[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MBTI TYPE THREAD never really seen one of these before but m

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: CognitiveFunctions.png (175KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CognitiveFunctions.png
175KB, 1000x1000px
MBTI TYPE THREAD never really seen one of these before but maybe I just don't browse /soc/ enough. This thread is for discussion of MBTI and Jungian related topics. If you don't know what your MBTI type is then take this quiz https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test (I know it seems clickbaity but its some actual science). Don't know what to talk about try answering these questions:
>What type are you
>Do you like being this type?
>What types do you like/dislike?
>What do you think made you this type?
>Has your type changed over the years or do you think it will?
>>
>>24153980
I'll start with the questions
>INTP
>Yeah I really like being INTP I like how I can think things thorough logically
>Honestly I don't know much of other types but ESFPs, ISFPs, ESTPs, and INFPs usually annoy me.
>I would say that my father was probably the main cause of me being rationally minded cause he's the same and I'm probably introverted cause my family was a bit crazy and I was bullied in school.
>I think my type has changed as i used to be more empathetic without really thinking things through but I'm glad I'm not that way now (not that empathy is bad but I don't like blind followers).
alright everybody now its your turn :)
>>
>>24153980
labels are dumb
>>
>>24153980
>>What type are you
ENFP
>>Do you like being this type?
Yes. I'm pretty set in my values about empathy and helping others. I take a lot of pride in my introspection and connection to how others are feeling.
>>What types do you like/dislike?
Sensor/Thinking types tend not to like me. They call me irrational, bleeding heart, absent minded, unfocused, those types of things.
I'd really like to meet a Sensor/Feeling. All the sensors I've met have been thinkers. So it'd be interesting to see how it works when someone has a focus on the present, physical world, while also having warmth, values on harmony, and considerations to others.
>>What do you think made you this type?
That's an interesting question. I guess it comes from a lot of focus on pleasing others and making them happy. I have a belief that I'm happy when the people around me are happy. That's been helpful and a detriment. I've learned to be careful about not being a doormat.
>>Has your type changed over the years or do you think it will?
When I was in the depths of my depression, I was definitely more introverted. My NF is solid, and I don't expect that to change unless something drastic happened in my life. I hope that someday I can learn to be more Judging, since it'd nice to be more productive.
>>
>>24154138
It's really cool to read about others opinions on types.
>>
File: 1467011753184.png (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467011753184.png
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>24154174
Yeah! It's a fun way to categorize. I think it's funny how you shifted from an E to an I while I did the opposite. I definitely understand your reasoning. I can be a bit of a follower at times, since I'd prefer to keep the peace rather than make waves. I don't really think it's a big priority to make my opinion known. Though it has bit me before!
I wonder if that's why I like anonymous internet so much. I can blather about my opinion without worrying about how it'll effect people's view of me.

Can you tell us more about how ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, and INFP annoy you? I'm particularly interested in the ESFP! I have some guesses on how your values would clash with these types.

Also I really like pic related.
>>
>>24154204
I think I tend to voice my opinions more simply because I've always found it hard to hear someone make a mistake (not necessarily in opinions but even like a grammatical error) and not correct them. Like it really takes a lot of self restraint to hear someone say something I don't agree with or say that my way is wrong and not defend myself. This is likely cause in my mind I've thought it through and see how logically I got to that conclusion so when someone says it's wrong I try to show them that it's not wrong because of that. Also if I am wrong then I think it's good to learn from the mistake in my logic to avoid making future errors.

First of all I feel I should preface this with again I don't know a whole lot about other types but from what I can tell ESFPs annoy me because of how enthusiastic they are about things that to me really don't matter and they are a bit too energetic for me, I like to chill out and relax but if an ESFP's around then it's kinda hard to. They care a lot about looks and being happy all the time. INFPs annoy me because they are so intent on not letting anyone be upset that they will let someone be wrong if it means they're happy. This directly clashes with how I want to show people how I got to my conclusion. ESTPs bother me with how I find them obnoxious (sorry if you are one), they always have to be the center of attention and will do anything to get it. It really annoys me because if I try to voice my opinion or make a joke they immediately feel threatened and will try to steal the focus away. Looking back at ISFPs they don't seem that bad I guess that I've just kinda lumped them in with arts people who annoy me with superficiality.

