[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental illness thread >Age >Gender >Illness you have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 38

File: image.jpg (42KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 640x360px
Mental illness thread

>Age
>Gender
>Illness you have (or lack there of)
>location
>what you're looking for

Doesn't matter if you want to learn things about a mental illness, have one and want a friend that understands you or just want to vent about it. Feel free to contact fag. These threads don't last very long so I'll go first to get it rolling.
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
Major Depression, Major Anxiety
>location
Russia
>what you're looking for
People to care about me in this thread, I don't want friends and I never will.
>>
>>24457825
I was born in Russia, where you from?
>>
>>24457825
>age
>gender
M
>Illness
Borderline Personality disorder
>location
murica
>what youre looking for
same
>>
>Age
>Gender
m
depression, anxiety
>location
somewhere
>what you're looking for
people to talk with. still i don't think friends can made here
>>
This whole board is mentally ill.
>>
>18
>Female
>Legally have major depressive disorder,Anhedonia and Anxiety. I think only the Anhedonia is justified.
>Up north, USA
>I am honestly very boring and don't have many interests, this keeps me extremely lonely. I like to listen and am looking for someone that just needs a friend and likes to talk about themselves or just in general. I am not sad or worried like the depression would imply. I just have trouble finding things exciting. I don't really know what happiness OR sadness is. I would like to find out, I guess. If you want to talk, give me contact info and I'll message you. (Anything but discord)
>>
File: clL3kbl.jpg (109KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
clL3kbl.jpg
109KB, 720x960px
M
OCD (Mostly intrusive thoughts)
Canada, Ottawa
I'm just looking for this shit to go away. But you and I both know that's not going to happen.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>24457862
>>24457876
My kik is: AdilPleaseGetOut
>>
>>24457806
Illness
>ASD & GAD. Weirdly enough, I have the gift of advising other people what to do in social relationships, but I can't do any of it with myself. It's like I'm an accountant who can't manage his own personal finances.
What you're looking for
>Think I may have found someone, but IDK. Is this person doesn't work. I just want a girl who can tolerate My obsessions with planes, cars, and politics and other shit. I want her to understand that yes fireworks are fun, but not for me or when I go to a sporting event I HAVE to wear headphones or other ear protection. And someone who can teach me how to be a person.
>>
>>24457876
kik: hernanchi95

for you or anyone, f or m, interested to talk. (friendly)
>>
>21 (just)
>Male(ish)
>major persistant depressive disorder (plus some undiagnosed/comorbid anxieties or w/e)
>straya
>deconstruction of the stigmas of mental illness
>>
File: sublimmeee.gif (102KB, 439x423px) Image search: [Google]
sublimmeee.gif
102KB, 439x423px
>>24457806
18M

depression, anxiety

i was raped when i was 5 by a male nurse

I can't seem to make friends. The only thing that really makes me happy is playing guitar/singing.
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Illness
Major Depressive Disorder
>Location
California
>Looking for
I donno someone to talk to. kik: ispillthings
>>
>>24458239
i'm your friend now lad hmu
>>
>>24458239
this is me

my kik is Schwartzbender
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Illness
Depression, Anxiety
>Location
Australia
>Looking for
People to talk to, advice, venting, anything goes
kik: benad
>>
File: Post doggo.jpg (17KB, 310x395px) Image search: [Google]
Post doggo.jpg
17KB, 310x395px
>>24457806
>Age
>Gender
M
>Illness
I was born with Asperger's syndrome and it has destroyed any chance of me being normal or happy. I am always depressed.
>Location
Northern Ireland
>What are you looking for
I dunno, I guess for the bad thoughts to go away. To be normal but that is probably too late
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
Depression, Panic Disorder, mild agoraphobia
>location
CA
>what you're looking for
If you need to vent, I'm wiling to listen.
Kik: dragonanon
>>
File: MFW Interwebs.jpg (91KB, 650x758px) Image search: [Google]
MFW Interwebs.jpg
91KB, 650x758px
>>24457806

Male

Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar (mostly mania) and PTSD.

Arizona

Nothing in particular.

>>24457851

You in any kind of treatment for that BPD?
>>
File: 1419654304768.png (51KB, 252x403px) Image search: [Google]
1419654304768.png
51KB, 252x403px
>Age
>Gender
male
bipolar disorder, asperger's syndrome, generalised anxiety disorder
>location
usa
>what you're looking for
stability and peace of mind

started celexa and it threw me into a mixed state in less than two weeks. fuck yeah amirite
>>
>Age
>Gender
male
severe depression, autism (aspergers), paranoia, anxiety, ocd, bipolar, possible schizophrenia
>location
uk
>what you're looking for
i dont really know to be honest, just kinda lonely i guess, my sleeping schedule / pattern makes it kinda hard for me to keep in touch with and talk to the few friends i do have irl
>>
>Age
>Gender
male
I've had issues with anxiety and my mood is up and down.

There is something that I've been struggling with though and that I've recently come to terms with. I thought I was just lazy my whole life but I think I have an actual psychological problem. All my life, wether it be school or work, I'd call in sick atleast once a week(or nor go to school) just because I was too lazy or if I wasn't in the mood to go that day. I thought it was just me being a lazy pos, but I think I'm incapable of doing something I can't enjoy. I'm enable to suck it up and be miserable at school, or at work, unable to do homework or anything of the sort. I feel like a spoiled brat and I can't help it. If I don't enjoy something I can't go through with it, and I don't enjoy a lot of things, I like playing games and doing specific web dev stuff. I've been planning to off myself in a couple of weeks once my parents are out of town because I can't go on like this. Living like a brat has been fine for a while now but I'm at the age where I need a career and my parents are putting more and more pressure on me since their financial situation isn't the greatest atm.

I'm sorry I had to make a long-winded post about this but I don't know how to express this feeling in any other way. I feel like I was destined to live a miserable life because I NEED to have fun with whatever I'm doing. I feel like I was never meant to be, I see people working and living, all of my friends have moved on and I'm stuck in this box and I can't get out of it.
>location
Canada
>what you're looking for
Someone to tell me what's wrong with me
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
Major depressive disorder, generalised anxiety..
Ironically studying mental health nursing.
>location
UK
>what you're looking for
Someone who understands/someone who needs a person that can empathise.
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
CPTSD, anxiety/agoraphobia, depression
>location
UK
>what you're looking for
People that understand what i'm going through/general support
>>
>>24458783
Hey, My kik is Velrase
Hope you reply to me
Im ending my grade in psychology
>>
>>24458774
Behavioral therapy
>>
>Age
70 on the inside but 23

>Gender
Male

I have crippling depression hahaha, major depressive disorder and fibromyalgia (it counts alright). I still work even though I call in at least once a week. (Boss knows what's up though)

>location
Midwest

>what you're looking for
Friends to chat with and friends to game with, preferably people who haven't given up as I don't want to feel bad and not be able to say anything that can help. It always ends up as the same circle jerk when people do absolutely nothing to help themselves.
>"You could try ___ it really helped m-"
>"I ALREADY HAVE AND NOTHING WORKS WAHHHH IM JUS GON KMS"
> "please don-"
>"IM GUNNA KMS AND DO DRUGS NOW CUZ THEY HELP 420 BLAZE SIRI CAN YOU SUICIDE ON POT?"
>...
Yes I have met people here like that.
>>
>>24458783
Hey, I'm from the UK too, where about are you?

You want to chat on kik?
>>
Anyone wants to chat, i'm 32/m/uk. Pretty severe anxiety and depression at times.

Kik: dangermouse90
>>
File: 1394992715894.jpg (167KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1394992715894.jpg
167KB, 900x600px
>>24457806
>21
>m
>major depressive and general fuckupery for 8years
>poland
>share a story

So - my usual response for "i want to kill myself" is to "make sure you dont cut wrong way, brah", but think about one this. You can change it. No pill is going to fix it; but you can strive and win the fight.
Psychiatry is only for making you able to work on yourself. Therapy is only for guiding you in this work. But you must do the work yourself.

Its rather hard and long process. It will look different for different people. But if I have mostly fixed myself, then you can too.

At my best I was:
>streaming my cutting, you might saw me on b
>forcibly admitted to a mental ward after suicide attempt
>doing tons of irresponsible shit for the heck of it like driving drunk and on drugs
>trying to get suicidal enough to just ram into a tree
>under arrest for drug possesion
>failing school because of depression
>having visual halucinations, delusions and paranoia
>generaly an emotional trainwreck
>many more fun stuff

But I worked hard. Worked hard everyday on myself. I started with really small things. One day I kind of decided "IM A PALLADIN, I WILL GET BETTER". So I went to the gym. I was going good for two weeks, but then I failed for a month. But you know what? I got up, I tried again. This time a little better. I have learned how to keep my thoughts in check and how to calm my feelings. Sadness was turned into bitter-sweet melancholy.
I know I cant write great speeches so I will try to keep it short - WORK TO BE BETTER. It can be done. You will fail, but you can stand up. Small things can help a lot. Stop focusing on negative things - stop surrounding yourself with negative things. Being insane is now your normal state, your "soul" is used to it, so it will direct you back into it. But you can escape the cycle.

I just wanted to tell, Im a functioning human being now. I werent one. There is hope.
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
Severe depression, crippling anxiety
>location
Scotland
>what you're looking for
Some folk to talk to I suppose, just need an escape every know and then, y'know? Don't have any friends irl and shit has really been tough lately.
Back to doing the long-distance thing with my girlfriend, taking care of my parents who both had a stroke within a week of each other, seriously struggling to find work either here or in Sweden, and only recently getting medication to help with shit.

Ah, whatever...
>Kik
mister.meeseeks
>>
Male
Major depression, major bipolar disorder
Russia
What I am searching for? Someone supportive.
Hope to be supportive to someone.
Email [email protected]
Skype [email protected]
>>
>>24459099
I'm 21, M.. CPTSD, anxiety and depression.
Want to talk?
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Illness
Social anxiety/general anxiety disorder, depression
>Location
Doesn't really matter
>What you're looking for
Nothing honestly, I've been dealing with it as best I can in my own way and honestly trying bit by bit to "get over it".

