[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/ Let's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 65

File: 16Personalities.jpg (102KB, 736x1303px) Image search: [Google]
16Personalities.jpg
102KB, 736x1303px
Take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/

Let's see what you are, /soc/!

Also post your A/S/L
>>
File: memememememe.png (89KB, 1263x779px) Image search: [Google]
memememememe.png
89KB, 1263x779px
18 / M / UK(Liverpool)

I seem to change between INTJ and INTP depending on the day.
>>
>>24216756
>https://www.16personalities.com/

I got INFJ-A, but I am a hardcore INTJ from decades of tests. Whatever.

older than you are/more female than you are/in a bigger city than you are
>>
27M/Prague
INFJ :)
>>
Got INFP -T lol kill me
21/F/vancouver
>>
File: all necessary info about me.jpg (29KB, 321x349px) Image search: [Google]
all necessary info about me.jpg
29KB, 321x349px
19/m/usa
>>
File: lit2.png (90KB, 1085x670px) Image search: [Google]
lit2.png
90KB, 1085x670px
Welp, looks like I'm not an INTJ masterrace.
>>
>>24216894

Am 22/M/Canada
>>
21/ M / Quebec

I have done several versions of this test over the years , for accuracy, and I have received ESFP several times as well as ISFP

But after the past year I've come to terms with the concept that who I think i am is actually quite disproportionate to who I really am.
After spending the past year talking to friends and family about how they view me vs how I act/view myself I now have a more accurate picture and have been getting INTP every single time.

Not sure if more in touch with myself or somehow skewing my own results. Hmm.
>>
>>24216887
You're very heavily prospecting, rather than judging. So basically you're very flexible and just go with the flow instead of planning stuff out, right?
>>
>>24216894
>100% introverted

Yikes! What does that even look like in real life? What's your social life like?

Also why is INTJ seen as masterrace? I'm INTJ, and I certainly feel like I'd like to be different haha
>>
>>24216943
I've also wondered about this. Any tests like this must be inherently inaccurate because people find it so hard to be truly objective about themselves(by definition, it's subjective!).
>>
>>24216871
>lol kill me
What's wrong with INFP? It seems like one of the best personalities to have imo
>>
File: 1405495860810.jpg (38KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
1405495860810.jpg
38KB, 256x320px
ENTP master race
>>
>>24216756
23/F/Europe

INTJ
>>
>>24216894
>>24216900
Mature INFPs are the best thing on earth.
>>
ENFP
Also arnt these tests not really indicative of anything
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%E2%80%93Briggs_Type_Indicator#Criticism

3rd WTF is a shadow function
>>
20/M/UK

ENTP

Lets argue motherfuckers
>>
I switch between infp and intp
18/f/us
infp seems to be super common here
>>
>>24216756
18/m/USA

Fun personality
>>
>>24217012
Thanks for the link, interesting read
>>
i remember these threads from years ago. i guess they didnt have the shitty art back then

intp/pisces masterrace. who wants to do my astrological charts
>>
>>24217012
It's naive to think all people can be split up into 16 different personalities, because we're simply more complicated than that. If there were only 16 personality types, then how come out of the thousands of people I've met, I've never met two identical people? Despite this it's still fun and scratches a narcissistic itch everyone has.
>>
>>24217041
>infp seems to be super common here
I was thinking the same thing. It's only supposed to be 4% of people.

There's also 3 INTJ's, yet that's only supposed to be 0.8% of people. Either it's coincidence or /soc/ attracts certain types of people.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-19-00-50-28.png (61KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-19-00-50-28.png
61KB, 480x800px
Scary accurate... back in HS my teachers would always call me "kverrulant" (Norwegian word for person who won't fucking stop debating everything )
>>
>>24216959

INTJ masterrace is just a meme lol. It's just that a lot of people who are INTJ are intelligent so they say they are the masterrace.

I don't have much of a social life, if at all. I'm crippled by anxiety. When I go outside, I'm afraid people will look at me and judge me. I can barely hold a normal conversation in a public place desu. I'm mostly fine if I'm only with one other person I can trust in private, but otherwise it's just disastrous. If I'm in public or with multiple people I just freeze and get very anxious, I can't think of anything, outside of the fear of people looking at me weird or excluding me. Usually, if I'm with multiple people I get excluded from conversations systematically, because it overwhelms me. When multiple people talk, especially on complex topics, I just shut down ; I can't assimilate anything they're trying to say, it's difficult for me to follow the flow of the conversation. I can't even begin to think of what to say myself, so I gradually get forgotten during the conversation, and, ergo, excluded. And even if I manage to find something to say, I find it so long after the topic has already been discussed, that I look like an insane person who's bringing stuff from an hour ago, without having followed what has been said since. If you ask me a question in public, even if it's simple like the time or my name, it might take me 5 minutes to answer : 3 to get over my anxiety that the fact that someone asks something out of me, and then 2 or so to figure what my name is, or my age. It's honestly terrible, but I'm not sure whether it's because of introversion, or anxiety, or both... I'm even shy before my parents and I can barely even meet the rest of my family without a panic attack lol.
>>
>>24216999

Why do you say that lol?
>>
>>24217093
Haha people always said the same about me. I was always "argumentative" and "wouldn't let anything go"
>>
I S F J B O I S
>>
File: Screenshot_20160818-185422~2.png (105KB, 1080x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160818-185422~2.png
105KB, 1080x1043px
>>24216943
Realized I never posted my stats!
>>
>>24217108
I've met a few and they all were highly intelligent, empathetic, sensitive, funny to be around and kind. And I really like introverted people (being an introvert myself).
They could be a bit tiring at times, but it is such an amazing experience to have one in your life.

