[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do women actually have hobbies? I can count on one hand the girls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: white.png (544KB, 953x511px) Image search: [Google]
white.png
544KB, 953x511px
Do women actually have hobbies? I can count on one hand the girls I know who would say something other than "ohhh hanging out with friends and partying!!" The few interesting girls I do know are into sports, which is great, just not my cup of tea.

Do any girls play instruments (well, not knowing 5 chords on guitar), code, read, or something?
>>
Yeah my hobbies are reading mangos, watching anime, gaming and masturbating. I can play the piano but I wouldn't call it a hobby.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 280x180px
>>24077225
>>
>>24077234
Are mangos difficult to read?
>>
File: Bears_small2.jpg (50KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Bears_small2.jpg
50KB, 320x240px
I know a christmas cake who makes these.
>>
>>24077256
Backwards. Never read one tho.
>>
>>24077237
I hate all of those things especially video games. Plebian tier hobbies m8

>tfw no gf to discuss the complete works of aristotle
>>
>>24077289
That's actually pretty cool. I'd call it patrician just for its originality.
>>
>>24077298
Not those exact ones but pretty much the same.
>>
>>24077289
Damn I need to find my teddy bears.
Anyone else feeling like shit every once in a while for not sleeping with them anymore?
>>
>>24077237
Also, this shit is funny and so true. Just some advice, unless you're completely helpless and love having your S/O around 24/7 have different hobbies but some shared interests. You'll get ZERO time away if they are into everything you are.

Yes I know it sounds perfect however it is in fact not perfect and gets annoying. You'll have the constant struggle of trying to maintain contact with your friends (assuming you have some) and your partner. Not to mention that if you're all out together and it seems like she's having fun with your friends you may start becoming jealous and likely it will fall apart I've seen it happen.

Do yourself a favor and don't be that couple.
>>
I sew/craft. I'm crocheting a blanket right now, I usually sew a lot of big hair bows though. I also game but I'm a filthy casual for the most part. I stick to a lot of indie games, I really enjoy tycoons/business/time management games.
I'm also study random things in my spare time, languages/culture, paranormal shit, crime (serial killers mainly), drawing.
I tired learning guitar when I was in high school but fell out of it. I could play like, Yankee Doodle. I always remember in my high school guitar class there was a kid who sat behind me that already knew guitar and was just pretending to not know for the easy A, but every day before the teacher came in he'd play the king of the hill song. It was a fun way to start the morning lol.
My hobbies aren't very active though, I like a night in more than a night out but thats also because I'm pretty fucking autistic in club/bar settings. The only other thing I have to say is I'm very open to trying new things, but I'm just too scared/shy to do it alone if there's anything social about it. That's why I craft and play only single player games. I can try and fail all I want without letting anyone else down.
>>
>>24077225
Girls have less social pressure on them to be 'someone'. Guys have to perform in soceity to prove their worth.

As for myself I'm into lifting, kickboxing anime, lo-fi music and film. Not many girls dig that though
>>
>>24077403
>sewing/crafting
Neat, low-tier patrician as sewing is becoming a lost art.

>>24077446
"Muh video game music"
Gay
>>
File: imgpsh_fullsize.jpg (88KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
imgpsh_fullsize.jpg
88KB, 1200x675px
my picture is attached so that you can see who you're talking to. i don't party and i can't remember the last time i texted my "best friend"

my hobbies include science, so most of the time my time is spent doing research in the lab or working on some sort of independent project
>>
>>24077489
>lofi = vidya music
What? Lo-fi is low fidelity, what are you even on about
>>
I sew, bake, do music, draw, read manga, watch anime, watch korean drama, dance, play games. I think those are hobbies.
>>
File: Achievement Hunter bow.jpg (24KB, 206x366px) Image search: [Google]
Achievement Hunter bow.jpg
24KB, 206x366px
>>24077489
I'm not all that good at it, especially with large projects like clothing, but I like making small accessories. I have a short attention span anyways lol Made this to go see Lazer Team when it came out.
Really though I'm just an artist. I do lots of artsy shit, but I tend to find "useful" art more fun to do.
>>
femanon, hobbies include camping and being outdoors (i love all outdoor activities such as disc golf, shooting, archery, kayaking and canoeing, snorkeling, swimming etc etc)
I love my friends but honestly i work too much to "hang out" constantly.
Other hobbies include reading, meditating and furthering my own insterest however
>>
>>24077559
Real cute hobbies tbhh
>>
>>24077501
Really? I get the impression that most of your time is spent TALKING about how much you like science and posting yourself in skype and rate threads but always with the addendum of how much you like science.