I think people that have a mental illness and only want pity and use it as a crutch to never do anything are pieces of shit, honestly.

I've been on disability for a long time because of my social anxiety disorder and while I still have trouble being in groups of strangers or in serious situations (I.E. Working in a group or being micromanaged instead of working alone.) I've at least gotten to the point where I can talk to a stranger and shake hands instead of only nodding when they speak at me.

Hopefully in the next few years I'll be able to handle groups of people and be relatively normal. Though, with the mixture of depression, anxiety and the current state of the world and academia I don't even want to live on this planet anymore and consider suicide every few days, so who knows.

Anyways, yeah. If you have a mental disorder and are doing nothing about it (Or you self-diagnosed), kill yourself. Depression has a PLETHORA of medications and at least one of them tends to work for everybody, anxiety can be managed through not hiding. Even people with severe stage fright have done public speaking long enough that they overcame it entirely, but that has to start with TRYING to overcome it.
>>
>>Age
>>Gender
male
>>Illness you have (or lack there of)
Avoidant personality disorder
>>location
Florida
>>what you're looking for
I don't know. I don't even know why I'm posting this. I'm a really weak person and I'm only alive because of my pets.
>>
>Age

>Gender
male

depression and anxiety symptoms...
possibly borderline personality disorder manifesting strongly enough that I notice, or maybe it's just random depression from being single... either way, not good right now

>location
iowa

>what you're looking for
help.
distractions?
Links to psych tips?
Somebody to give control to?
Love, so I can have a positive feeling to anchor to again?
honestly, I'm not sure what exactly I need, but all that i've been doing hasn't helped

kik
eightproxies
>>
>Age
>Gender
Female
Severe depression and derealization
>location
Usa
>what you're looking for
A kinky, CUTE older guy that will let me be his little girl and teach me how to fuck t b h. Wellbutrin has made me hypersexual.
>>
>>24459734
Sc or kik? I'd love to talk to you
>>
>>24459737
Give me yours. I have both but whenever I post my info i get too many people messaging me.
>>
>>24459742
Sc@eaglezboi
>>
>>24459748
You already have me added on there...
Ill give you a minute to figure out who i am. Msg me on there if you think youre right.
>>
File: Naga_Siren.png (53KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
Naga_Siren.png
53KB, 256x144px
>Age

>Gender
male

depression, (intimacy) anxiety. and Bipolar.

>location
Florida

>what you're looking for
Love, doubt ill find that here so.... friends?

>Distractions
Biking, Music, Dota2, and bud.

>kik
mdeaza17
>>
>>24459760
This made me chuckle.
>>
>>24459742
My kik is: velrase
Wanna talk with you about couple of things
>>
do any of you guys have any experience with ssri-induced sexual dysfunction

i got prescribed the things about two months ago, but stopped after only a week because i could barely maintain an erection

my doctor is keen on me taking them because they're not addictive, but i've read horror stories online about people who had their sex drive obliterated for years after finishing treatment and i'm scared as shit

i just don't see how they're supposed to help improve my life if that's the price i have to pay - fapping is about the only thing that has remained consistently enjoyable throughout years of hell and i don't want to give it up (also i haven't lost all hope of finding a sexual partner just yet)
>>
>>24459760
You should msg me, no idea who you'd be..
>>
File: TooBlessedToBeStressedPic.jpg (29KB, 286x331px) Image search: [Google]
TooBlessedToBeStressedPic.jpg
29KB, 286x331px
>Age

>Gender
girl

major depressive disorder, ptsd, and my psych is considering diagnosing me ocd. ptsd related anxiety/paranoia (don't ask what the trauma is, this happens all the fucking time and I don't know why people think it's okay)

>location
canada

>what you're looking for
hopefully someone who is also mentally ill and wants to be friends and support each other. I'm currently trying out new medications and my doctors are considering putting me in inpatient, so some people who would understand would be nice. I have some experience dealing with doctors so if you need some advice I can help, or we can vent to each other.

respond with a skype and I'll add you!
>>
>>24457876
im the fucking same, maybe more experienced, snap me if you want to randomly chat sometimes... brtckzr
>>
also...
male (?)
some unidentified personality disorder early schizos and major depression
Poland
friendly non judgmental people to chat with about anything really..
>>
>>24459787
If fapping is all you really have left I wouldn't risk taking them. I had lorazapam when I was younger and I think that's what's made my sex drive close to nonexistent. And it's sad because I didn't really need the pills at the time.
>>
File: 1473827666446.jpg (379KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1473827666446.jpg
379KB, 1111x597px
>all of these people under 20 claiming they have the depression meme

holy fuck this board is legit cancer
>>
>>24459821
utah-can
>>
33 male Bipolar II, degree in mental health/substance abuse counseling. AMA
>>
>>24459734

I think I fit the bill and would welcome a good little girl like you. My kik is EdCarterntwk23
>>
>>24459787

I have, a while ago. At first I wasn't interested at all in sex. But, at lest for me, it did eventually fade and everything came back to normal. However, I will say that it did take a fairly long time. But if you need the medication, and you can handle the, hopefully temporary side effects, they can be worth it.
>>
>>24457806
>Age
>Gender
Female
>Illness you have
Schizoid personality disorder
>location
USA
>what you're looking for
Don't get upset when I don't want to talk to you, just play video games with me.
Bitter edgelords only.
>>
>Age

>Gender
Female

>Illness you have
General Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, ADHD

>location
Florida

>what you're looking for
I'm looking for someone who is okay with me talking happily one day and panicking the next over some snall thing. My last relationship ended because I seemed like "too many people at once", presumably referring to how my mood/thoughts change day by day. I don't know how to fix that, but more than anything I want to. My thoughts and opinions aren't concrete if that makes sense, I'm extremely indecisive which I've learned can be an annoyance to some people.

I love talking about anything from TV shows(stranger things, mr robot, blindspot, preacher, lucifer, etc), and especially watching them together with someone on rabbit or some other streaming platform. I enjoy talking about music (rock, metal, electronic, some rap, basically anything but country). Lately I haven't been playing many games, but if anyone ever wants to play ARK or another steam game I'd love to get back into it.
>>
>>24460042
Sounds great what part of the us are you from?
>>
>>24460054
California
>>
>>24459787
Wellbutrin reportedly does the opposite. It is used to treat depression. Good luck.
>>
>>24460050
Are you at UF
>>
>>24460078
I'm not, live on the space coast
>>
>>24459787
Nothing happened to me. Fapping and fucking away as always.
>>
>>24460050
Anyway to contact you?
>>
>>24460071
Any interests other than video games?
>>
>>24460095
kik is not.shot
>>
>>24460075
I have never been as sexually driven as i have been on wellbutrin. It's true. Good thing because zoloft made my pussy dry even when I was really turned on.
>>
>>24460116
Not really.
>>
>Age
>Gender
male
autism, depression
>location
Philly
>what you're looking for
Someone to be weird with

I """"work"""" at a college and I'm pretty sad right now because I'm too autistic and clingy to ever be in a normal relationship. I am looking for someone who understands what that feels like. Other interests include birds. I struggle daily with various autism things just to warn you, trying to fix sensory issues.

If you're loony enough to message me my kik is mrdespair1990 don't worry I'm not doing anything today. I am very open and try to treat every living thing with with love.
>>
File: 1463097877984.jpg (111KB, 802x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1463097877984.jpg
111KB, 802x1000px
>>24457806
>Age
>Gender
m
anxiety, dysthymia depression, paranoia, avoidant personality disorder, identified patient childhood
>location
midwest
>what you're looking for
people to talk to/open up to
>>
File: 1476599158963.jpg (402KB, 1919x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476599158963.jpg
402KB, 1919x800px
Reminder that when a girl says she has depression 99% of the time she just misses some guy out of her league who fucked her once.
Also girls cant be lonely.
>>
>>24460187
Not always

>>24459742
>>24459734
Pretty interested if still around? Kik jdilla414
>>
>>24460194
>99% of the time
>>
>>24460187
Reminder that when a guy says he has depression 99% of the time he just couldn't get Stacy to fuck him.
Also widow a shit.
>>
>>24460200
I've never seen a guy being depressed because of that alone.
Average guy is happy if he can fuck an average/below average basic bitch though. Meanwhile the latter can fuck a chad anytime.
>>
>>24460204
>Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.
>>
>>24460216
Sex is the only power women has
>>
>>24460218
I guess women are pretty powerful then.
>>
>>24460219
You really think? Living life on easy mode and still failing at most aspects
>>
>>24460042
aka your brother got more attention then you, shut up slut. If you have the mental capability to browse a website then you don't have a mental disorder your just a cry baby like everyone else in this thread. Kill yourself oh wait you won't because theres nothing really wrong with you is there
>>
File: 580full-natalia-poklonskaya.jpg (43KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
580full-natalia-poklonskaya.jpg
43KB, 580x386px
>>24459821
>respond with a skype and I'll add you!
:/
>>
>>24460222
>still failing
I'm sure you're doing great yourself. Most successful people whine about how hard they have it in a mental illness thread on a Korean macaroni art board.

>>24460223
>If you have the mental capability to browse a website then you don't have a mental disorder
So is your tard wrangler posting for you or what?
>>
>>24460230
Now as I see your reply, projecting is probably a thing women good at. We have one at least
>>
>>24457825
where in Russia
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
Diagnosed BDD, major depression and anxiety. Got kicked outta therapy because my shrink/social worker said they couldn't make an overall diagnosis of me and I didn't want to be their guinea pig anymore.
>location
Canada
>what you're looking for
Good cocaine
>>
>>24460230
Your just fucking stupid schizoid person altitude disorder is the same as being an introvert your just trying to seem special. the symptoms are the exact same maybe grow up and face the world like a big girl you lazy cunt
>>
>>24460248
>Literally gets thrown out for having non-existing problems

Women truly have no shame.
>>
>>24459892
"all i have left" is putting it a bit too strongly, it's just the one thing that's still as good as i remember it being before i got Too Depressed To Do Things

with other stuff there's bits of enjoyment now and then but most of the time i'm just trying to fill the void

>>24460075
sounds fun
>>
>>24460219
>>24460218
Love is depression's favorite emotion to feast on.
>>
>>24460263
Nah, I just didn't want to do six billion PET scans and guzzle Zoloft. Can't mix pills and liquor m8.
>>
>>24460262
Oh no, somebody on the internet thinks my personality is fake.