One thing I forgot to mention about the last question is that if I do change to another type it would likely be ENTP as I do like discussing things with people.
>>
>>24154064
Focus less on the labels and more on what they signify. Everyone has a type and learning about them can only help in my opinion.
>>
>What type are you
INFJ
Yeah I guess, I'm a counselor type of person and that's the field I want to go into
I don't know really, my crazy ex was ENFP so fuck him
Probably the fact that I like to listen to other peoples' problems and give them realistic advice. I'm also a bit of a shut-in
It changed from ENFJ to INFJ during high school so I doubt it will change again
>>
>>24154450
I... I wrote out a long response to this.... Why didn't it post?
Frustrated bump
>>
>What type are you
ISTJ
I guess, I don't hate it. Sometimes it's annoying that I have this inner piece of me that makes me feel the need to complete something. It will encompass my thoughts until I go back and finish it. It's not OCD, but it's something similar.
I've noticed that I usually befriend INTJ's, but coincidentally also find them the most annoying.
My mother was a bad mother and instilled odd behaviors in me.
The older I get, the more I sort of become the stereotype of an ISTJ. Other than that, I don't see it changing.
>>
>What type are you
ENTP
Love it. Although I'm obviously skeptical about whether or not to take this system seriously most of the time, I still think there's a degree of truth to it that people should at least consider.
I don't think I dislike any of them especially much. They all have their reasons for being the way they are and they all have the potential to be interesting. If I had to pick it'll probably have to be the types who are purely logical. My best friend is an ISFP and while we do fight and we're supposedly not meant to get along I've learned a lot on how to hone my emotional intuition from him.
I haven't changed much from when I was a kid. The only thing that might be different is if I were raised in a more socially connected environment I might be less critical, I might have been more the feeling type.
I don't want my first reaction to someone telling me something to be overly rational or critical anymore. I want to work on being more of a feeling and abstractly connected person, and to respond in a more sensitive/genuine way.
>>
File: 1469787619643.jpg (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469787619643.jpg
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>24153980
What the fuck is up with that circular diagram.
>>
>What type are you
ENFJ
I wouldn't be any other way.
I guess you could say I don't have a particular dislike to any real type- only those that are insensitive to the people around them? (Which like some have already said- this isn't exactly a pure science and any type of person is subject to having lapses in their ability to empathize)
I've had to learn to be both mature for my age (albeit being at a very young age) yet humble enough to recognize how others might view me. I am this way for how friends/family treated me- to how I would set as much of a good example as I could to the ones around me. I realized I had a knack for people pretty early on and I kind of just went for it.
Perhaps at a really young age- it may have been different? But I've just had this outlook for really as long as I can remember- and I don't suspect that much will change about it ^_^
>>
>>24155857
Damn sorry about that... don't suppose i could get a synopsis.
>>
>>24156249
I looked up MBTI so I could get a picture for the thread and that one seemed passable.
>>
So I just did the survey out of boredom and apparently I'm an ENTP-T whatever that means lol, guess I'll have to go read up
>>
>>24157232
read up on it but basically it means you like to debate with people and think things through logically ans are outgoing.
>>
>>24157358
Sounds pretty close, I like how it says debate not argue lol
>>
>What type are you?
INFJ
I definitely don't mind being an INFJ, but I'm not walking around going "HEY GUYS IM AN INFJ" or anything.
I tend to get along with INTPs the most, I haven't really noticed an MBTI I didn't like. My fiancée is an ESTJ.
Uhhh I'm not sure. my sister, my brother, and my dad probably. influenced me to be more introverted. My other brother and my mom definitely led me away from being extroverted by example. Not a fan of extroverts.
I was a steady INFP from 16 to about 21. I think the only thing that changed there was I got a little more bitter and reality focused. Better for it, desu.
>>
>>24153980
>ISTP
>Not really
> I basically hate everyone, although thats just my initial take on people. I have to get to know you and our personalities have to click to go anywhere.
> Probably my parents/homelife.
Mom would always call me a fuck up and how my birth ruined her life, early in. She was pregnant with me by age 15. Although she eventually came to terms I'm definitely still the black sheep. Father never took interest in me preferring the two younger siblings, possibly due to the fact I may not be his biological child, he doesn't hate me or anything, we just have very little common ground and interactions were and still are rare. Basically got used to to doing things by myself for myself because I've never had anyone to rely on.
>It might if I could ever quit being a shut-in but probably not.
>>
>What type are you
ENFJ
Yeah this is the result of a lot of shit happening in my life/to me and reading the description of this feels like it suits me with immense accuracy
Wouldn't really know honestly this is not something I discuss with anyone
Basically just me coming out of my shell, I stopped being so shut in and started throwing myself into situations and experiencing more things, it's been a wild and fun ride
Yeah it's changed quite a lot over the past say 3 years and I think it will still change slightly in the future but I can't imagine not being an extrovert
>>
>>24157386
debate or discussion are the ways of putting it to where people realize it's not hostile.
>>
>>24157393
>I tend to get along with INTPs the most
my nigga!
>>
>>24153980
Every time i take it i get INFJ INFP
ive taken the tests many times since high school and it was is always one of the two
>>
>>24157560
which one do you think you are?
like I said earlier I could be ENTP but I usually test as INTP and feel more like that.
>>
Any other ENTPs like me?
>>
File: tumblr_nj8096WyiT1siipgno1_500.png (319KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj8096WyiT1siipgno1_500.png
319KB, 500x375px
>>24153980
>What type are you
INFP
I guess? I mean, I enjoy creative things and deep, complex thoughts and all that, but sometimes I wish I didn't have to care about everything all the time.
None. I think any type can be a great person or a complete arsehole.
Chemicals in my brain. Life experience.
I used to do these test very often some years ago and back then I would fluctuate between INFP and INTP. I think INFP is closer to the truth. People are supposed to get more cynical as they grow older, but I feel like I've done the opposite and grown up into a blue-eyed idealist.
>>
>What type are you
INFP
I suppose I do, then again I haven't experienced any other type so its hard to say.
I get along well with INTJ, INTP,
^^ This question is basically asking how I came to be the person I am. I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that question. Environmental factors, friendships, and experiences all impact us throughout our entire lives. To answer this question I would have to ponder my entire existance.
I feel as if lately Im becoming more of a INFJ. It could be just a faze though.
>>
>>24153980
>What type are you
ENFP/INFP (I go back and forth between these two)
Eh I guess so. It's who I am, so I might as well embrace it.
Haven't really met anyone who I knew their type, so I don't have much personal experience to give a like/dislike list. Though I will say that introverts tend to be a little nicer than extroverts. But I like hanging out with (some) extroverts more.
Basically what this dude said: >>24160235
Yes. I used to be a straight up INFP, overly introverted and obsessed with logic. Though over the last few years (and a bunch of antidepressants) I came out of my shell and become a bit more extroverted and willing to follow my heart and make friends.
>>
>>24160299
im a girl ;D
>>
>>24160304
Sorry. I use dude and man as just a colloquial term for people.
>>
>>24160310
DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?!

