[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kansas thread. 25/m/913 LV Booze, pot, good times. Hit me up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: kansas.jpg (58KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
kansas.jpg
58KB, 500x324px
Kansas thread.
25/m/913 LV
Booze, pot, good times. Hit me up at [email protected]
>>
24/f/Wichita

just got home from the food truck thing. I never realised how fucking expensive that shit is.
>>
>>23646407
Like you bought food at a food truck? It really depends where you are, and how hard you try to find the good ones.
>>
>>23646413
There was a huge food truck event; probably 500 people there at the time I went. I didn't buy anything - I was only taking photos for my Journalism course.
>>
>>23646526
Is the event mobile and heading towards Missouri? There's no good food trucks here in Independence and I need me my dirty greasy food fix.
>>
>>23646526
Oh nice thats cool. Youll never see that kind of culture around where im at. Thankfully im not sticking around long.
>>
>>23646544
Kansas City, right? I thought Kansas City had some of the best culture in Kansas. At least y'all have BBQ and Lush.
>>23646543
I think it's only a Wichita thing; I believe it happens each week during the summer, but I'm not certain. This is the first time I've gone, and probably the last. I'm sure the food is good, but I'm not rich enough for that shit.
>>
Just moved over the border to the Missouri side of KC, am I welcome here?

30/m
>>
>>23646575
Im in Leavenworth. Its a shithole a la Salina. 8 prisons, giant methhead poplation. The kind of town where every girl gets an assraping from her father for her 4th birthday, then gets passed around til she learns to love it. Better off burnt off the map.
>>
>>23646618
>Leavenworth is the largest city in and the county seat of Leavenworth County, Kansas, United States.

Wooo - y'all must be poppin'.

Why haven't you moved to Kansas City, yet? You're SO close.
>>
>>23646631
Oh im a vagrant, rubbertramp. Im only here because i got a real good deal on a half size school bus. Getting new tires and alignment next week and then ill be heading back west in it. Its my home town, but i havent lived here for years.
>>
>>23646673
Anywhere specific you're heading to? I'd like to go to Colorado sometime this summer. If anything, just to buy some legal pot. Shit's skunk, here.
>>
>>23646699
Im going co>wy>mt>id>wa>or>ca then back up to washington for trim season, then ill live in my bus in the forest through the winter. Washington is the promised land when it comes to weed, 100/oz public dispensaries selling at $3/gram and its all amazing quality. Love it! At least you are somewhere you can get weed, im lucky enough to have good connects out here but if i didnt id be smoking the worst mexican stress.
>>
>>23646735
I lived in Pittsburg - without the h - for a while, and when I moved back to Wichita I lost my connections; everyone moved on with their lives. I have someone, but half the time she's out. I need better friends here.

Washington sounds glorious, dude. I want to move up north if I ever get the chance. I don't think I could put my whole life into a bus like you do - that shit's crazy.
>>
>>23646746
I started out hitching and riding freight trains so the bus is like the top of the ladder for me lol. When people used to ask me where i was from id always make sure to add that id obviously rather be homeless than live in LV. Theres less than 0 opportunity around here. I have medical grade hookups in Salina but i havent spent much time in Wichita. I try to avoid kansas as much as possible really. WA is flourishing right now man, the economy is fucking amazing. Theres jobs and money everywhere, add that to the weed and beautiful landscapes and what more does anyone need? Id say youd need 5k put back to move up there and get started comfortably. I paid 750/mo rent when i had a house up there and i made it all playing street music haha.
>>
>>23646766
I'd be able to move up there after I graduate in a year and a half. When I sell my house I'd be able to buy one in Washington, but I haven't looked at the real estate there. What parts of Washington is the best for someone who likes city life, but hates traffic. Wichita is great for me since the population is under 400k, but it's still bustling.

I love taking the amtrack to places. I'll eventually end up doing that this summer when I dont have summer classes.

Busking seems like hard work. Have you thought about recording in a studio? I'm working on becoming an audio technician.
>>
>>23646778
Spokane, ellensburg, wenatchee, snohomish, vancouver, maybe yakima or tri cities but those two arent as fun as the others. Im a fan of spokane, weed store on every corner and its cheap, but still big enough to have culture and lots of events without being fuckhueg.
Busking is the tits. Most definitely the easy life. As long as you can travel around to good spots you will keep steady money coming in. Ive put back just over 30k in the last 3 years, after all my expenses, which doesnt seem like much in the business world but for me its amazing. My peers all became tweakers that live in their tweaker parents basements being worthless so i definitely call it a win. As for recording, i wanna wait til i get a band formed.
>>
>>23646794
Shit dude - forgot about the thread.

I'll start checking real estate down there. I'd have to find somewhere to work before I even think about moving, though. I'm not as brave as you are, man. I couldn't busk for the life of me.

