[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tired of being depressed and socially isolated. I spend

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 1473694984771-943416442.jpg (682KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473694984771-943416442.jpg
682KB, 1600x1200px
I'm tired of being depressed and socially isolated. I spend most of the day in bed, with nothing to do, no one to talk to. Please cheer me up just today soc.
>>
>>24325355
go outside.

the suit doesn't make the man, the man makes the suit. if you don't want to be depressed and isolated then don't be. get off your ass and do something about it
>>
>>24325369
Shitty advice, i have spent years doing something about it. Dunno why i expected more from this thread but something tells me it's gonna be like this.
>>
>>24325355
What's making you depressed is the idea you have to be doing something. Just accept that nothing you do has any meaning in anything, that you being alive is just a massive coincidence and that humankind is a shit species in general. I doubt you wasting your life in bed will affect anything in the grand scheme of things, but will you getting a job or whatever really affect anything either?
>>
hi you deperate soul,

idk who you are but i can tell you that there are people who would love to be with you outside, but you can't find Them if u don't search. If u want to talk thats my snapchat: greenvonfliehen

bzw try smoking weed, makes life a lot easier to live
>>
Don't smoke weed, get outside, listen to music, pick up an instrument, if you can't solve your life solve the world
>>
Lmao wtf is this is retarded advice, OP if you were really tired of being a depressed sack of shit you would've done something long ago and not try to attention whore on /soc/, go do something and stop being a 13 year old
>>
>>24325479
While you may be right, just telling him to "do something" will not help. Like you said, if he could just get up and "do something" he wouldn't be such a failure in the first place. Be it laziness, autism, or simply stupidity - he simply hasn't done it for some reason. Personally I would suggest trying to make online friends and going on a long distance hike on the Appalachian Trail. You are practically guaranteed to feel less isolated.
>>
>>24325400
Another shitty advice. I do already accept that, existentialism isn't a choice for me but it does not help at all
>>
>>24325378
Go outside faggot

Thats all there is

Go into the woods and find yourself. Connect with source.

Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>24325569
then wtf just kill yourself already. good job asking for advice retard
>>
>>24325451
>>24325440
Thank you so much. I don't do weed because i fear it might worsen things.
>>24325499
I'm a her
>>24325479
Do you feel better with yourself now or what?
>>
>>24325576
You illiterate fuck i was not asking for advice re-read the post.
>>
>>24325355
Can also skype me :D
>>
>>24325355
how did it start OP? you must have been social and not depressed at one stage, how come you became so? What age did you fall off the normal track?
>>
>>24325585
Thank you anon, could you add me?
Originalnameswerealreadytaken is my account.
>>
>>24325590
I don't know because i can't remember feeling any other way. I've tried pharmacological treatments and therapy. It is not as grave as a severe depression, just a chronic one. I do have better moments every once in a while. And my life isn't specially tragic, just that of a common anon. I could tell you about the traumatic events but what for.
>>
>>24325593
added.
>>
>>24325600
I understand i think, just a jaded with life kinda thing instead of something emotional happening? Did you go to school etc or were you homeschooled? no friends from there?
>>
>>24325614
Yes i went to school but i'm very selective with people and i also didn't have many friends. I remember light bullying episodes.
>>
Waddup bro, I dont post much around here but I'm passing by to wish you good vibes. You can change your life, fucking do it.
>>
>>24325355
You sound like an asshole. Just go to reddit they'll hugbox you since that's what you want
>>
>>24325693
9gag is a real place for him/her.
>>
File: image.jpg (642KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
642KB, 1536x2048px
This young feral cat was in my yard so I feed her, she's just chilling now outback.
>>
sup op. be generous to yourself. practice self care. hope your bed is nice
>>
>>24325682
I feel you suffered from mental illness for 6 years now, have been a shut in for nearly 11 months. Hold on things will get better. I am slowly recovering and I plan to move countries soon. I know it's hard but hold on. A friend I met on here recently killed himself which is terrible as I know he was getting better.
>>
No shit, take a walk, get a little exercise. It releases endorphins which will actually make you feel a little better. Get some some sun, vitamin D will make you feel better as well. This isn't bullshit, this is clinical advice given to me by a psych counselor.
>>
Hey if you wanna talk about it Teamspeak 83.169.12.172 I'm pretty down aswell
>>
>>24326929
That's a nice gesture anon. You did your good deed of the day.
>>
My best friend is a borderliner. She can be pretty abusive some times, but I learned to handle her. This is one of my first replies on 4chan,but if you wanna talk come to the ts channel
>>
What meds or treatments are you on?
>>
Sorry I sound creepy as hell. :( Well I'm drunk :(
>>
>>24326953
Not op here but I'm currently taking 200mg sertaline a day aswell as 180mg of propranolol, sometimes other medications if needed.
>>
>>24326970
Do you feel like the sertraline is helping? I used to take that for my anxiety, but it did fuck all for my depression. I'm on 30mg Duloxetine now and it's fantastic.