I'd bet a good amount of money you don't go to MIT either.
I'd also bet more time went into the various body hair you're attending to than into any independent project lately.

Just saying. I'd be happy if you were actually what you're trying to project to be.

>i love all outdoor activities such as disc golf, shooting, archery, kayaking and canoeing, snorkeling, swimming
Now those are hobbies.
>>
>>24077730
Haters gonna hate
>>
>>24077730
>disc golf
hueg faget detected
>>
>>24077744
Fuck man that's some wisdom straight off of Twitter right there.
>>
>>24077225
Both men and women are really fucking dull, it's not just the women. Watching anime, playing video games and the like are not hobbies but look through the various survey threads on here and tell me what you see. People are all about consumption and very few people actually want to create something or have an output of energy
>>24077609
Damn we would be best friends. Sound like the kind of person who gets into something new ever month or so
>>
>>24077501
Patrician as long as you're not a popsci fag which, since you said you work in a lab, you're probably not. I'm doing research this summer myself. Do/did you go to MIT?

>>24077609
Outdoors hobbies are patrician.
>>
>>24077758
Yes, but mostly women are guilty of it. I would totally be fine with gassing all animufags desu, they have low IQs by default.

And yes, most patrician hobbies involve creation.
>>
>>24077777
I work with a lot of guys and girls my age, early 20s. Not one of them really does anything with themselves after work. It's usually get piss drunk, play some video games, or some shit like that. Look in all areas of life and people are boring, men and women. I think it has to do with the advancement in technology over the past couple decades making people more likely to stay inside. I grew up with very little electronics in the house so I found better ways to occupy my time
>>
>>24077777
Checked
>>
God forbid a girl likes video games or anime, and if their interests are diverse enough they're called out as shallow or boring, whereas the guys critiquing them stay at home playing video games or masturbating all day, or just lift constantly and watch sports.

I read (not including manga, but I have read some manga also), go to the theatre often, watch anime, yes hang out with friends (why is it a crime?), don't party, illustrate books, design, play drums, keep various collections, walk daily for fun, canoe, play video games, volunteer, sewing (really beginner but I've sewed a dress with help and shorts by myself), etc. I'm just a normal human being, nothing special. If you think my hobbies make me 2D take a look at yourself and see if anything overlaps and think about that. Anyone can be into anything for various reasons
>>
>>24077777
Does going on 4chan to talk shit about other people to make yourself feel better about never getting out of mom's house count as a hobby? If it does you're all set.
>>
>>24077821
Aren't you just talking shit about that guy right now? And could it be that you do that to make yourself feel better?

Wew man haters gonna hate.
>>
>>24077851
I would expect that from the other guy talking shit in this post. I was asking a question and that's all. Why is someone else's hobby not good enough for you? Who cares if they just play games all day? It makes them happy so leave people alone.
>>
>>24077559
>sew
>do music
These are decent desu but all the other shit is just horrible weeaboo faggotry
Drawing is borderline but I feel like you draw characters from muh chinese cartoons
>>
>>24077784
Gas the animufags confirmed

>>24077792
I'll bet those are your past times, not hobbies. Like you, I: go for a walk at work everday, go canoing in the summer, hang with friends all the time, and volunteer. I don't cite them as my hobbies because thise aren't passions of mine that I strive to get better at. So, I'm going to assume you cited your pasttimes to make up for your lack of hobbies.

My biggest two hobbies would be jazz bass and reading. I've played bass every day for about in hour for 5 years now, and have played in multiple bands. I read for at least a half hour a day (currently tryna read the complete works of Aristotle). Those are hobbies.
>>
>>24077897
How do you get better at reading? Sounding out the big words or what? Stop being an asshole to people, what's wrong with kids today?
>>
>>24077909
I am constantly becoming a more knowledgeable and well read person. That IS getting better.

If you won't grant that, then Go ahead, read Crime & Punishment and comprehend the plot and themes by yourself. Why do you think English and its subsidaries are college majors? If you won't believe me on that, surely you'd agree that vocabulary at the very least is trainable.
>>
>>24077909
>>24077867
The real question is why you're here if you so desperately want this place to turn into reddit and for karma and upvotes to be handed out when you defend people?

