[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question for anyone who stutters i have always found

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: Western Scrub Jays.jpg (82KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
Western Scrub Jays.jpg
82KB, 435x580px
I have a question for anyone who stutters

i have always found stutters really cute, not in a like patronizing way i just find it to be a charming feature... but i havent ever told anyone this because i worry it sounds really insulting... i really don't want it to come across that way, but i feel guilty for even thinking like this

Can anyone who stutters give me their perspective? I'm 25/F by the way
>>
I wouldn't mind lol xD most ppl find it annoying like come on with it but sometimes I just get locked up
25m
>>
25/f, as well.

i had a stutter as kid, and sometimes it comes out. i'm extremely self aware of it and avoid public speaking because of it since anxiety triggers it. idk if it's insulting to think stuttering is cute, but if someone i was dating or friends with brought up that they thought it was cute, i'd feel really self conscious because a.) they brought up the fact that it's noticeable, and b.) i'd feel conflicted because stuttering = bad and now someone is thinking of it as a non-bad thing.

i'd just not mention it, anon.
>>
>>24400787

oh, i think you misunderstood me... I would never mention it to someone. i'm just asking this question as a concept because i feel really guilty for feeling that way
>>
I don't stutter per se but I am a bit nervous while speaking and sometimes I do like mini stutters.

I don't know, if you told me that's cute I'd probably melt. I believe a guy who actually stutters would feel likewise.
>>
I sort of lose the ability to speak when I get really nervous. Like I just jumble my words and stuff. I think it happens to everybody once in a while.
>>
Yeah xD I think it would make me feel like hey maybe there's people out there who like it lol builds confidence
>>
>>24400810

that does sound wicked cute, and if you ever want me to tell you so over a skype call just say the word
>>
>>24400819
>.> My Skype is mozzimoto
>>
>>24400819
The word.

soujiroelric
>>
I am a great public speaker despite having a minor stutter and I think it mostly comes from thinking faster than my mouth can move so I end up stuttering or slurring my words half the time. I don't think that it's insulting it's just you liking a trait that some people have. Like someone liking girls that have freckles, nothing wrong with it :)
>>
I gave wrong Skype :3 [email protected]
>>
>>24400797
well, you can't change how you feel. if you find it cute or endearing, you can't help that.

do you find small stutters cute, like someone being nervous, or actually full-on stutters cute? a severe stutter is pretty debilitating and makes having a conversation with someone difficult.
>>
>>24400876

both/either

i know it causes quite a bit of trouble for the stutterer when it's severe so obviously i feel for them on that, but from my point of view it's charming and i don't really mind that it takes them a little longer to get the words out
>>
>>24400876
I had to call a company to get a quote on a spotting scope for work the other day, and the guy I spoke with had a monstrous stutter. Bad enough that he wouldn't repeat hard consonant sounds, he'd just completely lock up and not be able to say anything for a couple seconds. You could tell sometimes he would change words to avoid certain sounds, too. Out of abundant respect, I didn't even acknowledge the impediment, but it felt like a white elephant.
>>
>>24400773
I was a heavy stutterer when I was younger, and I still need to watch my hard consonants. 18f

I'd feel kind of weirded out if someone were to say they thought my stuttering was cute, since it's a big source of insecurity.
Public speaking, a nerve-racking affair as is, dates, telephone calls, debates; the fear to lock up and look like an idiot is definitely a problem. As a result, i'd feel super conflicted if someone came out and said they think it's endearing or whatever. In a sense it feels kind of patronizing, because you're effectively glorifying a (minor) impediment.
>>
>>24401780
That said, anyone worth a damn would recognize that it's beyond your control and not judge you for it.
>>
>>24401824
Of course, but growing up I wasn't surrounded by decent people those years shaped me to feel anxious about my stutter. The worst was when people would try to finish sentences for me, because even if it came from a place of compassion, it always felt like I wasn't allowed to have my thoughts.
Wow talking about this unlocked some emotions
>>
>>24401829
Emotions that needed unlocked? I'd never presume to finish a person's sentences.
>>
>>24401844
In a way; speech is a huge part of human interaction and finding possible reasons behind the trouble I sometimes have with it is cathartic.
Most people don't recognize the possible harm in it, and some are genuinely trying to help you. I always feel a little salty when people do it and then I feel bad about feeling salty
>>
>>24401856
I think it honestly depends upon the scenario. If you're calling 911 because your house is on fire, time is a more critical concern than your thought independence. But most other times, that isn't so.
>>
Severe stutterer here. Had it since I was four, and of the 20+ speech therapists I've been to, no one seems to know exactly why. So I'm unique. Yay.
It seems to be intrinsically linked to stress levels, so the severity actually varies on a daily and even hourly basis. There are times that I'm perfectly fluent, sometimes for weeks straight. Other times I can't get through a single sentence.
For most of my childhood it was so bad that I pretty much just didn't speak. Didn't make many friends, never really dated, etc. It sort of fed a vicious cycle of social anxiety, as stress>stutter>more stress>more stuttering. Only recently have I gotten a decent handle on it, largely with the help of some anti-anxiety drugs.