You're great. If you manage to handle your emotions well, you'll do amazing things.
>>
>>24216975
Well, it's the type that has the least annual average income, is the least likely to get married, and is the most likely to commit suicide. So it kinda sucks. The successful ones can change the world though.

>>24217041
tfw no INFP gf
>>
>>24217102
I'm 73% introverted and you sound a LOT like me but a bit worse. Have you ever thought about medication? You definitely have some form of anxiety disorder. I guess I just try and remind myself that people really don't care about you/me as much as they do about themselves. Anxiety is so frustrating because it is a problem caused by itself and it feeds itself; you get anxious about whether you seem anxious.
>>
>>24217144
>has the least annual average income, is the least likely to get married, and is the most likely to commit suicide
Where are you getting all of those statistics from?

I wouldn't have guessed those stats about INFPs. Maybe because you're such idealists the bad side of reality can be especially harsh when encountered? Just a thought.
>>
25/m/fl

MEDIATOR (INFP-A)
>>
>>24216949
Correct! I'm among the least committal people I know
>>
>>24217128

Thanks. However, I've never heard someone say introverts are tiring ; usually, people think the opposite : that it's extroverts who are most tiring to be around with. But, I guess introverts can be a bit boring if that's what you mean. Indeed, most of the time I'm just alone or worried/anxious about what people think of me or if I did anything wrong to someone, whereas most of my friends prefer to hand out in public in numerous groups and don't really over-think all that much. These sort of activities exhaust me and make me anxious more than anything, though. I don't like being around too many people, otherwise I just shut down. However, I really enjoy being one on one in private with someone else. It's more interesting, I feel, to get to know someone and get to discuss things in more details/profoundly and create a relation than just partying with a lot of people. That's maybe why people think introverts are mostly boring, though, it's fine, to each his own.

Thanks again, I'm sure you'll do amazing things too.
>>
>>24217146

I have thought about medication, because anxiety affects not only my social life, but also my grades, since sometimes in class I just can't listen to what the teach is saying. After 5 minutes, I just completely lose track and think about stuff in my head instead. It's insanely hard for me to concentrate ; and if the subjects gets too complex (not difficult, but if there are lots of data or variable) I am completely unable to comprehend anything, while, others seem fine with it. When the professor asks a question, others can answer before I even had the chance to understand the question. Also, anxiety somewhat prevents me from doing homework/exercises in class or in public since I'm more concerned about hiding what I'm doing from others, than actually doing the thing I need to do. I'm so afraid I won't understand a question or a problem, and that someone will see I don't understand it, that I won't even do the work at all in public. For me to be able to do anything, I need to be perfectly alone in private ; and, even then, it's hard to motivate myself to do it, even if I really like the course and the subject. Same thing happens during exams, BTW. If there's a long or difficult question, I'm so afraid that I might be struggling on that problem and that someone will see that, that I just skip the problem entirely and don't devote the time needed to do it.

The thing about medication though, is that I have to see someone to get it, and I'm too anxious to do that. And even if I got it, I couldn't take it, because my parents would know, and I don't want that. The anxiety loop, I guess.
>>
>>24217189
I am an INTJ.
INFPs have a range of emotions that I can't even understand, and it gets tiring for me, in a way, to constantly have to deal with their feelings. I often get confused and rarely get what they're even talking about, when it comes to emotions. They also have a very "fast" mind, while I am a bit more slow, I want to figure things out, I want to find a plan, I want to understand.
That aspect is tiring. But also the most magical thing ever, really transcendental in a way. The huge difference between me and them creates something so fucking sexy intellectually.
Introversion is a great trait for me. Introverts are the only people I can really be myself with. No stress, no pressure. I really enjoy relationships with introverts.
>>
>>24217189
>I really enjoy being one on one in private with someone else. It's more interesting, I feel, to get to know someone and get to discuss things in more details/profoundly and create a relation than just partying with a lot of people
That's a great description of why introverts are introverted. I think people who are too extroverted are even more boring than people who are too introverted. I find people and relationships interesting, so relationships based around partying just seem very shallow and unrewarding.

I just don't see how you can truly connect with someone when partying, and I guess that's why I'm introverted.
>>
>>24217233
>They also have a very "fast" mind, while I am a bit more slow, I want to figure things out, I want to find a plan, I want to understand.

INTJ here as well and I can totally relate to this. Most people consider me to be very intelligent, but I've always felt mentally slower than the majority. I think you've just hit the nail on the head as to why I'm like that; I require a greater understanding than most people before I act.
>>
>>24217227
You could be describing me right now and it's kinda scary haha. I totally understand all of those little quirks you've just detailed. I've also thought about medication, but have been putting off mentioning it to my parents and going to the doctor.

Is there a specific reason you don't want your parents to know? For me it's just that it would require opening up to them at least somewhat, which I never do. I can't even tell them what music I like listening to so talking about something so personal seems crazy scary.
>>
File: The wiener personality.jpg (131KB, 1140x768px) Image search: [Google]
The wiener personality.jpg
131KB, 1140x768px
>>24216894
My 100% introverted INFP brother!

28/F/US

I feel like it would be interesting if everyone also posted hobbies as well. It would be fun to see just what kinds of similarities people of a certain personality type have when it comes to this.
I feel like it's not a shocker with mine. Drawing, gardening, cooking, crafting, video games and I spend a lot of time daydreaming even though that might not be considered a hobby.
>>
>>24217233
>>24217250

Haha, this makes sense, and I can perfectly understand why you'd think that. Emotions can be tiring.

Although, to be honest, while I do think of a lot of things quickly, I also you feel like you, in the sense that sometime I need time to understand and figure things out. I don't know if I make much sense here, but it mostly depends on the amount of thing I'm doing. To me, sometimes the majority feel to slow compared to how I think, and, at other times, they seem way too fast. There's no meeting point. It's one way or the other. I feel that regardless of the difficulty of the topic, if the subject has few variables or data, or if the point are seen ''bite size'' one by one, it's very easy for me to understand, but if you show everything all at once, I'm just done, and can't follow at all. If there's too much, I get overwhelmed and can't concentrate, but other people seem perfectly fine.