Shit story bout your peers. Most of my peers are Mexican and they're doing well for themselves. The Mexican population in Wichita is probably my favourite. They have great parties and good food - nice guys, too. I haven't met a mexican guy who was ever disrespectful towards me. The whiteys and blackies are full of shit, though.
>>
>>23646842
Long as youve got a halfway decent resume youll get hired in WA no problem, even over the phone from here. Tons of great opportunities out there. Im an orphan, so as soon as i turned 18 i got the fuck out of here. Its easy to rough it when you have nothing and nobody.
Im glad youve found people worth a shit, thats a real hard thing to do in this state. Mexican folks have been some of the kindest ive ever met on the road. I fucking love the sense of family thats so common with em, and its great that you can be around respectful dudes instead of the all too common brochad dickheads.
>>
>>23646884
My resume is pretty shit. I worked as my moms care taker for two years, so I have two years to not show for anything. After that I worked sound for my church and events, which is alright. The two year gap, though, it's shit.

I've never had a job where I had to write a resume, so I'd have to do that as well. They always seem to fall into my lap when I need one.

My dream is to be able to build a studio in my backyard. Most houses aren't equipped for sound rooms unless you are the one that built it. Those rooms are whack.

I love Mexicans. I think the whole respect thing is the most important. The last guy I dated was Mexican and now I can't seem to get off to anything except them. Damn brownies.
>>
>>23646965
Oh dude you can totally put caretaker on your resume. People eat that shit up. Literally anything productive youve done should go on there. Id wager theres something around your school that could help you build it. Unfortunately everywhere in wa will need a resume to reply, even fast food in some cases.
Live yer dream! Nothing stopping you from making that happen. Ahaha, nice. Makes me glad im some mutt mix. I dont know anything about my ancestry due to the whole orphan in kansas thing. I cant get any records of my birth parents or anything, but i tan up so damn good hahaha.
>>
>>23646991
>reply
Apply.
>>
>>23646991
Hah. If you can tan, you're close enough. Us pure-bred whiteys can only get between lobster-red and mom-just-smacked-you red. Even if I fold my arms for too long I'll get a red mark. Damn genes.

I've always thought of resumes only needing the experience for the field. I'm trying to write that sentence, but it isn't coming out well. I hope it makes enough sense.

I'll put caretaker down, but I won't have anyone to put down as a contact except for myself, hah.

My first job was for my dad and I've worked for him at his shop for 10+ years - part time, of course. My church randomly asked me if I wanted to do sound and that's how I got that job. They must have found out I was working on my major. At that time I had no REAL experience in sound, so it was a lot of fun to learn.

What happened with your parents, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>23647040
Im lucky, anymore i hang outside one day in the sun im tan. Makes me happy lol.
Resumes should have everything you can possibly put on them, including travels and serious hobbies/skills i.e. art/woodwork/fitness. Even if you dont think it matters its good to have on there cuz you never know. Also make sure your cover letter is good, where you tell about yourself, college is great for that just hit a peer editing session.
I never had a job before i left then not a verifiable one for years. My resume is fucking horrible, people assume im well versed because of my travels, or they assume im a lazy bum. Double edged sword haha. Its better lately, ive had a bunch of jobs in the last few years.
I dont know to be honest. I know they gave me up at birth, i was in a state home until i was old enough to get fostered out. Bounced around my whole life, last 10 years before i left were spent in 6 homes here in Leavenworth. I have managed to find out i have a brother and two sisters, but as far as ethnicity/medical history/names im shit out of luck, kansas wont release the records. Pretty much every foster home i was in was shit, no one ive ever known outside a handful of friends ever tried to contact me after i left.
>>
>>23647104
Would you be able to contact your brother and sisters, or will they not release that? How did you find out about it if they don't let you know that information. That's bullshit, by the way. Fuck the system - sorry about the super edginess, but shit.

After highschool I had the same issue. I didn't contact anyone and no one really kept in contact with me. I'm glad I moved back here, though. It's a lot better than Pittsburg. That place was a shithole.
>>
>>23647119
Super fuck the system. Especially fuck kansas. I found that out from one of my foster parents who talked to one of the people who handled my shit when i got handed over to the state. I dont even really know its true, but its fun to think about.
Every time i come back here it seems everyone i know is doing worse. Sucks. Glad i got out!
>>
>>23647168
I hope you find yourself a great time with your bus.

I'm heading to bed, man. Good talking to ya.
>>
>>23647177
3 weeks in on the bus, i love it. Been hanging out at the lake in atchison fixin on it loving life. Peace!
>>
I bought my current car in Leavenworth.

32/m/MHK
>>
>>23647415
Did ya get a good deal?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.