[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OKCUPID THREAD Doea anyone still use this? I like it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: https_proxy.png (148KB, 629x662px) Image search: [Google]
https_proxy.png
148KB, 629x662px
OKCUPID THREAD
Doea anyone still use this?

I like it's system better than tinder's, and there's not much to a tinder profile to sharr. not that either work with 3/10s like me.

Here's mine for your perusal and ridicule.
>>
Forgot to even post mine. That's par for the course.

Okcupid.com/profile/spongeons
>>
>>23785929

>>>>>>

https://www.okcupid.com/profile
>>
>>23785929
Ehh give yourself more credit than 3/10 you don't look that bad
>>
>>23785929
youre a 5/10.
Lose weight so those pudgy cheeks get down and you go up to a 6-6.5/10
>>
>>23785929
The only thing I found odd about your profile was the fact that you went in non-chronological order when it came to the six things you can't live without.

Otherwise, you're fine. Relax. I would message you if I had any interest in dating nowadays. I like how you actually put effort into your profile, because it frustrated me so much when I would come across profiles that had maybe a maximum of 5 sentences on it.
Also
>3/10s
I don't have an account any more, so I can't see any picture aside from the one on your profile-- and you look like a 6/10.

Good luck, OP, hope OKC treats you well.
>>
I would make one but I'm too autistic/cringey to write one up that would actually attract anyone. Also I can't come up with an online name for myself that isn't a dirty innuendo.
>>
>>23787867
I wouldn't worry about an online handle too much. It matters very little once you tell people your real name.
Mine was an obscure Japanese anime character's name that ended in a vowel-- and that name was taken-- and so I added another vowel (a) at the end of it. Sounded cutesy as fuck and nobody questioned it.

As long as you list your interests, hobbies and such, you will have the basics down and have something for others to talk to you about. You would have to /try/ really, really hard to somehow make those things sound cringy, unless you're listing what kind of fetishes you're into or something like that.

Seriously, don't overthink these things. Write it, upload some photos, and wait. The hard part is not constantly checking if anybody's messaged you during the waiting period.
>>
>>23788321
As a dude, waiting doesn't get you shit unless you're the creme de la creme.

Women get 200 visits and 2-3 messages a day (filtering out people below 70%).

You have to message every single girl possible, have actually read their profile, and not just message "get babi, u want ficki ficki?"

It's yet to work for me.
But failing at it online is way better than failing at a singles bar or some other nirmie method.

I hate tinder cause there's no information...
>>
>>23788968
Well then, I suppose I'll take back what I said in >>23788321 and rather add "the hard part is waiting and not checking your OKC to see if anybody's messaged you BACK." That applies to both genders!
I know that it's harder for men on dating sites, and it's such a shame. At least take comfort in the fact that those who do message you back are taking you seriously. I had written that I'd ignore anyone who sent me a "hi" or similar one-worded opening. God, about 9 out of 10 messages I got comprised of those exact one-worded greetings. Glad I put that little detail on my profile to make sure who had, at the very least, read the "message me if.." section.

>I hate tinder cause there's no information
I hate tinder for a lot of reasons.
>needing facebook to sign up
>limited description box (just awful for people like me who write a lot)
>the women who match with you don't actually talk to you and only offer one or two worded sentences (honestly, what the fuck)

But I suppose the last one isn't really exclusive to tinder. Though it is ridiculously common on there.
>>
File: 1443835534798.jpg (51KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443835534798.jpg
51KB, 473x480px
>>23785929

I get plenty of likes and visits, even messages.

But the only women I end up caring about end up shying away, and I know it's because I'm an asshole. It's inadvertent most of the time, but I truly think that I'm going to be an asshole forever. My sense of humor I guess? I'm not very compassionate to be honest. I don't like emotions or overly emotional people. I mean, I'm not Patrick fucking Bateman, I enjoy cuddling and things; I don't know. I feel like the rejection, especially from the few women I find to be worth a damn, perpetuates a cycle of bitterness that is not helping me.

If all I cared about was getting laid these apps would be fine, but I want to find wifey. When I find a candidate, I scare them off. It probably doesn't help that OKC has plastered my profile with the "LESS COMPASSIONATE" bar to the maximum.

profile if you want https://www.okcupid.com/profile/mruff94
>>
>>23789686
Is there any particular point where you've noticed that you've "scared women away"? For example,
>My sense of humor, I guess?
Are people reacting strongly/ignoring you after a joke?
I'm one of those (annoying) people who truly believes that you should be yourself and never change for a person, particularly if that person is a love interest. So if it is the insensitive jokes that are scaring women away, I just think that you haven't met the right one. Depending on the kind of jokes, you might have better luck with the /pol/ crowd.

And those bars are bullshit, I didn't agree with most of mine.

If you're really looking for a wifey-type, I think you should add at least a few more sentences to your profile.
>>
>>23789738

>Are people reacting strongly/ignoring you after a joke?

Honestly, no. I don't know what word to describe myself with. Very cynical? Jaded? I think I too often broadcast my pessimistic view of the world and human interaction. Although it's likely subtle, I feel that it's detectable, but that's just who I am.