Although, the part about having a plan I just can't relate, at all. I never have the patience to make a plan, I can't concentrate on making one. Most of the time, I can barely motivate myself to do the stuff I need, so I just make up a plan as I'm doing the work. Usually turns out alright.
>>
>>24217279

Yes, I feel exactly the same. I don't know why, but I just cannot open up to any family members, regardless of who they are. There's no real reason, they're really good people. I just can't do it. I'm anxious before my parents, and I can't explain why. It's the same all family members.

It feels the same, I can only talk about myself to someone I really trust and who I can feel won't judge me, at all. My parents don't know what music I like (no one does, though, because it's too out there), they barely know what interests I have, who are my friends, etc. They only know my grades and that's pretty much it. I sound like a horrible person when I think of it like that, though, but it's so difficult for me to just even think about telling them those things.
>>
File: campaigner.png (37KB, 522x528px) Image search: [Google]
campaigner.png
37KB, 522x528px
>>
>>24217302

My 100% introverted sister :)

For my hobbies, I like listening to music (or the radio), playing video games, reading literature or academic literature or manuals (mainly on history or mathematics), and I also like philosophy. I guess daydreaming as well, but that shouldn't be a surprise.

Just out of curiosity, though, what do you craft?
>>
File: 1422149526277.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1422149526277.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>24217362
19/f
>>
>>
>>24217250
I have a very weird cognitive process.
I want to have a deep, complete understanding of things, to evaluate all the variables, to see things from every point of view. Once I get there, I often come to great, sudden realisations and I can feel those "moments of genius".
But it's a weird process.
I am very structured. I feel a strong need to categorise and have a sort of order in things.
I have... little boxes in my head. Things need to fit in. Once they fit in, I know where they are and I can use that knowledge easily. But I need to analyse, metabolise, spend time reflecting on them before they have their place in my brain.
For example it often happens to me to have a very interesting conversation, or to learn something cool, and come to a deep, sudden realisation about it days later.
I feel really "stuck" inside my brain sometimes.
>>
>>24217320
>if you show everything all at once, I'm just done, and can't follow at all. If there's too much, I get overwhelmed and can't concentrate, but other people seem perfectly fine.

I'm the exact same in that I need to break stuff down into smaller pieces to understand, but if I were in a class with you, you wouldn't realise I was going through the exact same thing as you. Maybe you just think everyone around you isn't struggling, when in reality they're just hiding it. If your grades are dropping off maybe it's because the others in the class go away and dedicate time to understanding what they were just told, not that they never struggled with it.

>>24217332
Can you honestly see yourself improving without getting outside help? I think anxiety is just something that gets worse and worse when you ignore it. It sounds like your problems are debilitating and that they are only going to get worse unless you take action. I don't think you have an option, really.

There's two paths you can take now - the one where you get help and the one where you don't. Try to be as objective as possible and tell me which one you think will make you happier 6 months down the line. It seems like a no-brainer from here. It sounds like you'll be much better off if you just bite the bullet right now and talk to your parents. The alternative doesn't sound pleasant at all.
>>
ISFP
21/M/usa

reading what they say about the type, its pretty damn close in some aspects. But others...

>>24216943
just me and you buddy
>>
>>24217414
Do you find this need to understand things so thoroughly can also make you indecisive and avoid learning new things?

I find decisions hard to make because there's often far too many variables to factor in before I can be sure I've made the right decision. For example, how do you expect me to vote for a politician if I don't understand every one of their policies perfectly and the pros and cons of each of their positions? It's literally impossible for me to whether I have voted for the right person, so I just don't vote.

In a similar vein, this is also why I find myself avoiding learning about anything because I have to put so much more effort in to be satisfied that I understand it properly.

But like you said, it's great when I do get to that level of "deep, complete understanding of things". It's then that I truly excel and get amazing results.
>>
INFP-T

27/F/US
>>
>>24217422

It doesn't seem like people struggle like me. I mean, most people are able to focus and listen to the professor, while it's hard for me to try to concentrate while dealing with anxiety. Well, my grades didn't drop off because other people left, that I can be sure of, it's just on me. Like, the others seem to do fine, most people don't drop, and the average and median of my classes indicate that I'm mostly the ones with the poor grades.

There's only two subjects I've struggled with, DESU : the first one is mathematics and the second one, which is what I'm studying right now, law.

I really enjoy doing mathematics, but I can't understand it when a professor explains it. I just cannot comprehend or concentrate, or even mentally represent the concepts in my head. When I look at a problem in class, I cannot do it, both because of anxiety, but also because I mentally just cannot. When I'm alone, with a book that explains it, it's much better, but it's still difficult to concentrate at times. Also, I, for some reason, have absolutely no spatial awareness and cannot represent myself things geometrically in my head - for instance, I have immense difficulty trying to park a car.

The thing though is not that I simply don't ''understand'' the topic when alone. I do. I just can't represent to myself that knowledge easily or apply it to a problem that's too complex. It's hard to express.

As for law, part of it is do to anxiety, and part of it is because I really dislike the subject, and have zero motivation to study it or actively pursue a career in it, though, at this point it's a bit to late. I just wished I could have studied something else. I literally have no talent for memorizing thousands of articles, and even less so for speaking in public to people, which is a huge part of the work of anyone doing law. On top of that, I find the subject immensely uninteresting and completely unfulfilling. But that's life I guess.
>>
>>24217422

cont. Finally, I don't think I'll be improving without outside help. In fact, I'm pretty much certain I won't. But at this point I feel that it's already too late, because I'm so anxious, I don't even think I could fix it or seek help ; and the effects of anxiety have already pretty much decided things. For instance, I'm already stuck doing something I highly dislike. Even, if I seek help, it won't help me there.

