[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get a social life after you finish school, /soc/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

How do you get a social life after you finish school, /soc/?
I feel like at school you get all sorts of cool shit like classes with other kids, math/science competitions, etc. but it seems like adults just lead shitty boring wagecuck lives, and the only way to have a better social life as an adult than a student is if you're some kind of celebrity/athlete, etc.
I'm starting my third year in college in fall and given my major I only have 3-4 years at most left plus grad school. But what next? Do I just become a generic wagecuck normie?
>>
You find a hobby
>>
>>24133149
But I do have hobbies but they get boring if you don't take regular breaks by socializing. I can't just play vidya and shitpost every day for years. :(
>>
The game is rigged. People only want to hang out with people who boost their ego and social status, so therefore they want to hang out with a more popular person, who.is interesting or will make them more interesting.
Tell me, why would anyone want to hang out with you?
How would you improve their life by having you as a friend?
>>
>>24133205
>thinks vidya and 4chan are hobbies

no you moron

>I'm starting my third year in college in fall
if you dont already have friends, then youre probably not going to find it any easier after college. luckily, the friends i have now are people i was friends with in high school or people i met in college. 2 years out, we still talk and hang. i meet people through people. i meet people through work, i wouldnt consider them "friends" but occassionally we do social things together outside of work, so thats nice.

hobbies for adults are things like exercise.... most people who join gyms, fitness classes, etc, are doing it for their bodies and for the social aspect. running clubs, yoga clubs, crossfit shit, etc etc etc

>Do I just become a generic wagecuck normie
i think you just stay on /r9k/ and devolve into the aspie foreveralone faggot you already know that you are
>>
>>24133123
There's plenty of ways to socialize while working a 40 hr/wk job. Most people go out to bars or clubs on their weekends or time off. It can be expensive to do that but there's people there and alcoholically lowered standards and inhibitions.
You could join a public group or some shit. Volunteer if that's your deal. Hell, even just finding a restaurant you like and being a regular there. Pretty much anything that gets you out of the house and around other people will lead to a social life eventually if you're a social person.
Key thing there is the phrase "if you're a social person". You don't really seem like it though. Your best chance might be a gaming/hobby shop; take up a card or tabletop game or start playing some board games with others there.

Also don't listen to cynical douches like >>24133235 . While there are people who will only want to hang out with people for the sake of an ego boost, many people are genuine in their own way. It might just not seem that way cuz, well...you can't possibly know every thought and feeling they're having. As for those who do simply leech off others or don't wanna hang out with you, fuck'em. Not worth the time and not worth agonizing over it; doing so will only make you more miserable and more guarded leading to you putting yourself out there less and thus socializing less, causing a cycle of never making friends then feeling bad about it.

If you really feel like you're "not good enough" for others, do things to improve yourself. Simply doing small amounts of exercise everyday or eating healthier can make you feel better, boost your confidence, and make you naturally more sociable and approachable.

Final tip: maybe block 4chan on your machine for a few months. Stay away from this cesspool of shitposting and memes. Such things are bad for critical thinking and bad for feeling good about yourself. Many of them just reinforce a cancerous "woe is me, my life is shit" mentality.
>>
>>24134312
Sidenote to this: I am talking straight out of my ass. I don't get out much because of my overnight job schedule and just still have all my high school friends, but I'm perfectly content with my life as it is. So take that wall of text with a grain of salt if you wish to; but that's the best advice I can offer as someone who observes people on a daily basis.
>>
>>24134192
>trying to bring others down for no reason

we get it youre miserable
>>
>>24134324
Plz back 2 rebbit faggot
>>
>>24134342
ebin 4chin user we got here
>>
>>24134345
Y u no an hero
>>
>>24134192
>i think you just stay on /r9k/ and devolve into the aspie foreveralone faggot you already know that you are
Don't be a dick.

>>24133205
>I can't just play vidya and shitpost every day for years. :(
You need better hobbies, ones that involve developing yourself as a person and which bring you into contact with like-minded people. If you don't have any interests that fit the bill, that's because your current unhealthy pastimes are sucking up all your time and enthusiasm. If you quit vidya and 4chan, you will find yourself being drawn to healthier activities as a way of staving off boredom and burning off energy. You should also quit any excessive drinking/drug use/masturbation for the same reason.
>>
>>24134640
are you underage or actually have autism anon
>>
>>24133235
I don't wanna hang out with the most popular person. I just wanna hang out with someone who I vibe with and get along around who likes the things I like.

Maybe if you're a normie with a huge circle of acquaintances who holds a place in the social ladder then you'd give a shit who is more popular, but I sure as hell don't.
>>
>>24134726
>>24134720
Is whiteknighting your favorite way to shit up 4chan?
I gave some solid advice to a faggot posting in the wrong board, who clearly understands how this place works
Youre not op why would you even be offended? Fuck off back to tumblr or where ever you came from
>>
>>24134640
>y u no

i haven't heard that since like 2012 what the fuck are you doing man
>>
>>24134755
Shitposting.... Are u retarded?
Ive been here a lot longer than 2012 m8
>>
>>24134761
am i supposed to be impressed?
>>
>>24134764
When are you gonna come choke on my non-existent cock?
>>
>>24134750
the irony and self-denial.. the only person who is offended in this thread is you anon, for simple being called miserable. your original reply was retarded and made it obvious that youre a typical tough guy internet person with very little social experience
>>
>>24134803
> still implying implications

Derp derp derp
Is this our personal thread now? Post cock pl0x
>>
>>24134769
Is that an open offer? Non-existent cock is my favourite kind of cock.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.