[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night I met a woman from a dating site for the first time.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1475710481731.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475710481731.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
Last night I met a woman from a dating site for the first time. We're both in out late 20's.

Even though she picked the time, she informed me that she had to work early the next morning and couldn't stay out late. We ended up meeting a little earlier, at my suggestion because I've done shift work and sympathize. She said that was nice through text.

There were some awkward pauses in conversation, but that's to be expected the first time people meet. We have a fair number of common interests and share a similar world view.

As we were leaving I asked her if she wanted to meet up again. She seemed kind of hesitant, but said sure. Before we parted ways, she asked me to contact her at the beginning of the week to set something up. I mentioned the plans we made a few minutes earlier. She kind of nodded and looked in the other direction before leaving.

I texted her to see if she'd made it home okay. She said she had and asked me the same. I responded with a reference to a joke we'd made earlier. To which she replied, "haha, good!" I'm now realizing I didn't take the opportunity to say good night. Oh well...

Anyway I'm debating whether to text her today and see if she still wants to meet up, but don't want to come off as too eager. We share common interests and part of her disengagement might be her laid back personality, fatigue from work and nervousness about the upcoming busy season.

Nonetheless I don't want to waste my time if she's not interested.

What should I do?

As a backstory, she took awhile to message me back on the site. In her defense, I had said in my first message that I wouldn't want to meet for a few weeks. We messaged back and forth for awhile, sometimes not responding to each other for a few days to a week. I invited her to a free comedy show. She responded a few days after the show that she had been busy, offered me her number and asked me if I wanted to meetup that weekend.
>>
>>24591363
You don't want to waste time but write this huge wall of text here because of some chick you have dated?
Makes sense to me
>>
Yes, definitely message her. Worst case scenario she doesn't respond, big whoop
>>
>>24591371
>dated

We met once.

>huge wall of text
I'm a writer. Typing the events helps me put things in perspective and relieve anxiety. It serves multiple purposes.

Should I text her or does she sound disinterested?
>>
Ask her how her day is going
Or tell her you had fun last night

She'll like the attention.
>>
>>24591381
>Ask her how her day is going
The day after we met? It feels a bit too soon.

The more I think about it, the more it looks like a failed date. I missed plenty of opportunities to show off my cool side and came off as boring and a bit weird.
>>
>>24591363
If she really doesn't want to go on that second date, she'll weasel her way out of it somehow
Just wait and see if that happens, you don't have to worry about how she feels, those are her own worries.
>>
>>24591461
Yeah. I take the approach that there are other women out there. This woman seemed particularly cool, but if she's not into me she's not into me.

Should I text her today or wait until tomorrow?
>>
>>24591486
Wait until when she said to text her to make arrangements, texting before that is pointless
Or, if you already have another date set up, text her the day of to make sure it's still happening
>>
>>24591492
She said to text her at the beginning of the week. We met last night. Sunday is the beginning of the week, but I think she meant Monday. I guess I'll wait until then.
>>
>>24591512
That's what I would say too
Monday is, by most, seen as the beginning of the week. Even though that's not true
>>
>>24591583
Thank you for the advice.
>>
Some honest advice..You are coming on WAY to hard and desperate (being the 'nice guy') girls run from that. Some subtle examples....
> she informed me that she had to work early the next morning and couldn't stay out late
She wasn't wanting to meet up earlier she was giving herself an easy way to get out of the date early if it went south. If she says she has to get up early text back something like 'thats cool cause I can't stay out late either' and leave it at that. Trust me if you hit it off she will stay out late.
>As we were leaving I asked her if she wanted to meet up again.
Don't ask her if the date went ok TELL her you had a good time and you'd like to see her again, and leave it at that.
>I texted her to see if she'd made it home okay
NO NO NO. After the date do NOT text her back for at least a week otherwise you are coming off as desperate and needy. Not texting back for a week you will be surprised how this will give you a slight advantage because even if she wasn't that into you if you leave her hanging for awhile it makes you seem like you dont need her cause girls even if they aren't super into you want you to be into them and if you play the role as slightly disinterested it works heavily in your favor.
>Anyway I'm debating whether to text her today
NO NO NO! See above.

>Nonetheless I don't want to waste my time if she's not interested
You are always going to be wasting you time acting desperate and 'nice' ie texting her right after the date to ask if she returned safe.( save that shit for a relationship)
>What should I do?
Be cool not nice. Patience is key it's hard when you want to get laid but be patient and be interested but always subtlety pretend you have better shit to do.
First dates are lame and awkward but don't act that way. And for Gods sake jerk off atleast once right before the date
>>
>>24591805
Thank you for the advice.

I put off the meet up, it wasn't a date, for a week because I was busy. I regretted offering to meet early, but she had texted me only a couple hours before we were supposed to meet anyway. It didn't seem like a big deal, but yeah I shouldn't have done it.

I didn't ask her generically if she wanted to meet up again. I asked her to a comedy show that she said she enjoyed that I normally can't attend due to my schedule.

She asked me to text her back at the beginning of the week. I'll do that since we sort of made plans for Wednesday.

>Patience is key. It's hard when you want to get laid.

I'm 28. I've been laid plenty; I'm looking to settle down. Easy there, pardner.
>>
>>24591363
Page 10 bump.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.