Objectively, you're probably right, it would make me feel better, but, even so, it's almost impossible for me to do it.
>>
>>24217489

I feel a lot like you when I make decisions. I need to be certain everything is understood and perfect, otherwise I just cannot act. But I feel, for me, it might be less because of ''understanding'', and more about lack of confidence. I'm always stressed when I have to make a decision, and it makes me anxious to think that I could act wrongly. If there's not someone to approve of my decision, I feel terrible and start to panic. I need to be able to rely on outside input to be certain I'm making a decent decision or am acting correctly, even if I know I am acting correctly. If this makes any sense, even if I know I am correct, I need to ''feel'' like I am through outside help. If I don't have this outside input, I get anxious about the decision I make way more than other people would. For instance, I panic about whether or not I locked my locker a good hour after I did, or I can get anxious about an exam I did up to a month after I did it, and, if the grade is bad, I feel like complete trash for a longtime afterwards (months, sometimes longer).
>>
>>24217637
>have absolutely no spatial awareness and cannot represent myself things geometrically in my head

Yeah, you see that's what I'm naturally quite good at and the reason I'm good at things like mathematics and physics. Your difficulty here just sounds like it might be the way you are.

> As for law, part of it is do to anxiety, and part of it is because I really dislike the subject, and have zero motivation to study it or actively pursue a career in it, though, at this point it's a bit to late

I'm in a similar situation in that I'm studying maths and physics, but I'm not really convinced I enjoy it. I'm starting to think I'd prefer something like psychology more. But as you said, it seems a bit too late now.

Why did you decide to study law? I'm at least naturally quite good at maths/physics, but you're saying you are neither good at or interested in law.

>>24217655
>I feel that it's already too late

It's not too late until you're dead. You're 22. How many men in their 40s do you think are stuck in a job they hate and wish they could go back to 22 and change everything? Don't be one of those guys. If you act now you've caught it early.

>>24217686
I get you man, you're just too harsh on yourself. Is there any way you can get a therapist to talk to about your problems? I'm not sure what it's like in Canada but in the UK you can get a therapist for free. There's nothing worse than being stuck in your own head.
>>
>>24217715

The problem though, is that a lot of things require that capacity, including law to some extent, it's an essential component of being able to reason ; and everyone seems to have it, just not me. That's why I feel so bizarre in classes, and so different. If I can get my hands on a piece of paper and draw the problems, usually it's better, but otherwise, it's a disaster. On top of that, I have difficulty concentrating, even doing things I enjoy. For instance, I always study last minute, and do my papers last minute (I have to take breaks every 15 minutes, otherwise I just cannot do it). This doesn't just affect my skills in mathematics, but pretty much every science, or subject.

Well, part of the reason I decided to study it is because I didn't know what it was and because my parents insisted strongly that I study it. So I did. There's not much to it than that. I'm much more interested in philosophy or economy, than law. I even really enjoy mathematics and physic, even though I'm not that good at it. I really just wished I could either not have chosen to study law or could give up on it completely. But it seems to late for that since I have bad grades in law (so I can't switch), and I've gone to far (I have a masters since it's pretty much the only way I'll find a half-decent job even if I hate it). I understand you're saying I'm still young, but how is it not too late? I probably don't even have the requirements now for most other programs, I have poor grades, and it's hard to justify to an university that you'll switch programs after doing a masters.

I could talk to a therapist (in my university) provided I pay a small fee, it's nearly free though. But I can't do much more. Even that, I'm afraid to do it, even if I would like too.

Have you tried taking classes in psychology or doing a minor in it to see if you enjoy it?
>>
>>24217773
>I feel so bizarre in classes, and so different
The thing is I can't tell you whether you feel that way because you are different or if it's just your anxiety fucking with your perception of yourself. That's why you really need to speak with someone like a therapist. There's literally people on the same campus as you who are there to help students with problems just like yours. That is their sole job. Go and talk to them. Yeah, you might feel shitty initially because of your anxiety but I can assure you any therapist has dealt with people with anxiety disorders countless times. You aren't some freak to them and they just want to help.

It might not be easy to change your academic trajectory right now, but it isn't impossible and it sounds like your future self would thank you for doing it. There are alcoholics and drug addicts who turn their lives around in their 30s and 40s, so you can certainly do it at 22.

Just stop ignoring your problems. You said yourself that you always study last minute, that's because you're a procrastinator(so am I). Just don't procrastinate your life away.

Do you have kik or anything?
>>
>>24217773
>Have you tried taking classes in psychology or doing a minor in it to see if you enjoy it?
Oh, and no I haven't. It's literally just the past week or so that I've started to think about it, so I plan on looking into it more over the next few weeks.
>>
>>24217838

Well, I can't say for sure either, but it strongly feels that it's not because of my anxiety, because I've always had those problems to some degree, even when my anxiety was less paralyzing and more ''normal''.

Yes, I'd truly enjoy changing my academic trajectory ; but, it does feel almost impossible. I don't even know how I would go about doing it, regardless of anxiety issues.

I don't want to procrastinate my life away ; but I can't study unless it's last minute. I don't know if I'm just extremely lazy, but even if I set time aside to study, I can't actually study. I can't concentrate, unless I'm extremely stressed and pressed by time and fear. It's the same for everything, be it what I like doing or what I don't like doing. I can't concentrate to study unless it's last minute and it's always been that. I might take the book a week before, but I won't be able to read more than a page of it unless I'm forced. I might try seeing a therapist if I can muster up the courage to do it, and I understand that their job is to help me ; but my anxiety is completely irrational, and I know that.