>>24460268
Sex has nothing to do with love.
>>
>>24460271
Have kik? Jdilla414 I'm up to talk if want to
>>24460248
>>
File: based.jpg (23KB, 261x395px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
23KB, 261x395px
>Age
>Gender
Male
Major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, probably some level of antisocial personality disorder.
>location
Cleveland
>what you're looking for
A fashy waifu and a white ethnostate.
>>
>>24460273
Ya I said that because sex rejection isn't why a guy would be depressed over a woman. Her power is the love she withholds and that's when depression latches on.
>>
>>24460200
Nigga I fucked Stacy and I still was planning on blowing my brains out. Now I take 200MG of Zoloft and I'm good.
>>
19/ f
Schizoaffective disorder
>>
>>24460273
It's not fake it's just nothing compared to what a schizophrenic has to deal with yet you crave the same amount of sympathy. Your just a lazy bitch with life om easy mode but your stupidity makes you incapapale of realizing it. Your not a girl and if you are you would be fat and lazy. pics with timestame or cut your dick off because I'm right
>>
>>24460277
Nice dubs. Sad chicks your fetish?
>>
>>24460281
What you're describing is rejection. Depression isn't just being sad because things aren't going how you want them to.
>>
>>24460271
>LMAO DRUGS IM SO COOL XD
If you were actually depressed you would give anything for a possible cure you dumb cunt.
>>
>>24460286
>it's just nothing compared to what a schizophrenic has to deal with
I don't see how that's relevant.
>you crave the same amount of sympathy
By nature I don't.
>Your not a girl and if you are you would be fat and lazy
I already said I'm addicted to video games, obviously I'm lazy as shit.
Not fat because I hate eating. But again, how is this relevant?
>>
>>24460292
I said it latches onto love and that's depression's favorite emotion to feed from. Love is a woman's greatest power over a man, not sex. Sex only hides the pain of lost love.
>>
>>24460303
Depression tends to cloud your logic, you're looking at it from a non-depressed perspective which will inevitably be inaccurate. It's also different for everyone.
>>
Not entierly sure why this thread went from alright to a shitfest of wanna-be alphas...
>>
>>24460271
>Can't mix pills and liquor m8.
NEWS TO ME SLUT. But seriously, I woke up on the street with no shoes once because I'm an alcoholic who has to take Zoloft in order to not kill myself...
>>
>>24460315
My fault, I didn't know mental illness was such a sore subject in the mental illness thread.
>>
>>24460308
you clamid to have schizoid persinality i know from experience that no doctor would diagnose that.so it is relevant like I said your just a lazy cry baby go get a bannna and fuck yourself it'll fix half your problems for you
>>
>>24460315
predictable outcome
>>
>>24460310
If you give up a possible cure just to "get drunk xDXD" youre not depressed, just some attention whoring cunt who lacks personality so much that willing to pick up a mental illnes in order to be unique
>>
>>24460289
im down with sad chicks, got kik?
>>
>>24460285
ANYWAY, any schizoaffectives should hit me up.
>>
>>24460303
Yeah, I'd also give anything to be functional without the cost of destroying my memory and my personality. SSRI's blow ass.
>>24460317
Yeah I woke up in a lot of strange places for a while. You can drink (I'd mix two litres of wine and 250mg), just not recommended. I have like, no short term memory lmao. Good thing is the half life is so short.
>>
File: jewtricks.jpg (8KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
jewtricks.jpg
8KB, 276x182px
>>24460321
hay man. My alt-right beliefs are completely orthogonal to my mental illness.
>>
>>24460329
>possible cure
>cure

Do you actually know how medication works?? Lmao
>>
>>24460333
how do i reach you
>>
>>24460336
>without the cost of destroying my memory and my personality

Does cocaine and drinks liquor.
Are you actually this fucking retarded? thats an actual reason for being depressed at least
>>
>>24460323
You know from experience? So you've asked every doctor and they said they wouldn't do it? Weird, I wonder why it's in the DSM then.
Also what the fuck is a bannna?

>>24460339
reeeee how dare you have a mental illness that isn't schizophrenia
>>
>>24460348
Kik me: solitheon
>>
>>24460351
Nah, I'm just fun at parties. You on the other hand...
>>
>>24457806
>Age
>Gender
M
>Illness you have (or lack thereof)
Major Depression, Anxiety, ADD
>Location
UK
>What you're looking for
I've been posting to /soc/ compulsively lately seeing if anyone finds me attractive. It's shallow as fuck, but it's just something to do. I've got nothing better to do.
>>
>>24460289
I wouldn't say a fetish, but am curious in any female dealing with a problem since i have similar issues like anxiety etc.
>>
>>24460351
Coke and Booze are way less damaging to the mind than SSRIs. Trust me, I've done plenty of all of it. Coke and booze ravage the body but usually spare the mind. SSRIs are the only thing keeping me alive, but god damn if it don't come at a cost.
>>
>>24460362
Let's summarize it then.

>Claim to have major depression
>Goes to parties
>Not just goes to parties, shes fun at parties
>Doesnt take her meds because of side effects
>Does cocaine and drinks regularly

Kill yourself already
>>
>>24459277
Might be a bit pointless but thought I'd bump this if anyone is looking to talk...
>>
>>24460386
Man, you're not that intelligent, are you? I'd feel bad, but I'm a retarded alcoholic faker dope fiend, so I'm incapable.

Thanks for the b8 m8 though, this was a fun way to kill a hangover.
>>
File: 1458256875159.png (175KB, 1024x1762px) Image search: [Google]
1458256875159.png
175KB, 1024x1762px
>>24460386
Why are you trying to rationalize a mental illness?? Someone can be depressive and then normal other times.
>>
>Age
>Gender
M
Depression, anxiety, autism
>location
Southern US
>what you're looking for
Friends in general, just people to talk to but I also want a relationship pretty badly

Telegram: Astral0108
Kik: colethegooner
>>
File: raine.gif (2MB, 254x209px) Image search: [Google]
raine.gif
2MB, 254x209px
>>24460386
Hey man. I'm always on board for a good 3dpd bashing, but shit sounds legit to me. I'm more or less in the same boat. You just seem mangry.
>>
>>24460395
Because regardless of what you think and what the meme-depression tumblr generation tries to imply, even mental illnesses have to be defined in order to make a diagnosis. It's obviously very complicated and Ive never claimed to be a psychiatrist. but I was on SSRI's a few years ago for 1,5 years and I'm a med student. When youre actually depressed (and not just said because the guy way above your league didn't fuck you in the ass) you constantly feel like youre witnessing your dog's murder and the least thing you want to do is party. The least thing you are able to do is to have fun. Every single psychiatrist will tell you to fuck off if he hears that you claim depression while refuse the meds to be able to fucking party. Of course when you got the pill-popping american culture, they gonna prescribe you some shit and collect your money. Just like for some unknown reason, ADHD is a lot more frequent in the US than in Europe.
>>
>>24460449
kiss yourself
>>
>Age
>Gender
M
Major Anxiety, ADHD, Dyslexia, i'm sure others to be discovered.
>location
California, USA
>what you're looking for
people to talk with. I recently started smoking weed for anxiety so online smoke buddy?
>>
>>24460466
I actually wanted to reply to you >>24460399
just miss-clicked

That bitch might gonna kill herself 10 years later when she find herself alone in a shitty flat though
>>
>>24460449
You're blowing my mind dude. I had no clue community college started offering pre med? Gg
>>
File: howbaditbe.png (413KB, 577x537px) Image search: [Google]
howbaditbe.png
413KB, 577x537px
>>24460466
if only :*(
>>
>>24460478
[email protected] if you want to contact
>>
>>24460449
>even mental illnesses have to be defined in order to make a diagnosis
That's fucking irrelevant. Everyone has a depression diagnosis. I'm diagnssed with depression and I know I don't have it.
>you constantly feel like youre witnessing your dog's murder
Wrong again sorry, I don't know what you're describing but it isn't depression. This might be true for some people but depression generally makes people apathetic.
It's almost as if different people respond differently to internal fuckeries. What a concept.
>>
>>24460449
You're retarded no way your a med student. There arw many types of depression but all of them involve hyperactivity, it's one of the defining symptoms in manic and major depression disorder.
>>
>>24460489
Being just apathetic won't make you depressed. If you know you don't have depression and don't have any medical knowledge about it either, why you talk about it? Feeling unmotivated and apathetic isn't depression.

>>24460498
I'm not studying anything psychiatrist related stuff though. (besides the drugs)
>>
>>24460534
Please tell me you're a vet. Please tell me that you genuinely will not be tasked with the eventual care of another human being.
>>
>>24460547
Not likely. Wish I could come up with a cure for drug abusing sluts who claim to have mental issues
>>
>Age
N/A
>Gender
Male.
PTSD.
>location
N/A
>what you're looking for
Someone less crazy who understands.

Kik @ muteogen
>>
>>24460534
>Being just apathetic won't make you depressed
I didn't say it does, moron. What I said is that depression doesn't always make you feel like you're "constantly witnessing your dog's murder."
>why you talk about it?
Why you try to tell random girls on the internet that they don't have it?
>>
>>24457876
skype is pl4ntm4n

you're probably long gone by now but whatevs
>>
>>24460534
Your in med school and your still retarded lots of sluts have mental issues just nothing as serious as they claim. You seem to hate women I bet your penis is small and that would explain your anger and ptsd problems
>>
fuck this stupid ass thread I hope it dies. What a brilliant forum of shitcunts arguing about absolutely fucking nothing.
>>
>>24460558
Sounds like mommy had munchausen, huh kiddo :( the more upset you get, the closer I am to "curing" my depression, lmao.
>>
>>24460579
>Your in med school and your still retarded

I never claimed not being retarded you faggot.

