[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential anxiety thread. Need someone to assure me that everything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: q7ngqnki7ckhc7sfqzfx.jpg (80KB, 360x462px) Image search: [Google]
q7ngqnki7ckhc7sfqzfx.jpg
80KB, 360x462px
Existential anxiety thread.

Need someone to assure me that everything is going to be okay. Anyone else struggling with existential crisis?
>>
I'm pretty sure everything isn't going to be okay.
>>
File: 1474585710115.jpg (209KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1474585710115.jpg
209KB, 1803x1351px
Literally everything you will ever do is meaningless in the end so no point dwelling on that fact aimlessly.
>>
File: 2nd-hit_Clark_Robert_2_2000x1340.jpg (326KB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
2nd-hit_Clark_Robert_2_2000x1340.jpg
326KB, 2000x1340px
>>24382879
true i guess. I've been obsessing over it for quite some time now and it feels like I will never go back to the careless, happy person I was before.

Any advice on this? My family is f*cked up and I have trouble opening up to friends. Maybe I should go see a therapist?
>>
>>24382869
"This too will pass."
>>
>>24382897
happiness is an illusion, nigger. You know it
>>
I want to just say one thing to you, existential anon.
Each moment you have in life, good or bad, is a once in a lifetime experience
A stranger told that to me when I thought shit was too much to handle a long time ago. I think about it every day. Maybe in the long run everything might not be okay, but to me it's worth experiencing because I will only get to do it this time around.
that's just me though.
>>
Sometimes what helps an existential crisis is a bit of Nihilistic perspective. Nothing matters but you thinking about it won't change it. Why should you care about it, it is below you.
If Rene Descartes states I think therefore i am (or more accurately i am the sum of all my thoughts). Then if you don't care about something it cannot matter.
I have been suffering with anxiety/depression and existentialism for years and the only thing which has helped me get it to a manageable level is mindfulness CBT (its like meditating if you think it will help talk to a psychologist) while people talk about clearing your mind if your like me and can't let go of things use the Nihilistic perspective and treat everything as being below your notice, it may help you.
>>
>>24382869
"Everything is going to become unimaginably worse and never get better again."

I've suffered depression for almost 15 years now, I'm just taking the attitude that I don't really give a fuck about anything anymore and just try and find the pleasure in small things. Just do what you want, find joy in inane shit, it's just as meaningful as anything else.
>>
>>24382869
How do you battle existential anxiety? You get off your ass and you do what you need to do. I was depressed my entire life and nothing anyone said every helped me feel better. You know what did? Just doing what I needed to do. I worked hard at my job to make money so I could afford to get a better job. I started working out and running to get my mind off everything and girls started to like me more.
Your life is in your own goddamn hands. Take whats yours.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.