haha nah man its all good <3
>>
>>24160325
Lol cool :3
>>
>>24153980
I've taken this test a few times as a school or work thing and each time I get different results I've even done it twice in the same day and have gotten two slightly different things. Not to be a downer but I feel like this is bullshit
>>
>>24160373
This is really bizarre to me when I hear this kind of thing. I'd think it'd be interesting to see a test that says what percentage you scored for each type, so you could see the ones that you marked the highest for.
I guess there are some individuals who don't have such a strong preference for one side or another.

I'd also wonder how much of this has to do with a difference between what you'd like to do and what you do do. I think of when I was depressed, how I would answer the question "Do you prefer to spend time more at home or to go out?" and think, "Well, I often turn down requests to go out. But I honestly would like to go out more than stay in."

Or, "Do you prefer to improvise or plan things out carefully?" I definitely prefer when things are scheduled and planned, but I usually end up not putting in the effort to plan anything out.
>>
INFJ who is going mad because they just want peace on this hell-ridden Earth and in their life. Too fragile for life, giant pussy here. What's up?
>>
>What type are you
I'm part of the supposedly rare but oddly present online INFJ squad.

I don't know what to say about this, I gotta be me and can't really picture another way of being.

I don't spend time trying to analyze what type other people might be.

...it's the way I am. Might as well ask what made me female. I don't know and it is beyond my control, anyway.

When I was a teenager I sometimes tested as an INTJ. I think that was me hoping and desiring to be less influenced by emotions than I actually am.
>>
>>24153980
>>What type are you
INTP
Yes.
ENFJs are cool. Anything xSFx is cancer and should be killed.
Social exclusion, probably.
It might change if I change my life style. I'm not planning on doing that, though.
>>
24/f
>What type are you
ENTJ more often, ENFJ sometimes ENTP rarely
Doesn't bother me, but can seem abrasive to others
I like iNtuitives generally
Combination of nature/nurture in self-esteem and hardheaded ess
Maybe less J and more P but maybe I'll just solidify my drawing conclusions side as I age. Hopefully leaning less F and more T as time goes on.
>>
25/M
>What type are you?
INTJ
I do. I meet most of the traits that has lead me to the life I live, and I couldn't be happier with how it's going so far.
I honestly have no Idea, I didn't even know this was a thing till today.
Spite.
I almost positive it has. And probably, depends on what is thrown at me.
>>
>>24153980
>What type are you
ENTJ
Yes. I have a natural inclination to managing people and things, making sure they work well and things get done. I get no thrill from power, but love when a plan comes together.
I tolerate F's, it always feel like they just crave validation and fitting in, no matter how the other letters work out. I appreciate other E's that are co-operative, I's that can still be expressive and I need P's around because there is no gray area for my judging, I am a harsh judge of everyone, including myself, and often rely too much on cold analysis.
Familial traits towards being salesmen and managers. My family is very loud and boisterous, fierce debaters and often dominate conversations.
Become more extroverted, for sure. Still enjoy alone time and don't need other's around me, but it's not a chore. I am aware that the letters are not absolute and represent stronger inclinations between the two types of each category, but beyond the I/E split being somewhat close, the 'NTJ' is very black and white. Logic, analysis and theorem are major components in my life.