>small penis
Trying this badly to pick on my insercurities, jesus christ. Whats next. I dont know your gender but this small penis thing don't work when you try to offend people. at least it never worked at me

>>24460571
What I'm saying is that feeling sad because of irrational expectations isnt depression
>>
>>24460601
Thanks for the input, a great contribution to show what a constructive and interesting post really looks like.
>>
>>24459099
hey hit me up if you just want to talk? kik: 7gbackwoods
>>
>>24460601
What the fuck you even expect. All the desperate guys just want some pussy and all the basic girls just want to collect orbiters and increase their ego. Have you fucking seen a girl adding a guy in this thread? or on /soc/ in general?
>>
>>24460608
>What I'm saying is that feeling sad because of irrational expectations isnt depression
I didn't say it was, and that isn't what you said either. Are you illiterate or just retarded?
>>
>>24460629
so what you trying to say? its hard to argue with 5 people at the same time honestly. whats your point?
>>
>>24460627
no it's all just an ego fest, any guy who goes on here expecting to get pussy is seriously deluded. I'm just an insecure shitmuncher who wants to hear what other people think about him because he's so paranoid, alright? But this is garbage, no one is talking about mental illness, personal struggle, or anything even remotely interesting. It's just a jumble of incoherent shit and finger pointing.
>>
>>24460645
This is my point
>>24460489
1. Depression doesn't always mean soul crushing sadness. It's not all apathy and lack of motivation, but that's a big part of it
2. You don't know much about depression, or mental illness in general, which is obvious at a glance which means 3. you really have no business refuting a diagnosis by a professional when, by your own admission, you don't know what you're talking about. Why are you even in this thread?
>>
>>24460656
You complete moron you make a post "I have nothing better to do all day so am I pretty" then call the whole thread shit when replies to you. My dog has seen more hardship than you little girl
>>
>>24460656
no one gives a shit about you if youre a guy here. girls come here to boost their ego. some guys are so desperate they do it. then girls get that illusion they arent completely basic/boring/worthless so if it wasnt bad already now its completely waste of time talking to them
check out discords or try adding people from different boards with similiar interests. most guys have some mental issues on 4chan

>>24460670

>Depression doesn't always mean soul crushing sadness
maybe not soul crashing sadness all the time, but certainly not a mood when you want to party.

>You don't know much about depression
i have had depression and i know some about drugs. thats more than people in this thread

>you really have no business refuting a diagnosis by a professional

you realise most professionals dont give a fuck about you right? they get your money and prescribe you some shit. everyone can be diagnosed with depression who goes to an average joe and claim to have a low mood. just like how many people there are in america with adhd. in europe they rather laugh at you and tell you to concentrate than prescribing adderall
and you said earlier you have been diagnosed with depression, but you dont have it.
>>
>>24460705
never said I was facing hardship, I was just bored and neurotic. My criticism of the thread was the petty argument that was going on as opposed to anyone actually having an interesting conversation. I post on face rate threads when I'm feeling vain you fuck, not mental health threads.

But just out of interest, what kind of dog do you have?
>>
>Age
>Gender
Female
Depression, panic disorder, depersonalization/derealization disorder
>location
PNW
>what you're looking for
never met another person with dp/dr, thought it might be cool to talk to someone about it.
>>
>>24460728
You started an argument because no one replied to you because you care about nothing besides how good you look then have the audacity to complain about no one discussing mental illness. Die a slow death faggot
>>
>>24460756
making assumptions , I just got angry that the thread was flooded with insipid bullshit. You read into it however you like.
>>
File: Worst Thread Award_zpsdvsaiihs.png (147KB, 300x343px) Image search: [Google]
Worst Thread Award_zpsdvsaiihs.png
147KB, 300x343px
>>
>>24460729
i have experience with that wanna kik? loverofallover
>>
>>24460321
Well. Would you like to have a normal conversation with me? :(
>>
File: 1468925933410.jpg (1MB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
1468925933410.jpg
1MB, 1200x840px
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Illnesses you have
Bitter loneliness and depression resulting from isolating myself, as well as a negligible health condition. Medication has helped. Anxiety.
>What are you looking for?
Someone interesting that'll hold a conversation for more than a day. My expectations are naturally low, since it's 4chan, but it's better to reach out than to never reach at all.
>>
>>24457806
>Age
>Gender
Male
Sometimes I have trouble to accept and deal with my awesomeness.
>location
Western Europestan.
>what you're looking for
Someone halfway interesting. Just need a mental break and this thread seems penis free for now.
>>
>>24458774
>wether it be school or work, I'd call in sick atleast once a week(or nor go to school) just because I was too lazy or if I wasn't in the mood to go that day.
> I thought it was just me being a lazy pos, but I think I'm incapable of doing something I can't enjoy.
Pretty similar story here but at a point it stopped to be much of a problem for; when it comes to work, simply being good enough to make the boss overlook "the damn faggot will probably skip again" did the trick; if you find something you can somewhat enjoy and have control over your working hours (web dev shit is pretty good for that) you'll be fine.

I don't think there is too much wrong with your thinking, the idea that we should just suck up and do shit we hate for 8h a day for years is silly. Obviously there are moments where you can't be a total irresponsible fag and need to learn some discipline; even enjoyable stuff has some not so enjoyable moments after all. Balance is key and should be your goal, not totally changing your approach.

>>24459143
>420 BLAZE SIRI CAN YOU SUICIDE ON POT?
Top kek.

>>24460367
Yeah, you look fine.

>>24460386
>Not just goes to parties, shes fun at parties
Nothing shocking about it. As long depressed people can somewhat function, they tend to be great fucking company for strangers. Shit life tends to make humans funny.
>>
>>24457806
28. Female. USA. I have ptsd from being molested as a child. General depression, Ocd, social anxiety, avoidant personailty disorder, agoraphobia, and since either used to cut theres a possible bpd there too. I take anti depressant ssris and do emdr therapy meditation and mindfulness. I also am a sjw about rape culture and am pretty much never attracted to a guy unless he's more crippled by social anxiety than I am which is honestly really hard to pull off. I've been a neet for almost 9 year just went straight into hiding after high school.. I went to expensive treatment mostly for cutting but also I have an eating disorder and had a xanex addiction years ago after it was prescribed for my anxiety. I still think about cutting a lot.
>>
>>24460367
I think you are attractive because I really like that young look. But it's mostly about a guy being crippled with anxiety enough that I can actually relax. If he doesn't have a nervous disposition and mannerisms I won't be attracted regardless of looks. Just wanted to tell u though so u could feel better.
>>
>>24461303
contact?
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
Different aspects of different personality disorders (or mixed personality disorder)
>location
England
>what you're looking for
A qt girl who was abused, molested and abandoned by her parents as a kid like I was.

We'll go and kill normies. We'll take our pain out on the world babe. Just you and me
>>
>>24461327
Well, I might actually fit that bill.
At least to be a interesting talk...
>>
schizoid personality disorder

and I love it. I jump in and out of the worlds in my head like mario jumps into paintings.

artist, musician-songwriter, poet

Sanity ordains nothing faggots.
Also Im very secretive. many of my friends will never meet eachother/if they did they wouldnt get along
>>
>>24457806
male
Depression, avoidant, generalized anxiety
chicago
idk
>>
>>24457806
>Age
>Gender
M
>Illness I feel I have
Depression
>location
Recently moved to Vienna, Austria alone
>what you're looking for
friends, people who understand me
>>
>age
>gender
male
>Illness
Major depressive disorder, anxiety. tried to kill myself a month ago
>location
nj, usa
>what im looking for
people to talk to/people who need someone to talk to.
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
Drepression and social anxiety, i dont really know what to do with my life
>location
somewhere
>what you're looking for
everyone who wants to talk but especially someone who knows how feel when you hate yourself and wanna die.
>>
>>24457806

>Age
>Gender
male
Social Anxiety
>location
Canada
>what you're looking for
Nothing in particular anymore i was looking for friends at one point but I've given up on that
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
Major depressive disorder-diagnosed
>location
FL
>what you're looking for
fuck if I know. Let's chat. Reply with your contact info. Discord preferred.
>>
>>24461477
>>24461481
>>24461484
let's chat
discord: ballislifemccartney
>>
>>24461497
You're missing the gay ass numbers at the end of your name.
>>
>>24461501
these numbers?
im sorry im retarded
>>
>>24461484
Neuwa#1114, if you'd like to talk.
>>
>>24461484
Post your kik slut
>>
>>24461484
hi there, add me. skype: ozgurluge-manus
>>
>>24461527
Nah
>>
>>24460160
kik???
>>
>>24459734
>Wellbutrin has made me hypersexual.
Thank baby jesus you didn't get on SSRIs or any other antidepressant... your sex drive would go down faster than Enron shares.
>>
>>24459787
>ssri-induced sexual dysfunction
Yes. During the first few weeks it will suck.
After that, you'll slowly start to return to normal, but cumming will be much harder.

Try it out and see if the drug fits, you can always go off it.

>but i've read horror stories online about people who had their sex drive obliterated for years after finishing treatment

I really have a hard time believing all that. I went slowly from one full dose to half a dose and now I masturbate more than ever. God knows what'll happen when I get off the drugs completely...
>>
>>24460271
Bullshit.
I've been on SSRIs for a year and while I do get drunk more easily, you can mix pills and liquor. Who the fuck's going to stop me?

