[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any comicbook fans or cartoon fans from /co/ want to share information?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Magic__ain_t_gonna_explain_it.png (365KB, 607x727px) Image search: [Google]
Magic__ain_t_gonna_explain_it.png
365KB, 607x727px
Any comicbook fans or cartoon fans from /co/ want to share information? I'm looking for more friends who actually read comics comics or like cartoons
I'm 's bi male 21 from nyc
My kik is harrisonfordhater
>>
>>23488109
Tedgrant13
>>
Like recent shit or what?

Cause man, if you want to talk about 90's Marvel I'm down.
>>
>>23488233
>90s marvel
Absolutely! The 90s Clone Saga is actually my favorite Era in Spider-Man history (I know it sucked but there's a lot of good stuff too)
I love most marvel stuff and buy almost every book they put out
>>
>>23488253
I think the last 'new' thing I read was Earth through Universe X.
Clones was pretty nuts I love that arc with Ben and and that crazy stuff.
I have Weapon X, Venom Returns, and the Infinity Gauntlet sitting on my shelf.
>>
>>23488263
Infinity Gauntlet is still a really solid read and the X books are also very good in the 90s (though convoluted at times) but I've only read parts of Universe x. There's a lot of good stuff out now, of course a lot of crap too but you should check out the new stuff. Part of the reason I want to meet other comic fans is to exchange recommendations
>>
>>23488285
Did you read Earth X? Or started on universe?

I didn't like a lot of the civil war stuff didn't find it interesting. I think right now I'm looking for Demon in a Bottle or any microverse/hulk stuff.

I'll add your kik but I may nap for a bit here. Also the comics I recommend are usually old as shit or weird stuff like Mouse Guard, so be warned.
>>
File: 1376614647225.png (340KB, 329x589px) Image search: [Google]
1376614647225.png
340KB, 329x589px
>>23488109
You know /co/ had a (now defunct) tumblr full of recommendations and reading lists, right?
http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/

Kaine had a pretty fun run a couple years ago as Scarlet Spider. It was pretty fun

Also if you ever liked TMNT you need to check out the IDW ongoing because it's awesome
>captcha select pizzas
>>
>>23488324
Again I'm a big 90s clone saga fan so the Kaine series was a dream come true, pretty pissed that Marvel dropped him after the abortion that was Spider-Verse
>>
>>23488109
>bi male 21 from nyc
bi mtf 30 from nyc, huge superhero comic fan, mostly a Marvel girl but I love the DCAU and the Arrowverse shows
>>
>>23488324
>>23488343
I enjoyed the new Scarlet Spider series a lot! Kaine was my favorite character during the Clone Saga (first comic I read was the one where Kaine reveals his identity as a Peter Parker clone) and for years I'd hoped that Marvel would bring him out of limbo... when he finally came back with his own series it was a dream come true, shame they disappeared him again
>>
>>23490581
Add me on kik, I'm a huge Marvel Fan as well (I pick up most books they publish lol) and the DC animated stuff is the one thing I can say DC does much better than Marvel. I WISH Marvel did animated movies based on current comic events
>>
>>23490588
I had scattered issues of Spider-Man when I was a kid (and couldn't read) and the imagery of Spider-Man in a hoodie stuck with me until 2011 when I decided to finally figure out what happened to the Scarlet Spider on Wikipedia. After reading the synopsis I decided to start picking up current books and to my superise there was a new Scarlet Spider and I think that book is a big reason why I snowballed into cape comics the way I did
>>
Been collecting and ready for over 13 years now and I avoid /co/ like it's the black plague. I would love to have someone talk comics with.

Fun fact I am working with a buddy to try and open a store.
>>
23 f Boston
I am actually hitting up nyc for a school trip the 1st of april, any good shops to hit up while there?

In school for animation
I like manga and some western stuff, but i like web comics better.
>>
>>23490792
Midtown Comics is the biggest shop, best if you're looking for variants or instock new comics and trades but the staff is kind of soulless, its like gamestop for comics lol but they have three locations so it's convenient. Forbidden Planet is super over priced but has a lot of awesome stuff, very big inventory. St. Marks Comics has big back issue bins and sales frequently. The Jim Henley's Universe in Manhattan is small but really nice, very cool staff with fair priced wall books.
I'm Staten Island Comic Book Jones is the best shop I've ever been to. The staff is super in gaging with new costumers and frequent buyers and they have a sitting area to read with no obligation to buy. Very chill. And Hypno Tronic Comics is another store on Si by the ferry, very weird in a cool way. The specialty is more in action figures/games but they have new books every week and a huge back issue bin.
Those are some I'm aware of that I have opinions on. Also with NY shops you always have the chance of a writer/artist walking in to buy their books which is awesome (I've heard "Dan Slott visited my shop" stories from almost every shop I've been to lol)
add me on kik, I was actually more into Manga when I was a kid and that's what got me into western books. And a lot if web-comic artists are getting hired to illustrate comics these days so you never know. I'd love to check out you're art :)

>>23490767
>avoid /co/
Probably for the best ha ha I enjoy the board because I actually get to talk to people who read comics and know their stuff. The comic subreddits are frustrating because everyone wants to talk about movies. But /co/ is can turn into a hive mind sometimes. But yeah add me man would love to talk, I actually sell books with a friend too and have talked about opening a shop in the past
>>
File: 2016-03-06 22.07.22.jpg (3MB, 3092x1832px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-06 22.07.22.jpg
3MB, 3092x1832px
>>23490823
Ohh sweet thanks for the info! I think i am staying in the Brooklyn area so im gonna do some research to see which of these places are near me. I am trying out some markers right now, it's really difficult though.
>>
>>23490860
Wow that's really rad. My sister is an artist and it's always cool to see her make am effort to step out of her comfort zone and try something with charcoal or markers. But yeah I dig it
>>
>>23490870
Thanks, practice really does make perfect, i am just impatient, your sister should try a variety of charcoals as well as some papers. Charcoal used to be my fave then i discovered pencils.
>>
>>23490874
When she first started with it her work looked pretty good but then we looked up other charcoal stuff and people do astounding things. Shading and lighting when done right with charcoal looks incredible. But yeah I'll let her know. Are pencils your preference now?
>>
>>23490887
Yeah they are, less messy. The only downside is after you build it up the penciled area has a glare to it.
>>
>>23490823
I use to get my pull list from midtown and shipped to me. Now I go through a local place and I'm quite happy. They are amazing at getting hard to find stuff
>>
>>23490754
I don't use Kik but if you wanna leave yr e-mail or something I'd be happy to chat, you seem like a cool guy and you know your Manhattan comic shops
>>
>>23492314
My email is
[email protected]
>>
>>23491032
I hear a lot of people in middle America have their comics shipped to them and they apparently save a lot of money
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.