That said, I'm actually a very emotional and sometimes unbalanced person who is prone to outbursts (usually from thinking about something too hard and dwelling on it).

I'm fairly certain my perfect mate will be an ISTP. A person we can offer comfort to each other, be honest and blunt about feelings and life and as mentioned a strong 'P' to keep my from going head first toward a cliff of condemnation. I kinda imagine myself as a politician and my wife as being a sensitive and soft hearted poet. Builder and manager with caretaker and healer.
>>
>>24157430

M or F?
>>
>What type are you
INTJ master race

Yes

like INTJ
dislike every other ones

Logic

No/No
>>
>ISTP
>What do you like about this type?
I don't know, but I dislike my ability to handle emotions so it usually ends with me bottling it up and not dealing with my issues. I'll go run or go to the gym to postpone my inevitable existential crisis.
>What types do you like / dislike?
I enjoy spending time with extroverts
I don't know, I have always been pretty introverted, not to an extreme degree, I enjoy spending time with people I like.
Not since I first took the test, but it might.
>>
>>24161444
Check out those sick trips

>I forgot to add that I am 19/M
>>
>What type are you
INTP
Hell yeah, logical analysis any day of the week
F types do not mesh at all with me since they run off the emotions. ENTP and other NTs are cool, its such a shame ENTP are so flaky because theyve got pretty much the same mindset just a little bit more fire under their asses.
As i sit here thinking about this i'm coming up with paragraphs of a responses, let's just say I always wanted to have a good answer to shit.
I've gotten less I in action, i'm more outgoing but the essential aspect of needing to recharge by myself is still there so I'll never be an E
>>
File: Screenshots_2016-08-06-17-52-30.png (661KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2016-08-06-17-52-30.png
661KB, 1080x1920px
>>24153980
>What type are you
bullshit, bullSHIT, shitting Bulls, BULLshit

I'm just going to leave this here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect
>pic related
fucking, uneducated imbeciles
>>
>>24153980
>>What type are you
ENFP

very much so.

i'm not a huge fan of literal, strict or judgmental types.

youngest of four children with very little structure in my childhood probably.

its only become more noticeable since i first took the test a few years back and i've always felt pretty much like i do now, just stronger and more confident. i do take my lack of discipline and structure into account more in my day-to-day now though, and i acknowledge my shortcomings in the areas of my life that it effects.
>>
>>24162130

What people need to understand about these types is that a really exhaustive test will give a % range of how much you align with one type or another, acknowledging that there are nuances to personalities, not to mention the fact that people change day to day, in how people perceive others and the world. So the 4 letter types are valid, just misrepresented and misused almost universally.
>>
>>24162130
its not about absolutes sir, and no one thinks it is. its supposed to be vague and fluid. its about putting those various, albeit vague, qualities into as encompassing categories as possible. there is no harm in it, and it is at least a somewhat effective method of introspection and self examination. its not about predictions or life choices or anything other than how you think and feel.

now calm down, jesus fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>What type are you
INFP

Most of the time, yes. I'm able to easily see the good in the world, and people often say I'm easy to talk to. I like helping others and for all the times people have been shitty, I don't get jaded. I don't like that i can be overly sensitive and take things personally if I don't remember to use logic to balance out my emotions.

I've had bad experiences with INTJs. My brother who I get along with and my most recent ex who is also my best friend are INFJs. Many of the friends I have are ENFPs, and the person I'm currently seeing is an ENFJ, which is supposedly the INFPs ideal partner. We get along extremely well!!
I think I've always been sensitive. I've always been in tune with people's feelings. i don't think any one thing in particular made me this way.

Nope!! I'm a finely tuned classic textbook INFP. You could use my personality to calibrate instruments on!
>>
>>24162189
Hi, ENFP! I'm your introverted cousin!!
>>
>What type are you
INTJ 22M

It's okay, it would be nice if it was easier to talk to and meet new people.

>What types do you like
NT types
>dislike
S and clingy F types

No idea, I'm bad with people and the internet is great for learning new things. Its easier to just internet all day so I guess you could say that might of helped a little?

I might become more extroverted, but it will probably be mostly the same
>>
I remember back in the day like maybe 10 years ago on 4chan everyone was an INTJ and would be complete fedora fucks about it. Now we're all INTP's look how grown up we are guys.
>>
>>24160849
>Anything xSFx is cancer and should be killed.
Yeah? How so?
>>
>>24162424
P is less organized and put together as J's. I'd say it was wishful thinking for them to be J's, and they've just accepted the reality of being P's.
If there are changes.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.