Also, this:
>>24460303
>>
>21 male scotland
>schizophrenia, ocd (also on bipolar medication for the mood related part of my illness but not type 1 or 2 bipolar)
>looking for a wee chat and someone to connect with i have a lot of friends from hospital and we all vent to each other, im usually raging we dont have a cannabis medipen on the nhs
>>
>>24461642

kik- smokeyswitch1
>>
>>24460498
>There arw many types of depression but all of them involve hyperactivity
What the fuck am I reading?
WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING?!
>>
>>24461590
Wellbutrin made it impossible for me to fucking cum. Gabapentin made me itchy as shit
>>
>Age
>Gender
f
bipolar 2 w/ psychosis, anxiety and adhd
>location
Tex-ass
>what you're looking for
i unno i'm bad at keeping up w ims, but i'd love to chat here and stuff and maybe on skype. i like chatting about people's experiences w/ their mental illnesses, esp any bad reactions to meds (i had a reaaaally bad reaction to lamictal), not being on meds bc whatever reasons, shit about your life. people who understand that i might not always wanna chat bc it's draining. tv shows, vidya, musics blah blah. if we want to talk we'll figure out some common ground, so just ask me i guess.
>>
M20
social autism/severe social anxiety/depression
I'm looking for an F around my age who can talk to me, I'm getting in touch with my feminine side and it's helping for some odd reason nothing sexual just clean chat

Mikelkesmkeandikes is my kik
I like the candy mike and ikes
>>
>>24461691

add me on kik smokeyswitch1

was in hospital for a crazy psychosis and have tried tons of different meds
>>
>Age
>Gender
M
I have always been a dom, but became ultra-sub since my last abusive relationship. It gets to the point where I "want" to be maltreated or abused verbally, physically and mentally, and then cry for an hour after someone does those things to me. Lately I've been only be able to have sex and cum after going through this hell.
>location
LatAm, but fluent in English, so it doesn't matter.
>what you're looking for
Someone to help me understand what is going on with me. Talk to me. Maybe help me get through it? I just want this to end.
>>
>>24460715
Your experience is your own. Your anecdotal evidence is a fallacy and if you don't understand that every illness is going to present a little (or a lot) differently in different people, you're going to be a really shitty doctor and you should go ahead and switch majors.

>you realise most professionals dont give a fuck about you right?
No shit, moron, that was my point. You're the one who brought up diagnostics. She said she's doagnosed with depression and she probably is. Whether you or anyone else thinks she actually has depression is irrelevant and I don't know why you're trying to refute it.
>>
File: 1475539097891.png (2MB, 1586x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1475539097891.png
2MB, 1586x1036px
>>24457806
>Age
>Gender
M
MDD, GAD
>location
NJ, USA
>what you're looking for
people nearby

>>
>>24457806
>22
>M
>GAD, OCD, and Seasonal Depression
>California
>inb4 not your personal blog

I'm not really looking for anything specific. Just for a little help or someone to tell me I'm acting dumb.

So I got anxiety back in 2011 while I was still in HS. i didn't have a normal hs experience because of it, and I had to go to continuation school. My anxiety and OCD caused me to neglect a lot of other bodily things I was going through, so my acne went into overdrive because of my stress and I just didn't really take care of it as much as I should. I got my anxiety under control around 2013, but my acne still ravaged my face.

I went on accutane in 2014, and my acne had calmed down. But I was still dealing with tons of scars and redness. It turns out I have Rosacea and there's really nothing I can do about it besides creams and ointments to keep the Rosacea bumps at bay but the redness comes and goes in varying extremes. Recently I just had scar treatments but they can only do so much, so I've still got scarring.

I'm such a far cry from how I looked and felt, but I still feel like a monster, both inside and out. I look in the mirror and hate the way I look. I still don't take pictures of myself. Because I was battling with bouts of depression and anxiety in high school, I never dated, nor did I really have crushes. I just never cared cause my body was awful to me. My face was also an issue. I had other things to contend with than girls

I guess I want someone to tell me that there's always going to be someone who can see past the scars and bumps, but I just can't let myself think that I look like anything other than a monster
>>
>>24462533

>22
>M
>"Depression w/ features of psychosis"
>Your mom's house
>The happiness of others

There's always gonna be someone who can see past the scars and bumps, but typically we're our own worst enemy and we'll push ourselves away from them.

Damn, your story reminds me too much of myself. Work on improving one aspect of yourself at a time, and TAKE IT SLOW. You don't have to rush yourself, and you're nobody's bitch... unless you want to be.
>>
>>24462533
For one; depending on the intensity, it might be not even that noticeable to others; we tend to overestimate our flaws to ridiculous proportions even without extra help from anxiety. I know many gorgeous fucking people who are antagonizing over some aspect of their look that nobody ever noticed without them pointing it out first.

That said, even assuming it looks really, REALLY bad (it probably doesn't); while it will obviously lower the amount of people who are attracted from the first glance on; many will look beyond it, from then on it's up to you and your personality to make it work.
>>
>Age
>Gender
M
Borderline Personality Disorder
>location
SoCal
>what you're looking for
Companionship, whether that be intimate or not, I want to be a rock for somebody and have them be a rock in turn, I'm not looking to bounce in and out of someones life, but I'd ideally like someone as a strong connect that I can be there for as well.
>>
>>24461400
>schizoid
>many friends

Pick one.

What you described isn't SPD. What you described is being a daydreamer.
>>
>>24462910
>what is the secret schizoid
>>
>Age
>Gender
Female
I don't have any official diagnosis, but I'm anxious as shit and I hallucinate daily, so I'm sure it's something.
>location
Canada
>what you're looking for
A good night's sleep would be a start.
>>
>>24462922
Secret schizoids aren't able to maintain friendships, and if they are friends with people for the sake of appearances, that amount isn't going to be described as "many."

Nor are they creative people. They wouldn't be into art, music, songwriting, or painting. When you don't see yourself as part of the world, you don't see the need to add to it, and creation is a part of that.
>>
>>24457806
>>Age
>>Gender
M
Borderline Personality Disorder
>>location
Oz
Not much
>>
>>24462933
Broad strokes, bruv.
>>
>>24462933
He didn't say he has many friends, he says many of his friends will never meet. As in, the majority of the friends he has.
Schizoids can be creative, they're just less likely to share it with people. Most schizoids have vivid internal realities, what you call daydreaming is just as real to me as this.
I don't know if that dude has spd but that's not for you to decide.
>>
>>24459099
Kik Maccattack13
>>
File: 77.png (5KB, 97x102px) Image search: [Google]
77.png
5KB, 97x102px
>Age
>Gender
M
Anxitity/ depression
>location
Southern CA
>what you're looking for
People to talk too when I'm some depressed
I try to occupy myself with music and other hobbies but my motivation is pretty low rn

Discord: starlessred#3041
>>
>>24461484
Fl also kik maccattack13
>>
File: 1476640008612.jpg (172KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1476640008612.jpg
172KB, 1000x1430px
>>Age
>>Gender
Female
All diagnosed: Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, PTSD, EDNOS, Insomnia
>>location
Oregon
Somebody to watch anime with, in person or online. Friends.
>>
>>24463416
Contact? I'm a girl from Oregon too. I don't watch anime but maybe we can be buds.
>>
>>24463416
i am actually not from US but we could chat... skype: ozgurluge-manus
>>
>>24462929

What kinda of hallucinations?

Genuinely interested
>>
>>24463416
I'm in Oregon looking for an anime-pal, also that's a pretty nice pepe

skype+kik: redicudonk
>>
>>Age
>>Gender
Male
Diagnosed: Insomnia, Psychopathic Personality, OCD.
>>location
I prefer to not share this info.
People to talk with. I just want to find someone and explain my mind like a diary. I like to listen aswell, and give my opinion, but I am here to search people and talk with no lies. I do not mind if Male or Famale, but guys tend to be boring, and not interested at all.
>>
>>24463599
Forgot to mention, put here Kik or Skype, and I will add. Can talk about everything, since I find interesting all I can experience, and learn. Like sports, films, series, anime, videogames, medicine, and a large etc.
>>
>>24462929
why u think u cant sleep ?
>>
>>24462929
>>24463571
yeah I agree, can you define hallucinations? Have you seen any psychologists regarding them?
>>
>>24462958
what kind of music are you into? I suffer from the same thing, I've been desperately trying to cling to a hobby in order to inspire some sort of passion that would give me a new lease of life. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out too well so far.
>>
>Age
>Gender
male
depression since 15, anxiety started 2 years ago
>location
somewhere
>what you're looking for
maybe company
>>
I'd love to play games with you. Been friggin bored out of my mind lately. All my friends are always on board to play and then I get the game, they stop playing... lol
>>
>>24462949
If this is true about the original guy this is definitely still SPD. I would say people with SPD are 'creative' but from other people's perspective. To them it's just general thought and sometimes belief.
>>
File: suguru tanaka.jpg (100KB, 1200x1261px) Image search: [Google]
suguru tanaka.jpg
100KB, 1200x1261px
>Age
>Gender
Male
Schizophrenia
>location
Colorado
>what you're looking for
Tbh just want to say: "It gets better" to any of my psychosis bros.

Also, I was thinking of getting an Emotional Support Animal. I'm a uni student. Good or bad idea?
>>
>>24462650
>>24462743

Thanks guys. I'm definitely working on myself now. I don't worry about relationships at this point, but you know, sometimes you get those chemicals in your body telling you to go out and meet someone and do a bunch of lame, cringe cutesy shit with them. I would love to maintain focus completely on my goals but sometimes you'd like a companion there for the ride.

I'm probably overinflating my flaws, as you've said. Years and years of self hate will make it hard for anyone to move on immediately.

Thanks again
>>
>Age
>Gender
Female
Depression, CFS, Paranoia, BPD, narcissism
>location
London
>what you're looking for
I don't know?
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
Diagnosed PTSD, relatively severe (have a service animal), I've also been diagnosed with other things like Social Anxiety, Major Depressive, Depersonalization, and Avoidant Disorder but they all tie in with the PTSD.
>location
US
>what you're looking for
I just like lurking these threads because sometimes there's interesting discussion.
>>
>>24465195
Add me to kik. Sr.Misterioso
>>
>>24465560
Do you manage to pull yourself together and go outside often? Meet friends and family?
Do you have a job, and if so is it full time?
>>
>19
>M
>Dyslimbia (borderline personality disorder)
>Michigan
>someone to chat with or someone to help
>>
>> 23
>>Dude
>>Severe depression, avoidant personality disorder, strong chance of other issues from a tbi + years of hard drug use. Shits ronrey
>>Kansas USA
>>no idea.

