[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

loneliness among 18-35 year olds is on the rise, according t

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: GettyImages-480663639.jpg (17KB, 385x257px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-480663639.jpg
17KB, 385x257px
loneliness among 18-35 year olds is on the rise, according to research:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/20/loneliness-next-great-moneyspinner

why are you alone?
what solutions work?
>>
File: image_1.png (159KB, 540x611px) Image search: [Google]
image_1.png
159KB, 540x611px
>>24357725
(((research)))

I'm perfectly fine crying myself to sleep every night
>>
File: 1472767775422.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472767775422.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>24357725
>pushed all of my friends away a long time ago
>get bored with people very quickly
>easily irritated
>depression and anxiety
>I'm a drunk
>the older I get, the less I enjoy being around people
>I'm not an """asexual""", and I fap fairly frequently, but hypochondria often gets in the way of intimacy

Any takers? Kek
>>
>>24357752
drop the booze
>>
>>24357752
This is me but Tinder :^)
>>
18/m

>why are you alone
Mental illness, I'm kinda ugly, I'm a neet, I don't go out much, ect

>solutions
vidya, shitposting, talking to my friends when they are not busy
>>
File: rejection.png (68KB, 871x283px) Image search: [Google]
rejection.png
68KB, 871x283px
>>24359354
Also I'll just drop this here, it's pretty relatable for me at least
>>
m/19
>why are you alone
because im a shut in and am far to much of a bagfull of emotions for anyone to want to handle
>solutions
kms,???
>>
>>24359430
That sounds terrible and explains a lot. but keeping on saying that you are a social reject also takes responsibility from you away. back then you were a kid, not now. but maybe you still feel like one
>>24359553
there are a lot of people on the planet and a lot of people have serious problems, no need to be ashamed! open up, not everyone is superficial.
>>
>>24359629
i wish i was one of them atleast i would have a reason to be this sad
>>
>>24359660
maybe you are not aware of the reason. or it is genetic depression, then antidepressants help
>>
>>24359718
ehh been on to many different ones
>>
>>24359430
I really relate. I was 2 feet taller than anyone in kindergarten so they were like another species to me. The feeling was mutual. I was branded a misfit from the beginning, forever cursed to stagnate in anxiety and depression.

20/m

>why
Too anxious to be around anyone. I'm a dropout stoner with an abysmal self image. The only people who relate to me are other sad bastards.

>solution
Dedicate myself to knowledge and music. Happiness is fleeting but knowledge is its own reward, and I don't have to enjoy learning to get something from it. Music is my voice. It totally defines me. When those get old, drugs are a familiar comfort.
>>
>>24357725
>why are you alone?

I'm unattractive and have some mental issues, I don't like dealing with people and love to move with my own pace.
>>
>>24357725
>why are you alone?
Because literally every attractive man willing to date another man is a slut, so it's either date a prostitute or fuck a fat uggo.
>what solutions work?
Death.
>>
>>24359834
pff that's not true. there is space in-between. don't be so judgmental!
>>24359730
there has to be one that works
>>
>why are you alone?
I'm afraid of rejection and afraid of settling.

I don't want to admit what the answer to #2 is.
>>
>>24357752
Pretty much this.
>>
>>24357725
Im not even alone
I have a pretty awesome boyfriend and several close irl friends that would be willing to hang any time i asked

I feel mentally alone
I crave being alone, doing things by myself, but also meeting new people and having randon conversations with strangers. I love talking to new people and getting to know people but it seems like everyone is just looking to fuck or marry (at my age). Im mostly just looking for raw human connection. I just think people are fascinating and i love learning about other people and trying to understand their perspectives.
That being said, im pretty shy and have social anxiety so sometimes it is very hard to do those things and i wind up just having all sorts of unresolved feelings and urges.
I wish i could load up a backpack and just head off into the world and have my own adventures meeting all sorts of people. But i know i would miss tbe family and friends i have now. I dunno anon idfk
>>
>>24360001
>pff that's not true. there is space in-between. don't be so judgmental!
Yet another lying faggot. No. There is not. That space between does not exist. Period.
>>
>>24360286
So then adapt your way of thinking (it's not 1950) or shut up and stay alone. The moment I saw girlfriend (now my ex) of nines years, had just downloaded Kik, I knew it was over... now I know that most people cheat in various ways because technology makes it so easy to... but I get to fuck, so I don't want to be trapped in your mentality.
>>
I'm alone because I'm a shy introvert. My friends from high school have all moved on in life, so I'm stuck feeling isolated and alone.
>>
why are you alone?
everyone left me

what solutions work?
smoke weed, go out and play ssbm, online dating sometimes (usually its terrible)
>>
>>24360417
>it's not 1950
>Life's a party!
>Everyone's doing it!
>You really have no choice!
Kill yourself, you unintelligent pile of meat.
>>
I'm alone because I just broke up with my girl friend of almost 3 years. I was tired of arguing and fighting all the time. We decided after the breakup that we should stay friends. During that time we were better than ever. She still had feelings for me, asked me if I wanted to get back together. I kept saying no but starting slowly falling for her again. Even if it hurt I decided if was best if we didnt talk to each other anymore. I just need some one to talk to at this point. I cant go back to her, for many reasons.
I dont even want a relationship atm, just some one to talk to, like I used to talk to her.
>>
I've been pretty much alone all my life, I mean I have family, a few friends. Had two online girlfriends but one was when I was 16, one when I was 20. Since then not even an online relationship. I'm 29, going back to college to try to go into another career.
>>
>>24360088
Cool. Then you're just wasting the post count by gloating. How about you leave posting in this thread for the loners and the people who want to try help them.
Cunt.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.