Still, meds don't help for shit if you don't have the correct help/therapy.
>>
>>24326980
Yeah it has helped but it takes a while and it's hard to notice, its only when you think about how bad you were to how you are now. Propranolol isn't bad for anxiety if taken correctly
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 573x430px
>>24326970
I take sertraline too mate, 100mg everyday and it's helped me a lot with depression but I'm also living life a lot like OP is. I dropped out of school and became a shut in before the end of senor year because my ex girlfriend of 1 year dumped me. I dropped all of my friends and now I don't go to school or work, I literally stay at home and surf the Internet. I used to skateboard and play basketball, smoke pot with my buddies, now I literally do nothing and I honestly dont care. My mom says I'm wasting my life away at 18 but I could care less. Ik exactly what OP is going thru, best way to ge out of his situation is to get a job and study or get a bunch of hobbies so you're to busy to be depressed.
>>
Anyone tried Abilify? My doc wants me to try it but those side effects...

I'm on Prozac, xanax, and klonapin. None of those seem to really help and I feel my therapy is a joke.
>>
>>24327006
I tried ability and I didn't like it. I tried a lot of meds and sertraline was the best for me and I think a lot of people would agree, what seems to be your problem dude? Describe your depression I'm not a psychiatrist but I could help
>>
>>24327006
If you feel your current meds aren't working it couldn't hurt to try.
>>24327003
You sound very similar to myself and many others who suffer from depression. Loosing your friends due to it is the hardest part, however it's not too late to change, you know what you need to do and luckily your at the right age to do it. It sucks it's hard but you need to. This illness you suffer from is the second biggest killer and it isn't to be taken lightly. We are all in this together!
>>
I don't know what your problem is or might be but you gotta go out there to get what you want. If you feel socially isolated try going online and making friends. Look for a group of people or person who has the same interest/s or talk about what they like once you find out what they like. There are many ways to meet people online and offline. Walk around. Maybe there is a group or club you can join :)
>>
OP I read all your posts and holy shit if that doesn't sound just like me! It's probably stupid but feeling like someone out there can relate is a little bit comforting so thanks for that.
>>
>>24327006
Abilify just made me drowsy as fuck. Didn't do anything to help my mood, it just made me lie in bed and sulk more actually.
>>
Thank all of you who come with good intentions. I'm taking note of some advice, it's comforting to know some of you understand
>>
>>24325355
BE YOURSELF
>>
>>24327085
If you want to talk leave your kik
>>
>>24325355
It gets better, one day will change your life, just hold out for it.
>>
>>24326980
>>24327003
Lol Sertraline made me pass out, like no joke every single day. xD
I was pretty psyched to have a super rare side effect but it fucked with my heart, made everything soo much worse!
>>
>>24327290
Only side effect sertraline gave me was that I couldn't cum >.>
>>
>>24327313
Yours seem like a better deal ngl
>>
>>24327330
Fair enough, it didn't fuck with my health, and at the time I was cybering with this cutie online which was pretty hot. She used to tease the fuck out of me because I couldn't finish.

I actually stopped taking my meds at that time, she made me legit happy when we talked and hung out online. Unfortunately that worked both ways and when I found out she wasn't the only guy that she said she loved, I pretty much hit rock bottom and made my first suicide attempt in like my 14 years of struggling with depression. Probably should not have quit my meds in hindsight.
>>
>>24325355
Get a fucking job and stop letting your parents coddle you, kiddo.
>>
>>24327351
First suicide attempt in 14 years ...Ominous
That sucks man, i had a similar thing. Online legit happy can be rly crappy. Hindsight's a bitch!
>>
>>24325355
If pic is you, you have beautiful lips and a cute jawline :)
>>
>>24325355
use people and treat em like trash.
know why you do it.
take advantage of life.
speak to girls. dont faggot out like a fag you are. change. change you fuck.
workout is a plus but i guess youre too much of a faggot for that at this point, do it later.
go out and notice daily routines and understand why youre better from the ones that you notice being less of you.
understand your superiority - if it exists - at the point it does.
repeat the shit i state above.
profit. fuckin fag
>>
>>24326980
On 60 mg Duloxetine here. Helps on depression/anxiety, but makes things kind of all grey. Causes performance issues too, but wth not like I am out dating anyone anyways.
>>
>>24325355
Hey OP, if you're still around and want someone to chat to, hit me up on kik.
My kik is dkwol123
>>
>>24325575
>connect with source maaaaaaan
Fucking hippies

>>24325355
Nice dubs op
Don't deny your introverted nature, just try and find those who share your thoughts and feelings. Find them through the internet, connect with them in your area
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.