I don't connect with, relate to, or particularly care to try and form bonds with people. Mixed with hallucinations and delusions. Which feels quite lonely, eventhough I'm engaged.
>>
>>24465647
>I don't connect with, relate to, or particularly care to try and form bonds with people.
"Oh, the average edgy 4channer"

>eventhough I'm engaged
What. How did it happen?
>>
>>24464558
it can get better.

i've been symptom free for 2 years, a few bumps in the road here and there but i was nowhere near as bad as when i was diagnosed.
>>
>>Age
>>Gender
M
major depression, agoraphobia, personality disorder NOS, and im sure a number of other things in the DSM IV that I either don't know about or forgot from medical reports, but that stuff is relatively minor.
>>location
USA
companionship maybe? idk.
>>
> 25

> male

> schizophrenia

> california, 707

> friends or just people to talk to
>>
>>24460729
We're similar. I'll talk to you.
Snapchat is my preferred, but I have a Kik too.
Leave either of those or an e-mail and I'll send you a message.
I'll check this thread tomorrow for you.
>>
>>24466913
my mom was schizo. she died happy, some day with a little luck you too will be older and happy. I am sure it can't be easy bud, and I don't know your struggle, but no matter how severe it is, you just gotta find some positives in life. I believe you can, and I hope you believe you can as well.
>>
>>24461303
>>24461327
Me here, just bumping.
>>
>>24461303
I kinda know how it is. I dated a normie for like 2-3 weeks, and her inability to really get it, and while telling me she knew how it was, as well as general clinginess when i'm used to being alone ruined it. I am probably not as bad as you but I have a lot of social anxiety. I leave the house, but never much further than a block unless i'm with someone I trust. I also spent pretty much 2-3 years living in a room, only leaving if I had to get food, and sometimes not only then. If you want someone to talk to my skype is zwstearns. There won't be any real pressure, you can talk to me when you want to talk. I don't deal with PTSD, at least that I know about, so I probably won't be able to get that, but a lot of the rest I understand, at least a fair bit of it. I've lived with similar issues, even if they might manifest differently.
>>
18/m/Massachusetts

Aspergers, OCD, Major Depression, Sensory Processing Disorder, Anxiety

Not really looking for anything tbqh senpai, just hoping for the impossible (see last line)

>ywn have a gf to play EU4 with because no girls play EU4
>>
Glad to see the thread is retard-free now. Any asexuals here, pre-SSRI dick shrivel? The fact that I'm an asex virgin who can't be touched with no history of sexual abuse etc always confused my therapists. Also, my presenting personality is so different from my private self that I have a lot of issues with identity, integrity, guilt, loneliness, paranoia etc. I don't know how to grapple with these feelings and I'd love to have someone to discuss them with, especially during my bad episodes.

Anyone feel this way or wanna chat?
>>
File: IMG_0737.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0737.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
21/m from London, depression/bipolar/prolly a psychopath, looking for people to get fucked up with & explore the city. Leave your info if interested.

>>24465195
Lol we would get along for sure. My Snapchat is hamclap.
>>
>>24463571
>>24463705
My hallucinations are often kind of continuations of things I see. If I watch someone walk up to the sidewalk, I might hallucinate them continuing walking into the street and getting hit by a car. Or if I am grocery shopping and walking down the aisle, I might hallucinate that the aisle goes on for a lot longer and get trapped in it.

>>24463646
Too anxious to sleep, buddy.
>>
>Age

>Gender
F

>Illness
Major Depressive Disorder
Attempted suicide spent months in hospital for recovery and rehabilitation due to severe memory impairments some cognitive impairments that lasted afterward. I've gotten much better now and can function in society but I'll occasionally have episodes I'm learning to manage.

>Location
USA

>Looking for
people to talk to for a bit, maybe just listen and try to help others, leave your kik if you would like to talk
>>
>>24459787
inorgasmia here, I could hammer a fucking tent peg with the thing and would get chaffed just trying to ejaculate. Absolute shit as it also made my anxiety worse and I stopped attending class.
>>
>>24467374
I'm up to chat? Can't sleep for shit, only have anxiety issues but kik me if you like. Jdilla414
>>
>>24467374
I like to chat
cbeze
>>
>>24461303
>I also am a sjw about rape culture
You do realize that that is literally the mental illness talking. Get more help so you can learn to not demonize 50% of the population again. stop associating with people who enable your delusional beliefs.

>>24459143
Are you a militant khv? I have been inside a vagina, so if so, we wouldn't get along. Otherwise, got a throwaway email?
>>
>>24467547
She literally said none of that, so maybe stop projecting.

You sound insufferable.
>>
>>24467707
>I also am a sjw
She said exactly that, how about you leave her to tell me to fuck myself she doesn't need you to white knight for her.

>You sound insufferable.
Well you are insufferable. Oh no he didn't.
>>
>>24467707
*tips*
>>
>>24467343
You most likely have some sort of a psychotic illness. Have you ever seen a psychologist about it? If it's interfering with your day to day life, medication could really help you massively.
>>
>>24461327
thanks, I appreciate that. I'm a dork, but I like talking to people. I think maybe you should look for a guy who loves you for you, and who can help you come out of your shell a bit more. That's just my opinion anyway. The fact you're coming on this board and talking about it is a positive thing though. It means you haven't given up, so I suggest you stick with it.
>>
>>Age
40's
>>Gender
M
Bouts of severe depression and anxiety. Have attempted suicide once (failed) have seriously planned twice. Still self harm.
>>location
Uk
Nothing. I have a couple of friends that help.
>>
File: 1454119871455.png (491KB, 703x528px) Image search: [Google]
1454119871455.png
491KB, 703x528px
>>24457806
>Age
>Gender
Male
Is self diagnosis okay? Because I think I have AvPD, DPD, definitely have depression and an anxiety disorder.
Depression - suicidal thoughts all the time, extreme apathy, mini breakdowns, self harm
Anxiety - Occasional panic attacks, horrible anxiety over almost everything involving other people, paranoia when everything isn't going to plan, can't deal with stress to the point of panic attacks, possibly agoraphobia
>location
Aus
>what you're looking for
??
>>
>>24468217
whereabouts in the UK are you friendo? I'm in London
>>
>>24468234
Up north
>>
>>24468240
fair dos, London moves far too fast for myself. I've been thinking of moving elsewhere to work on my mental health. Is there any particular reason why you're depressed? Also, how is it up north, are people generally friendlier?
>>
>>24467374
Do you use skype or discord or something? I'm too broke to have a phone that can support kik.
>>
>>24457825
28 male
Bipolar Disorder, ADHD borderline behavior.
4 pills a day to keep myself on track and weekly shrink sessions.

What am I looking for? I dunno, but I feel confortable to talk to girls that lives far away. I'm from Latin America so, if anyone wants to talk just reply to me with contact.
>>
I have a cousin that has some drama queen disorder, it has a name thanks to it I can never take anyone else's mental disorders serious.
>>
>>24467374
i would like to chat but i have only skype ... ozgurluge-manus
>>
>>24466878
I know. In gonna sound like a total shill but antipsychotics have turned my life around. God bless abilify
>>
>Age 35
>Gender I identify as GOD
>Illness symptomatic of schizophrenia/bipolar but none of the dumb shit like make belieave animals and seeing n hearing shit. cos my ADHD prevents it, Also ASD, OCD< ODD, Overall every disorder that makes people hate me cos i can't comunicate for shit.

I'm not as bad as FuseyTube n Grossgore tho.
>location London Senpai (also other planes of exsistance when i been smoking DMT)
>what you're looking for DRUGS! CBT won't fucking do shit i need Wellbutrin, Lithiam and Ritalin. then i might stop feeling like shit.

also NSA sex with bipolar bitches who like cocain.
>>
Sometimes I seriously wonder why low self esteem is not recognized as a real mental disorder, because I honestly think that it is.
>>
>>24468605
Histrionic personality disorder? Borderlines also are sometimes regarded as "drama queens".

>>24469220
It's more of a symptom than an illness on its own.

>>24465611
>Do you manage to pull yourself together and go outside often?
On nicer days I'll throw on some headphones and go for a walk through the neighborhood. I actually go like going outside, but only in quiet, more rural areas.
>Meet friends and family?
No family, they're either gone or I cousins I don't know at all.
Friends are pretty spread out around the country and I've moved around a lot as well, so I really only get to see them a few times a year.
>Do you have a job, and if so is it full time?
I had a job in a retail position but it was too mentally draining. I got fired for things related to physical disabilities.
>>
Idk if this is anything but I fall head over heels in love with people I've never even spoken to for days at a time. Several people at once even.

And not like... "Let's have sex" love, but "id steal the world and burn it to the ground for you, because you mean more to me than anything ever could" kind of love.
>>
>Age
>Gender
M
Alcoholic, drug addict, used to have depression, now im just kind of apathetic, self destructive tendencies yadayada
>location
Gr8 Britain
>what you're looking for
Friends to talk to about anything really, just people to shoot the breeze with, i only ever tend to talk to one or two people at a time so in not really interested in friend hoarders
>>
>>24467547
>I am offended by rape culture because as a man people might consider me a potential rapist and not because people actually get raped en masse
>>
M
Uk
Clinical depression. (Was on medication stopped because I felt gross)
Someone to chat with. My girlfriend just left me I'm feeling particularly down I'm just wondering if there's anybody else who wants to maybe help me through or help each other through
Kik:sherrifftoast85
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
Depression and social anxiety. l overthink everything and feel extremely detached from reality.
>location
US
>what you're looking for
Someone I can relate with
>>
>>24470680
Similar but male. I'll talk to you. What platform?
>>
File: 1 in 1877.gif (249KB, 1751x741px) Image search: [Google]
1 in 1877.gif
249KB, 1751x741px
>>24469790
>not because people actually get raped en masse
Citation needed
>>
>>24470979
Kanins study has so many flaws there is a fucking wikipedia article about it. Would be surprised if the rest of the handpicked examples are any better.
>>
>>24467547
What about my post sounded militant khv? I need to know because I am not militant khv but if have been alone long enough to sound like one I am afraid.