And no I don't a kik, or any social media platform. I don't even have a smartphone lol.
>>
File: mbti.jpg (132KB, 1207x817px) Image search: [Google]
mbti.jpg
132KB, 1207x817px
Idk, those tests usually don't give an accurate analysis, might look totally different with slightly changed questions for me
>>
21/M/Texas

INFJ-A; have been for a good number of years, which makes me glad seeing as so many people typically undergo a change in aspects of their character over the years.
>>
>>24217838

Another thing about how I feel, is that, even if I'm not anxious ; if I'm alone, I feel like I still have these issues or at some of these issues. For instance, I often forget words or huge portions of phrases when I'm typing or writing, even if I'm not anxious. I think of them, I'm just not typing or write them for some reason.
>>
>>24217061
This. People can very easily express aspects of numerous personality types at a given time; humans are incredibly complicated and can't be boiled down to 16 measly types indicated by one rather simple test. I believe the MBTI is just meant to be something you find relatable, as it -should- represent some of your core characteristics.

It's basically a generalization of something far more complex than it appears, and most don't realize that fact.
>>
29/m/Quebec
INTJ-A
>>
>>24217890
>>24217905
Have you ever wondered if you might have ADD? I'm starting to suspect I may have it, and it'd explain why I procrastinate so badly. Go and look at a symptoms list for ADD and see if any of it sounds familiar.

Either way you clearly have mental issues which need to be dealt with by a professional. Also stop questioning whether you can muster going to see a therapist; you absolutely can. You have no problem opening up to a stranger on /soc/, so you can do it with a therapist. You just have to make that first step of contact with a therapist and the rest will be easier. Hell, you could even write up all of this shit in a letter or email and send/give it to them. However you do it, you need to communicate to someone in real life what you're going through.

This isn't something you can do alone.

I have to get some sleep now as it's 03:25am here, but can you please please get some help. I know you'll want to just forget about all of this by tomorrow morning, but please don't. Don't look back on this years down the line with regret that you should have took action. Like holy shit man, this is your life so go out and live it how you want to. Don't let anxiety guide you through life.

Maybe you'll decide you don't want to stop doing law. Maybe everything will start falling into place once you go on some anxiety medication or simply start taking steps to control, and ultimately conquer, your anxiety. This is all stuff you need to figure out with some help, whether that help is therapy and/or medication. But something needs to change, you said it yourself.
>>
>>24218003

I don't know if I have ADD, and have never wondered about it. I have most symptoms and I have a poor working memory, but that's based on a quick look on the Internet, so it's probably not very accurate ; moreover, most of the symptoms overlap with others things like anxiety issues. So I don't know, I don't think I do ; by now, if I had it, someone would have seen I had it.

Talking to someone on /soc/ is much different. I'm anonymous, and I don't have people looking at me. Literally, the probably worst part of seeing a therapist would be that other people would see me going to see one.

Thanks for the advice, though. I'll thinking about getting help.
>>
File: 1464453507136.jpg (54KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
1464453507136.jpg
54KB, 500x580px
INTJ
23/f/US
>>
INTP
oh mur guerd
>>
File: 16personalitiesev.png (147KB, 1351x783px) Image search: [Google]
16personalitiesev.png
147KB, 1351x783px
27/M/Wisconsin

yo
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-18-20-10-10.png (349KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-18-20-10-10.png
349KB, 1440x2560px
19/M/WA
>>
ISTJ-A

22/M/FL
>>
E/I-NFP !

21/f/canada
>>
>>24218200

What's E/I? You alternate between both?
>>
>>24218200
here's mine right now
>>
>>24218210
Yeah, I'm not usually more than a 10% difference. It just really depends on how i'm feeling lately. I'm an ambivert. (been feeling extra good lately, so my extrovertness is the highest i've seen it)
>>
>>24216756
I go the mediator

I remember when I was the debater.

Pitty me
>>
>>24218234

Welcome to the INFP club.
>>24216894
>>
File: personalitytest.png (102KB, 1088x753px) Image search: [Google]
personalitytest.png
102KB, 1088x753px
26 / M / OH
>>
File: ES.ESTPa.png (96KB, 1122x685px) Image search: [Google]
ES.ESTPa.png
96KB, 1122x685px
These things always flip-flop around with me.

I always get either intj or entj... with this one, however, which have I never taken before, I got estp...

what does it mean?

am I ayyylmao?
>>
18 / M / NY (607)

ENTP apparently
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (69KB, 1028x930px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
69KB, 1028x930px
ENTP
18/ger/M
we could probably argue over if my personality is the best or not but I would probably win ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>24216986
>>24217025
>>24217093
Nice
>>24216894
>>24217102
Holy shit man, Im sorry you have to live like that, I hope you will get over your fears one day, theyre only holding you back! :)
>>24217012
I didnt knew anybody was taking these tests seriously. They normally get a few things about my personality right though and thats what makes them so fun. I would never see them as empirical and might act after them though.
>>
>>24216756
INTP-J
26/M/Fort Worth, TX
>>
File: 20160819_180641.jpg (5MB, 2696x1747px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_180641.jpg
5MB, 2696x1747px
>>24216894
>>24217302
>>24217181
I'm 18 and a male from the Netherlands, I might be a bit introvert I still have alot of friends.

someane suggested posting hobbies as well, I play the piano, videogames , sit on the internet alot and I hang around with friends alot and that is pretty much my only way of passing time
>>
File: Derp.jpg (119KB, 1056x765px) Image search: [Google]
Derp.jpg
119KB, 1056x765px
>>
File: huh.jpg (24KB, 338x343px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
24KB, 338x343px
This isn't entirely surprising. I used to be an INTJ, but the past few years actually working for a living have changed a lot of my view-points.