>Depending on the kind of jokes, you might have better luck with the /pol/ crowd.

What do you mean? There's like 4 women on /pol/ and they're all Bernie shitposters. Truthfully, I've never connected with women. Very, very few have a similar personality and even less have similar hobbies and passions.

Also, I've just had more success with an empty-ish profile haha. I find that the mystery adds for a few things to talk about, otherwise I would beef it up.
>>
>>23785929
What opening lines do you use when messaging people?

I can never think of anything/don't want to put in the effort, so I usually just go with "Hey, what's up?"
>>
File: motherdiedtoday.jpg (374KB, 1140x1567px) Image search: [Google]
motherdiedtoday.jpg
374KB, 1140x1567px
>>23789789
Well, it's very hard to tell what the 'problem' is if you don't know it, either. In any case, I wish you luck and hope that you can find someone.

Haha, they're not all Bernie shitposters. I only post if there's something that I find funny enough to point out, but in any other thread I'll get shut down due to my flag (Sweden).
I understand the pain. I'm a best-described Centrist with both radical Leftist and Conservative views in a sea of liberals and feminists. It's hard not to feel isolated, or give up hope on finding a best friend for life altogether.
Like I said before, good luck, anon.

>>23789826
I usually write something based on their profile. I write a LOT, so there's usually something for the other person to reply to if they're interested. However, if messaging a lot of people at once has you drained, write a short sentence like:
>Hi, I just saw your profile and saw that you like x. Nice to find a likeminded person.
>Hey, I read that you like/believe in x. Why do you like/believe in it?
>Hey there! I read that you like x (movies/games/books), what kind of x (movies/games/books) do you like?

It's hard not to sound like a fedora-tipping faggot in the first sentence, but hey. It's rare to find a book interesting after the first page, after all. A conversation starter is not really that different. If you two start talking further, the conversation will be less forced/generic/whatever.
Hope this helped.
>>
>>23789826
I try to say something different every time, usually referencing their profile and asking a question
>>
Are that any other sebsites/apps that are similar and free?

I tried match, and I had to pay to do anything more than exist on the site.
>>
What keyword do I search for to get a femanon gf?
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/latetraveller

also kik:mikeomatic15
>>
Really looking for peoples impressions of me. Be critical, I don't offend easily.
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_

I'll do everybody in the thread thus far starting now.
>>
>>23785945
Get rid of your pictures.
Make sure you look flattering and they are in good lighting.
Your first one is mediocre. second has terrible lighting, and third is just not good, especially the posture.
>I am a giant nerd.
I personally wouldn't open with something like this, but I guess it depends on who you're going for.

Other than that, your profile is pretty good. Gives a good gist of your personality and interests.

Get better pictures and you should do well.

Also, you'd be higher than a 3/10 if you dressed better, did something else with your hair, and fixed your posture.
I'm ugly as hell, but confidence, posture, and style will do a lot for you.
>>23791366
>but neither I'm from there
This doesn't make sense grammatically. Fix it up.
>33 and still trying to figure out a few things
I would recommend leaving this out or finding a way to reword it.
>Also on Kik: mikeomatic15
No need for this. Save it for messages.

Overall though I was kind of bored by your profile. Not trying to seem like a dick (although I probably am) but it seemed like you were trying very hard to seem interesting without actually being so.
>I love arguing on the internet.
Even as a joke, girls aren't going to want to message you if they think you'll just be arguing with them.

I was hoping there'd be more people, but I'd really like for others to do mine as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 225x224px
okcupid.com/profile/aggressivekitten
I've had this account for about 3 weeks and I already have 365 likes and about ~150 messages. being a girl is 2 ez
>>
>>23791608

You seem like the type of bitch who has got hella daddy issues.

I love that shit. Would message and pursue for sexual relations including choking and spanking.
>>
>>23791608
Yeah, I made a fake female account and I reached my inbox limit in about 3 weeks.
Dudes be crazy on this site, just makes me more confident though to be honest. OKC is really a breeze as long as you know what works and what doesn't.

Anyways, your profile works well enough. You're cut as hell too which always helps.
Word of note though; saying "don't" under the "You Should Message Me If" isn't quite as original as you probably think. Pretty much every "alternative" girl uses the same line.
>>
>>23791608
used to live there too many emo/sjw nigger commie libs there

you seem like the psycho type whod get drunk bang somebody regret it in the morning then cry rape
>>
File: 1428966094166.jpg (305KB, 736x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1428966094166.jpg
305KB, 736x1249px
some girls are just so difficult to get past small talk with
im not a fucking clown here to do a little dance for you
>>
>>23791660

Love those bitches. Piercings, colored hair, quasi-depressive, edginess; it's all just insecurities manifesting. They convince themselves that whoring out their bodies is empowering and beauty standards are mere arbitrary fabrications. The archetypal "swipe right, say a few nice things, and there's a good chance I'll fuck you."

>>23791664

Small talk is for boring faggots and people who're overly concerned with what whomever they're speaking to thinks. Just don't do it. Talk about whatever the fuck you want, fuck getting acquainted.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.