Thanks for the new GAD diagnosis next time I go in, asshole
>>
>>24467547
and sorry im >>24459143
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Illnesses
Treatment Resistant Depression, Social Anxiety, General Anxiety, Tricotillomania and other anxieties and OCDs.
>location
USA, NH
>what you're looking for
People to talk with or just to listen to people and help.
>>
>>24468910
i take risperidone.

i have every single god damn side effect but it's still better than having a fucked up conceptual continuity
>>
>>24459821
kicksallass

we can be friends, im from Ontario though
>>
>>24462929
Any F in Toronto want to be my friend?
>>
>>24471159
I get really restless on abilify, but the difference has been night and day
>>
>>24463707
Noise, ambient, techno, black metal, ect

and feel free to message me buddy
>>
>>24459734
Kik: nsbrick88 40/m/Canada sup
>>
40/m/canada
don't really know what's wrong desu. anxiety/depression and god knows what else. just looking for people to talk to about this kinda stuff

Kik : nsbrick88
>>
>>24468194
I can't afford a psychologist and I don't qualify for any programs for free/reduced cost sessions. I also would be wary of sharing too much with them because I'm afraid I'd be committed.
>>
>>24469609
>On nicer days I'll throw on some headphones and go for a walk through the neighborhood. I actually go like going outside, but only in quiet, more rural areas.
>>Meet friends and family?
>No family, they're either gone or I cousins I don't know at all.
>Friends are pretty spread out around the country and I've moved around a lot as well, so I really only get to see them a few times a year.
>>Do you have a job, and if so is it full time?
>I had a job in a retail position but it was too mentally draining. I got fired for things related to physical disabilities.

Ablist scum retail strikes again. I got fired because people didn't want to deal with my manic depression moodswings and unstable behaviro when i was dealing with the death of my grandfather and mother having a stroke in the same week. I was burnt out unable to control my impulsive behavior and had one shit stiring cunt lying to management about me on 3 occations just to try get me fired.

if i was more unstable i'd prob of stabbed the cunt in the throat with an Ice axe.

I'm not bipolar but i have shzioid/bipolar tendancies when my ADHD gets really bad.
>>
File: life.jpg (99KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
99KB, 500x374px
>Age
>Gender
Male
"Classic Depression" according to a therapist I haven't been to in years. Aside from that I'm probably fine.
Probably.
>location
Somewhere in the Nevada desert (US burgertown)
>what you're looking for
The feeling of love and having it not slip away like everything else.
>>
>>24471738
I can very much assure you that you wouldn't be committed. There are a number of people with psychotic illnesses who lead very normal day to day lives, unbeknownst to anyone outside of their healthcare professionals and possibly family.

Have you got any family members you can confide in? They could give you the confidence and support you need to make that first step and get evaluated.
>>
>Age
>Gender
F
PTSD, ADHD, depression, anxiety, BPD
>location
USA
>what you're looking for
Nothing haha
>>
ahahahahahahaha of couse I'm the th only one to fo without a response
>>
>>24461691
Contact info?
>>
>>24460218
then you haven't met a triathlete.
>>
>>24472780
Then she only has the power to kill you with her thighs as well as sex
>>
>>24457876
Kik:RedMatzoo

I'll be your friend if you dont mind girls
>>
File: 1420386384255.jpg (14KB, 183x183px) Image search: [Google]
1420386384255.jpg
14KB, 183x183px
>Age
>Gender
MALE
I have bi-polar disorder but it's kept pretty much under wraps because of my medication. At this point I'm just incredibly lonely and depressed.
>location
New York
>what you're looking for
I'm looking for friends to talk about feels and just stuff in general like psychology, or history, or music even. I'm willing to be emotionally available for someone else to deal with stuff and who's willing to do the same for me. I'd like to think I'm a good person who cares about his friends.

My skype is omnishake
>>
File: 1473353152191.gif (327KB, 834x870px) Image search: [Google]
1473353152191.gif
327KB, 834x870px
>>24469609
>I actually go like going outside, but only in quiet, more rural areas.
Mhm, I really enjoy hiking by myself in deep and old forests myself. Helps me just.. think.

>I had a job in a retail position but it was too mentally draining. I got fired for things related to physical disabilities.
I had a job for 6 months, they were well aware of my issues and due to them, I had troubles sleeping and waking up.
Still got fired after a while, eventhough I overslept less and less, never cheated with my hours and worked over to make sure I got things done for the day.

People are asshats. :/
>>
>asl
25 m canada
>Diseases
AvPD, Social phobia, BPD
I don't talk much about my troubles, i'm optimistic and i'm all about having fun, but i can be real shy and avoidant if you're intimidating.
>LF
People with diseases of the similar type, or who atleast understands. ^^;
Who won't make fun of me when i'm shy.
Who will tell me about their day and ask about mine.~
Add me if you think you're that person k? skype: daandro
>>
>>24472638
My parents don't really believe in mental illness and just equate it to being mentally disabled.

Thanks for the assurance though. Maybe I'll be able to afford to see someone one day.
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
Bipolar II
>location
Georgia
>what you're looking for
A female
>>
>>24472921
>I'm looking for friends to talk about feels and just stuff in general like psychology, or history,
come over to /his/, we'll be your friends as long as you don't go full poltard
>>
>>24471758
>>24473136
I had a full on panic attack at work in my work month, my housemate was still working with me at the time and took me to the "liquor cage" so I could be away from everything and cool off, and my primary boss was someone I knew who used to have severe depression, so he understood to a degree.

Housemate gets a job elsewhere and I get his position, boss-friend has to go on maternity leave when his wife gives birth, so I'm just left with Tweedlebitch (boss's supervisor) and Tweedledumbass (Another guy in the same position as my boss). I would eat lunch in the liquor cage so I could have some peace and quiet and cool off. Apparently this was not okay, I either had to eat lunch in the lunchroom, or in my car (which... they know I didn't have because I physically cannot drive due to eyesight). Former boss said they couldn't do that, and if I needed a private space I could just eat in the small office.

I was one of two liquor clerks, I did my job well especially for a first-timer (housemate taught me the tricks) and even did it better than the other liquor clerk, but unfortunately I also had issues with scheduling because I'm, again, physically fucking disabled and cannot drive and all the scheduling was done by a poorly-designed computer program. When my friend-boss was there he was willing and able to adjust my schedule. When it was just Tweedledumbass, apparently this was not okay because they had a seniority system so people like myself who were new had no say in work hours, even when the computer scheduled me to work a two full 9 hour days with only a 6 hour space in between.

(cont.)
>>
>>24473441
Shortly before Halloween, which was on a weekend (so... rip booze aisle), I was pulled into the office and told that my scheduling issues were too inconvenient, my boss was breaking rules changing it for me, I was too disobedient (lunch room thing again, that's literally it). I reminded them of my eyesight and panic attack. Didn't matter. Hilarious part was the other clerk also put his two weeks in the same day. The entire basis for firing me was because I wasn't available whenever they needed so they had no one on liquor, and by firing me they had no one on liquor... right before a huge party weekend.
>>
This thread should be called mental unhealth...

Then again,/soc/ was Dicks and Mental Illness for a while.
>>
I've never seen a doctor about it or talked to anyone but maybe someone here can offer advice or something idk.

I go through phases of extreme energy and being super outgoing and annoying for a while and then go into hermit mode and don't talk to anyone or leave my house. Even talking to internet people feels weird at that point. I think the only thing that drags me out of it is being forced to go to work, and then that first morning is hell and I'm so anxious and awkward. But then a couple days later I'm back to being smooth and confident and cheerful. And even though I'm competent in dealing with others, I don't really care about having real friends. People fascinate me and then I lose interest. I'm always more attracted to weirdos, probably for that reason.

My life is fine for the most part. I have a job and significant other so it's not like this is interfering with any of that stuff. I just don't think it's normal and it probably started around 2 years ago. And no, I don't do drugs.
>>
>>24470821
>>24473829
rob..wyatt
I changed my picture to a Doge so you can find me.
>>
Fucking shit thread. These mental illness threads are always just a bunch of thirst faggots looking for vulnerable broken whores to contact. Maybe they'll say theyre fucked up to o "Im just like you!!" fucking fags. Oh and then there's the dumb fucking sluts who post like they're shy and have social anxiety meanwhile they have 5 thousand guys on their contact list and cant be bothered to give you more than a 1 word reply every 2 hours. This thread is a joke just like all of your mental illnesses. there is literally no point.
>>
>>24460042
I have (diagnosed) schizoid personality disorder too if you want to play video games with me. Won't bother you for emotional intimacy.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/borleskort/
>>
File: Squilliam_Returns_020.png (920KB, 1052x800px) Image search: [Google]
Squilliam_Returns_020.png
920KB, 1052x800px
>>24474001
>>
>>24474036
Good luck snagging them cuties man! Remember to dump their nudes on anonib.
>>
>>24473626
Need a little more context, explain your bursts of energy.
>>
>>24458415
is it too much to ask what your ptsd was caused by?
>>
>>24474115
Sometimes it lasts for days. I wake up and feel like blasting music at 6 AM. I'll go to work and do everything at hyperspeed, which is great because I'll be super productive and finish early and my bosses love it. Then I'll get home and get EVERYTHING done, like I can't relax. Sometimes if someone gets in my way I get pretty irritated when this happens. Sometimes I have so much energy it keeps me awake and I don't really sleep but I still get up and go to work and feel energetic and feel like running around.
>>
>>24474001
>projecting this hard
>>
>>24474190
Youre projecting. lololol

Projecting. Post something thats sort of negative about something/someone else projecting!!! PROJECTING.

