[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating Profile Rate/General Advice Thread I have a hard tim

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: suicide-bomber.jpg (30KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-bomber.jpg
30KB, 615x409px
Dating Profile Rate/General Advice Thread

I have a hard time meeting other people, in particular women. I'm only interested in friends with whom I share at least one or two common interests.

Online dating has been difficult as of late. Back in 2010, when I first discovered OkCupid, it wasn't popular. Most of the women were unique, quirky or otherwise possessed a personality trait that hindered their search for romantic companionship.

Now everyone with two X chromosomes has joined the website. Most of them are SJW's. I'm more of a second wave feminist with libertarian political beliefs. I also prefer to message back and forth with potential partners for a few days, maybe a week, before we meet. The latter was more acceptable six years ago when users were suspicious of each other. Memories of the Craigslist Killer were fresh. I don't want to waste my time with someone who isn't right for me. Hence, I prefer detailed messages and possibly emailing to make sure I'm comfortable with the other person.

Here's my profile: https://www.okcupid.com/profile/SgtTecCom

What should I do to improve my chances of meeting a women who isn't an aspiring housewife or Kathleen Hanna wannabe? Also, where should a 27 year old go to meet women offline besides bars?
>>
>>24290971
I have a similar problem, I'm also just looking for friends on OKC but all the women there either want the love of their life or just a quick hookup, no friends (despite tagging it).

But you made interesting experiences, quite different from mine, when it comes to women on OKC now.
Most girls there want to chat for weeks first before meeting, while I prefer to meet them pretty early on to see if we click or not.

From all the dates I had with girls off OKC pretty much all but a few turned out to be single for a reason, which is why I dropped that idea and am just looking for friends now.

But every woman you message will think you only want to get your dick wet, that goes for every social site/app, not only OKC.

Are you purely looking for a friendship or also with the possibility of more? Are you working or studying? City or countryside?
>>
>>24290971
Your profile is pretty good, in that it's well thought out and has information about what you enjoy. I'd also put some lighter stuff on there, you know? Put some dumb shit you like talking about, what you do for fun that isn't dangerous.

Urban exploring, and... what. Hiking? Binging on shitty TV shows? It just sounds like you'd be rather deep to hang out with, which is fine if that's how you are all the time. But if you have lazy, fun guy moments, give a glimpse of that, cause that's more attractive sometimes than even the most well-spoken busy-body.

Plus your pictures aren't great. Get a close up of you out with your friends, having fun. The other two are cool, but your close up is really close at a laundry room...

I met my man on POF and we've been together for 3 years, so. I also hate meeting up before we've talked for a few weeks, so I know that struggle. It took me like 8 months to find someone i clicked with, and a lot of weird dates before that happened, so don't lose hope.
>>
>>24291103
>>24290971

To answer your other questions, a lot of women present more aggressively feminist on internet dating sites than they are in person because it weeds out the dudes who threaten to rape you if you don't find them interesting. I always put "feminist" in the description, just because it gets the whole conversation out of the way before it ever happens. If a dude messages me and says "You'd get a lot more hits if "feminist" wasn't in your description," i know right off the bat we probs won't be buddies. Saves us both time.

As for meeting people outside of bars, go do things you like, and hope that ladies are there. I wouldn't suggest picking up interests that are female-dominant in order to pick up women, because you're gonna end up meeting women with different interests than you. Just get more involved in your hobbies, make sure you look and smell nice when you go, and make friends.

Hope that helps somewhat :)
>>
>>24291020
I live in a major city. I'm aiming for a girlfriend. I work, in addition to my creative side projects.

>>24291103
>>24291122
Thank you for the advice. I only added the laundry room selfie because there are no pictures of me smiling. I'll try to take some photos of myself next time I'm with people.

As for other hobbies...I watch pro-wrestling, pull pranks, walk to the beach and watch the lake.

I don't have a television anymore, but I used to watch Alaskan Bush People, Moonshiners and Billy The Exterminator.

That's a good point about including feminism in the profile.
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/Traveler1295
>>
File: IMG_44982211044813.jpg (38KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_44982211044813.jpg
38KB, 480x640px
http://tinder.com/@thatweirdguychase

I just wanna chat with a girl over coffee or drinks, but it seems even that bar is too high. After some marginal success a few months ago, my matches have slowed to a crawl. Gotten one match in the past month that wasn't a bot, and the convo fell off after one night. Got the sense she was drunk Tindering.
>>
>>24292985
You give too much of a fuck.
Go in it like you don't want matches, talk to them like you couldn't give less of a fuck about them.

Two sentences and one picture and I get mild mannered, quiet, bland and boring dude.
No offense, but you gotta let go and stop wanting it, it'll come.
>>
>>24292985
Have to be fun and more playful is my advice
>>
>>24292996
Any way of expressing that I want to be more adventurous and getting out and party? I hate being a shut in.
>>
If you go out in the World and do things you like or maybe try something different, I.e. go to an artist's showing or an open mike night, volunteerin a soup kitchen, you increase your odds of meeting someone. (I do volunteer work each week, an I hooked up with other volunteers).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.