I don't think this is very accurate though.

22/m/Massachusetts/soon to be Oklahoma.
>>
File: ME yeeahh.png (82KB, 1119x624px) Image search: [Google]
ME yeeahh.png
82KB, 1119x624px
18/M/USA(SoCal)
>>
ENFP-T master race
30 / M / LouKy

I've been getting ENFP for a decade, but this site adds the -A and -T to the end. Hmm.
>>
>>24216756
I always take these with a pinch of salt, but at least I'm consistent. I typically score as INFP, occasionally as INFJ.

32/m/Canada
>>
ENFP, but I turn in to ENTJ when I'm busy with work.

25/m/usa
>>
>>24216975
INFP. 32 and not dead, employed with a decent income, and engaged. But yea, I was a pretty bookish sensitive teenager.

>>24216999
aw shucks.

>>24217233
I wouldn't say I'm emotional though.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 1363x655px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 1363x655px
INTP-T
>>
File: Personality.png (19KB, 309x334px) Image search: [Google]
Personality.png
19KB, 309x334px
INTJ-A
26/m/Aus
>>
21/F/USA
ENFP-T

I consider this very accurate. Though I wish I was Judging and Assertive. Maybe someday.
At least I've flipped from Introvert (aka I was depressed) to Extrovert.

I've always wanted to meet a Sensor Feeling. I wonder what they're like.
>>24218284
>>24217467
>>24217113
Who are you people?? Tell me your secrets!
>>
File: istp.png (101KB, 933x670px) Image search: [Google]
istp.png
101KB, 933x670px
You guys ever notice how few "S" types there are on 4chan?

I think "N" types might be more drawn to the internet and forums than "S" types.
>>
>>24221298
What draws you to the internet then?
>>
>>24221433
I don't know. Boredom.
>>
*Checks every hour in hopes of a response
>>
21/f
I got ISTP
>>
File: Commander.png (93KB, 1277x752px) Image search: [Google]
Commander.png
93KB, 1277x752px
>>
File: Capture.png (101KB, 1232x756px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
101KB, 1232x756px
INFP-T here 25/m/OR
>>
took the test the other day came back as INFP-T 38/M/USA
>>
>>24222628
Whoops,
21 / Male / ID
>>
File: 2016_08_19_23.47.04.png (148KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2016_08_19_23.47.04.png
148KB, 1200x1920px
Male/31 ENFJ-T
>>
INFJ
23/f
>>
>>24221250
What do you think an -SF- will be like, what makes you so curious?
>>
>>24216990
>>24218086
Sociopaths who will never understand how emotions and relationships work. Only relying on their ability to manipulate others and make themselves always appear as the victims.
>>
File: firefox_2016-08-20_12-59-58.png (26KB, 449x369px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-08-20_12-59-58.png
26KB, 449x369px
23/male/Michigan here
>>
File: 1469248802000.png (6KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1469248802000.png
6KB, 493x402px
This shit never works for me because I usually get 50/50 on a thing and my placement constantly changes because it's so vague.
>>
>>24217054
ay intp pisces checking in

wonder if there's actually a correlation
>>
>>24224526
All the Sensors I've met have also been Thinkers. I'd be interested to see how it looks when someone is a Sensor and also a Feeler. I find my Feeling side to be a very important part of my values, so I often can conflict with heavy Thinkers. I think I could learn a thing or two from Sensors, since, as an Intuitive, I'm often stuck in my head.

Sensors seem to be more in touch with reality and the physical world.
>>
File: INTP.png (81KB, 951x665px) Image search: [Google]
INTP.png
81KB, 951x665px
23/m/NY

meh
>>
20 / f / ireland
INFP
>>
>>24225507
HAH I'm >>24217467
And I am aware of my environment but that only exacerbates how unhappy i am and how different it is from what I want it to be and how in some aspects in powerless and can't change it. It could be better sometimes to have your head in the clouds, they say "ignorance is bliss" for a reason
>>
File: personalitytype.png (151KB, 1206x831px) Image search: [Google]
personalitytype.png
151KB, 1206x831px
Took this a while back and pic related was the result.

>>24221298
Yeah, it's weird.
>>
>>24225782
Having your head in the clouds isn't ignorance. I feel like being awake is a never-ending existential crisis. Paralyzed by the realization that society is a faulty contsruct.
>>
Enfp
18 m uk
>>
>took the test the first time
>got INTJ-A
>'alright, let's see what other sites say.'
>took two other tests, get ISTJ-A
>wtf
>come back and take this test again
>get ESTP-A

I don't even fucking know, man.

Anyways, 24/M/Utah, home of the Mormon Mafia/Cult
>>
>>24216756
31/m/Germany
>>
File: InfP.jpg (133KB, 1128x770px) Image search: [Google]
InfP.jpg
133KB, 1128x770px
>>24227831
And I forgot the fucking pic.
>>
>>24224560
LOL, no.

INTJs aren't all sociopaths. Obviously.
I might be a bit clueless about emotions, but mostly because I am not in touch with my own emotions and I tend to ignore my feelings. I am learning to do it as I grow up, but I'm still very empathetic, caring and loving.
I frankly think I understand relationships much better than everyone else I know, and I've always been in amazing and long lasting relationship. I am constant, I treat my partner like a God, I do everything I can to make my partner's life easy and I'm loyal as fuck.

