[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /soc/. I recently bought this beautiful 1979 Chevy conversion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 20151217_155341.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151217_155341.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Hello /soc/. I recently bought this beautiful 1979 Chevy conversion van. I will be outfitting her with everything needed to be a comfortable to live out of as I travel around the North America continent. However, traveling alone is dangerous and lonely, so I am here today looking for a companion for the greatest adventure of my youth. I expect to spend at least two years on this journey, maybe more. I believe this to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I intend to start my journey in the North East and work my way west. We will definitely travel throughout Canada, it has been a dream of mine to see the Aurora Borealis. Really, we got wherever we want whenever we want. Truly, we will be free.

I plan on leaving in around 6 months, and using that time for the outfitting. It will have one futon that pulls out into a full size bed (maybe a bunk bed, depending on our intimacy). The van will be equipped satellite internet and a desk with at least one desktop computer and television. It will have a fully function kitchen with a small refrigerator, sink, and stove, plenty of shelving and storage of course. There will be a removable table for meals and whatnot. There will be a shower nozzle, but it will be outside attached to the van with a removable curtain. No grey water, have to take a shit the old fashioned way in the wilderness (will have a portable toilet seat stand though). Solar panels will be installed to the roof and a large battery bank for abundant electricity in all situations, and I am considering installing a woodfire furnace for heat in any situation. Bike racks will be attached to the back doors. I post my designs shortly.

Money is no real concern, I am relatively wealthy for my age and will pay for most everything we need to outfit the van and the day to day upkeep on it, I have an income that will generate even while not actively working. It's your personality I am most interested in.

kik: aaronweste

AMA
>>
File: 20160826_173414 edit.jpg (995KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20160826_173414 edit.jpg
995KB, 1944x2592px
My name is Aaron, and I am 21 years old living in South East US. I am 6ft tall and weigh 175lbs (I am not a hipster, this is just my work uniform). I consider myself bisexual, though never really liked labeling sexuality. I tend to be most physically attracted to girls though, but physical attraction isn't as important as what kind of person you are. This doesn't have to be an intimate relationship (though I would prefer it to be one), it would be fine if we were just close friends.

Who I am and the traits I'm looking for in you:
• I am absolutely fascinated by this world. It's so complex and beautiful that I can find interest in almost anything, and I am looking for a similar fascination in you
• You will need to have a great love for the outdoors as we will be visiting many, many national parks, hiking and camping for what I imagine will be thousands of miles over the course of years.
• I have a healthy love for gaming and the internet that don't plan on giving up, you're on 4chan, I already know you do too.
• I am a twitch streamer, and plan on using the gimmick of playing on a mountainside to boost my popularity.
• I am an introvert by nature. I'm not an aspie, I know how to communicate with people and can handle myself, but I really can't stand small talk. Long periods of silence are just fine. Just because I am doesn't mean you necessarily should be. Being extroverted could fit very well with my personality, we'll just have to see
• It would be best if you liked (or are at least open to) hallucinogenic drugs like lsd and mushroom (which I will provide), as I plan on taking them many times throughout the trip.
• I am a spiritual person, and the pursuit of spiritual knowledge is important to me, but I am not religious at all (see drugs above). This is important.
• I'm fairly kinky, but not to the extreme. Would like to explore my sexuality more with you.
• I have a huge love for short haired girls. I always fall in love in the /SHG/ threads
>>
File: 20160915_195720.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_195720.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>24338598
These are the early drafts. Much will probably change, it is roughly to scale
>>
File: 20160915_195731.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_195731.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>24338611
This is with a bunkbed. May be unnecessary
>>
File: 20160915_213848.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_213848.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>24338613
Side view
>>
>>24338598
>conversion van
>room for full size bed, desk, equipped kitchen...
nope.jpg

Bring a laptop and improvise a desktop. Cellular Internet, not satellite. Two people in a full size van, a heater won't be necessary, just heavy blankets. More often, you're going to have the opposite problem. Look for a small after market heat pump.
>>
>>24338627
True that. Im concerned for being north in the winter though, and in an emergency with no fuel and no chance to get resources, might be necessary. You can always find wood to burn. Hopefully it doesnt come to that, just an idea.

The bed will be pull out with slat interlocking. It will be a couch all other times.

I will have cellular data, but I can afford satellite so why not have it as well? Would be nice to have it everywhere.
>>
>>24338648
There aren't significant areas without cellular data. Also, last I checked, satellite internet was downstream only (needs a modem for upstream), relatively slow, and unreliable.
>>
>>24338658
What? Where do you live where you get cellular data most everywhere? I have verizon, and I lose it all the time in the mountains and around them.

This is what I was looking at: http://www.groundcontrol.com/flyaway-mobile.htm
>>
This trip sounds amazing. I'd apply, but it seems like you have your heart set.
>>
>>24338701
What do you mean?
>>
>>24338685
$20k for equipment and $560 a month for 3 gigabytes of data at a decent speed...

I know you say you're well off, but buy an F350 and a fifth wheel trailer if you want to blow that kind of money.
>>
>>24338713
Yeah, youre right, I didnt realize it had a data cap. Ah well.
>>
>>24338707
Male here. Seems you are set for a female to accompany you on your great adventure. Please do post updates, very cool, happy trails anon!
>>
>>24338717
> $20,000+ equipment
> $550+ per month
>data cap is the only thing that discouraged OP.

that feel when a 21 year old kid is more successful than you will ever be in your entire life.. feelsbadman
>>
>>24338598
fuck, OP, you really seem to be quite a cool person. If not for the fact I'm from eu, I could easily consider your offer... except the sex part, you get it I hope.
But have my bump as a wish of good luck to you
>>
>>24338903
Thanks man. Its pretty daunting, but I feel like I have to do something big like this before I'm too old
>>
>>24338598
I wish I could do something like this. Good luck OP
>>
I'm fairly interested.
20, M here. I'm open to all of the things you mention: the outdoors, hiking, psychedelics, gaming. I feel like I need a break from the norm, real adventure at this point. Are you open to straight but bi-curious guy joining you?
>>
>>24338739
to follow up, you wouldn't need the bunk beds if I went :3
>>
File: IMG-20160915-WA0010.jpg (83KB, 359x622px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160915-WA0010.jpg
83KB, 359x622px
If I were in NA I'd sure as hell come with you.
>>
>>24339525
Like I said, I care more about who you are than your body. Maybe youre the one
>>
You may want to look into a generator rather than the solar panels + battery bank. The amount of panels and batteries required to power a computer system and fridge, etc. will easily require several large panels and many car batteries to run solid and recharge rate will take a while. Check out Harbor Freight...they have several cheap generators under $100 (especially when on sale) that you can just carry gasoline which will still be lighter than the panels and relatively cheap in price as well. Plus if you run out of gas in the van tank, you can just refill and on you go.
>>
>>24338598
I've seen the Aurora Borealis before in person. Photos don't do it justice. It's really breathtaking and everyone should go see it.
>>
I'm booked until next May, but I'd love to join you on something like this for at least a little while. You sound a lot like me and fuck, I love traveling.
Not into short haired girls though, so less competition between us for them bitches.
>>
File: Aurora-Borealis-6.jpg (147KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Aurora-Borealis-6.jpg
147KB, 1920x1200px
>>24341841
I plan on using both. Solar panels provide infinite energy in most situations, but take awhile. Generators for when I have easy access to gasoline.

>>24343629
I cannot wait.. may just take a week trip up there beforehand anyway, 6 months is too long

>>24343687
lol
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.