The distinction between mere consumption or pasttimes and actual activities or passions is valid or real. Who are you to bulldoze every attempts at standards or distinction or striving for something better with this new bullshit dogma of "everything is equal and just the same, if you start quantifying anything you're just a hater".

This whole thread was about how certain people are boring and you come with this fucked up agenda of SO WHAT IF ALL THEY DO IN LIFE IS WATCH ANIME/PLAY VIDEOGAMES AS LONG AS THEY ARE HAPPY.

Relax, we're not actively hunting them and beheading them, we're just calling them what they are. Who lured you over here from tumblr?
>>
I crochet, garden, and bake. I also play more video games than should, but in my defense I'm disabled and it's hard for me to do active things.
>>
>>24078020
what kind of gardening do you do? I'm disabled to and have a raised bed to grow vegetables in.
>>
>>24078031
I do the same, I have a cute vegetable patch in raised beds and then flowers and herbs in window boxes
>>
>>24077957
Absolutely it is and I wish more people trained in it. Also, I can and do read so there's that.
>>
I do witchcraft, that's my hobby. Oh, and I fantasize about dating an Asian guy bc no Asians will give me the time of day.
>>
>>24077970
The purpose here was to find out if girls did in fact have hobbies. The OP clearly hands around kids since all they do is party. I don't think "everything is equal" but I don't think my hobby is better than yours because I go out and do something physical. If that defines a hobby there are some people in the world that will never have a hobby because of physical limitations.

People can be passionate about anything they enjoy even if that's playing games which by the way takes a certain level of skill even if you don't care to admit it. Everyone can bowl but not everyone does it well. Does that mean bowling is a pastime? Nope!

Who are you to try and standardize what a hobby is anyhow?

I guess I'm special since I like video games, camping, sports, and the occasional book.

I always saw a past time as something to do when you're bored "to pass the time" I see hobbies as something you do in your free time that you enjoy doing.
>>
>>24078072
Every hobby is equal who cares let people have fun :^)

Top cuck. Take an opinion for once in your life.
>>
>>24077225
>code
>>
>>24077295
die
>>
Also stop fucking saying patrician; I don't know if you're a confused /mu/dslinger or what but you just gotta stop.
>>
>>24077225
I see that the cancer of /r9k/ and /pol/ has spread to /soc/.

>>24077501
Don't listen to this shithead: >>24077730
He's probably never been to the 'tute. Sending you a virtual brass rat bump across the Internet. -Femanon class of '13, M.Eng Course VI.
>>
>>24078319
>>24078321
>>24078335
>butthurt enough to triple post
>tells me to die for calling his hobby stupid then shits on coding (the most practical hobby mentioned so far) LOL

I won't stop saying patrician. Also /mu/ is trash as it's a bunch of NEETfags who think they know music having never touched an instrument
>>
>>24078403
Saying patrician makes you sound like a neckbeard loser. No one in real life talks like that. Back to r9k with you, robot.
>>
There's tons of shut in girls that have tons of hobbies, anon.

I, for one, am a filthy casual gamer who sings various genres of music (Alt to rap to anime music), sews clothes, cooks/bakes for fun, paints/draws/art shit, enjoys hiking, and am an avid anime watcher.
>>
>>24077897
Nope, I am not you and you are projecting. Not all of my hobbies have to be directly related to a skill. Walking and enjoying nature is a hobby of mine. I don't walk to work. I take an hour walk around my neighborhood every day because it's a hobby. Illustrating for books is also a hobby. Gaming is a hobby. Seeing plays and operas and musicals at the theatre is a hobby. All of these are hobbies. Just because all of them aren't skill based means nothing. You also specifically avoided mentioning any of my listed hobbies that do actually relate to a skill, such as playing drums which I've done actively for 14 years. I also read but you didn't mention that one. You mentioned two hobbies we both share but then failed to admit we have them in common. I just have more hobbies that I can list off the top of my head that I am actively pursuing and interested in.
>>
>>24077730
Dude, dude. Listen.

The archive is dead now but there was a thread about a year ago where she added people and she ended up actually only being FIFTEEN. Also she was in med school the last time. I guess she gave up on that and does 'research' now.

I guess there are worse things you could pretend to be.
>>
I actually really like heading to local rivers and creeks to find river stones and fossils. It's just some weird fascination I've had since a kid. Animal bones are being added to the collection now since I'm finding those as well. It gets me outside especially if a pup I know needs a walk or to play.