I'm sorry if you got a bad experience with a INTJ, because you obviously did, but fuck off.
>>
>>24220881
I've met INFPs who were emotional to the point of being mentally unstable. They took everything I said personally, didn't have any control on themselves and their life, and couldn't handle their own empathy (for example, they felt miserable if I was miserable, and ended up with me reassuring them while I was looking for help).
On the other hand, an INFP who is mature enough to handle the their emotions and feelings well, is just as good as it gets. They're still much more in touch with their feelings and empathetic than I am, and it sometimes is tiring for someone mildly insensitive as me, but having them in my life always inspired me, made me feel stronger, made me become a better person.
You're cool guys.
>>
File: ss (2016-08-21 at 08.59.43).png (17KB, 327x345px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-08-21 at 08.59.43).png
17KB, 327x345px
20 - M - Aus
>>
File: Untitled.png (108KB, 1284x758px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
108KB, 1284x758px
>>24225462
Same here. Took the test anyways since it's been a while.

18/M/CA (Ottawa)

One thing I didn't like about the personality description is that it kept saying ENFJs don't like criticism or try to prevent it. Actually, I try my best to encourage it, but only after ensuring everyone in the situation understands how to perform criticism constructively. Everything else was pretty accurate, though, which is not to say that I wouldn't think other personality descriptions would be accurate; I scored approximately 50/50 on three of these after all. MBTI is garbage. But it sure does give you a strong ego-rection.
>>
24 year old female:

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
MEDIATOR (INFP-T)

I have always received either INFJ or INFP
this test seems to agree with all others
>>
>>24227833
According to the site we comprise 4% of the population lol hello rare friend
>>
>>24217083
Lol nevermind

Though its likely because of where we are
>>
>>24228898
You're inability to actually know yourself is the issue. I've taken these tests on 10 different sitesoover the years and have never got anything other than ENFP. Once I got ENF? But still. Hardly a variation.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1471803611843.png (224KB, 1080x1800px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1471803611843.png
224KB, 1080x1800px
21/F

INFP-T
>>
DEFENDER (ISFJ-T)
24 M USA
I'm in nursing school so I guess this makes sense.
>>
Do women on /soc/ have a type other than INFP
>>
>>24228977
I know myself just fine. Thinking and feeling is a false dichotomy and people change all the time [1]. The problem is in the theory, not the data.
1. http://www.danielgilbert.com/Quoidbach%20et%20al%202013.pdf
>>
>>24228963
although I appreciate a fellow.

100/16, if we consider all 16 types to be distributed evenly, is already 6.25, so 4% doesn't seem too rare to me.
>>
>>24228997
obviously

>>24229079
u right
>>
19 f infp-t
>>
File: Untitled.png (77KB, 849x575px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
77KB, 849x575px
20 - m - CA

honestly wasn't expecting this result
>>
ESTP apparently....does my ADHD have anything to do with it ?
>>
I always fluctuate between INTJ and INTP, though usually it's INTJ. Makes me feel like a special snowflake lol.

24f finland
>>
well shit, this is pretty accurate.

21/f/usa.
>>
>>24229079
Nothing says it should break down completely evenly though.
>>
>>24229219
ffs meant that I usually lean towards INTP.
>>
File: mbti.png (100KB, 917x979px) Image search: [Google]
mbti.png
100KB, 917x979px
19 / M / Canada
>>
File: 2016-08-10-19-13-10.png (104KB, 539x959px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-10-19-13-10.png
104KB, 539x959px
23/F/ Michigan. My kik is FujoshiGarbage
>>
>>24229264
Ofc it doesn't, but claiming something to be rare at 4%, when the average is at 6.25% - that's a bold statement.
>>
>>24229283
>being this stupid
Just stop bro
>>
>>24229306
what about his statement is stupid?
>>
File: intp.png (113KB, 1096x758px) Image search: [Google]
intp.png
113KB, 1096x758px
26/m/france
>>
>>24229316

their trying to say there's no evidence the personalities are divided evenly among the population, it could be that most people fall within a few categories and the rest are rarer

think of something like a bell curve instead of equal distribution
>>
>>24229346
I was just trying to make light conversation and anon decided to teach a mathematics lesson. I literally do not care
>>
>>24229346
He should have just said that instead of being an irascible cuck desu.
>>
>>24229428
he's a bit of an asshole yeah

>>24229396
wasn't for you anyway
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-21-23-29-29.png (43KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-21-23-29-29.png
43KB, 480x800px
18/M/France

>>24222717
>>24228898
Not so much ENFJ around.
I never really did one of those tests, but I suppose, the "A" stand for Assertive?
>>
>>24229673
Yeah I don't get the A/T dichotomy so much; I wonder if the website has an explanation for that.
>>
>>24229462
He was responding to me.
But i agree with your theory
>>
>>24229673
>>24229675
https://www.16personalities.com/articles/our-theory

"Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals.

Turbulent (-T) individuals are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They are likely to experience a wide range of emotions and to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve."

Perfectionistic and eager to improve? Sounds like me. Sensitive to stress? I don't think so. 'Stress-prone' would be more accurate.
>>
>>24229699
Lol yeah so the people with "95% t" are pretty unstable people. Hence why theyre on 4chan i suppose..
>>
>>24229713
Do 4chan users strike you as perfectionistic and eager to improve?
>>
>>24226268
She was saying about how she doesn't feel in touch with reality
>>
>>24229719
Do you strike me as a stable person? Not really, but youre at 55 percent so thats not too bad
>>
>>24229699
Oh thanks.
I checked on the french version who has more details, and I think, the T would suits me better.
>>
>>24229756
Actually, when I read T, I just think it's not me either.
I'm not extremely emotive, neither agited.
Half of A, and half of T, sound right. But in the end, I think I'm closer to Assertive.
>>
>>24229713

Where does that put me on the ''mental stability scale'' with 80% t? >>24216894
>>
>>24229996
Probably pretty unstable... Why are you even asking?
>>
>>24230198

Just wondering for fun lol, nothing much outside of that, since to me the scale just seemed to indicate confidence (a) v. lack of confidence (t).
>>
ISTJ

24/M/Colorado
>>
File: 16 personality2016.png (30KB, 474x516px) Image search: [Google]
16 personality2016.png
30KB, 474x516px
>>24217102
INTP here, I can relate to that post almost entirely. my only real friend is the computer (i have some friends (1 or 2) but only talk through skype).
>>
>>24230453

I truly feel you. I also only talk to my friends through skype... I used to see them because we were in the same highschool (though I didn't go to activities with them outside of that), but since we aren't in the same university, I don't see them anymore.

