[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Those who have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: blkandwhite.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
blkandwhite.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
Those who have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, would you mind sharing your experience leading up to your diagnosis? would you care to share what symptoms or red flags that made it clear that things weren't right? what has treatment been? has it worked? thanks
>>
>>23614629
You really shouldn't come to /soc/ for this kind of thing. I mean it isn't easy to find what you might be looking for anywhere, but here shouldn't be one of the places you look.

BPD is a bitch, though.
>>
>>23614674
ok, why not? think it's too heavy? too rare?
>>
>>23614674
would you suggest a different board?
>>
>>23614806
it isn't that rare, and I'd just avoid 4chan in general if you want to talk about mental illness and avoid bullshit as much as you prefer to.
>>
It's just full of self diagnosed girls that think it makes them look edgy. Most of them are histrionic. Actual diagnosis of borderline isn't that common. And thanks to the Internet what people think of bpd is so skewed it wouldn't be accurate even if they were citing their Google diagnose resources.

I got diagnosed at 17. I hate having to tell anyone because of the stigma that comes with it from people self diagnosing. It is tough but can be treated and kept in control with therapy. Mostly people use it as an excuse to do shitty things to others or to make a scene for attention. But in reality we are constantly trying to avoid emotional conflict bc of how overwhelming emotions can be to us. If we are manipulative(not really the most accurate word but best for explanation) it is not to hurt or deceive others but to protect ourselves. Of course if you date or have a relationship with anyone with kind of mental disease that's untreated it's going to be a shit show. Whether it is a depressed person, bi polar, bpd, anxiety, etc. so if they are diagnosed and not getting help then don't get involved. But mostly people think because webmd said one symptom could possibly be a characteristic they start claiming they are borderline for an excuse to be shitty. Stop reading online and go to an actual psychatrist for a diagnosis. If you are bad enough that you think you fit the internets description of bpd go check yourself into the er and get a psych evaluation. Chances are you don't have it.
>>
I was raped, and in the following therapy they thought I had more shit going on so I was referred to a psychologist. got diagnosed at 17 which is apparently young but I was a pretty textbook case to begin with

I think my biggest symptoms/red flags I had that made it obvious were
>risky activities/drug use
>self harm
>very intense but brief relationships
>black and white view of people
>unstable/negative self-image
>bouts of depression
>severe anxiety

combine that with being from a fucked up family, it was pretty obvious. it's only gotten worse as I've gotten older, been hospitalized a couple times and will experience stress induced paranoia and breaks with reality

>treatment
if you call being heavily medicated treatment, I'm not dead so I guess it is working
>>
If you don't mind phone chatting message my email [email protected]
24/f diagnosed borderline at age 16.
>>
>>23614904
I've met people with BPD. I feel like they are genuinely evil human beings, like serial killer tier. It's scary. Didn't really notice something was "different" about them until it was too late.
>>
I dated a woman who got diagnosed with some cluster b traits. That includes BPD.

She cheated on her bf with me for like a year. It wasen't even like just some fling. It was a full on relationship. I met her mother and everything. her BF on the other hand is:

>a heroin addict
>has no job
>no car
>no home

me?
>double masters
>musician
>in shape
>teacher

like wtf man. that girl makes no sense. I had no idea about the guy otherwise I would have backed off.
>>
>>23615425
oh and me and him got in touch. I told him everything. he took her back. Fucking idiot.

What is sad is i can't believe this girl even had to think about not leaving that dude. might have been the guilt I guess? He did OD sometime during their relationship. Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>23615425
ant?
>>
>>23616501
what?
>>
>>23615027
Luca?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.