I was pretty depressed so I would go to the animal shelter and train the dogs a little bit and comfort them. Then of course, pet and brush the cats. That really helped soothe me and probably them.

I love to read, but haven't really touched anything in the last six months, but I've destroyed the King Killer books in like 4 days. My kindle is always being added to.

I have a bucket of craft supplies I play in a couple times a year since I like making care packages for my internet friends. I like to wrap stuff up individually and put stickers and notes on everything, even up to decorating the shipping box itself.

I give hair dying advice every so often in person, not on the internet. I was really passionate about hair color and was groomed by a few stylists and apprenticed a few years with hair color. Never wanted to actually get a full cosmo license, I just -really- like to dye hair.
>>
>>24077327
No. Always kept them on the dresser.

>Perhaps that explains a lot
>>
I play tennis and football. That counts as hobbies, right?
>>
>>24079948
I love you, you sound so fun. Can i come fossil hunting with you? :3
>>
>>24077752
So u just really suck at it? Lel there isnt a reason to hate the game, its fun as fuck and you can play nearly anywhere
>>
>>24077225
Do mine count as real hobbies? I only work about 30 hours a week so I actually do them pretty regularly. I really like to cook fresh foods and challenge myself to try difficult recipes and plate them beautifully. I grow some of my own vegetables and have an herb garden. I have flowers too, I love gardening. I like baking cakes and desserts but I don't do that as often because I usually have to drop them off at my parents house because my fiancé and I won't eat it fast enough. You might not count this but I love keeping my house clean and looking nice. I decorate seasonally. I like to be outside when the weather is nice, hiking and picnicking. Even just bringing a blanket to the beach or park and just hanging out outside. I also like dumb girly stuff like makeup, fashion, going to the spa, getting my nails done. I also like animu and mango, 3DS games and nerding around the internet. I have a couple shows I watch but none of them are airing now.
>>
>>24079911
I mentioned the pasttimes we share to illustrate that I too do them and don't consider them hobbies. Must have glossed over your playing drums, that's a good hobby.

>>24079948
Those are cool. You sound like a very genuine person.

>>24081478
You would make an excellent wife. And cooking/gardening are patrician.
>>
>>24077609
Post pic you sound awesome
>>
>>24078346
I thought course 6 was Comp Sci

- Boston University student with freinds from MIT
>>
I like to make jewelry, though I suck at it. I also play video games, and am starting to hike. I want to learn how to sew better, and bake bread. I'm trying to learn Korean. I keep aquariums, though I'm a novice at best.

Used to ride horseback and scuba dive, but it's been years. Also used to draw, but I kind of gave up on it.

But I have almost no social life, so I need hobbies to pass the time.
>>
>>24077256
to read a mango, you have to become the mango
>>
>>24081352
I would so love a treasure hunting buddy! I would love for you to come with! <3

>>24081549
Thank you, I tried to answer honestly. I do the videogame manga thing too, but those are my when I decide to not be a recluse hobbies.
>>
I'm a songwriter and I play gigs, I draw comics, I read and play video games. I love cooking and drugs. I smell like beef
>>
>>24082572
Why do you smell like beef? Are you a butcher?
>>
I enjoy gardening (flowers, herbs and vegetables), drying herbs, making natural cosmetics for myself, coming up with recipes and healthifying other recipes is fun to me and I've also loved to draw since I was little. It's pretty animu art, but I'm using it to help others.
>>
>>24082640
That's something I want to get into, drying flowers and herbs. I like your hobbies a lot!
>>
>>24082658
Thanks! Yours are awesome as well. Going to rivers and finding cool stones and fossils sounds like a blast, but also relaxing at the same time.

I used to work at a veterinary hospital/shelter and I definitely understand how it can soothe you. I miss all those kitties begging for attention and wanting to be all over me.

Do you ever take photos of your care packages? That sounds so sweet and like you can come up with tons of unique and wonderful ideas catering to each friend. I bet drying flowers could be a cute addition to some of them!
You should definitely give it a try! Drying herbs is super easy. I don't even bundle it up like people normally do. I have massive window screens I place on a small table, so I just throw my herbs on it and they get plenty of circulation. I use a spice grinder to powder some of them as well for some of my little beauty products. Peppermint and rosemary give such a wonderfully potent fragrance that I sometimes just open the jar to smell.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.