[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

//pic related// Report in people with Narcolepsy (with or without

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: man-asleep-at-dinner-350.jpg (21KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
man-asleep-at-dinner-350.jpg
21KB, 350x240px
//pic related//

Report in people with Narcolepsy (with or without Cataplexy). Feel free to post stories, discuss related.
>>
Bumpity

>stirs in empty thread
>>
>>24172550
You won't get much, it's a pretty rare disease.
I was misdiagnosed with it when I was younger and did a ton of research. There's some evidence to suggest that gluten can cause a depletion in orexin cells and there's a small community on the net of people who have cured or significantly reduced their narcolepsy with a gluten free diet. I hate that it's a fad diet and is claimed to help everything, but it seems to actually be beneficial for narcolepsy so it's worth a shot.

Here's some info from my friend's narcolepsy hypothesis. She's kind of nutty and I don't agree with her on everything, but I think she's on the right track. http://www.zombieinstitute.net/NarcolepsyHypothesis7715.html

Do you take Xyrem? That shit made me so sick...
>>
>>24172845
Thanks! I've tried gluten free, but unfortunately it didn't seem to help. (Literally went through a few years changing my diet around trying to see if anything could help)

They have tried me on a few medications such as tricyclic antidepressants and such. So far, there hasn't been any signs of them helping. Haven't been on Xyrem though (yet).
>>
>>24173128

Damn that's rough. Good on you for trying shit out though and not just listening to your doc.
I work in a cognitive science lab and am very pro science but every conventional doctor I've seen is unable to diagnose me, or misdiagnoses me making me very sick. I've tried several different alternative medicine modalities and have found Ayurveda (old Indian medicine) really helpful.
>>
>>24173500
Thanks.

And yeah? I'll look into it. Are you exhibiting similar symptoms to Narcolepsy? What are your theories on what you may possibly have?
>>
Nope not me. Closes I come is passing out after eating all the time. Combination of shitty gut and low pressure not sure.

Good luck with your horrible thingo!
>>
>>24174985

Thanks anon! Good luck with your thingo as well.
>>
Finally something relatable on here
>>
Not narcolepsy, but I had chronic fatigue syndrome for nearly a year following a very serious case of mono that nearly killed me (not exaggerating).

I could sleep for 14 hours and still wake up exhausted. I had to take a couple of years off from school to rehabilitate. It was a nightmare.
>>
>>24175325
Welcome!~

>>24175342
That really fucking blows. Right now I'm pretty stable if I sleep a solid 12-14 a night, but if I don't get that much I end up needing up to 18-22 hours the next couple of days.
>>
"idiopathic hypersomnia". 6hrs, 8hrs, 12hrs sleep, doesn't matter. Would fall asleep every class unwillingly, with REM.

It went away with a couple years of meds (modafinil) and then depression treatment (welbutrin). Now (24yrs old) is a quarter of the strength it was five years ago.

It felt like the darkeness called. Like a tiny irressistable reassuring whisper in my head, /sleep/.... And then I would slowly slip away from conciousness, no matter how much my concious mind paniced and tried to hold onto conciousness, like mufassa gripping on the rocks for dear life and the demon being Scar throwing me into the warm, comforting grips below...

It ruined me and no one understood. Teachers made fun of me a lot at my expense.

But it's over now... Mostly.
>>
Pls respond
>>
Yeah I have narcolepshdhjdghdgjfhddxfhjhcddeddhjg.......ryhvxerffx466);;)7&!)
>>
>>24174925
I think it was the ever elusive and vague chronic fatigue syndrome. I was just so tired my doctor thought I had narcolepsy. I would go into REM sleep within 3 minutes. I was probably exhibiting similar signs because of the gluten as described in the paper I posted above.

I was in a pretty good place for a while, I could sleep for like 9-10 hours and feel rested which was new to me (i was tired all the time, regardless of how much I slept), but then I developed arthritis in my wrist and constipation. I was at college and it turns out they were giving me gluten but telling me my food was gluten free. I went to that school planning on cooking for myself, but the food services person told me they're super good about accommodating for dietary restrictions so I signed on. It turns out the actual staff was way understaffed and overworked so they would give me seitan (which literally is wheat gluten) and tell me it was tofu.
After a semester and a half of that I started to develop the above symptoms and stopped eating there. I got rid of the arthritis with a glutathione supplement, and the constipation went away with the ayurvedic diet and herbs (lots of kitchari, ashwagandha, and triphala).
I developed chronic pain in my extremeties and overall weakness after moving from the east coast to Colorado, sort of at altitude (I'm ~5,000 ft up, near Denver). I don't know if it's the altitude or what but I haven't quite been able to shake it. The ayurvedic stuff has helped more than anything else for this, but I still have it.

Sorry for the poor sequencing of this tale, I'm sort of out of it right now.

So yeah, not really that similar to narcolepsy, but I think a lot of chronic diseases can have similar roots. I think the gluten causes some issues with my gut, which causes the arthritis. Maybe I'm still leaking toxins left and right and that's why I'm in even more pain... I don't know.

I'm going to try traditional chinese medicine next.
>>
Just get your sleep regulated. Take over the top pills if it helps.
>>
Yeahs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.