[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else trying to make it in entertainment? Either on camera

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20161019-151147.jpg (381KB, 1720x816px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161019-151147.jpg
381KB, 1720x816px
Anyone else trying to make it in entertainment?
Either on camera or off doesn't matter. Respond itt. I want to know what everyone is doing. If enough ppl respond I'll make a group in kik or Discord so we can keep in contact. You just never know, a nobody today can be a somebody tomorrow!
>>
>>24473870
well i'm applying to film schools rn coz i wanna direct ppl. that count?
>>
>>24473870
as in adult entertainment?
>>
>>24474002
Yes it does
What do you want to go to school for?
>>
>>24474026
Directors school. Duh lol what kind of movies do you want to do?
>>
Yes, dude, the more I get into productions the more I realize it's who you know/worked with/etc...
>>
>>24473870
When I was the UPM for Generational Sins (comes out in December) half of our staff (including myself) were hired because someone already on staff knew of them. For example, I was filling (and poorly filling) the AD position until the MUA came up to me after noticing I was overworked and told me about an awesome AD she knew... she was on set within a day working with us.
>>
>>24473870
Let me tell you this... I was a PA for a Director like... 7 years ago. I worked hard, and I did it for free... 7 years later he called me to be the UPM for 100/day... That's kinda how it works. Find a in for "free" labor to build your connections and resume.
>>
>>24474026
Entertainment is entertainment right?
>>
I wrote my first feature this year and I'll be directing it in November. The whole process has been exciting and scary. Can't wait to start shooting.
>>
Op here
Such an awesome response!
I've written a couple of things, I'm nowhere near working on a set though.
>>
>>24474153
No shit? Info swap? Where will you being shooting?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161019-165639.jpg (358KB, 1298x1752px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161019-165639.jpg
358KB, 1298x1752px
I started the group. Here's the code
>>
>>24474258
Oh shit, I don't have kik. So sorry. Skype though.
>>
>>24474165

Wilmington NC. What crew positions are you interested in?
>>
>>24474265
NO FUCKING SHIT! I'm in Goldsboro, honestly, I'm just looking to get some experience, regardless of potion. I apologize, I'm in the military (Air Force) so I can curse at times. Skype: Izakoe
>>
>>24474275
*No fucking shit!? (if you're not from Wilmington, Goldsboro is like 1.5 hours away, I meant to sound surprised, not condescending... no thanks to be fat thumbing punctuation).
>>
>>24474275

Word! I'll definitely hit you up.
>>
>>24474291
Please do, I have a few moments now. Even if you don't want to bring me on, it would be great to make connections either way.
>>
>>24474298

Is that an upper case i or a lower case L in your name?
>>
>>24474303
NEGATORY, My skype is: izakoe
My name is Isaac March
>>
>>24474303
Also, I've been a PA, AC, AD and UMP... however, I'm super armature at all, just so you're aware. I'm most comfortable and penitent at being UMP.
>>
>>24474317
>penitent
* ****comfortable
>>
>>24474291
Dude... I'm sorry, I'm wasted...
>>
>>24474118
this

>>24474138
sounds like a lot of money, but is still low budget for that job

>>24474153
how to start making films 101

Pro filmmaker since 08 - went to four year film school. Got a great network and played with millions of dollars of equipment. But I really wouldn't reccomend this path to anyone - especially in the post DSLR stages.

Also, if you want to work on real shows / films, it's easy enough to get started as a PA during the summer - but you need to be in NYC or LA.
>>
I have several ideas for short films (easily could be full length) but have almost no knowledge of production. Can't afford college or to pay people. Anyone have tips on where to learn about directing and writing, or just any advice in general? Having ideas and not having the resources to be creative is depressing as fuck. lol
>>
>>24474430
write 2 - 3 page script
>celtx for poorfag program, but who gives a fuck, use word
have 2 cast members. maybe 3.
1 location. maybe 2.
Get a few actors. You can act if you want, but I recommend you hold the camera.
Even if the camera is your cell phone.

This is how you learn to make films. Legit.
>>
>>24474443
What about audio? Phone camera probably wouldn't be good enough?
>>
>>24474458
It won't be great, no.
So try a silent film =)
That's actually a great exercise in learning how to be a filmmaker. Thinking and executing stories visually.

Or operate and make sure your hand doesn't cover mic - make sure you shoot importtant dialogue close enough for 'on-board microphone' to pick up.

Or a consumer camera you can borrow from someone you know - those mics should be better than your cell.

But for your first few films, quality isn't nearly as important as content. Learning how to get an idea from your head to screen.
>>
I'm doing internships right now but I'm hopeful for something to come up
>>
>>24474471

I like your diy attitude man, do you have a production in the works?

For anyone else looking to get started: If you're trying to raise money for a feature, crowdfunding can be great but you have to build up your social networks first. Having a solid presence on Facebook is especially important. I would say start with indiegogo so you keep whatever you raise and shoot for about $1k.

As far as cameras, a Canon DSLR can get some great images, especially if you grade them well, but you'll probably want to find someone who's into photography to actually do the shooting, unless you're way into cameras and familiar with ISOs and focal lengths.

Also, invest in a NTG3 shotgun mic, a boom pole and some lavalier mics. If you can afford some lights too, Neewer has a really good LED lighting kit that can get you started, also, LED bulbs in cheap Home Depot clamp lights work great for an extra light source.

The next upgrade I'd look into would be lenses, even budget primes are really expensive tho
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.