It's somewhat amazing they are still willing to talk to me after that.
>>
File: 49.png (32KB, 658x422px) Image search: [Google]
49.png
32KB, 658x422px
INTP
19/F/UK

People like me don't exist.
>>
File: image.png (157KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
157KB, 750x1334px
M/21/Chicago
>>
File: Waver_recharging.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Waver_recharging.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
Not even going to take this, it's always the same. ISTJ, the boring as fuck person. Some have tried to refute it, but I forgot what their choice was for me. Either or,
27, male, North Carolina.
>>
File: Capture.png (31KB, 440x451px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
31KB, 440x451px
25/M/AZ
>>
File: image.png (96KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96KB, 640x1136px
30/m/NL

It's fun, question value of it...
>>
>>24227859
There's a difference between mimicking others emotions (which is what you are doing) and actually experiencing them.
>>
INFP-T
Fucks that mean

20/m/delaware
>>
Infj 23/f
>>
>>24231232
I doubt you're more qualified to talk about my emotions than me.
I do feel things, and very intensely, but have problems when it comes to handling them in a healthy way.
Again, your bad experience with ONE INTJ doesn't mean we are all like that.
>>
>>24220074
20/M/Germany/INFP-T and I do the exact same stuff except for the piano part
>>
>>24216756
ENTJ reporting
>>
File: image.png (200KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
200KB, 640x1136px
>>
23/Male/Georgia
ENTP

I've taken this test about 10 times since my senior year of high school and I've only gotten a different result once (the last letter was J). ENTP fits me perfectly, though.

I used to be really skeptical of the test, but I've been believing in it a lot more lately. I wish I would have paid more attention to it just a few years ago - knowing how my personality "works" could have helped me with a few things.

My dad always told me growing up that I would be a great lawyer because I would "argue with anything" I'd "argue with a fence post".

Instead, I'm a professional musician that studied education and psychology for a short while in college before becoming disillusioned by higher education in general.
>>
File: enfp.png (16KB, 305x300px) Image search: [Google]
enfp.png
16KB, 305x300px
21/M/Sweden

Gone from ISTP every single time to I/ENFP.
Are these things trying to tell me something?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160822-231411.png (112KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160822-231411.png
112KB, 1080x1920px
>>24216756
19 / M / Germany

I always get ISTJ-A.
>>
File: 1460293227331.jpg (98KB, 574x456px) Image search: [Google]
1460293227331.jpg
98KB, 574x456px
>>24218157
>>24218198
>>24230352
>>24230624
Hello rare bros. There are no female ISTJs, right? (Or generally -ST- women?)

And why should it be a boring personality type? I think "boringness" is much more based on individual treats.

>>24221298
Also my thoughts. Do you have an idea why intuition people are more common here than sensors?

(Bumping with infographic)
>>
File: INFJ again.png (17KB, 348x366px) Image search: [Google]
INFJ again.png
17KB, 348x366px
20/F/Cali

yeah yeah special snowflake shit
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-22-18-52-10.png (276KB, 1600x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-22-18-52-10.png
276KB, 1600x2560px
22/f/New York

Did I win?
>>
>>24235197
look above you dingus
>>
>>24216756
INTP
24/m/USA-RI

Also >>24216770
Same here, depends on the test too
>>
File: 1358031012207.gif (893KB, 242x136px) Image search: [Google]
1358031012207.gif
893KB, 242x136px
Done this test many times over a period of years. I always get INTP. I still think alot of the questions are too situational though. The only social relevance this has to me is I'm sometimes reserved, anxious, and get carried away in long analytical discussions about shit. Which is vague as fuck so who cares.
20/m/uk
>>
>>24235392
wtf is happening in your gif?
>>
File: intp.png (99KB, 1160x759px) Image search: [Google]
intp.png
99KB, 1160x759px
>>24235412
Your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>24235412
Hydrographics. Shit's pretty cool.
>>
>>24235248
Oh snap!
>>
>>24216756

M/Florida
>>
>>24222589
Hi my fellow ISTP, we are rare on here.
>>
ISTJ-J
26/M/Toronto
>>
19 M ENTP - A
>>
>>24230582
>People like me don't exist.
Pretty easy to think that if you lean towards introversion.
>>
File: 16_personalities_Josh.png (88KB, 1157x657px) Image search: [Google]
16_personalities_Josh.png
88KB, 1157x657px
>>24216756
>>24216894
>>24217302
This was so spot on, I'm Shocked.

20/M/US
>>
INFP

18/M/Europe
>>
>>24216756
ENFP/ESFP -A
I take the test every 3 month or so, last test was ENFP.

21/M/Cologne
>>
INTJ
22 M Melbourne AU
>>
INTJ
M/19/US
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-23+at+10.04.22).png (94KB, 1132x762px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-23+at+10.04.22).png
94KB, 1132x762px
time and time again i test intj but this time it's istj

odd

21/m/washington state
>>
I heard INTJ was master race?
>>
File: intp 18 años.png (68KB, 1182x781px) Image search: [Google]
intp 18 años.png
68KB, 1182x781px
M/18 from south america.
Looks like I switch from INTJ to INTP depending on the times.
The first 2 or 3 times I did the test i got ENTJ tho.
>>
>>24238084
Soziologie-Student?
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.