I honestly don't think I've ever had anyone tell me it was cute before. Mostly, people just react awkwardly, like I'm "broken" and they don't know how to fix it. Frankly, any positive response would be a nice change of pace.

It's really kind of a shame. I love talking and meeting new people, but at the same time I have a physical barrier in the way of me doing that.

19/M, and if anyone cares I can post my Discord.

>>24401824
You'd be amazed at how shitty people can be about it. A lot of people I've met don't think of a stutter as a disability, so much as an inability. They think that you're ignorant or weak or something, and that if you just tried hard enough, you could speak fluently. Hell, my paternal grandparents are convinced that my stutter is the manifestation of me not being a devout Christian. God's punishment, if you will. There's a reason I don't talk to that side of the family....
>>24401829
Oh my god, this. I know most people are trying to help, but the single most infuriating thing someone can do is try to finish my sentence. Especially because they often get it wrong.
>>
>>24400773

at this point I enjoy someone trying to make it light hearted. usually I take the initiative and make a joke to ease the awkwardness for them. I'd say you're safe. if someone got shitty with you about trying say something nice. they're probably an asshole anyways
>>
>>24400773
Don't feel guilty. You can't help how you feel yknow?

That said, as some one with an occasional stutter this makes me feel better knowing somebody might find it cute lol xD
>>
>>24403402

I would be interested in talking to you if you see this
>>
>>24404874
My Discord is Mad Mike#0130.
I do have a Skype account, but I use it so little that I honestly forgot the login.
>>
>>24406324

Okiedoke, i think I added you. maybe you can teach me how to use this program, i've had it for a while but barely played around with it
>>
>>24403402
Whenever I hear that anyone has a stutter, I want to give them a big hug in their most anxious moment.

Not sure what someone with an actual stutter would make of it. I don't know anyone who has one.
>>
>>24407175

I obviously dont have a stutter myself but from talking to people who do my understanding is that it isn't necessarily based in anxiety, although if they're anxious it may be more pronounced
>>
>>24400773
It matters in what context you said it to me. Like if you were obviously trying to get in my pants I wouldn't be offered but I wouldnt believe you. If I was your friend and you said it, it'd cheer me up a bit. If you came out of no where and said it I would definitely be embarrassed you noticed, but not upset at you specifically. Mentioning it at all doesn't bother me unless you interrupted the stutter only to mention it.
>>
>>24407175
Unexpected hugs usually aren't a bad thing. Unnecessary, perhaps, but not bad. I'd probably just be a tiny bit stunned.
>>24408253
At least in my case it's not directly caused by anxiety, but anxiety/stress does worsen it.
>>
Bump for more feedback
>>
>>24410660
I dunno about the other stutterers in the threat, but if anyone has questions, I'd be happy to answer. I love educating people about it.
>>
>>24412219

Got a contact?
>>
>>24412258
You already have mine on Discord.
(And I'd log on, but I'm posting from my phone.)
>>
>>24412273

;A;
>>
As a guy who suffers from a pretty bad stutter, it would be a HUGE compliment if someone told me my stutter was cute. im so self conscious about it and its really embarrassing, and having some one find that as a positive quality about me would be a huge boost in my confidence
>>
>>24400773
I once was able to read aloud perfectly, I used to be the best in my class in middle school. 10 years later, and I don't know what the hell happened, I think spaghetti disease, and now I trip over my words and stutter a lot more often. It's lame ;_; I think it's because I talk too fast...
>>
>>24412296

Do YOU have a contact? :)
>>
I've stuttered since i was little and it was bad till about the end of middle school, now after high school its better i can talk normally now but i have times where i stutter or i get stuck and some days i stutter alot. is a huge complement that you like stuttering cause ive ha some social issues cause of me overthinking it but most people dont notice it
>>
>>24400773
I would be nervous that my speech impediment wasn't cute enough or prominent enough for you because I worked real hard to get over it. Like originally I was going to say that I'd melt like butter in your hand and have a massive puppy dog crush on you but I'd probably just be anxious about not being stuttery enough for the stutter club. I feel the same way about posting in the regular /ugly threads like I just assume that I'm good enough to be on the lowest side of average.
>>
>>24412301
yeah, i do, skype is andrethegiantone1
>>
>>24412405

There isn't like a minimum amount of stuttering! It's all cute to me
>>
>>24400773
I have a random question, if you don't mind. Do you have any hobbies? Anime or anything? Might post contact.
>>
>>24412563

of course i have hobbies, but i'm not really into anime no.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.