[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you met someone who you have grown close with through

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0008.jpg (302KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
302KB, 640x640px
Have any of you met someone who you have grown close with through this board? It seems like that would be impossible to do.
>>
No but for some reason I keep trying.
>>
I've actually made some good friends though this board. Over a year of friendship with one.
>>
>>24468411
Same. People seem to be too interested in the sexual aspect of the board. Nothing wrong with that. It just makes it hard to chat up a qt when she has 100 guys shooting her dick pics.
>>
>>24468418
How did you manage?
>>
>>24468404
you seem cool op, what are your interests?
>>
Met my best online friend here

lots of autists here too tho
>>
At best a kik game that I randomly talk to person occasionally.
>>
I met my girlfriend on here two years ago, still together as well. Pretty much met by random chance and yeah, it's cheesy as fuck and all that but we're quite perfect for each other. It can actually happen in this shit hole, surprisingly.
>>
I fell for a sexy boy on here. He's straight and only likes to tease me by sending pics. Still, it's fun to dream.
>>
I've found a few friends from here actually. Mostly from clean snapchat threads
>>
Do you have a Kik? I would love to talk to you. (If you're into females, that is)
>>
Got my best and only friend from here. Still in touch after a few years.
>>
>>24468404
Almost.. they lived close.. videochatted, made plans to visit. But then i was ghosted :-?
>Sucks x1000
>>
I met my best friend here almost 2 years ago. We started talking in a thread, decided to take it to email. Unfortunately we could never meet up because we're on different sides of the pond. Made a few other friends that I unfortunately dropped or lost contact with after a couple years.

The reason it's so hard to make friends here, I've noticed, is that a lot of you seem to have the wrong idea of what people want, don't know how to respect other people, try way too hard to be interesting, pretend to be into things you aren't in order to impress people, focus way too much on superficiality or your emotional state, or are putting way too much energy into making yourselves wanted than actually finding out who you are and becoming an interesting and desirable person naturally.

It also doesn't help that the board has changed a lot so too many people here don't want friendships, they want booty calls. Likewise, as a woman I've met a handful of guys who start out fine, then begin REALLY pushing to take things further and getting upset when that doesn't happen.
>>
>>24468404
I met one of my closest friends on here.
He added me from a skype thread and we talked almost every day over the last year and half. He helped me so much and is pretty much the only reason why I managed to get out of depression. Best friend one could ask for, really - funny, empathetic, kind, smart, interesting.

I'm good friends with other two guys - one added me from a skype thread as well, the other joked around with me in an ideal mate thread. I'm pretty close to both, great people.

I guess that what kept me close to them is the similar sense of humour and personality, and having a few interests in common.
>>
Met somebody who I quickly fell in love with on /soc/.

She added me though a /country/ thread, and we met the next day. Boned too.

It happens, anon, but you have to consider who you're attracting on this website. girls have it better in dating than guys, by a wide margin. If a female contacts you from /soc/, I'm sorry to say, the female is likely going to have deep-rooted problems.
>>
Made a friend of 5 years who i would talk with daily nearly all day but things happened and that was that, I've made a few friends on Skype and Kik but we always tend to drift apart or people arent really interested in having long term friends i find, it makes me kind of sad but i still ocassionally post in the Kik and Skype threads.
>>
>>24468458
I'm into art, politics, music, design and I read too much. I work in advertising. Think Mad Men. When I'm not working you can catch me designing and working on small projects.

>>24468539
Glad to hear, anon! Did you guys live close to each other? If not, how'd you manage distance?

>>24469213
My Kik is fratdaddyo! The username is a joke. I'm not a complete douche.

>>24469534
You hit the nail right on the head.
>>
>>24469681
>Glad to hear, anon! Did you guys live close to each other? If not, how'd you manage distance?
Thanks! And nah, not at all. I'm from Scotland and her Sweden. Tried out the long-distance thing for a short while before we said "fuck it" and I moved over to be with her. Moved back to Scotland recently because I couldn't find work over there, even after a year of looking. Kinda coincided with my parents both having strokes within a week of each other so that was fun! Currently back to the long-distance shit but still searching for work, need to get my ass back over.
>>
I met my boyfriend on this board. We just got back from a roadtrip and he's sleeping next to me right now.
>>
I met someone on here through the ideal mate thread and we quickly started talking everday. We've talked about meeting but it costs a ton of money and the timing isn't quite right yet, although it's pretty much the only thing I think about all day

>>24469868
That sounds really nice, it feels like it depends on the people involved, plain and simple.
>>
>>24468404
Yeah, met up once and still talk once in a while.

She still sends me nudes from time to time while we sext or whatever.

It's a nice distraction.
>>
I've made two friends off of this board, both from Snapchat threads.
It's kinda funny with one. I added her on Snapchat who knows how long ago, and we hardly ever talked. About two months ago, she posts something on her story, and I message her about it. We talk for a bit, joking around and such. Now two months later we talk every single day, and are talking about taking a trip together this summer. It's just weird how I added her probably close to a year ago, and only in the last couple months have we really hit it off.
>>
Met my fiance on a state hook up thread. Been together for 3 1/2 years.
He's the coolest dude ever, very funny in dumb ways, very good match for me

Also found a few friends, but yeah, he's the real success story
>>
I like these stories, gives me hope
>>
Nope. And knowing me I probably won't
>>
Dated a camgirl from here. We were great together in person, but she was really awkward on the phone and could only communicate through text. Otherwise, her anxiety would kick in. It lasted three months. Long distance, too. Lived three hours away.
>>
Nope. we might chat a bit on the board but not off
>>
I met someone here around 4 years ago. Maybe 5? Whenever /soc/ just started. We used to talk on skype and over the phone every day and even briefly dated. Never met up and didn't talk for a few months this year, but we now text each other a few times a day.
>>
>>24473181
That's not far at all, anon.
>>
Met a lot of one night stands.

Met someone three four years ago? Good friends. Stayed with them for a while too in their country. Was fun.

A few other girls I talk to on the reg, about 3-4 and a few others who randomly message me for whatever reasons.
>>
>>24475228
Damn, anon. Good for you!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.