[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm supposed to meet a young woman from OkCupid on Saturday

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: asingleman2.jpg (30KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
asingleman2.jpg
30KB, 400x267px
I'm supposed to meet a young woman from OkCupid on Saturday night for drinks. We'd been messaging on and off for a few weeks. She'd waited awhile to respond to me so I didn't take it too seriously, but sent her a message back just in case. The lady took awhile again, but eventually we'd been messaging for awhile. I asked her to a comedy show. She didn't respond until a few days after it passed and offered me her phone number. A few messages before she'd given me her name.

We've sent each other text messages since then. Usually one or two long ones per 24 hours. Yesterday was the first time she hadn't texted me since we exchanged numbers, but we sent each other two long text messages today. They tend to be pretty big.

I'm worried that she's not interested. She doesn't go on OkCupid very often and says she's not a big user of social media, but I wonder if she's trying to get a free drink out of me or if she's bored and wants a quick hookup.

Should I prepare for a let down? Both of us are in our late 20's. We're not old, but we're not young either. I don't want to waste my time on casual dates with no prospect of a long-lasting relationship.

What do you think?
>>
I really think you are reading to much into it and should ease up. Meet up and see how that feels first. And if you are worried about her trying to get a free drink, just don't pay for her at all? She's a grown ass woman and can pay for herself.
>>
>>24579638
Thanks for the advice. If the date goes well, I should probably kiss her, but I know from past experience it's better for me to go slow. Without going into detail, should I explain that to her if things go well?
>>
>>24579639
Take it slow. Don't kiss a women on the first date if you've never meet her before. Well, if she tells you she wants it, that's another story, but that's unlikely. Go with the flow and be casual.
>>
Go out, buy her a drink & have fun. As the other anon said, you're reading into the situation too much.

I used to overthink the same way you do OP, but experience has taught me just to live for the moment. If it feels right, and the evening's been enjoyable, kiss her. If she's clearly not interested, give her a hug & move on.
>>
>>24579645
That's my general thinking, but I've been told otherwise. Then again, that was in my early and mid 20's. My mentality fits that of an older adult. Thank you for the reassurance. I feel more confident now.

>>24579646
>buy her a drink
Not happening. She provides for herself, in fact much better than I provide for me.

The rest is a good advice though. Most of the time I offer a handshake and a suggestion for another date if things go well.
>>
>>24579670

Its good etiquette. It shows that you're willing to sacrifice at least a little to attain her affections.

You're playing a game, mate. Just buy the girl one drink..
>>
>>24579630
Shit. I might have a cold. I already pushed back the meet up a week. I don't want to cancel again.
>>
>>24579695
I will let her drink from my virile stream of supplication once she has proven herself worthy of partaking in the thundercock.

I'm not a cuck. I don't buy women. They're independent or they're not my type.
>>
>>24579702

I tried.
>>
>>24579630
Think you should just ask her for a date already stop going into it with a defeated attitude already. Just give it a try if it is for a free drink who gives a shit. You won't know until you take that step
>>
>>24580076
yo fuckweed. mother fucka said he axed the botch out in deh first post. u illiterate r somethin'?
>>
>>24579702
Oh boy.
>>
>>24580024

You tried to dissuade the Chad, but he was unwilling to go off topic. Pitiful beta male...

>>24580663
Yes. Oh is what I give the women. Boy is what you are compared to a mastodon hung embodiment of the Y chromosome such as myself.
>>
>>24580433
I'm hoping this fellow is trolling.
>>
>>24581525
Bump.
>>
>>24579645
idk about that I always go for a kiss on a first date if I feel like I want to see that person again. If she doesn't reciprocate, no 2nd date
>>
>>24579702
rofl no wonder you're single you dumb shit. I bet you don't tip either. What a fucking neckbeard
>>
>>24581727
We've never met in person before.

>>24581735
Most of that was satire. Once I'm in a relationship or friendship with someone, I'll cover them once in awhile, but it's sexist to expect a man to cover the bill because of his gender.

I do tip. Waiters/delivery drivers have to make a living.
>>
all u beta males iz afraid f tru Chad. Hahaha. dun pay 4 drnk mek hr pay 4 urs.
>>
So I'm going to tag onto this thread.

I joined okcupid about a month ago. I messaged people and got.fuck all back.

This one girl did give like one or two words answers, but I thought, right clearly not interested. My last message had been
>Fancy dinner this week?

After no response I forgot about her.

Here we are several weeks later and she's said "sure, when"

So I gave a day. And now I have had no response.

Like, what the hell is the point in messaging if youre not actually interested? You either are interested, or arent. Explain it to me.

Online dating is frustrating!
>>
>>24584063
They sense the withered beta penis hiding between the buttons of your keyboard and realize the only pleasure they will gain from you is through teasing.

>>24584028
There's nothing I can say that will insult you more than your post.
>>
>>24579699
I might be sick. Should I still go through with it?
>>
>>24584725
If she is interested then great. If not don't waste my time.

This messaging me after weeks and then bit answering just hacks me off
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.