Fuck you.
>>
>>24473441
>>24473453
Holy damn.. I'd flip my shit..
Hey.. Not trying to contactfag but, if you'd like someone to talk to you could add my Kik or Skype if you'd like..?
Also, inb4;
>not trying to contactfag
>contactfags
>>
>>24459212
Do you have a kik?
>>
>>24474163
Could be a form of bipolar disorder however I doubt it, I think it would have caused you more problems if it was. It's definitely worth keeping an eye out for though. But don't worry I know many people who suffer from depression can feel this way after they come put of a depressive episode, so it could just be that. Either way if things get worse just go to your doctor's :)
>>
>>24471358
Sure, where in Tdot??
>>
>>24471738
Just be careful if you share anything about auditory hallucinations (if you get them). When I explained to them about the visual it was chill, but as soon as I mentioned auditory (not even severe stuff) the doc freaked out and was like "if you hear things you need to be committed immediately". Anything else, even ideation, they won't form 1 you. Just again, be careful if u get audio!!! His reaction made me so scared lol
>>
ITT: People who fell for the chemical imbalance meme.
>>
>>24474810
Your doctor's an idiot then, you should report that.
>>
>>24474923
He was a walk in clinic doc so I don't think anyone will give a fuck lmao. Just made me really paranoid (well, more so) when it comes to sharing with med professionals. I feel like I don't receive the care I need because I am unable to articulate for fear of being committed. My hallucinations are much less severe now and I think having a job and stuff has helped me manage my episodes tho. My best friend was put into the ward and visiting her those seven months was like something Dante could have penned.
>>
>Gender
Male(combat tank)
Insidious Onset Schizophrenia
>location
Europe???
>what you're looking for
Not a goddamn thing

Kik: Razordefcon

If you want to talk just message. I've been through quite a bit regarding mental illness
>>
>>24475171
You shouldn't be afraid of being put on a ward, it isn't so bad. Your usually out within a week unless you don't want to get better or are really fucked up. I've seen people who have been so manic they've tryed to kill themselves been in and out within 5 days. I mean at first it's scary but after a day or so you calm down and realise it's for the best.
>>
File: Selbstportraits (35).jpg (779KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Selbstportraits (35).jpg
779KB, 2048x1536px
>>24457806
>>Age
>>Gender
Male
Asperger (I don't see it as illness)
>>location
Germany
General exchange, especially with other autists
>>
4chan sucks, but I love everyone in this thread, and I'm so glad you are all alive
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Illness
Anxiety/depression
>location
UT

I'm looking for someone to to just talk about stuff like this. I've rarely ever had any problems with depression/anxiety, but I recently moved in with some roommates and they're causing this shit to go haywire.
>>
>>24476482
<3
>>
File: Selbstportraits (34).jpg (829KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Selbstportraits (34).jpg
829KB, 1536x2048px
>>24476474
>>Contact info
Skype rashidfahirkaru
Email divinelight - emailn - de
Ask for TOX/Discord info
>>
>>24457876
Bobbrady76 kik me we can talk
>>
>>24458783
Kik me bobBrady76 im sure I can help message me for more info
>>
>>24460160
>Someone to be weird with
Sounds interesting, but I don't have KIK or mobile apps
Leave your Email if you like someone really weird
or skype
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
Schizoid Personality Disorder and Antisocial Personality Disorder
>location
Brazil, but going to live in US
>what you're looking for
Clonazepam
>>
>A/S/L
20/M/USA
>Death Metal
Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Death, In Flames
>Thrash Metal
Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth
>Black Metal
Burzum, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Mayhem, Darkthrone
>Symphonic Metal
Nightwish, Within Temptation
>Traditional Metal
Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath
>Skype
eyesofnero
>>
>>24474001
awesome post man!
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (161KB, 840x985px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
161KB, 840x985px
>age
>gender
Male
>illness
Major Depressive and Borderline Personality Disorder
>location
West Virginia
>looking for
Someone to talk to
>>
>>24478162
Forgot contact info
Kik: dyincrouse
Snap: rhinocrouse
>>
>>24476301
Not here. My friend was committed for seven months after slitting her throat during an episode. She was committed again a few months later for six because of a less violent episode. Maybe it's my country or maybe it's just the mental health facility where I live. You probably live in a bigger place where the funding is shitty enough that they can't keep you. I'm mostly scared because I'm drug and alcohol dependant and it actually aggravates my symptoms for some time when I go clean. I don't wanna tail spin in rehab and end up losing a year of my life.
>>
>>24476780
Did you misfire you post?
>this is now the Metal illness thread

>>24474207
You need to calm down.

>>24474348
I don't do contact stuff, but thanks.
(don't even have a phone for kik anyway, lol)

>>24479405
It probably has more to do with the severity of the episode and how they handle treatment. I can't speak about adult wards, but when I got sent to a "behavioural hospital" as a teen they'd put you on a 72 hour watch where you'd be watched more closely and things deemed "dangerous" like shoelaces or anything that could be used to cut would be taken away, then start giving you more privileges and such and if you continued to behave you could be out in a week, but the moment you lashed out for any reason your countdown would be reset, even if it was just a one off thing and you calmed down completely in a day.
>>
>>24480150
I don't think you understand how damaging a week can be for some people. You're acting as if a week is no time at all. A week without your normal routine for some people with mental illness is a lifetime. Being confined to a hospital for a week without anything you can do to leave isn't fair to do to anyone, let alone people who have probably built their world to already try to accomodate them as much as possible and then are forced away from that.
>>
>>24480247
If they're over 18, they can't forced into a mental hospital unless they're proven to be an legitimate, serious danger to themselves or others as determined by a professional.

If someone ends up forcibly hospitalized because they actively tried to kill themselves or someone else and can't manage even a week without snapping again even with professional treatment in multiple formats, they need to remain hospitalized until they can function relatively well without risk of causing serious harm again.

If they voluntarily choose to admit themselves, then they consciously made the decision to make an effort to be more stable and functional and should be prepared for all the difficulties involved with that.
>>
>>24480295
I think what he's saying is that it's either "you're on your own" or "you play by specific state rules that restrict you in horrible ways"

between medications I'd be told to try, being branded a freak, and a change in lifestyle that would ruin my career? that simply is not allowed.

This is why I went to /soc/ for therapy instead of professional help that I'm pretty sure I needed.
Even now that i'm "over it" and feeling better, I have underlying issues I do not feel safe telling anyone, let alone a professional.

"yes, doc: I considered suicide and went from the biggest eater I know to eating one small meal a day only to avoid letting everyone know exactly how bad I felt. I am worried that if the friends I just made got mad at me I could relapse at any time."

....that just doesn't fly.
>>
>>24480150
oh my god lol, metal illness thread. gotta say, he does have good tastes though
>>
>>24479405
Again you don't know the full story with your friend, what she told her shrink and stuff whilst in there. Where do you live?
>>
>>24480295
If you even mention being suicidal, you're immediately put into a hospital for 72 hours. How is that fair at all? Knowing that threat is there stops people from communicating properly with their doctors and therapists. If you can't accurately describe how you're feeling without knowing it will immediately land you in the hospital for 3 days, that isn't ok.

>If they voluntarily choose to admit themselves, then they consciously made the decision to make an effort to be more stable and functional and should be prepared for all the difficulties involved with that.
With how poorly people with mental illnesses are treated in hospitals, that can make someone change their mind pretty quickly. Not being able to leave when you want is a huge thing to people, especially those who might be dealing with antisocial symptoms, agoraphoria, or really any anxiety.
>>
>>24480367
>If you even mention being suicidal, you're immediately put into a hospital for 72 hours.
Maybe some states run things differently, but I was under the impression that most required some actual proof of the person being a real danger. in order to protect civil liberties.

I have a friend who absolutely snapped after her dad died and was threatening suicide left and right, but no one could force her into anything- not suicide watch, not therapy, not institutionalization because she would need to have actually attempted something or shown that she was actively planning on it. This was in PA, and one of the people I contacted to get her help was a licensed psych but he told me that there was no way to force her into anything.

I knew another girl in some midwest state and blew up her Dumblr before Xmas with suicide threats, "What will my mom think when she finds her daughter dead on Xmas eve?" talking about how she was cutting so deep she could see bone and there was blood everywhere. She ignored all attempts to get a hold of her. She vanished for a day after that, but since it was "all talk" (she didn't even cut herself), no one was able to do anything about it even though people had screenshots of the fiasco before she took it all down.
>>
>>24481079
>>24480331
>"you play by specific state rules that restrict you in horrible ways"
>medications I'd be told to try, being branded a freak, and a change in lifestyle that would ruin my career?
I'm not really seeing how any of that is related to state rules.

Medications aren't bad, they're just complicated. Being branded a freak is a stigma that's slowly vanishing. I'm not sure what you mean by a change in lifestyle that would ruin your career, since any job worth its salt would consider it medical leave.

>I have underlying issues I do not feel safe telling anyone, let alone a professional.
Way too many people with god complexes get involved in the psychology field, so a lot of psychs/therapists are not just awful at their jobs, but awful people in general. I lived with a youth therapist who treated kids like shit. My boyfriend's ex is studying psychology and she was the gaslighting queen.

The trick is to keep trying until you find one you like, who is a level-headed individual and understands humanity, and doesn't just pretend to help people for an ego boost and a nice paycheck. I know two therapists who could hear a statement like that and not want to lock you up, shove pills down your throat, or call you a monster.
>>
I'm 20 and I have PTSD and psychosomatic pain. I spent months having tests run on me to find out what was wrong and it turns out it was all just an illusion :)
My entire perception of reality is in the shitter. :)
Anyone else?
>>
>Age
>Gender
M
Schizoid Personality, OCPD, Major Depression (all diagnosed)
>location
CA
>what you're looking for
I don't even know anymore
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.