[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am making a mobile videogame geared towards a Christian audience.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cross-2-kume-bryant[1].jpg (263KB, 895x900px) Image search: [Google]
cross-2-kume-bryant[1].jpg
263KB, 895x900px
I am making a mobile videogame geared towards a Christian audience. The idea is to have a fun game that Christian parents will approve of their children playing, or even for the parents themselves to enjoy.

Problem is, while I was raised Christian, my family was not very religious, church never had a high priority in my life, and I don't really know where the boundaries lie when it comes to what is and isn't acceptable. I am here today looking to talk with some people who were once leaders in their church, people who understand what is acceptable and unacceptable in the eyes of Christian communities. You are on 4chan, so I imagine that your feelings for the church won't be as strong as they used to be, that is why I am hoping for a more objective outside-looking-in approach. I want to learn as much as I can about the way hardcore Christians think so I can appeal to their interests.

If you are a writer and wish to participate in this project in a tangible way, I may be willing to hire you to help write the script, but that isn't my objective for this post today.

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, but I might withhold information for the sake of keeping the idea for this game private and unique. Cheers.
>>
Is it a game where you lynch gays and niggers?
>>
>>24551215
Add arabs and europeans and I would buy in an instant
>>
>>24551215
of course not. I am trying to focus on the positive side of Christianity, do to other as you would have them do to you, don't lie steal or cheat, respect your fellow man, etc.
>>
>>24551207
>>24551235
> Christian video game
> parents will approve
> positive side of Christianity
so a video game with
no Action, violence, lanuage, sex, or death
no Magic, occult, greed, loot

already doomed to fail
>>
>>24551455
There are plenty of videogames like that. The antagonist has to be the environment, no direct violence.
>>
>>24551455
Greed is one of the sins a good Christian has to overcome. Part of why I am asking here today is to decide whether or not things like sloth and greed and gluttony are things that are appropriate for a child to face and understand. Of course, the game would guide the child to make the right decisions, but is it too much to even be in the game at all?
>>
>>24551455
What about thievery? If you have to confront thieves about their wrongdoings, is that inappropriate for a Christian child?
>>
>catering to heretical apostates
why?
>>
>>24551455
Everyone sins, but a good Christian doesn't let those sins shape who they are.

>>24551487
I'd say even if a child doesn't understand it, if they then ask their parents why that certain action is good/bad, then the game still serves its purpose.

In any case, best of luck to you. Don't let us apostates poison the well too much.
>>
make it like the Sims, except the moment they make their virtual person do something that's wrong by Christian standards they are immediately sent to hell

>create your character!
>choose your character's faith!
>kid chooses islam
>screen immediately fills with hellfire and a big GAME OVER

>kid's character fails their catechism test!
>oh no, what's little billy going to do?
>chooses to lie about the grade to virtual mom
>screen immediately fills with hellfire and a big GAME OVER
>>
Put religion in the story and gameplay on the screen.
>>
>>24551455
The stories in the Bible have all that and more.
>>
>>24553191
Because those apostates have a lot of money, and no one is currently catering to them
>>24553231
The question I need to ask is what are appropriate problems and decisions for Christian children to tackle. Should I include reprimands for poor decision making, or focus entirely on positive reinforcement
>>24553400
Thats the gameplan
>>24553464
It's been my experience that most christians have never read the bible, and are quite appalled by many of the stories told within. Its ironic that the holy book may not be the best guide.
>>
>>24554035
The holy books are an excellent guide, provided you're not a heretical apostate who believes it to be 100% literal. If you are then there's no shortage of scenes that can be reenacted in a video game

>killing all of the Amalekites, as well as all their livestock and leveling their cities and towns
>destroying Sodom and Gomorrah
>Dynasty Warriors-type levels where you have to kill a bunch of Assyrians/Babylonians/Seleucids/Romans
>>
>>24554342
Nah. Can't make it too violent when catering to Christian parents. Trying to include the entire spectrum of Christianity is a difficult task, I have to worry about offending all sorts of people.

ergo, only the most innocuous idea will work, to pit the player against the environment and nothing more.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.