressive, rich accent in the English language is that of Newfoundland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxR6YPW24X0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHB32ll7Ce8
>>
>>24630954
There are many southern accents, and I doubt someone from Arkansas grew up sounding like a southern belle. You're thinking more like Charleston, South Carolina.

Fun fact, there are two words you need to know to live in Charleston.
1) the name of the town: ChAWEl-ston
2) the Woh-ah, as in "The Woh-ah of Northern Agression"
>>
>>24630950
What? lol
I guess lol. Sometimes I think it's not that noticeable and then I saw something so southern it's blatantly noticeable even to me.
>>
>>24630979
This.
>>
>>24630979
So more like waterboys mother then?
>>
Scottish
Any time I speak to someone from outside of Scotland I get told that I have an Amazing accent.

Every North American girl I have ever spoke to has loved it.

I'd love to chat with some new people if anybody is down
>>
>>24624633
I'm from the South too, however since I spent most of my life on the coast, I have almost no detectable accent. When I get drunk is another story though. I get real southern, real quick.
>>
>>24631013
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Ks5puYQNZE
Well that's it. I don't really know how to describe it lol.
>>
>>24631039
Yeah if I get drunk my accent gets really thick lol
>>
>>24631059
You sound like the girls I went to school with across the state line in northeastern Oklahoma. Whether or not my region is southern is a whole fucking argument. I think Southwest, Midwest, and Deep South all meet in OKC.
>>
>>24631067
Also I love how people up North are amazed by how much we actually say "y'all"
>>
>>24631059
Oh you sound adorable!
I love how you say figured
>>
>>24631080
Hm. Well I've lived in Illinois now for three years. People are always pointing out that I'm not from here lol.
>>24631081
I've cut back on saying it a lot since I moved, but I still say it regularly. I usually have to repeat myself when I say the word "soda" instead of "pop" lol.
>>
>>24631101
Aw thanks :)
>>
>>24631116
We need an accent challenge thread id love to hear more from you
>>
>>24631105
Half the time I just say "coke"
>>
Dude here - I have a very nuanced southern accent and grew up in the south. My family were some of the first settlers of the Appalachian mountains in the Carolina's so they all have very old south accents.
>>
File: dudley.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dudley.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
>>24630830
Even when they literally talk like this?
>>
>>24631212
Also allow me to translate.

"If you're soft enough to come down here, (something I don't understand). Your tea will be spilt"
>>
I have no idea about my accent. I'm from North Serbia, born into a Hungarian family. Both sides say I have a weird manner of speaking.
I know I hate my voice. It's deep and dumb and silly. My friends always comfort me that it's reassuring and calming.
>>
>>24631159
I feel sorry for you and your kin. You are the most overlooked, actively oppressed, openly scorned ethnic group in the country. Your accent used in a show or cartoon immediately signals that character as dimwitted and naive. Nobody is interested in alleviating poverty and implementing social programs for poor Appalachians despite having higher unemployment, lower life-expectancies, higher rates of drug use, and higher rates of suicide than America's worst inner-cities. An unarmed young black man gunned down in an American city is talked about on the news for a week or more and rallies immediate call for action. A billionaire tycoon bribes regulators, flouts required safety measures, and kills almost two dozen coal miners. He gets a year imprisonment, his lawyer pushes for probation, and people give NOT! ONE! FUCK!

sorry for the digression...
>>
>>24631260
None of my kin is poor. We worked hard over two centuries and most of my family now lives well above their means. I'm proud of my heritage and proud of the strong men and women that paved the way for me to be here today.
>>
>>24631331
Good to hear.
>>
>>24631247
I mean, Northern part of Serbia. I-I'm sorry.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (2MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
2MB, 1280x1280px
I'm Scottish, have a teuchtar accent because I'm from the Highlands
>>
>>24631398
I love the Scottish accent, and Scottish twitter.
Are the women as charming with that accent as the men?
>>
American Southern girl.

My fiance' is a man from New South Wales in Australia.

We both love each other's accents, though I think I fancy his more than he fancies mine.
>>
>>24626964
Fucking love the kiwi accent
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.